Shifting the attention once again...

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Thoreau, Nov 30, 2007.

1. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Because the Word of God says so.

That’s right, I know it and you know it. It is plain as day in the scriptures. But they cannot accept the scriptures while still wanting the eternal benefits of claiming to follow the will of God. So they think they can conform the scriptures to the desires of the world. Their thinking is wrong.

Clear as day isn't it.

Yep the penalty for sin is death.

Yes well studied I could not have done better in gathering and interpreting the scriptures up to this point, that you have. Well done.

No. God loves gays, He declares homosexual sex to be an abomination. You and Fred are both wrong.

But these scriptures are clearly about the mechanics of sexual intercourse.

So you disagree with the scriptures. That’s your privilege, but the scriptures are right and i believe the Word of God will stand it does not matter a jot if 99.99999% of the worlds population disagree with it.

For some it may be bigotry. But for true followers of God it is about believing in His Word and trusting in His judgements on the matter. I don't spend my days worrying about gay marriage and the laws of this world powers. They can make whatever laws and peruse any policies regarding this issue they please to, But in the end all the politics and power plays are all vanity. Like people building a tower on the top of a volcano and steadfastly refusing to believe it will become active, as if the strength of their will power will keep the mountain in check. All their efforts are doomed in the long run to be obliterated.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

The very same scripture says you can't eat shellfish. The same scripture says you can't wear clothes of two different materials.

You are as guilty as those you are currently whining about. The word of god will stand even if you and 99.999999% of the worlds population disagree with it.

:bugeye:

Such a hypocrite.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

I bring out this article from time to time because, well, the discussion about God and hatred and homosexuality tends to keep coming 'round this mark:

McKinley, Brian E. "When Christ was Gay". See http://www.elroy.net/ehr/gay.html

It's a fairly simple argument:

8. John99 Banned Banned

I dont know what to tell you, most of your stories sound made up anyway. But that person you supposedly spoke to could have been from any background.

Dont be so hard on yourself.

9. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

John, you really shouldn't be so rude. I was actually starting to like you a bit. BTW, I should have said it in the beginning, but this is a quote from John L Armstrong.

10. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

There, I even went back and fixed it just for you John.

11. John99 Banned Banned

How was that rude? I guess everyone has their cross to bear.

How do you know your right? Things can be\get worse you know.

12. SkinWalker Archaeology / Anthropology Moderator

MZ3Boy84, please shorten the quote, provide a link or better citation (perhaps tell us who John L Armstrong is and why an appeal to his authority is relevant) and provide some commentary to that quote. Large copy/pastes are not permitted in this forum.

I'll give you the rest of the evening to fix, then I'll have to delete it as propaganda per the forum rules.

13. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

Yes I am fully aware that things could be ALOT worse. We could end up like most of the middle east, and hang homosexuals. Do I think that is right? Hell no. But when it comes to the bible, I don't view it as 'maybe im right or maybe im wrong'. I take into concideration the facts that I DO know.

If God created me ONLY to be predestine to burn an eternity in hell, then that is not a God I choose to acknowledge. And I don't believe in a spiteful and jealous god. Seriously... if there is only one god, why is he so worried about us fulfilling his wishes? Makes no sense to me. What competetition does he have? The devil??? haha According to Christianity, God created the devil. Apparently Jesus taught us to love our enemies and don't judge and to accept people for who they are.... but wait, somehow that doesn't apply if thier gay??? Yeah... ok... whatever. Sorry Christians, but whether your right or wrong in the end, your expressions of love and acceptance are WAY off from what you were supposed to be taught as "Christians". And quite frankly, I don't believe in fairly tales, whether they be written a few years ago or 2000+ years ago.

14. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

Ok.. sorry Skin.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

EDIT::: Corrected.... sorry again.

15. wsionynw Master Queef Valued Senior Member

Maybe God shouldn't have given humans the capacity for gay sex then...?
    For a supposedly omnipotent being he seems prone to a lot of mistakes.

16. John99 Banned Banned

Maz3 made it up. He admitted wrong doing.

17. John99 Banned Banned

\
    How do we eliminate cruelty? How, How HOW.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  18. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Good argument.

19. Thoreau Valued Senior Member

Huh??? I didn't make it up. I simple posted the transcript.

20. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Of course i am a guilty sinner. I have never stated differently. There is no hypocrisy in it at all.

I am not judging people from a position of perfection. God is. All i have done is reveal the message of God and warn of His judgement.

You can accept that or not.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

21. greenberg until the end of the world Registered Senior Member

You are, per your own admission, a "guilty sinner".

Being a "guilty sinner" disqualifies you from being a reliable messenger of God's message.

A fallible person cannot know that which is perfect.

22. SnakeLord snakeystew.com Valued Senior Member

Then you really need to stop whining about what other people are up to. Why try and get the speck of dust from their eye....? Well?

Concentrate on your own worthless little life.

23. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: Adstar, it saddens me that you are a "guilty sinner." I would rather think that you are a good man, a righteous man. Why do you denigrate yourself so? If god is judging you, why do you believe that you are a sinner? I see that as self-doubt. I would be tempted to think you were a good man, but if you believe your god would condemn you, that proves there is no god at all! Can you explain this to me?