View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

51 7.61%
  • Farscape

14 2.09%
  • Dune

54 8.06%
  • Stargate

39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

give me liberty
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott
    Coming from a man who can't even manage either of those.

Actually I have read the books as well and the Force does not appear to work on lifeless space between galaxies. Which is not unusual.

so,theres no force outside of your own galaxy,but Q powers work in any time,any where in the universe.

like i said,Q trumps force hands down.

Let go your conscious self...
    Ah, but still, Q is limited to our level of existence alone, and our level of existence is an illusion blanketed over our minds and called reality. All the power Q could ever comprehend means little in comparison to what exists behind the world of our senses. And there are obscure Monks on the very edge of the galaxy that have transcended that illusion, and to whom Q would seem an itch to be scratched or a fly to be whisked away.

No, I don't have proof of this in exactitude, all I have proof of are the Teras Kasi masters, who are mirror images of spiritual monks that do martial arts in our universe. If that is true, then everything I just said is true about them as well. If you dispute me, go to the eastern philosophy section and ask.

And yes, before you ask, in essence, yes, these people could kick the living crap out of the Jedi, the Sith, the Vong, and whatever else from the Star Wars universe we could throw at them. But they won't fight, as war and conflict is an illusion as well. Still, they and the universe are one, flowing through the other, united to one another as yin is to yang, and boundless cosmic power lies at their fingertips. You cannot defeat them, and they will not defeat you. Stalemate.

give me liberty
    Q is on our plane of exsistance?

not even close,hes on the same levels as mythological GODS,all knowing,all seeing,all powerful, the Q dont bow down to any other being in ALL exsistance .they are the highest level of being conceivable.

and you only have ONE race that trancended to energy?treks got at least a half dozen dozen pure energy beings.

it sounds to me that they would be on the same level as organians,but even they are not on the level of the Q.

only other Q can effect other Q.

The status of "God" is still a thread in the blanket of our existence, and hence still an illusion. I'm talking to you from a totally philosophical standpoint. We might as well rule these guys out, you can't beat them, and they won't beat you, I'm just making a point.

And let me ask you, if the Q are so mighty and powerful and all seeing, then why would they help fight in this war of ours? Wouldn't they realize how stupid it is and just laugh at us and whatever else? See, our Teras Kasi Masters are to us as Q is to you. You can't really fight with them, they're superior to the people making the argument anyway.

However, I could say I win because my allpowerful people/person has a basis in reality. You however, could say the Q win because they DON'T have a basis in reality. So what happens now?

Minister of Technology
    Quote Originally Posted by mars13
    so,theres no force outside of your own galaxy,but Q powers work in any time,any where in the universe.

like i said,Q trumps force hands down.
    Actually we have seen none of that. The Q seem to only operate in ST galaxy so.......

Besides i said it didn't work in the dead spaces between. It could work just fine in another living breathing glaxy like Milky Way.

give me liberty
    Actually we have seen none of that. The Q seem to only operate in ST galaxy so.......

Besides i said it didn't work in the dead spaces between. It could work just fine in another living breathing glaxy like Milky Way.

no,Q says his power spans the universe,sorry.

but back to less philosophical debate .

borg trumps empire in numbers AND firepower.

no,Q says his power spans the universe,sorry.

but back to less philosophical debate .

borg trumps empire in numbers AND firepower.
    Oh, Q SAYS his power spans the universe, can he prove it?

And Force trumps Borg WITHOUT numbers or firepower, we established this earlier.

give me liberty
    and Q trumps force,we established all this and concluded that neither would be involved as the stakes would not concern them,remember?

im saying borg trumps EMPIRE .

Minister of Technology
    and Q trumps force,we established all this and concluded that neither would be involved as the stakes would not concern them,remember?
    Actually you concluded this all by your lonesome. We did not agree that the Force would not be concerned, however Q would not be at all. in fact Q would just consider it a Human civil war and sit back to enjoy the show. He may save a few people but not the Federation.

im saying borg trumps EMPIRE .
    Actually vice versa. The borg rapid transit is incredibly primative. Their weaponry woefully lacking. Their shields ineffective against the power level of the weaponry involved. Their tactics are nonexistant. Face it unless it is a Borg Cube versus Slave one they are cooked. Even then the smart money is on Boba Fett.
    Last edited by TW Scott; 02-28-06 at 09:35 PM.

And even at that, the Empire is far from stupid enough to take on an entire foreign galaxy alone.

And no, we established that our teras kasi masters, with their basis in reality as compared to strongly spiritual martial arts masters, would not fight, same with the Q. The Force has been fighting all along, it IS the galaxy.

give me liberty
    Face it unless it is a Borg Cube versus Slave one they are cooked. Even then the smart money is on Boba Fett.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! thats funny,your outnumbered 500-1,by ships 150X more massive then a SD,and you think that dinky little crap box the bounty hunter uses will take out multiple cubes????

your funny as hell,keep up the comedy.

slave1 couldnt take out a runabout.

Hellenistic polytheist Hapsburg's Avatar
    Runabout ain't got shit. Slave-1 has nuclear-level explosives, plus high-power laser cannons, which are more like mini-turbolasers considering the modifications Boba Fett did to the ship. Oh yeah, your little boxes are already fried chicken.

Borg v.s Empire would be like an ant colony v.s an abrams, respectively. Sure, they're more numerous, but with modern warfare, that don't really do jack fucking shit when your enemies kick more ass. The Empire has numbers on it's side, to boot, when facing the rest of your mess.

give me liberty
    Quote Originally Posted by Hapsburg
    Runabout ain't got shit. Slave-1 has nuclear-level explosives, plus high-power laser cannons, which are more like mini-turbolasers considering the modifications Boba Fett did to the ship. Oh yeah, your little boxes are already fried chicken.

Borg v.s Empire would be like an ant colony v.s an abrams, respectively. Sure, they're more numerous, but with modern warfare, that don't really do jack fucking shit when your enemies kick more ass. The Empire has numbers on it's side, to boot, when facing the rest of your mess.

well,runabouts can be equiped with micro photon torps,and phasers are MORE then a match for any TL,considering they propagate faster,do more damage,and have a MUCH farther effective range.

and your anology would be correct if it was a swarm of abrams tanks VS an ant.
    considering a SD is 150X SMALLER then a borg cube,and cant self repair,and has MUCH less weaponry,with a VERY limited attack range,and zero ability to adapt to new weaponry.

and your outnumbered 500-1,and the simulations show that a SD cant beat 1 cube,let alone 500[and that was with tech manual specs,ie. 20GT TLs,ect.].

well,runabouts can be equiped with micro photon torps,and phasers are MORE then a match for any TL,considering they propagate faster,do more damage,and have a MUCH farther effective range.
    Based on what? Evidence please.

and your anology would be correct if it was a swarm of abrams tanks VS an ant.
    considering a SD is 150X SMALLER then a borg cube,and cant self repair,and has MUCH less weaponry,with a VERY limited attack range,and zero ability to adapt to new weaponry.

and your outnumbered 500-1,and the simulations show that a SD cant beat 1 cube,let alone 500[and that was with tech manual specs,ie. 20GT TLs,ect.].
    Sure, now that the sims actually help you you agree with them. I question the accuracy of any simulation regardless of who's side they're on.

Registered Senior Member
    AHHH CMON PEOPLE as much as i love all this stuff lets face it ,what a waste of energy argueing about stuff that dont exsist i meen take canon for example ...its what people debate exists on ships that dont exsist CMON lets forget this and all go for a :beer aye?

Hellenistic polytheist Hapsburg's Avatar
    So? It's still fun.

Minister of Technology
    Ok TL vs Phaser Comparison

TL: Particle Accleration cannon us excited gasses to generate a combination Laser-Plasma beam. Target is damaged by combination of Physical impact, Heating, and Ionization

Phaser: A phased energy weapon using nadion to create breaks in molecular bonds. In hand weaponry it can also carry a charge reducing or negating nueral impulses. The target must be accurately scanned for the effect to take place. otherwise only blunt trauma may occur.

TL propagation: Light or close enough to make little difference.

Phaser Propagation: .986 Light enough to make little difference

TL power sources: Built in Fusion, Anitmatter, Solar Ionization, or Hypermatter reactors.

Phaser power sources: Ships main power, warp core, or auxilliary engines.

give me liberty
    Quote Originally Posted by seekeroftheway
    Sure, now that the sims actually help you you agree with them. I question the accuracy of any simulation regardless of who's side they're on.

actual those very same simulations show that most fed ships would get there ass's handed to them by a SD in one on one combat.

and since i havent SEEN the simulations,and no one else has either,i cant say anything about the accuracy of them.

Exactly. It's a sim. Any single statistic could totally alter the outcome of any engagement. Therefor, for all we know, some 2 should've been a three and in actuality the enterprise could vaporize a star destroyer, or the Millennium Falcon can in fact destroy a borg cube or something. You never know.

give me liberty
    Quote Originally Posted by seekeroftheway
    Exactly. It's a sim. Any single statistic could totally alter the outcome of any engagement. Therefor, for all we know, some 2 should've been a three and in actuality the enterprise could vaporize a star destroyer, or the Millennium Falcon can in fact destroy a borg cube or something. You never know.

no,im pretty sure 500 cubes can pwn a SD with no problem.