Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Water

Quote Originally Posted by Read-Only View Post
    Sheesh! Like I said before: ho-hum. Care to do any more fantasizing while continuing to trash what was originally a serious topic???
    I am not trashing anything...the discussing is still is about water being used as fuel...I am just make a point of the consequences of such an act.

Here is discussion if you see to it:

water used as fuel...energy from nuclear

HALE droid ... made by SOCOM uses hydrogen-fueled internal combustion engine

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10..._strato_droid/

Read-Only...well now that I started to talk on the subject of using water and hydrogen from it for fuel...were are you now? seems like only science-fiction makes a discussion worth wile

Valued Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by draqon View Post
    I am not trashing anything...the discussing is still is about water being used as fuel...I am just make a point of the consequences of such an act.

Here is discussion if you see to it:

water used as fuel...energy from nuclear

That's NOT nuclear! It's an ordinary fuel cell and all the original water appears again - none is lost.

Valued Senior Member
    HALE droid ... made by SOCOM uses hydrogen-fueled internal combustion engine

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/10..._strato_droid/
    Yet another vain attempt which causes no loss of the original water!

That's NOT nuclear! It's an ordinary fuel cell and all the original water appears again - none is lost.
    I am just showing that as an example of how fuel cell works...gawd

and suggesting to use energy incoming from nuclear power station generated electrical energy.

Valued Senior Member
    Read-Only...well now that I started to talk on the subject of using water and hydrogen from it for fuel...were are you now? seems like only science-fiction makes a discussion worth wile
    You're not making any more sense here than you did with your invalid examples that I just shot down.

Yet another vain attempt which causes no loss of the original water!
    this is the beginning only...I am showing you the current state of things. In future the spaceships will carry Earth resources beyond the planet.

Valued Senior Member
    this is the beginning only...I am showing you the current state of things. In future the spaceships will carry Earth resources beyond the planet.
    I believe we all know the current state of things so you are wasting our time with all that stuff.

And sure - we'll carry LIMITED amounts of resources with us. There's plenty of water and minerals located throughout our solar system and beyond.

I believe we all know the current state of things so you are wasting our time with all that stuff.

And sure - we'll carry LIMITED amounts of resources with us. There's plenty of water and minerals located throughout our solar system and beyond.
    I wouldnt be so sure of that. Plenty of resources...but first we have to get to them...and travel on regular basis.

You know the current state of things? I was referring to the hydrogen powered UAV...you knew about it before me?

Valued Senior Member
    It will always take 286 kj of energy per mol of water turned into hydrogen, because that's the standard enthalpy of formation of water. There's no way around it. In reality it will take a little more, because your process won't be 100% efficient. If you want to make H2 from liquid H2O, you have to give it 286 kj.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasor View Post
    It will always take 286 kj of energy per mol of water turned into hydrogen, because that's the standard enthalpy of formation of water. There's no way around it. In reality it will take a little more, because your process won't be 100% efficient.
    yup always that thermal energy that escapes for nothing...

Valued Senior Member
    I wouldnt be so sure of that. Plenty of resources...but first we have to get to them...and travel on regular basis.

You know the current state of things? I was referring to the hydrogen powered UAV...you knew about it before me?
    Could be - I read about it over two months ago. Maybe three.

Registered Senior Member
    space ice mining. that is the answer to endless water.

Quote Originally Posted by thecollage View Post
    space ice mining. that is the answer to endless water.
    space ice mining? nothing lasts forever...

and were is this space ice? heh?

I'm not an expert, but I think that until we minimize everything, or find a way of using less energy to get the most effort, we must continue researching.

Quote Originally Posted by Challenger78 View Post
    I'm not an expert, but I think that until we minimize everything, or find a way of using less energy to get the most effort, we must continue researching.
    yeah sure...but meanwhile we are still on Earth and lack of resources is felt upon millions.

Registered Senior Member
    space ice mining is the mining of ice from other planets. we know there is ice on other planets. there is even ice in the asteroid belt. it will be the way of the future.

Lightbulb Water is power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

This has been bothering me for months. it's simple. use an anode and a cathode to separate hydrogen and oxygen. the will travel through their respected tubes and meet each other recombine and the released energy will be power for the mechanics.

Registered Senior Member
    exactly. plus, space ice mining is an excellent means to increase the GNP.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast