View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

    227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

    285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

    51 7.61%
  • Farscape

    14 2.09%
  • Dune

    54 8.06%
  • Stargate

    39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

  1. #1881
    Let go your conscious self...
    Posts
    611
    You may be right about trek, but you did just totally fuck up everything you just said about star wars. If you're lucky, a sentence or two will be vaguely akin to fact. You don't have any evidence to back up that stormtroopers destroy their own ships (dumbass), they have interplanetary comm systems, hell, we have hand held commlinks smaller than most flip phones that span loud and clear across the galaxy, and you are so dogmatic as to think that Boba fetts jetpack is our only form of personal flight tech. Finally, the stormtrooper armor did stop stone arrows, weren't you paying attention? This is just more evidence that you've never actually seen the Battle of Endor.

  2. #1882
    give me liberty
    Posts
    1,085
    so when that arrow was sticking out of that stormies back and he wretched and fell down,im supposed to think that was a deflected arrow?

  3. #1883
    Let go your conscious self...
    Posts
    611
    That never happened...

  4. #1884
    give me liberty
    Posts
    1,085
    really?because if you look half way down this page it has a screenshot of the arrow taking the stromy down.

    http://www.st-v-sw.net/STSWtrooparmor.html

  5. #1885
    Let go your conscious self...
    Posts
    611
    YOu said it punctured the ARMOR, there's no armor at the neck, they're scout troopers.

  6. #1886
    give me liberty
    Posts
    1,085
    no that arrow went throu the THICKEST part of the troopers armour.

    it went straight throu the bulge on his back.

  7. #1887
    Let go your conscious self...
    Posts
    611
    No it didn't, it punctured at the neck. You could tell on the way down, he friggin turned sideways.

  8. #1888
    Let go your conscious self...
    Posts
    611
    Besides, ST armor isn't designed for protection, you're right, it doesn't help at all. It's designed to be imposing, seeing a regiment of ghost white, totally identical soldiers stalking towards you can be extremely creepy on a subliminal level, especially given the circumstances during the time period. They aren't supposed to be human, they're supposed to be stormtroopers. Period.

  9. #1889
    give me liberty
    Posts
    1,085
    theres a pic just under that that shows him with the arrow clearly THROU his armour.

    its the last pic of the sequence,it shows the top if his head and his back with the arrow THROU the armour into his back.






    and yeah,stormies are supposed to be scary swarms of drones,but the borg look so much more menacing,especialy in large numbers.

  10. #1890
    Well its obvious that the only winner in the battle of all mentioned is the Stargate...theyv got the weapon of the ancients...it destroys everything alive or dead with a specific frequency of the atom. So one push on that button and Stargate can eliminate everything.

  11. #1891
    give me liberty
    Posts
    1,085
    oops,the HORRIBLE acting of everybody on stargate combined with the horendous writing nullified thier entire galaxy.

  12. #1892
    Quote Originally Posted by mars13
    oops,the HORRIBLE acting of everybody on stargate combined with the horendous writing nullified thier entire galaxy.
    horrible acting??!! Stargate is the best there is, the cream of cappucino.

  13. #1893
    give me liberty
    Posts
    1,085
    Omg, tea -lick,tealouq,ti-elq, or however you spell that asinine name is the WORST actor on any show ever.


    the movie wasnt even that good,how it got made into a show and had dozens of spin offs,no one knows.

    its worse then babylon 5 and the new battlestar galactica combined.

  14. #1894
    Quote Originally Posted by mars13
    Omg, tea -lick,tealouq,ti-elq, or however you spell that asinine name is the WORST actor on any show ever.


    the movie wasnt even that good,how it got made into a show and had dozens of spin offs,no one knows.

    its worse then babylon 5 and the new battlestar galactica combined.
    ... Battlestar galactica is all terrorist nuisance drama...Babylon 5 got like the worst animation there is, its so easily recognizible that the ships are 3D animated on computer...duh... While Stargate got lotsa different species like Gould...emm....Gould...and other species...and the main characters always go on missions with different consiquences and technologies...and I love the idea of using stargate to travel rather then using bulky spaceships like in StarWars or StarTrek... Stargate is amazing because of its originality, one of its kind, and also occasional humor.

  15. #1895
    give me liberty
    Posts
    1,085
    well i still think the movie was mediocore and should NEVER have been made into a show,let alone have hundreds of episodes with endless god awful spinoffs.


    give me some Roddenberry Trek any day of the week.

  16. #1896
    Minister of Technology
    Posts
    4,149
    S:Isolation suits only work when you have the holo emitter station, otherwise you are bright orange.


    M:wheres your proof?
    When Data damaged the holostation suddenly everyon was visible. If they were truly cloaked suits why would they need the station. the answer is that the holostation emited a holographic image on all the orange material. The shadows of the people in the suits was answer enough for that.


    S:hand phasers are a joke they can handle a hundred shots at kill setting and that setting doesn't even leave a mark on the paint they put on interior walls.

    M: i keep telling you they dont set them too high or else they DESTROY internal components of the ship,idiot stormies wouldnt know anything about NOT damaging their own ship so they just fire blindly into every power conduit and relay.a good crew men puts his SHIP first.
    So you're admitting they have poor construction techniques. A good crewman puts hislife and lives of his crew first and ship second. If I needed to take out an man on the other side of a interior wall, trust me i have not problem vaping part of that wall. becuase my life is more important than the ship. And what about those times they are not on ship? Why do they set their weapon so low there?


    S:shooting 90%? yeah right! Worf and Riker missed the one Reman as he walked across a narrow hall. Actually strolled is more the word and they weren't under fire or far away.

    m: yes,on screen total accuracy is well over 90%,just picking one time they miss doesnt make that their total accuracy .
    BS, total BS, well actually you may be right 90% of the time they hit SOMETHING. Though I tend to think of hitting cover, walls and non essential inanimate objects as misses.


    S:Anti-grav belts, we got those too

    M:well the stromies dont ever use them.
    Not in the movies no, but their are repulsor equiped stormtroppers, with rocket packs (for more precise maneuvering) as well a powered armor.

    S:Tricorders also a joke, one commset could jam every frequency with sesor ghosts.

    M:you wouldnt know about tricorders so you wouldnt set up jamming[as if it would work anyway givin the primitive nature of your sensor tech]
    Are you really this stupid, of course they would set up jamming. Tricorder are just all in one sensors and not even that effective. They are used becuase they have multiuses and small size. Star Wars has sensors like that as well, but they perfer range over looks. The sensor Han used in ESB has a 4 kilometer range.

    S:Photon grenades have not seen any use since that one episode even then they were more like a mortar

    M:and they are mentioned several times in DS9,and when they are used they obliterate everything within 500 meters.
    Okay so a photon torpedo can't even injure a man 50 meters away on open ground, but a grenade does 500 meters? Damn I am arming my ship with grenade luanchers instead of photon tubes.


    Sersonal defense screens, yeah right only jury rigged ones.

    M:these are also mentioned in DS9 and can stop multiple direct phaser/disrupter hits,unlike the worthless stromy armour that cant stop STONE ARROWS!
    Same people who have the photon grenade that destroys everything in 500 meters. Hmm me thinks that thou is making things up. Besides the armor stopped the arrows, numb nuts, just not the bolas or the catapult rocks.


    Star Trek Canon denies any of these things you claim so stop claiming them.
    Last edited by TW Scott; 02-24-06 at 01:59 AM.

  17. #1897
    Minister of Technology
    Posts
    4,149
    Quote Originally Posted by mars13
    theres a pic just under that that shows him with the arrow clearly THROU his armour.

    its the last pic of the sequence,it shows the top if his head and his back with the arrow THROU the armour into his back.
    Congrat to the picture poster for the great photo editing job. It almost had me fooled until I noticed the arrow sticking out was the wrong length. That must have taken some time to do.

    The cracked shoulder piece was interesting too. Of course it doesn't take into account the force of the several blows the piece must have suffered. I mean we all know it it broke it's no good, right? Doesn't matter if it broke under circumstancese that would have pulverized bone or not.

    By the way learn to spell. It it the least you can do to add some credibility to your lies.

  18. #1898
    give me liberty
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott
    When Data damaged the holostation suddenly everyon was visible. If they were truly cloaked suits why would they need the station. the answer is that the holostation emited a holographic image on all the orange material. The shadows of the people in the suits was answer enough for that.




    So you're admitting they have poor construction techniques. A good crewman puts hislife and lives of his crew first and ship second. If I needed to take out an man on the other side of a interior wall, trust me i have not problem vaping part of that wall. becuase my life is more important than the ship. And what about those times they are not on ship? Why do they set their weapon so low there?




    BS, total BS, well actually you may be right 90% of the time they hit SOMETHING. Though I tend to think of hitting cover, walls and non essential inanimate objects as misses.




    Not in the movies no, but their are repulsor equiped stormtroppers, with rocket packs (for more precise maneuvering) as well a powered armor.



    Are you really this stupid, of course they would set up jamming. Tricorder are just all in one sensors and not even that effective. They are used becuase they have multiuses and small size. Star Wars has sensors like that as well, but they perfer range over looks. The sensor Han used in ESB has a 4 kilometer range.



    Okay so a photon torpedo can't even injure a man 50 meters away on open ground, but a grenade does 500 meters? Damn I am arming my ship with grenade luanchers instead of photon tubes.




    Same people who have the photon grenade that destroys everything in 500 meters. Hmm me thinks that thou is making things up. Besides the armor stopped the arrows, numb nuts, just not the bolas or the catapult rocks.


    Star Trek Canon denies any of these things you claim so stop claiming them.


    1.if some dipshit stormy is firing widly at parts of the ship of which he has ZERO knowledge of to get one escaped prisoner o and blows the ship up,tell me,how is that a good thing?

    2.i have counted accuracy in every movie,and its well over 90%,and MOST of the shows are batting 1000 when its comes to phaser fire vs efective hit.if you call it bs,please feel free to provide some evidence.


    3.wow,4 whole kilometers?a tricorder can scan from a planets surface to its core.
    heres a list of things tricorders can do,im sure youll tell me worthless white armour is better.
    http://www.st-v-sw.net/STSWground-tricord.html

    4.photon weapons and phase weapons ALL have varible yeilds,get this throu your fucking head,anytime its a diffrent size yeild,that means someone set the fucking thing to do that.


    5.so that arrow has been photo shopped?prove it,ive seen the movie and that stormy took an arrow in the back and fell down,stormy armour sucks balls,case closed.

    6.please show ANYTHING that could even be remotly called ''evidence''in ANYTHING you type,please.

  19. #1899
    give me liberty
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott

    By the way learn to spell. It it the least you can do to add some credibility to your lies.

    ah,the last resort of a failed argument,crying about a typo instead of providing evidence,or sources of said argument ,or at least the misspelled word with a correction.

  20. #1900
    Let go your conscious self...
    Posts
    611
    Quote Originally Posted by mars13
    theres a pic just under that that shows him with the arrow clearly THROU his armour.

    its the last pic of the sequence,it shows the top if his head and his back with the arrow THROU the armour into his back.






    and yeah,stormies are supposed to be scary swarms of drones,but the borg look so much more menacing,especialy in large numbers.

    That's the pic I'm talking about, it's clearly through his neck. Arrogant, blind, and stupid, all in one...you must be american.

Similar Threads

  1. By Fettman in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 10-18-11, 02:02 PM
    Replies: 33
  2. By USS Athens in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-16-10, 04:47 PM
    Replies: 291
  3. By superstring01 in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-11-10, 01:57 PM
    Replies: 60
  4. By Orleander in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 07-11-09, 08:33 PM
    Replies: 27
  5. By Asguard in forum Computer Science & Culture
    Last Post: 09-13-08, 02:15 AM
    Replies: 0

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •