View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

51 7.61%
  • Farscape

14 2.09%
  • Dune

54 8.06%
  • Stargate

39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

Invader Zim is kinda kooky but he doesn't have Part 3 of episode 2 (((

Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    the one that you mentioned - st-v-sw site. That company I mentioned is the registrar of the st-v-sw site.

well I'm talking about basic server security. Which it seems, they don't have.

Yes I do. And much more than that.
    Heh, st-vs-sw.net is safe enough mate - nothin on it that'll hurt ya

@Qmaru

Q has never shown anything universal in terms of power. That's the problem, because Xeelee have. Also, Xeelee also use hand held guns to destroy stars, maybe not as an aftereffect, but still.

@Starmaru

There was a time SD.net was the most corrupt site on the web, and I was busy on Comic Book Resource Forums while that was happening. Things have settled down, and I am happy to say virtually every thread uses calculations. Also, if Lucas himself said Anakin got his scar from EU, therefor it is canon. Also, RotS states "whole worlds have burned" and this must refer to Base Delta Zero. Add in I know he once stated the Death Star used a chain reaction and he really seems biased himself.

Quote Originally Posted by ricrery View Post
    @Qmaru

Q has never shown anything universal in terms of power. That's the problem, because Xeelee have. Also, Xeelee also use hand held guns to destroy stars, maybe not as an aftereffect, but still.

@Starmaru

There was a time SD.net was the most corrupt site on the web, and I was busy on Comic Book Resource Forums while that was happening. Things have settled down, and I am happy to say virtually every thread uses calculations. Also, if Lucas himself said Anakin got his scar from EU, therefor it is canon. Also, RotS states "whole worlds have burned" and this must refer to Base Delta Zero. Add in I know he once stated the Death Star used a chain reaction and he really seems biased himself.
    about the last sentence: So you are basically implying that the fans know more than GC himself.... Do you know how ARROGANT that sounds???
    GC has a right to do, or say, whatever he wants about HIS universe. If he suddenly says, 'this or that is not part of my universe' then that's the final word.

And we've said a million times that that sight has bullshit, pull-out-of-your-ass calculations. They way they do things there, is basically a propaganda stunt. They think if they keep saying lies people will eventually believe it. Not so.

And how was said galaxy busted? Where was the Construction Material in the galaxy? etc. just saying it withstood a galaxy buster means nothing unless we know the details of the event in question.
    No, I stated they can withstand a galaxy buster because they are breaking physics just by being stronger than EM fields.

The Xeelee use an exotic form of matter for most of their construction. Known by the generic name of "construction material", the substance is very dense, though it shares virtually no similarities to expected properties of degenerate matter such as neutronium. Instead, it appears as if the material violates the Pauli exclusion principle, allowing electrons to simultaneously share quantum states.

Construction material has been observed to be synthesized or grown from a small flower-like object, known anecdotally as the Xeelee Flower (as seen in the short story The Xeelee Flower, found in Vacuum Diagrams)[2]. This device creates construction material when the control unit is removed in the presence of sunlight. It is unknown if the Xeelee have other methods of creating the substance. The only things known to be able to damage it are magnetic monopoles and gravitational singularities. During the third human/Xeelee war the Xeelee encased stars in this material, this prevented any radiation and heat escaping and so forcing humans to leave those systems or die.
    Construction Material

Quantify how and what destroyed the galaxies please.
    I don't know, hurling it is confirmed, maybe even using the black hole to degenerate.

Interesting. Can they use it in combat?
    They used it to contain the entire human race in a cube a few meters in diameter, and the scientists assumed it was many light years around. They could simply contain the entire race in a cube.

3m handguns less powerful then the smallest cap ship in the Irken fleet. What types of ships do the Xeelee have and how much does the power vary between each class?
    HAHA! So NO ship AT ALL can destroy a star is STRONGER than a STARBREAKER? WANK ALERT. The only known ship is a Nightfighter that was damaged and had only a 3m in it. Real warships would be far more powerful than the Nightfighter.

Lets see, you said a Xeelee AI had to gather materials and then took an entire week to rebuild Earth, correct? A single Irken has shown greater industry then that in a time span of minutes.
    Ooooh, so? Can Irkens hurl galaxies as bullets with their "industry", can they create indestructible ships with their "industry", can they even time travel picoseconds after the Big Bang and conquer it with their "industry"? Nope.

The Irkens have the firepower, the numbers, and the industry to steamroll most other sci-fi's. Plus, given how the Xeelee are suppose to be teh masters of the entire universe isn't it a tiny bit silly they got stuck in a 20,000 year war with humanity and didn't just wipe the Photino Birds out at the start of the universe? I don't really have enough information on the Xeelee's enemies but given what the Xeelee are capable of they should have stomped both of them long ago. Of course if there is something I do not know of just bring it up and we can drop this part.
    Manifold no, Xeelee Sequence, no, Doctor Who, no, Culture, no, and others, no.

Humanity was nearly as advanced as them, but they were still a distraction, and during the million years of war, the Xeelee were still toying with them enough to trap them in a pocket universe. You know jack shit about science don't you? Dark Matter makes up how much of the universe? Oh right, 70%, and Xeelee were fighting them for billions of years, and were losing. Xeelee could destroy galaxies on accident and not give a shit. Does that say much?

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    about the last sentence: So you are basically implying that the fans know more than GC himself.... Do you know how ARROGANT that sounds???
    GC has a right to do, or say, whatever he wants about HIS universe. If he suddenly says, 'this or that is not part of my universe' then that's the final word.
    Man: How did Anakin get that scar?
    George: Something that happened in EU, maybe it was an accident.
    Trekkies: HE SAYS EU IS NOT CANON.
    Me:

And we've said a million times that that sight has bullshit, pull-out-of-your-ass calculations. They way they do things there, is basically a propaganda stunt. They think if they keep saying lies people will eventually believe it. Not so.
    Wrong, I wasn't even talking about SW calcs, I was talking about people making calcs for other fictions

Man: How did Anakin get that scar?
    George: Something that happened in EU, maybe it was an accident.
    Trekkies: HE SAYS EU IS NOT CANON.
    Me:
    GC doesn't have to explain what he does. If all the answers are there, then what's the point of watching what he creates? A good film is SUPPOSE to leave you with questions.

Wrong, I wasn't even talking about SW calcs, I was talking about people making calcs for other fictions
    No. I'm right. Unless you are thinking that what everybody else wrote was in their imagination.

Rice, he also says that, for all he knows, Anakin could have slipped in the shower in that same interview... you can't pick and choose your source material man... surely you understand that.

I assume he's allowing EU to cross with G-Canon. Besides, RotS says "whole worlds have burned"

And yet, it also says that "the power to destroy worlds is insignificant next to the power of the force", and yet in the movies the most we see done with the force is some lightning, choking, a little control over weak minded people, and the occasional telekinesis.

It never says HOW whole worlds have burned - at the hands of 1-2 ships, or even 1-2 dozen ships, cool. At the hands of 2-3 hundred ships... not so impressive... at the hands of 1-2 thousand ships... who cares.

Species 8472 is capable of going Death Star on a planet with 8 regular ships... nothing special about em at all. Focus fire and *pop* goes the planet.

Species 8472 is capable of going Death Star on a planet with 8 regular ships... nothing special about em at all. Focus fire and *pop* goes the planet.
    Problem is, SW planets have shields, as well as the chain reaction S8472 uses can't be used in combat, making it useless.

And yet, it also says that "the power to destroy worlds is insignificant next to the power of the force", and yet in the movies the most we see done with the force is some lightning, choking, a little control over weak minded people, and the occasional telekinesis.
    And in EU, we see Force users killing planets, hurling the cores of stars, creating wormholes and etc. So that must be filler.

And in EU, we see Force users killing planets, hurling the cores of stars, creating wormholes and etc. So that must be filler.
    Except if all this was possible... why wasn't it used in the movies? Why didn't Windu, Yoda, or a host of other powerful Jedi use such power in the Clone Wars saga? Where was this power when the Emperor needed to crush the rebellion?

Problem is, SW planets have shields, as well as the chain reaction S8472 uses can't be used in combat, making it useless.
    Some planets have shields. Most use theater shields. And even then, the way the 8472 weapon works, they could simply come out of warp in formation and fire. Even if the ships are destroyed, *poof* goes the planet.

this has already been disproven. But since you are unwilling to watch anything, and running your mouth like Busta Rhymes all the time, there's no point in talking about it. You only seem to talk because you like reading your own words. What ever we say goes in one ear and out the other in a black hole.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    Except if all this was possible... why wasn't it used in the movies? Why didn't Windu, Yoda, or a host of other powerful Jedi use such power in the Clone Wars saga? Where was this power when the Emperor needed to crush the rebellion?
    This has got to shitting me

Okay, assuming for a second I excuse the utter impossibility of what I just watched (not even including how utterly ridiculous that ship was), say that was true.

Mace Windu was the last of a kind of Jedi that blended both dark and light side powers. From every source I can see, he was, literally, the last of his kind.

From your own Wookiepedia:

Widely considered one of the best swordsmen in the Jedi Order, Windu created Vaapad, the modern seventh form of lightsaber combat, and was one of only two people to fully master it, and the only one of those two not to fall to the dark side. It was said that the only opponents with a chance to out spar him were Yoda and Count Dooku.

Thus, his superior abilities and actions are not exactly a "common trait" among jedi, and not something that they can be assumed able to use.

Yes, Mace Windu kicks ass... he crushed Greivous' chest with the force without succumbing to the dark side, even though that was a decidedly "dark" attack.

My point, however, still stands - it would appear that, as of the movies, the last of the "great" jedi masters were gone. Yoda himself was incredibly weakened and soon died. Luke, while potent, is no Mace Windu. Obi Wan is gone, and even Palpatine's powers are, obviously, diminished.

Who's left to carry on such legacies, such powers? Nobody... and thus the force has, essentially, been left all but impotent, relegated to such tasks as mind fuckery, bio-feedback, and minute-precognition.

Mace Windu was the only Jedi to fully master Vaapad. The other two practitioners of the style, Sora Bulq and Depa Billaba, were unable to master it—instead, it mastered them, driving them insane and leading them to the dark side.[1] Even without his unique fighting style, it is said that only his one-time friend, Dooku, and the venerable Grand Master Yoda could outspar him.[39] When he did use Vaapad, he was virtually unbeatable, as displayed when he defeated Darth Sidious, when even Grand Master Yoda could not. When he went to Haruun Kal in search for his former Padawan, Depa Billaba, he used both his and her lightsabers in a masterful two-bladed variant of Vaapad. During his duel with Palpatine, he and the Sith Lord used a Shien opening stance in the middle of the battle, but it is unknown whether or not Mace Windu employed Form V. A factor that played into Windu's fighting style was his admission that his greatest character flaw was his enjoyment of fighting, and given the nature of the dark side, this was a very dangerous trait for a Jedi to possess. Windu, like Plo Koon, was known to practice powers close to the dark side, even using Force Crush and Force Grip at times. In fact, Windu intentionally created Vaapad to help channel his inner darkness into something more positive.[34]
    There you have it - Windu was more powerful when fighting at his extreme than even GRAND MASTER YODA.

I concede - Windu was one badass muthafucka. However, with his death, I think the force lost a LOT of it's bite.

However, I have a problem with how strong he was, especially in the areas of Telekinesis... why is it that when Palpatine zapped him with force lightning, which did NOT kill him but rather knocked him out of the window (as per the script), he died as a result of a 50 foot fall to the ground? You're telling me a man able to leap 300+ feet into the air died from a 50 foot fall? SOmething just doesn't add up...

That was T-Canon, so George was involved.

In the novel, Palpatine is winning over both Mace and Yoda, and he was one of many Sith Lords with a slight strength advantage. See, Palpatine wanted to lose to get Anakin to join. Yoda was also aware he was losing.