British teacher facing 40 lashes for letting child call a teddy bear mohammed!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'World Events' started by vincent, Nov 26, 2007.

1. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7112929.stm

Last Updated: Monday, 26 November 2007, 13:14 GMT

E-mail this to a friend Printable version
    'Muhammad' teddy teacher arrested

Gillian Gibbons had been working in Khartoum since August
    A British school teacher has been arrested in Sudan accused of insulting Islam's Prophet, after she allowed her pupils to name a teddy bear Muhammad.
    Colleagues of Gillian Gibbons, 54, from Liverpool, said she made an "innocent mistake" by letting the six and seven-year-olds choose the name.

Ms Gibbons was arrested after several parents made complaints.

A spokesman from the British Embassy in Sudan's capital, Khartoum, said it was unclear whether she had been charged.

Embassy officials are expected to visit Ms Gibbons in custody later.

"We are in contact with the authorities here and they have visited the teacher and she is in a good condition," an embassy spokesman said.

The spokesman said the naming of the teddy happened months ago and was chosen by the children because it is a common name in the country.

"This happened in September and the parents did not have a problem with it," he said.

The BBC's correspondent Amber Henshaw said Ms Gibbons' punishment could be up to six months in jail, 40 lashes or a fine.

The school has been closed until January for fear of reprisals.

'Very sensitive'

Fellow teachers at Khartoum's Unity High School told Reuters news agency they feared for Ms Gibbons' safety after receiving reports that men had started gathering outside the police station where she was being held.

The school's director, Robert Boulos, said: "This is a very sensitive issue. We are very worried about her safety.

They came up with eight names including Abdullah, Hassan and Muhammad
    Robert Boulos
    Director of Unity High School

"This was a completely innocent mistake. Miss Gibbons would have never wanted to insult Islam."

Mr Boulos said Ms Gibbons was following a British national curriculum course designed to teach young pupils about animals and this year's topic was the bear.

So Ms Gibbons, who joined the school in August, asked a seven-year-old girl to bring in her teddy bear and asked the class to pick names for it, he said.

"They came up with eight names including Abdullah, Hassan and Muhammad," Mr Boulos said.

"Then she explained what it meant to vote and asked them to choose the name."

Twenty out of the 23 children chose Muhammad as their favourite name.

Mr Boulos said each child was then allowed to take the bear home at weekends and told to write a diary about what they did with it.

He said the children's entries were collected in a book with a picture of the bear on the cover and a message which read, "My name is Muhammad."

The bear itself was not marked or labelled with the name in any way, he added.

It is seen as an insult to Islam to attempt to make an image of the Prophet Muhammad.

Book seized

Mr Boulos said Ms Gibbons was arrested on Sunday at her home inside the school premises after a number of parents complained to Sudan's Ministry of Education.

Cartoons of the Prophet led to protests around the world in 2006

He said police had seized the book and asked to interview the girl who owned the bear.

I became bored with the crazinezz of islam a long time ago, so i dont often post islamic posts anymore, but every now and then something like this that goes way beyound crazy, i find it very hard not to relate the story here.

I mean come on here 40 fucking lashes for letting a muslim child calling there teddy bear mohammed, just because it happened while she was teaching them in class, first the cartoon farce, now we have the teddy bear picnic farce!!!!!!!

It reminds me of the saudi woman facing 200 lashes for being a victim of gang rape, all because she told the press.

I can only hope the british government will not all this insanity to go on much more in sudan, apparently the local men are gathering outside her jailhouse, for what i dont know to lynch her? or to go on one of her teddy bear picnics?

Am i crazy?
    Or are the stories coming out of islam just getting crazier & crazier?
    To be honest here, only a man in a straight jacket can defend this insanity.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

dear vincent

thank you for bring this to our attention

IF this is true theni am in despair..

BUT what i do know is that some of the biggest insults to islam are not caused by non-muslims but muslims themselves..

Eg - the mulsim killing of muslims in Darfur and sudan for starters, the muslim killing of muslims in Iraq , Palestine, Afghanistan and all over the world is a bigger insult then anything any non muslim can hope to acheive, in my opinion. Perhaps they should look at themslevs before talking and acting so mmuch bullshit.

~~~~~~~
    out Zak

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. otheadp Banned Banned

i have an image in my mind of a 54 year old white woman school teacher being spanked by a bunch of savages for a preposterous honest mistake.

the primal emotions in me make me want to fly over Sudan with a stealth bomber and drop a nuke.

the absurdity is mind popping

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Thanks for your honest & rational answer here Zak, it really is a totally ridiculous story that does nothing for islam whats so ever, it only adds for louder calls about where exactly is islam going?
    I mean as each year passes even i am staggered & dumfounded by some of the crazy things going on in islam, is it not a tribute to there prophet that so many children wanted to call there teddy bear mohammed, after all dont kids cuddle & love teddy bears?

I cant help but wonder if it was a male uk teacher would he be facing 40 lashes?
    It always seams to me in islam the woman always gets the raw deal, i mean its illegal for them to drive in saudia arabia, they get 200 lashes for being unfortunate to be ganged raped there.

Do womens rights ever start in islam?

Look the male is the dominant, stronger species, i'm male but i dont feel the need to dictate to females in any way, in fact i am quite the opposite, i feel a need to protect women from laws restricting them or dictating to them, laws should be for all sexes.

How can islam be treated seriously as a religon, when we read these teddy bed stories?
    This is the first i have heard of someone possibly getting 40lashes over a teddy bear.

8. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hey

A mistake wasnt even made, was there???? The name Mohammed is the mmost common name in the world (or so i read somewhere so why woudlnt someone name a bear Mohammed)

~~~~~~
    zak

9. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Islamic people unfortunately are rukled by a bunch of insecure imberciles... I just dont know what to say... i just can not comprhend the logic in any of this.

I have just acquired a domain name, and it will be basically highlighting muslim on muslim crime to expose the hypocrcy of these imberciles... I will hopefully have time to knock up a few pages by the end of the year.

~~~~~
    cheers
    zak

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  10. visceral_instinct Monkey see, monkey denigrate Valued Senior Member

Oh my god. This induces extreme violent rage in me. Fucking sick, perverted so called Muslims.

11. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Well good look with your site Zak, at least you are trying to weed out the trash here, your one of the few muslims i have come across who can see fault within islam, most can not, i can see fault throughout my catholic religon from the preists to the pope, when a religon does not adress its faults it will become a regime or cult, for a religon to be healthy it has to open to criticism.
    Its a bit like a company, when everyone sucks up to the boss & he is surrounded by yes men, this company will be bankrupt or sick for a long time, but when someone with balls comes forward with new ideas & says we need to change to survive, then the company suceeeds.

You need people in islam who will ridicule bin laden & his wind up blow up human dolls, he has this hero appeal in islam, but the reality is he has killed more muslims worldwide than bush ever has, he killed 234 kenyan muslims to kill 9 americans in kenya, he killed 27 muslim children to kill 1 us soldier handing out sweets in iraq, the guy is a basket case who has no regard for muslim life, either kids or adults, muslims are just pawns to him, or wind up explosive dolls, its amazing how none of his one hundred or so wives & children never volunteer for his wonderful suicide bombing cause.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2007
  12. Till Eulenspiegel Registered Member

Great Britain should not allow this travesty against justice to go unremarked on. All aid to The Sudan should be stopped immediately and not resumed until the woman is freed and offered an apology.

Almost every day there is a new news story that makes me respect Islam less and less.

13. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Wow! What would they do if Mohammad Ali went there? Would he be killed?

14. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

Hey Orleander

Haha LOL

they are just a bunch of Hypocritical insecure imberciles.. They are a disgrace..

~~~~~~~
    cheers
    zak

15. Looney Whaaaaat? Registered Senior Member

Casius Clay changed his name to Mohammad Ali when he converted to the religion. It's OK to call a human being Mohammad but apparently not a stuffed toy.
    BTW, Is he still alive? The boxer I mean.

16. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

These are pious religous people who feel their children have venerated a fault idol as a God-like being and as such the teacher must be in league with Satan.

Assuming the Teddy was indeed being venerated as a false idol one must turn to a bumper sticker and ask themselves:

What would Jesus do? (if Xian)
    What would Mohammad do? (if Muslim)

Simple really,
    Michael

17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

GASP!!! Yes, he's still alive.

18. vincent Sir Vincent, knighted by HM Registered Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

My friend at NASA sent me the latest picture of mohammed the escaped teddy bear, he was boarding a taxi at tehran airport, apparently from a leaked memo i intercepted from CIA headquarters, mohammed the teddy bear is auditioning to be the next iranian puppet president, many muslims worldwide regard this teddy bear as the reincarnation of mohammed.

19. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

This is another case of extremism, Taking anything to the extreme is never a good thing, It includes patriotism, So when you mix patriotism and religion, Not a good mix.

20. Hipparchia Registered Senior Member

From your opening post, vincent.

"Then she explained what it meant to vote and asked them to choose the name."

I wonder if this has more to do with politics than with religion. What do you think?

21. lucifers angel same shit, differant day!! Registered Senior Member

i think that if people are so insecure with calling a teddy bear after a religious figure then perhaps they are not has peacefull has they think, there are groups of young men outside the prison where she is being held to lynch her.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gibbons's colleagues told Reuters they feared for her safety after receiving reports that young men had already started gathering outside the Khartoum police station where she was being held.
    Boulos said Gibbons was following a national curriculum course designed to teach young pupils about animals and their habitats. This year's animal was the bear.

Gibbons, who joined Unity in August, asked the class of mostly seven-year-olds to name the toy.

"They came up with eight names including Abdullah, Hassan and Muhammad. Then she explained what it meant to vote and asked them to choose the name." Twenty out of the 23 children chose Muhammad.

22. Zakariya04 and it was Valued Senior Member

hey LA

good analysis

These fuck-faces arent peaceful at all, they are a bunch of power crazed, insecure idiiots who will do anything to enhance their postion whether it be oppressing non muslism or muslims a liek they dotn give a shit about anythign apart from themselves.

these people are the biggest insults to islam

23. pan Registered Member

Just one more reason to exclude Muslims from entering our (free) country. These religious lunatics multiply like rabbits and threaten to reshape the social, political and religious fabric of our communities and, ultimately, our nation.