Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 111

Thread: "Youths" riot, loot, burn Paris

  1. #1
    Mourning in America madanthonywayne's Avatar
    Posts
    12,399

    "Youths" riot, loot, burn Paris

    So, once again the "youths" (the media euphenism for Muslims) are rioting and burning stuff in France. What set it off? Did someone draw a picture of Muhamed? Or maybe those durn Americans were toturing people again? No. Two kids on a motorcycle crashed into a policecar and died.

    So these "youths" set fire to a daycare center, and when the firemen arrived to fight fire, the "youths" began shooting at them.
    Fires raged and mobs rioted in the Paris banlieues (suburbs) Monday night for the second night in a row, after two boys, aged 15 and 16, died when their mini-motorcycle hit a police car a day earlier, Nidra Poller reports. At least sixty policemen have been injured, and a school gym has gone up in flames.

    Violence is spreading from Villiers le Bel to a dozen neighboring communities. At least twenty policemen have been injured so far tonight (forty injured last night according to the latest figures), some of them critically. The insurgents are using firebombs, iron rods, baseball bats, and firing buckshot. Journalists are attacked, their cameras are stolen. The mayor of Villiers le Bel is running a crisis center from an undisclosed location. Interior Minister Michèle Alliot-Marie is strangely absent, silent, or ineffectual. This is not the way it is supposed to be happening in the Sarkozy government. Don’t be surprised if Alliot-Marie is replaced early next year.

    Cars, dumpsters, and buildings have been torched. A school gym has gone up in flames. Shop windows that weren’t smashed last night are targets tonight.

    The tally on Sunday’s punk jihad outburst is heavy and rising.

    Twenty-five policemen injured, dozens of cars burned, shops destroyed, individuals assaulted. Blind with rage, the rampaging mob found time to steal before smashing and burning. For the brother of Mushin, one of the victims, “it’s not violence, it’s an expression of rage.”

    Journalists are unwelcome, often assaulted, but they are getting the story out.

    According to concurrent reports, the rage broke out immediately. The police claim the motorcycle ran into their patrol car at an intersection; the enraged know better—the police car in hot pursuit of the innocent boys, Moushin and Larami, smashed into their motorcycle. Moushin’s uncle was outraged because the bodies were left lying in the fire station. But it seems that the forces that came to pick them up had to turn back because they were attacked. http://pajamasmedia.com/2007/11/paris_burning_again.php

  2. #2
    http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...tbnw=131&prev=

    timeline of french riots...

    what sets of the "youths" is always different...they are just unhappy testosterone religious-like bunch

  3. #3
    Mourning in America madanthonywayne's Avatar
    Posts
    12,399
    Quote Originally Posted by draqon View Post
    http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...tbnw=131&prev=

    timeline of french riots...

    what sets of the "youths" is always different...they are just unhappy testosterone religious-like bunch
    I'm sure they'll be much happier living in burned out neighborhoods.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by madanthonywayne View Post
    I'm sure they'll be much happier living in burned out neighborhoods.
    they will be much happier under Shariat laws instigated within France

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by madanthonywayne View Post
    So, once again the "youths" (the media euphenism for Muslims) are rioting and burning stuff in France. What set it off? Did someone draw a picture of Muhamed? Or maybe those durn Americans were toturing people again? No. Two kids on a motorcycle crashed into a policecar and died.
    The triggers are the same as when rioting happened last year. Youths in poor socioeconomic circumstances who believe that those in authority are taking no action to improve their quality of life.

  6. #6
    Mourning in America madanthonywayne's Avatar
    Posts
    12,399
    Quote Originally Posted by James R View Post
    The triggers are the same as when rioting happened last year. Youths in poor socioeconomic circumstances who believe that those in authority are taking no action to improve their quality of life.
    Ah, yes. Those poor, underpriviledged thugs have no choice but to shoot police and burn down buildings. What with their poor socioeconomic circumstances and all.

  7. #7
    Ah, yes. Those poor, underpriviledged thugs have no choice but to shoot police and burn down buildings. What with their poor socioeconomic circumstances and all.
    I have not advocated burning down buildings or shooting police.

    I suggest, however, that you might want to look into their motives before making the snap judgements you're obviously making about them.

  8. #8
    Valued Senior Member desi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,617
    Their motives don't matter as much as their actions do.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by James R View Post
    Youths in poor socioeconomic circumstances who believe that those in authority are taking no action to improve their quality of life.
    Youths who need mommy to care for them because they're too unmanly to accomplish anything by their own volition, except Molotov chaos.

    Leftie spawn.

    A parade with fireworks.

  10. #10
    Registered Senior Member maxg's Avatar
    Posts
    710
    Rioting is a time-honored Parisian tradition--they are just embracing the cultural values of their country.

  11. #11
    lol touche' Maxg

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by James R View Post
    Youths in poor socioeconomic circumstances who believe ...
    who cares what they believe? they're burning police cars and buildings and shooting at cops.

    "that man was in dire socioeconomic circumstances, butt ugly, and believed his wife was cheating on him. that's why he shot and burned her, your honour"

    good excuse, buddy.

    socioeconomic. man, i love when people use that word

  13. #13
    Stop pretending you're smart! mikenostic's Avatar
    Posts
    4,624
    Quote Originally Posted by James R View Post
    The triggers are the same as when rioting happened last year. Youths in poor socioeconomic circumstances who believe that those in authority are taking no action to improve their quality of life.
    Because running around setting fire to stuff, starting riots, and acting like a bunch of immature brats because you think the system is treating you unfairly is always the solution to that problem. I liken that behavior to members here who start complaint threads when they got a warning or infraction from the mods.
    Were these youths immigrants themselves, or perhaps children or grandchildren of immigrants? If that's the case, and they don't like the way the French government is treating them, then why don't they go back to where they came from? Or somewhere else?
    It seems to me that the reason they left their own Muslim country would be because they didn't like the living situations there either.

  14. #14
    uniquely dreadful S.A.M.'s Avatar
    Posts
    72,822
    Yeah, especially since they are not treated any differently in France

    But the disturbances seen in Villiers-le-Bel, however unjustifiable, are a reminder of how little has changed since 2005 for residents – many of African and north African origin – of the grimmest housing developments. They still live with youth unemployment of 40 per cent, crime, drugs, poor housing and an alienating concrete environment.

    During his election campaign Mr Sarkozy promised a “Marshall plan” for the suburbs. He put a former community activist of north African descent in charge of the project, underlining his desire for diversity and openness.

    But Mr Sarkozy has said little about the estates since his election. He rarely goes there. It is hard to believe he sees them as a priority for dwindling government re­sources.

    The president is at the moment more preoccupied with helping those comfortably inside the system. When public sector workers strike to protect their generous pensions, Mr Sarkozy offers them higher salaries instead. When fishermen complain about the cost of fuel, he promises emergency aid. When the middle classes worry about their declining purchasing power, the Elysée scrambles for tax breaks and government give-aways.
    Why would they be dissatisfied?

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by S.A.M. View Post
    Yeah, especially since they are not treated any differently in France



    Why would they be dissatisfied?
    employers want capable intelligent employees. if you've got the skills and the background, who cares what name you have?

    all this "employers are racists who won't hire you if you don't have a French name" bullshit is just anecdotal excuses.

    maybe they shouldn't riot and burn so much. if i was a small business owner looking for some workers, these riots would deter me from looking at Hasans or Mohammeds. i'd be scared shitless.

    it's the RIOTING, stupid. not their names.

  16. #16
    uniquely dreadful S.A.M.'s Avatar
    Posts
    72,822
    Quote Originally Posted by otheadp View Post
    employers want capable intelligent employees. if you've got the skills and the background, who cares what name you have?

    all this "employers are racists who won't hire you if you don't have a French name" bullshit is just anecdotal excuses.

    maybe they shouldn't riot and burn so much. if i was a small business owner looking for some workers, these riots would deter me from looking at Hasans or Mohammeds. i'd be scared shitless.

    it's the RIOTING, stupid. not their names.
    Yeah, just a coincidence that the development just does not reach them. Why are they segregated?

    Can they live in any part of France?

  17. #17
    Stop pretending you're smart! mikenostic's Avatar
    Posts
    4,624
    Quote Originally Posted by S.A.M. View Post
    Yeah, especially since they are not treated any differently in France
    It seems they jumped out of an unflushed toilet, and into the tub full of nasty, dirty bath water. (metaphorically speaking of course)

  18. #18
    uniquely dreadful S.A.M.'s Avatar
    Posts
    72,822
    Quote Originally Posted by mikenostic View Post
    It seems they jumped out of an unflushed toilet, and into the tub full of nasty, dirty bath water. (metaphorically speaking of course)
    Apparently the rioting started over the death of two youths.

    As in the previous rebellion, the spark that ignited this year’s rebellion was the death of two teenagers. The cops say the youths ran their motorbike into a police car; residents say that the officers fled the scene and didn’t stop to assist the two youths. Within an hour of the incident, young people had hit the streets.

    Regardless of the incident, the rebellions are yet another explosion of the powder keg of poverty, racism and anti-immigrant xenophobia, and constant police harassment of youth in the suburbs of Paris and other French cities.
    http://www.workers.org/2007/editorials/france-1206/

    edit: more details

    Riots have shaken the north Paris suburbs for two consecutive nights after the deaths of two youths, Moushin and Larimi, in Villiers-le-Bel around 5 p.m. on Sunday, November 25. The youths were riding on a motorbike that was hit by a police car and were left for dead by police.

    The basic details of the collision are not in dispute. According to the daily Le Monde, “the motorbike skidded for over twenty meters,” while “the police car’s front was smashed and the bumpers torn off; the windshield caved in deeply.” The policemen promptly fled the scene on foot.

    Marie-Thérère Givry, the Pontoise district prosecutor, said that the policemen left the area and did not begin investigations until that night because of “the danger that their presence in that area would have posed.” She did not explain her comment further, but it is clear that they feared being caught by enraged inhabitants.

    Le Monde quoted Younès B., an inhabitant of Villiers-le-Bel: “A second police team came to pick up their colleagues. But they left the two kids without doing anything.”
    http://www.wsws.org/articles/2007/no...fran-n27.shtml

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by S.A.M. View Post
    Yeah, just a coincidence that the development just does not reach them. Why are they segregated?

    Can they live in any part of France?
    they are segregated because they have an extreme case of Old Country Mentality. and unlike, let's say, Italians or Russians who come to the west and just live in their communities not knowing English (or French) refusing to assimilate but not bothering anyone except maybe the welfare system, these rioters are antagonizing the local population with their riots and extra sensitive victimhood complex.

    and they can live anywhere they want, unlike in Saudi Arabia where foreigners are segregated into compounds - FOR THEIR PROTECTION FROM VIOLENT DEATH

  20. #20
    uniquely dreadful S.A.M.'s Avatar
    Posts
    72,822
    Quote Originally Posted by otheadp View Post
    they are segregated because they have an extreme case of Old Country Mentality. and unlike, let's say, Italians or Russians who come to the west and just live in their communities not knowing English (or French) refusing to assimilate but not bothering anyone except maybe the welfare system, these rioters are antagonizing the local population with their riots and extra sensitive victimhood complex.

    and they can live anywhere they want, unlike in Saudi Arabia where foreigners are segregated into compounds - FOR THEIR PROTECTION FROM VIOLENT DEATH
    If they are segregated then the poor development is deliberate, not incidental.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. By (Q) in forum Religion Archives
    Last Post: 11-08-07, 02:26 AM
    Replies: 481
  2. By Deathfromabove in forum Free Thoughts
    Last Post: 09-10-07, 12:59 AM
    Replies: 126
  3. By TruthSeeker in forum Free Thoughts
    Last Post: 05-20-07, 08:05 PM
    Replies: 17
  4. By darksidZz in forum Art & Culture
    Last Post: 04-12-07, 07:36 PM
    Replies: 3
  5. By vincent in forum The Cesspool
    Last Post: 11-02-05, 04:21 PM
    Replies: 5

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •