View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

    227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

    285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

    51 7.61%
  • Farscape

    14 2.09%
  • Dune

    54 8.06%
  • Stargate

    39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

  1. #19261
    That which cannot be known Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,967
    I bet he'll ignore the evidence I provided saying Neutronium is indestructible... heh.

  2. #19262
    Aus der Dunkelheit Omega133's Avatar
    Posts
    6,281
    Quote Originally Posted by ricrery View Post
    Scott Fucking Anderson comes to mind. Now we'll use him, a mindless moron who insults when he's proven wrong. So now, EVERY TREKKER IS AN IDIOT WHO CAN'T DEBATE FOR SHIT.
    Haha. Contradiction alert! He said Scott Anderson is a minless moron who insults when proven wrong. What are you doing? That's right you're resulting to insults.

  3. #19263
    Bleed White and Blue! Shogun's Avatar
    Posts
    7,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega133 View Post
    Haha. Contradiction alert! He said Scott Anderson is a minless moron who insults when proven wrong. What are you doing? That's right you're resulting to insults.
    It is called hypocrites....there are plenty of people like that in the world.

  4. #19264
    Aus der Dunkelheit Omega133's Avatar
    Posts
    6,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexarc View Post
    Because fans tend to embody the ideals and habits of the franchise they belong to. While it is not always the case, SW fans tend to be more aggressive and dirty while ST fans like to be logical and respectful of others.
    I guess I wouldn't fit that category. I prefer to be civilized and logical.

  5. #19265
    That which cannot be known Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,967
    Oh, BTW - the simple fact that the Enterprise was able to withstand being within 10,000km of the Doomsday Device without spontaneously being ripped apart by the Strong Nuclear Force surrounding it (due to the very nature of Neutronium) shows that Trek ships are incredibly strong...

  6. #19266
    Bleed White and Blue! Shogun's Avatar
    Posts
    7,635
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega133 View Post
    I guess I wouldn't fit that category. I prefer to be civilized and logical.
    Stereotypes.....anyways a lot of Star Wars fans aren't in that category either.

  7. #19267
    Troper In Training
    Posts
    139
    which is why I said it happens, but isn't always so.....

  8. #19268
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    IDIOT ALERT! I never said the Feds were more POWERFUL than the Daleks - just better :P Reading Comprehension - Look it up, Study it, Learn it. Then come back to the debate.
    Hell no. Borg are Cyberman/Dalek ripoffs. So I can state Borg are a piece of shit because of it.

    As for the Neutronium thing:
    I don't give a shit unless it's from Memory Alpha.

    Thus, Neutronium would be impervious to ANY level of weapon due to it's very nature. As the Doomsday Device had a SOLID NEUTRONIUM HULL (as stated on screen in the episode), it is impervious to any and all forms of weapons.
    Excusing extra-dimensional weapons?

  9. #19269
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    I bet he'll ignore the evidence I provided saying Neutronium is indestructible... heh.
    Like you ignore the 200 gigaton CANON CALCS? Irrelevant cause I said it was better, not that it would WIN.

  10. #19270
    Troper In Training
    Posts
    139
    Such data is mentioned mentioned on MA but more in depth on Wikipedia. Overall, neutronium behaves the same way on ST as it should in real life.

  11. #19271
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega133 View Post
    Haha. Contradiction alert! He said Scott Anderson is a minless moron who insults when proven wrong. What are you doing? That's right you're resulting to insults.
    I already gave a QUOTE to his stupidity, and at a minimum I have PROOF. He only uses proof that is easily contradicted by the movies. He also tells the companies themselves they're wrong! Moron = One who fails to understand and causes idiotic acts; Scott Anderson.

  12. #19272
    Troper In Training
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by ricrery View Post
    Like you ignore the 200 gigaton CANON CALCS? Irrelevant cause I said it was better, not that it would WIN.
    yes we would if it is proven to be incorrect or doesn't match onscreen evidence.

  13. #19273
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexarc View Post
    yes we would if it is proven to be incorrect or doesn't match onscreen evidence.
    What a laugh. WHERE is it proven? The novel Death Star states it made the pieces go INTO Hyperspace, yes, INTO Hyperspace. That also goes for the 200 GT remark.

  14. #19274
    Aus der Dunkelheit Omega133's Avatar
    Posts
    6,281
    Quote Originally Posted by ricrery View Post
    I already gave a QUOTE to his stupidity, and at a minimum I have PROOF. He only uses proof that is easily contradicted by the movies. He also tells the companies themselves they're wrong! Moron = One who fails to understand and causes idiotic acts; Scott Anderson.
    Why do you switch the subject to him when you are the one in question?

  15. #19275
    Troper In Training
    Posts
    139
    Quote Originally Posted by ricrery View Post
    What a laugh. WHERE is it proven? The novel Death Star states it made the pieces go INTO Hyperspace, yes, INTO Hyperspace. That also goes for the 200 GT remark.
    by the fans themselves. As for the remarks, the fact that pieces go into hyperspace implies that your DS' actual output is much lower than people claim. But please give me the quote on 200gt

  16. #19276
    Go back to the damned 962nd page.

  17. #19277
    Troper In Training
    Posts
    139
    I assumed the 200GT quote was from your novel, not the debate.

  18. #19278
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexarc View Post
    I assumed the 200GT quote was from your novel, not the debate.
    It's the ICS. Which is high C Canon. I'm really pissed at Omega for stating Star Trek ships would beat Halo ships, not only that, but BSG ships beat Halo ships.

  19. #19279
    That which cannot be known Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,967
    Quote Originally Posted by ricrery View Post
    Hell no. Borg are Cyberman/Dalek ripoffs. So I can state Borg are a piece of shit because of it.



    I don't give a shit unless it's from Memory Alpha.



    Excusing extra-dimensional weapons?
    You don't give a shit unless it's from Memory Alpha... yet in Star Trek they state it is Neutronium from a Neutron Star... giving us a REAL LIFE material we can make a comparison with, and thus have much more solid facts... what the fuck...

  20. #19280
    Aus der Dunkelheit Omega133's Avatar
    Posts
    6,281
    Quote Originally Posted by ricrery View Post
    It's the ICS. Which is high C Canon. I'm really pissed at Omega for stating Star Trek ships would beat Halo ships, not only that, but BSG ships beat Halo ships.
    Halo is not all that powerful. All the Galactica would have to do is nuke the planets and ships of Halo.

Similar Threads

  1. By Fettman in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 10-18-11, 02:02 PM
    Replies: 33
  2. By USS Athens in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-16-10, 04:47 PM
    Replies: 291
  3. By superstring01 in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-11-10, 01:57 PM
    Replies: 60
  4. By Orleander in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 07-11-09, 08:33 PM
    Replies: 27
  5. By Asguard in forum Computer Science & Culture
    Last Post: 09-13-08, 02:15 AM
    Replies: 0

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •