View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

51 7.61%
  • Farscape

14 2.09%
  • Dune

54 8.06%
  • Stargate

39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

Quote Originally Posted by Nexarc View Post
    They would never want to kill all life let alone destroy a planet. It is not in their nature. If they had to though, the Federation may not be able to destroy a planet directly without severe and heavy modification of an existing ship or building a dedicated vessel to the job. However, a trilithium warhead could destroy the entire starsystem when shot into the host star. Or even producing red matter again to create black holes.
    yes! or for example, what they did with General Martok's ship when they affected the sun in Dominion space to destroy all those ship yards with just flares
    This proves that ST tech/ideas are more efficient. They don't need ginormous ships to do the job.

Oooo...bad idea. Red matter woldn't be a good idea to have again it could get in the wrong hands. But yes they could use red matter for black holes to swallow up something; it's better than having huge inefficient SW ships

Registered Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    yes! or for example, what they did with General Martok's ship when they affected the sun in Dominion space to destroy all those ship yards with just flares
    This proves that ST tech/ideas are more efficient. They don't need ginormous ships to do the job.
    huge ships can boast huge and effective weapons.and lots of them!
    Oooo...bad idea. Red matter woldn't be a good idea to have again it could get in the wrong hands. But yes they could use red matter for black holes to swallow up something;
    hmm...not a good idea...but interesting!

it's better than having huge inefficient SW ships
    SW ships are actually efficient,just because they are different from ST ships.

(which by the way are always in danger of a warp core breach,antimatter
    containment failing from a virus,and many more stuff like this)

Now lets be serious,which would you like:
    a super dangerous warp core,that will explode in the second it has a breach,
    or a hypermatter reactor,that annihilates the tachyonic matter in hypersapce
    to produce near-limitless energy and has almost no danger;even if the core
    is breached,the hypermatter will simply dissipate.

Quote Originally Posted by George1 View Post

ugh.... I won't asnwer that, I can't be guilty for perpetuating rediculous comments.

Well I'd rather have a warp core. At least then I'll know how to sustian or fix it, if it's in trouble. Not have a "hypermatter reactor" that might wink me out of existence, thank you very much.

Registered Senior Member
    ugh.... I won't asnwer that, I can't be guilty for perpetuating rediculous comments.
    if mine is ridiculous,you'll is moronic!
    Well I'd rather have a warp core. At least then I'll know how to sustian or fix it, if it's in trouble. Not have a "hypermatter reactor" that might wink me out of existence, thank you very much.
    do you even know what the hypermatter reactor is? lol,i know everything it can
    be known about the puny warp core,did you even bother researching about
    the hypermatter reactor?

do you even know what the hypermatter reactor is? lol,i know everything it can
    be known about the puny warp core,did you even bother researching about
    the hypermatter reactor?
    yes I do, and it's the most rediculous thing i've seen, it's stupid to think there is a such thing as infinite speed (everything is at some point finite). And an unrealistic engine like that, that has the potential to unrealisitcally control singularities, has the potential for something to go catastrophically wrong and wink everything out of existence. This point is especially reinforced because of the fact that it contains anti-matter, which (along with the singularity) if it comes in contact with regular matter (outside) will aniahlate(sp?) [each other] creating galaxy destroying explosions. (also: Nothing can control a singularity.) The idea for this reactor (including the Solar Ionization reactor) was taken from Babylon 5 technology and blown way out of puportion.
    Last edited by Apocalypse2001; 03-14-10 at 10:31 AM. Reason: spelling

Registered Senior Member
    yes I do, and it's the most rediculous thing i've seen, it's stupid to think there is a such thing as infinite speed (everything is at some point finite).
    yes,there is,but if you would know something,you would know that it refers
    to the fact that it reaches infinite speed WITHIN the reactor,and transforms into energy.
    And an unrealistic engine like that, that has the potential to unrealisitcally control singularities, has the potential for something to go catastrophically wrong and wink everything out of existence.
    yes,as do the warp core!
    This point is especially reinforced because of the fact that it contains anti-matter, which if it comes in contact with regular matter (outside) will annihilate(sp?) [each other] creating galaxy destroying explosions.
    first,it dose not contains antimatter like a warp core,but hypermatter,
    a form of tachyons.
    second,even if it would explode,the energy would dissipate withing the system,and there would be no galaxy destroying explosions.
    (also: Nothing can control a singularity.)
    yes,cuz it DOSE not contain a singularity...
    The idea for this reactor (including the Solar Ionization reactor) was taken from Babylon 5 technology and blown way out of puportion.
    actually it is more likely the other way around,since the idea of the Solar Ionization reactor and hypermatter is around for much longer that B5!

again,you demonstrate a lack of knowledge about SW!

yes,there is,but if you would know something,you would know that it refers
    to the fact that it reaches infinite speed WITHIN the reactor,and transforms into energy.
    yes,as do the warp core!

first,it dose not contains antimatter like a warp core,but hypermatter,
    a form of tachyons.
    second,even if it would explode,the energy would dissipate withing the system,and there would be no galaxy destroying explosions.
    yes,cuz it DOSE not contain a singularity...

actually it is more likely the other way around,since the idea of the Solar Ionization reactor and hypermatter is around for much longer that B5!

again,you demonstrate a lack of knowledge about SW!
    everything you just said, is waaaaay off and silly....I took that info from Star Wars sources!!!! Why can't you understand that what you kleep saying is childish and stupid?!!?

no it's not the other way around, the ideas that the creator came up with for Babylon 5 was several decades ago. The info for these Star Wars reactors were written long after Babylon 5 came to fruition.
    This is rediculous, i'm tired of trying to disprove bullshit claims when the same people don't recognize the information is from souces they told me to look at!!!!!!!!!!!!

Registered Senior Member
    everything you just said, is waaaaay off and silly....I took that info from Star Wars sources!!!! Why can't you understand that what you kleep saying is childish and stupid?!!?
    cuz i know it is not,while you just don't get what you reed!
    no it's not the other way around, the ideas that the creator came up with for Babylon 5 was several decades ago. The info for these Star Wars reactors were written long after Babylon 5 came to fruition.
    no,it was just publish in the Incredible cross sections after,but it appear
    in numerous other sources BEFORE B5 was even thought of!
    This is rediculous, i'm tired of trying to disprove bullshit claims when the same people don't recognize the information is from souces they told me to look at!!!!!!!!!!!!

Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ricrery View Post
    Kittamaru you fanboist fool! Did you even look at that calculation? Maybe you should learn what clicking is? Idiot.

Species 8472 used NDF, you incompetent dumbass! Not RAW FIREPOWER, how stupid are you people? If you use a match to destroy a box, is it equivalent to using a grenade to destroy a box? NO! Idiots... dumbasses! 8472 is NO match a normal Acclamator which does 200 gigatons on turbolasers.

Did I say they used raw power to do it? No, idiot. As I said multiple times, raw power means NOTHING. Star Trek has found far more EFFECTIVE ways to harness energy, and as such Star Wars has zero defense against it...

Hey dumbass, I was referring to the fact it could do the same thing to Star Trek systems, OR DID YOU FORGET WHAT ITS NAME SUGGESTS? Plus, it can take a supernova, or a Death Star blast, and NOTHING in Star Trek can match that, UNDERSTAND TREKTARD? Nothing can match that

Except the fact that Star Trek could easily disable the Sun Crusher - how you ask? Simple - transport the pilot out, jam all it's systems to hell with Electronic Warfare, hit it with anti-matter bursts, destroy it's weapons the moment it launches them, etc.

Did we forget to remind you?

A- The Star Wars civilization has been around for 25,000 years

And in 25,000 years, almost ZERO advancements have been made

B- Star Wars ships are stated to do petatons by a man with a Ph.D, OR someone with more knowledge than tards like Trektards who think the Federation of Planets can beat Culture or Xeelee, or Borg can beat Daleks...

a Ph.D in bullshit maybe, because his calculations are so wrong it's not even funny... I may not have any advanced degrees (yet) but I don't need them to see the flaws in his math.

And the Xeelee and Daleks aren't even a concern

C- Star Wars wouldn't even have to fight them, considering they would scratch the paint at best, if it manages to affect the shields XD.

It would most likely bypass the shields completely as Star Wars has never encountered a Nadion based weapon (Phasers work on the nadion particle) and thus, logically, have zero defense against them.

D- Star Trek tards don't know shit about how weak Star Trek is compared to other civilizations.
    It amazes me how completely biased and uneducated you are... you're... god, I can't believe I'm going to say this... you're WORSE than TWScott... he at least attempted to fabricate evidence... you don't even do that!

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetofWisdom View Post
    And if we assume both sides are competent why would the Death Star still have the exhaust port and not be slightly upgrade to be like what the second one would be?

IIRC, the exhaust port still existed on the DS2, but was covered with ray and particle shielding, was it not? I could be wrong though

1. I recall the Sun Crusher having to run from the blast or be destroyed by the super nova, though I may be wrong on that part.

2. It took a glancing hit from the prototype Death Star and it was stated that a direct hit would have destroyed. This I am 95% on being correct, at least the glancing hit is.

Also, stop insulting people ricrery because it does nothing to help your position and harms your side.
    The Sun Crusher was made of Star Wars style Neutronium if I remember... the same stuff Han Solo was able to pick up and crush to a powder between his fingers. Because it shares the same name, some "rabid warsies" like Ricery here like to think it would be immune to Trek weapons the same way the Doomsday Device was... thing is, Trek neutronium only forms inside a Neutron Star... not on a moon that a human being is able to stand up on, much less as a substance you could pick up (one teaspoon would weigh hundreds of tons if I remember right)

no we don't,i don't care about Wong or his site!
    Incredible Cross Section is cannon,and more acurate than the entire star
    trek franchise.

No, it isn't...

I HAVE!you just don't want to listen!
    Here is the canon system for Star Wars...

Star Wars canon

There are four main levels of canon within the Star Wars universe, which work together to create what is known as the overall continuity of the Star Wars universe. Material outside the films is referred to as the Expanded Universe, or EU for short.

G-Canon
    This consists of the six Star Wars films, and adaptations of them such as novelizations and comics. Nothing is permitted to contradict these in any way, at least not while remaining in the overall continuity.
    C-Canon
    The vast majority of Star Wars material, such as novels, short story collections, comics and selected video games. C-Canon material cannot contradict G-Canon material, but it is quite possible for the reverse to happen. In practice though, this is not likely to happen in the future, unless the proposed Star Wars TV series is designated G-Canon. The Incredible Cross-Sections book series (which helped spark the current iteration of the continuity debate) falls into this category.
    S-Canon
    Usually made up of older or less serious material. S-Canon material still counts in the overall continuity, so long as it is not contradicted by anything at the G or C levels.
    N-Canon
    Material in this category is not part of the Star Wars continuity, either because it has been contradicted by the films, or because it was meant to take place in an alternate timeline, for instance. There's some debate about whether the original, pre-Special Edition films belong here; some say that Lucasfilm has decanonized the originals by withdrawing them from distribution (though they've since made them available on DVD again). On the other hand, there are also those who argue that both are equally valid versions, or even that the Special Editions are in fact the N-Canon versions, as they are obviously edited versions of the originals.
    As you can clearly read, ICS is C-Cannon...

Troper In Training
    Oooo...bad idea. Red matter woldn't be a good idea to have again it could get in the wrong hands. But yes they could use red matter for black holes to swallow up something; it's better than having huge inefficient SW ships
    I know, but I was proving a point to rice that the Feds can build planet detroying devices. I never said that they would want to do so again.

Building a bigger gun just to get more power is not my definition of efficiency

So giant hulking warships with large blindspots in terms of weapons arcs and sensors is more efficient? The danger of failure for any type of nuclear or antimatter reactor can't be understated. Remember though, antimatter can only be held in check with strong magnetic fields, if a virus or power failure shuts those down, antimatter will come into contact with normal matter.

If it produces near-limitless energy...why does the reactor take up two thirds of an entire ISD? A reactor of that efficiency would only be the size of a mid-sized bedroom for a ship 1700m long.

we can bombard a planet??

With nuclear weapons....but I don't think that most nuclear powers would want to anyway.

no they are not,you just assume that!
    a turbolaser can desimtegrate the target at a molecular scale
    because it is a energy-plasma weapon,with many megatons per shot!

As everyone keeps asking, show proof of those numbers and then we'll listen.

oh really? last time i checked about phasers,all i found was how they were use,stupid history and nothing technical!
    finally we agree!
    or not...how many time do i have to repeat myself:
    THE DEATH STAR IS A FUNKING TECHNOLOGICAL MASTERPIECE!

The technical schematics are explained in the ST tech manuels. Although they are not canon by policy, we assume that such info is correct until otherwise stated in true canon as so far they have been accurate in most areas.
    HAHAHA,you obviously don't know!

let me clear this for you:the the exhaust port is shielded.
    and the DS dose not need to came out of hyperspace AT THE EDGE OF THE
    SYSTEM,it,like any other SW thing equipped with hyperdrive,can come out
    just half the distance between the moon and Earth.and then BOOM!
    By by!
    Where did they say that it was shielded?
    You must find a safe route to use a hyperdrive anywhere in the Milky Way. Did the Empire magically gain hyperspace charts for that? If not, that DS is just a large immoble station stuck in your own territory.

as always,you trekkie nerds don't even bother read my other posts.
    i said many times that i am 16,17 in April! i never hided it!

Sorry, but I had better things to do than go back and read through dozens of posts that have no evidence to back their claims

we can bombard a planet??

Sure can - can't destroy one yet, but we can BDZ one no problem... our current nuclear arsenal would wipe all sentient life off of Earth no exceptions.

no they are not,you just assume that!
    a turbolaser can desimtegrate the target at a molecular scale
    because it is a energy-plasma weapon,with many megatons per shot!

If it's a plasma based weapon, then it suffers from relativistic issues and thus has to be a decidedly sublight weapon, meaning against ships in warp, it is useless... you sure you want to claim plasma based? And I have NEVER seen any evidence that a TL works at the molecular scale... in fact, there is plenty of evidence to the contrary, especially when you consider how glancing blows affected ships and asteroids...

oh really? last time i checked about phasers,all i found was how they were use,stupid history and nothing technical!

Pretty much anyone who has watched Star Trek and not simply read a wiki or summary would know the way PHASERs work.

PHASER standed for PHASed Energy Rectification weapon system. A quick and dirty explanation (with the episode this information is learned) here:

Hand phasers work by applying the principle of rapid nadion effect. A rapid nadion pulse is a burst of subatomic nadion particles that facilitate a release of energy from the emitter crystal in a phaser ([TNG: The Mind's Eye]). Rapid nadions are short-lived subatomic particles possessing special properties related to high-speed interactions within atomic nuclei. Among these properties is the ability to liberate and transfer strong nuclear forces

finally we agree!
    or not...how many time do i have to repeat myself:
    THE DEATH STAR IS A FUNKING TECHNOLOGICAL MASTERPIECE!

No, not really. It's huge, takes exhaustive amounts of resourced to build, requires more crew than the Empire can probably train (considering a well-trained ISD crew is apparently hard to find) and was blown up by a single snub-fighter with a pilot who's "training" consisted of blowing up small animals in an antiquated speeder... wtf? No, a real technological masterpiece would be something like the Doomsday Device, Dyson Sphere, Quantum Slipstream Drive, Sun Crusher, or even the Shadow Bomb (Young Jedi Knights) - they aren't HUGE or terribly scary, but they're damned effective.

HAHAHA,you obviously don't know!
    let me clear this for you:the the exhaust port is shielded.
    and the DS dose not need to came out of hyperspace AT THE EDGE OF THE
    SYSTEM,it,like any other SW thing equipped with hyperdrive,can come out
    just half the distance between the moon and Earth.and then BOOM!
    By by!
    A couple problems with your last retort:

1) If the exhaust port is shielded, why did Lukes Proton Torpedo go thru the shielding?

2) Trans-phasic torpedoes can bypass shielding by phasing partially out of this dimension... you can't block them except with multi-dimensional shielding

3) Assuming Trans-Phasic torps don't work the way I expect them to, Chroniton Torpedos would (they fucking TIME SHIFT to bypass your shields and armor... how would you defeat that) - See Star Trek: Voyager and the Kremlin Timeship episodes

4) If it CAN hyperspace right up to it's target, why didn't it the FIRST time... it had to slowboat it around to the rebel base...

5) I give the DS1 a one in fifty thousand chance of making it past the SOL system defenses, including Jupiter Station, Mars Station, and Earth Spacedock.

well,Alderaan blowing up!

Did they blow it up via raw firepower (which, technically, wouldn't work from a physics point of view) or some other method, such as explosive vaporization of the core resulting in rapid, explosive expansion of the materials inside as they flash to a gas and *pop* the planet open. Just saying... prove they used THAT MUCH raw energy to accomplish this.

as i said time and time again,the death star was huge because it
    needed to travel across the galaxy,destroy a planet (many with planetary shields)recharge in less than day,then star over again!

In that case, I'd rather take a Borg Cube and a Transwarp Drive - show up at the planet, become immune to their defenses, assimilate the planet, move on to the next planet, and in the mean time a full planet is now yours, complete with all it's resources and structure...

yes,it is nothing special,especial for the star wars galaxy.
    they had thousands of recorded planetary destruction,it was quite common!
    And in Star Trek, planetary destruction was AVERTED thousands of times... in one instance, they moved a MOON back to ORBIT with a single ship... granted, they didn't complete the task (thanks to Q's interference) but had he not been there they would have. A moon... a single Galaxy Class starship moved a MOON... come ON now, think about that. Think of the size comparison there. It'd be like using the engines on an X-Wing to push the Death Star around...

To disprove this point, just look at today's military. We're moving away from 16 inch main guns on our cruisers in favor of smaller, and more accurate, weapons that have multiple-purpose warheads... more power, more accuracy, more range, higher rate of fire, smaller gun. Obviously, bigger =/= better

Huh buh LOL?!?!?! A Warp Core breach is actually VERY rare in Star Trek - the problem is, the Enterprise encounted hundreds, if not THOUSANDS of anomalies and spatial phenomenon that were never encountered before.

Uhm... I'll take the General Electric Class 8 M/ARA Anti-Matter Reactor please. For one, it isn't the size of my house... so my ship doesnt' have to be the size of a small moon to generate any reasonable output.

And better still - the Romulans use small BLACK HOLES to power their starships... if you honestly think you can draw more power from ANYTHING else, then you have to seriously reconsider having an interest in the theoretical sciences.

OH my god... hypermatter is so stupid it isn't even funny...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hypermatter

The hypermatter annihilation cores were in turn confined by fusion systems.[1]
    So a fusion power system can contain a hypermatter reaction... hate to break it to ya, but matter/antimatter reaction is the MOST EFFICIENT and most energetic FUSION power system you can possibly build... by the LAWS OF FUCKIN PHYSICS!

Hypermatter instability was a great risk to any process using it, as shown when the Imperial II-class Star Destroyer Battle Lance was vaporized along with its crew, when the improved, prototype hypermatter reactor it was carrying malfunctioned.[3]
    Hm... an entire ship vaporized by a malfunction in it's core... at least in Trek we can eject the damndable thing...

hypermatter still required massive amounts of reactant fuel to power the great starships of the spacelanes. For example, at peak power, the Venator-class Star Destroyer's main reactor annihilated the equivalent of 40,000 tons of matter each second. Even small starfighters required significant fuel supplies—the Utapaun P-38 starfighter consumed 6.2 kilograms of hypermatter each second at full power.[2] Hypermatter was also found in the hyperdrive rings used by some Clone Wars era starfighters.[1][2]
    Ah, so THAT is the REAL REASON your ships are so large! You need MASSIVE amounts of storage space! Good to know - we'll just use a narrow-beam phaser to drill into one of your containment pods and *poof*

Don't forget the Vong, they are very powerful, they would have won the damn war if it wasn't for the living planet ( forgot what it is called ), they have the tech to do intergalactic travel and other awesome tech. If the Empire, Chiss, the Vong, dark side force users, and Mandalorians combined, they will rule. The Mandalorians wiped out a fairly advanced sentient species back in the days of the Mandalorian Empire ( a few thousand years before Battle of Yavin ) just to prove they could and they trashed countless other worlds. The reactors aren't the reason for the large ship size, they are actually pretty small, its called compacting. The reason is ammunition, troops, gunships, fighters, shuttles, and such. I know hypermatter doesn't make sense, but that's the way it is. Problem, the reactor is in the middle of the ship, so yeah, good luck penetrating it. The movies doesn't have much material, so we have to rely on EU.

I know, but I was proving a point to rice that the Feds can build planet detroying devices. I never said that they would want to do so again.
    no no don't get me wrong! I KNOW what point you were trying to make. I was just thinking out loud ...as I usually do when I see a good idea
    Of course red matter is a very interesting idea to say the least.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    It amazes me how completely biased and uneducated you are... you're... god, I can't believe I'm going to say this... you're WORSE than TWScott... he at least attempted to fabricate evidence... you don't even do that!
    Could you could you not do this? Because I have to manually separate the quotes.

Did I say they used raw power to do it? No, idiot. As I said multiple times, raw power means NOTHING. Star Trek has found far more EFFECTIVE ways to harness energy, and as such Star Wars has zero defense against it...
    GOOD LOGIC! So when they have to go fight in ship-to-ship combat, what are they going to do?
    Riker: Fire torpedoes
    Worf: The Photon Torpedoes didn't pierce the shielding-
    Worf: Captain, the enemy vessel is firing 200,000 megatons!
    *Enterprises demise*

Except the fact that Star Trek could easily disable the Sun Crusher - how you ask? Simple - transport the pilot out, jam all it's systems to hell with Electronic Warfare, hit it with anti-matter bursts, destroy it's weapons the moment it launches them, etc.
    Even though almost everything in Star Wars is covered by [url=http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Neutronium]neutronium? There transporters wouldn't do shit against it, and it would destroy their so called capital ships with Tie-Fighter guns or just ram through them. EASY WIN.

And in 25,000 years, almost ZERO advancements have been made
    WOW! This is all you can come up with? WRONG! You, dumbass supreme, can't figure out how to click on that link, or you can't read, or both! The Death Star's firepower is 1E38Joules! Guess how much power it takes to be type 3? Less than the Death Stars output.

And considering there are more ships in the GE than there are turbos on the Death Star, I suppose he was referring to its main weapon. Not to mention they use something 300,000 times stronger than steel.

a Ph.D in bullshit maybe, because his calculations are so wrong it's not even funny... I may not have any advanced degrees (yet) but I don't need them to see the flaws in his math.

And the Xeelee and Daleks aren't even a concern
    No dumbass! It would mean he would have a concept of how well advanced a 25,000 year old empire would be (no more questions from you butthurt fanboy Trektard), opposed to an idiot who assumes the empire that has lasted for a few hundred years will beat a 25,000 year old empire.

What? Are you suggesting the Federation can beat them, or that you don't give a shit? Considering threads with Trektards as stupid as you suggest they can beat both...

It would most likely bypass the shields completely as Star Wars has never encountered a Nadion based weapon (Phasers work on the nadion particle) and thus, logically, have zero defense against them.
    So? These phasers would just popping tiny holes in a Borg Cube, which have HOLES coming out of them, QUITE LAUGHABLE

Here is the canon system for Star Wars...

Star Wars canon

There are four main levels of canon within the Star Wars universe, which work together to create what is known as the overall continuity of the Star Wars universe. Material outside the films is referred to as the Expanded Universe, or EU for short.

G-Canon
    This consists of the six Star Wars films, and adaptations of them such as novelizations and comics. Nothing is permitted to contradict these in any way, at least not while remaining in the overall continuity.
    C-Canon
    The vast majority of Star Wars material, such as novels, short story collections, comics and selected video games. C-Canon material cannot contradict G-Canon material, but it is quite possible for the reverse to happen. In practice though, this is not likely to happen in the future, unless the proposed Star Wars TV series is designated G-Canon. The Incredible Cross-Sections book series (which helped spark the current iteration of the continuity debate) falls into this category.
    S-Canon
    Usually made up of older or less serious material. S-Canon material still counts in the overall continuity, so long as it is not contradicted by anything at the G or C levels.
    N-Canon
    Material in this category is not part of the Star Wars continuity, either because it has been contradicted by the films, or because it was meant to take place in an alternate timeline, for instance. There's some debate about whether the original, pre-Special Edition films belong here; some say that Lucasfilm has decanonized the originals by withdrawing them from distribution (though they've since made them available on DVD again). On the other hand, there are also those who argue that both are equally valid versions, or even that the Special Editions are in fact the N-Canon versions, as they are obviously edited versions of the originals.
    Oh really?

Funny, you don't see it, let me make it clear to everyone too!

* G-canon is George Lucas Canon; the six Episodes and anything directly provided to Lucas Licensing by Lucas (including unpublished production notes from him or his production department that are never seen by the public). Elements originating with Lucas in the movie novelizations, reference books, and other sources are also G-canon, though anything created by the authors of those sources is C-canon. When the matter of changes between movie versions arises, the most recently released editions are deemed superior to older ones, as they correct mistakes, improve consistency between the two trilogies, and express Lucas's current vision of the Star Wars universe most closely. The deleted scenes included on the DVDs are also considered G-canon (when they're not in conflict with the movie).[1]

* T-canon[2], or Television Canon[3], refers to the canon level comprising the feature film Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the two television shows Star Wars: The Clone Wars and the Star Wars live-action TV series.[4][5] It was devised recently in order to define a status above the C-Level canon, as confirmed by Chee[6].

* C-canon is Continuity Canon, consisting of all recent works (and many older works) released under the name of Star Wars: books, comics, games, cartoons, non-theatrical films, and more. Games are a special case, as generally only the stories are C-canon, while things like stats and gameplay may not be;[7] they also offer non-canonical options to the player, such as choosing female gender for a canonically male character. C-canon elements have been known to appear in the movies, thus making them G-canon; examples include the name "Coruscant," swoop bikes, Quinlan Vos, Aayla Secura, YT-2400 freighters and Action VI transports.

* S-canon is Secondary Canon; the materials are available to be used or ignored as needed by current authors. This includes mostly older works, such as much of the Marvel Star Wars comics, that predate a consistent effort to maintain continuity; it also contains certain elements of a few otherwise N-canon stories, and other things that "may not fit just right." Many formerly S-canon elements have been elevated to C-canon through their inclusion in more recent works by continuity-minded authors, while many other older works (such as The Han Solo Adventures) were accounted for in continuity from the start despite their age, and thus were always C-canon.

* N is Non-Canon. What-if stories (such as stories published under the Infinities label) and anything else directly and irreconcilably contradicted by higher canon ends up here. N is the only level that is not considered canon by Lucasfilm. Information cut from canon, deleted scenes, or from canceled Star Wars works falls into this category as well, unless another canonical work references it and it is declared canon.
    So it is NO WHERE to be found, you lying sack of shit!

If you are talking about the one where the small ship was going to blow up a star I point you to the SW figther size ship the Sun Crusher which can do the samething.

The Sun Crusher was made of Star Wars style Neutronium if I remember... the same stuff Han Solo was able to pick up and crush to a powder between his fingers. Because it shares the same name, some "rabid warsies" like Ricery here like to think it would be immune to Trek weapons the same way the Doomsday Device was... thing is, Trek neutronium only forms inside a Neutron Star... not on a moon that a human being is able to stand up on, much less as a substance you could pick up (one teaspoon would weigh hundreds of tons if I remember right)
    No, as I recall it was something called Quantum Crystalen Armor that could survive being at the core of a gas giant for months (may be wrong on the amount of time, been sometime since I’ve read the books) and was completely intact when a Force user summoned it from the center. And of course the fact it easily had to have taken Teratons even in a glancing hit from a prototype Death Star super laser blast.

Also, the DS 2 as I recall was suppose to have many millions of millimeter width exhaust ports once it was completed. That is the main reason why the rebels brought in their entire fleet, if the Second Death Star had been completed it would have been unstoppable.

If it produces near-limitless energy...why does the reactor take up two thirds of an entire ISD? A reactor of that efficiency would only be the size of a mid-sized bedroom for a ship 1700m long.
    And why would it have to be the size of a bedroom? It all depends on how the creator wants it to be.

A couple problems with your last retort:

1) If the exhaust port is shielded, why did Lukes Proton Torpedo go thru the shielding?
    It was only shielded against laser/plasma based attacks, not torpedoes. We know SW has two types of shields and the DS could only have one used on the exhaust port.

4) If it CAN hyperspace right up to it's target, why didn't it the FIRST time... it had to slowboat it around to the rebel base...
    It came out on the other side of the gas giant from the moon so had to travel around to get a clear shot.

5) I give the DS1 a one in fifty thousand chance of making it past the SOL system defenses, including Jupiter Station, Mars Station, and Earth Spacedock.
    No, unless it didn't have a clear hyperspace route to follow it could pop out of hyperspace 6 planetary diameters away from Earth and blow it up before anything could try and destroy it.

Uhm... I'll take the General Electric Class 8 M/ARA Anti-Matter Reactor please. For one, it isn't the size of my house... so my ship doesnt' have to be the size of a small moon to generate any reasonable output.
    They don't need a small moon unless they want the weekly output of several stars which would be beyond all but a very few weapons in ST I believe.

And better still - the Romulans use small BLACK HOLES to power their starships... if you honestly think you can draw more power from ANYTHING else, then you have to seriously reconsider having an interest in the theoretical sciences.
    It doens't matter if it is a black hole or something else because in Sci-fi you can make up any sort of reactor and give it whatever output you want.

[QUOTE]
    OH my god... hypermatter is so stupid it isn't even funny...

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hypermatter

So a fusion power system can contain a hypermatter reaction... hate to break it to ya, but matter/antimatter reaction is the MOST EFFICIENT and most energetic FUSION power system you can possibly build... by the LAWS OF FUCKIN PHYSICS!
    Tell that to the UNSC and their D-D fusion reactors that allow them Gigaton-Teraton range firepower and the Covenant pre recton to anti-matter.

The laws of physics get thrown out if something in a Sci-fi universe shows feats that should be impossible with what they have if done consistently in the work.

Hm... an entire ship vaporized by a malfunction in it's core... at least in Trek we can eject the damndable thing...
    It was an improved prototype that explode with a nano-second, they didn't have a chance to eject it before being destroyed.

Also:
    During the late years of the Galactic Republic, research into utilizing hypermatter for needs other than starship powering was ramped up considerably. A grant from Republic Sienar Systems was given to the Republic Ministry of Science allowing them to continue research into hypermatter for planetary power, deep space mining, and other civilian uses.[4] Some of this research was later used to refine the plans for Sienar's Expeditionary Battle Planetoid, which evolved into the Death Star project.[3]
    They were researching civilian use of it during the Clone Wars. Clearly normal hypermatter reactors must therefore be far more stable since the event you mention has only ever happend once.

Ah, so THAT is the REAL REASON your ships are so large! You need MASSIVE amounts of storage space! Good to know - we'll just use a narrow-beam phaser to drill into one of your containment pods and *poof*
    I think there is some technobabble explanation about complexe matter and something that allows it to take up far less space then that much matter would normaly take.

Did they blow it up via raw firepower (which, technically, wouldn't work from a physics point of view) or some other method, such as explosive vaporization of the core resulting in rapid, explosive expansion of the materials inside as they flash to a gas and *pop* the planet open. Just saying... prove they used THAT MUCH raw energy to accomplish this.
    Mostly raw firepower per the Death Star novel with this quote for a full power blast of the “weekly output of several main sequence stars” which would fit well with the DS blast. It should be noted though that the blast appears to hit the planet so hard most of it is shifted into hyperspace. Still a damn impressive reactor either way.

The link to the video I promised: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGMvadAFqLQ

Around 6:11 and 6:15 in the upper left corner. Afraid I have a slow connection right now so may be slightly wrong on remembering the time it happened at, but it was around that time.