View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

    227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

    285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

    51 7.61%
  • Farscape

    14 2.09%
  • Dune

    54 8.06%
  • Stargate

    39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

  1. #17641
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Then you're more deluded than I thought.

    What challenge? To meet you? Stupid challenge, if you can't explain yourself in a post when you have all the time in the world (and the whole internet to link to) how are you going to do it any better in person?.

    Wrong again: your statement was "beyond human logic", not that it was illogical to me.

    So how would you do it?

    It was a snide comment on your incorrect assumption that it would cost me dollars... I don't use dollars, I never have used them. They wouldn't be accepted in the shops. In other words YOU failed again.


    And you're the chief perpetrator.
    1)Why am I deluded? Because I don't conform to what science references (yes references, not 'proves') I don't think like an atheist, I absorb everything I can, unlike you.
    2) stupid challenge really? Then you are more of a coward than I thought
    3) yeah, smartass. They key word being HUMAN [logic].
    4)How? You obvious only listen to yourself. I said I can show you inperson. Why speak when you can show? Stop making me repeat myself.
    5)Snide comment?! please mf. All you anglophones take everything personally as if the world revolves around you. You react without thinking. Your loss. My condolences.
    6) why? because I won't yield to your narrow mindedness? please mf.

  2. #17642
    Bleed White and Blue! Shogun's Avatar
    Posts
    7,635
    Humans all have strengths and weaknesses, its the way it is get used to it. Also to humans, human logic = absolute logic. Everyone like to see the best in themselves, only the enlightened can see the weaknesses in themselves.

  3. #17643
    Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
    Humans all have strengths and weaknesses, its the way it is get used to it. Also to humans, human logic = absolute logic. Everyone like to see the best in themselves, only the enlightened can see the weaknesses in themselves.
    believeme, my friend, The past few years I've learned to be a conscious observer, and I have found many weaknesses in my self.

    so that being said....what the hell were we talking about before the others blew everything out of porportion???????
    OH YEAH! ummm, it was about nanoprobes disabling Vaders artificial limbs!

  4. #17644
    Bleed White and Blue! Shogun's Avatar
    Posts
    7,635
    He got super tough leather-like armor on him, and he won't even let the borg go near him. He would just use the force and his lightsaber ( plus his troops ) to keep them at bay or kill them all.

  5. #17645
    Penguinaciously duckalicious. Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Posts
    16,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    1)Why am I deluded? Because I don't conform to what science references (yes references, not 'proves') I don't think like an atheist, I absorb everything I can, unlike you.
    You're deluded because you claim not to be human. Atheism is nothing to do with it.

    2) stupid challenge really? Then you are more of a coward than I thought
    Nope, you're an idiot. Why should I spend any money when you can't even make a start on defending your point? Again: what would you do in person that you can't do here?

    3) yeah, smartass. They key word being HUMAN [logic].
    So you're admitting you're wrong on that one?

    4)How? You obvious only listen to yourself. I said I can show you inperson. Why speak when you can show? Stop making me repeat myself.
    You keep saying that: how would you show me?

    5)Snide comment?! please mf. All you anglophones take everything personally as if the world revolves around you. You react without thinking. Your loss. My condolences.
    The snide comment was mine. Learn to read.

    6) why? because I won't yield to your narrow mindedness? please mf.
    Nope, it's because you're a deluded idiot.

    I note also that you don't have the decency or grace to acknowledge that you were shown to be wrong about belief (and using your own reference at that). Is this how you normally debate?
    I'll ask again: are you blind or dishonest? At the moment dishonesty seems to be the answer. Maybe it's an integral factor of your delusion.

  6. #17646
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    1)Why am I deluded? Because I don't conform to what science references (yes references, not 'proves') I don't think like an atheist, I absorb everything I can, unlike you.
    you'll beliefs system is the exact opposite!
    2) stupid challenge really? Then you are more of a coward than I thought
    3) yeah, smartass. They key word being HUMAN [logic].
    logic requires PROF!
    4)How? You obvious only listen to yourself. I said I can show you inperson. Why speak when you can show? Stop making me repeat myself.
    EXACTLY!SHOW US YOU ARE RIGHT,something else than you'll belief
    !
    5)Snide comment?! please mf. All you anglophones take everything personally as if the world revolves around you. You react without thinking. Your loss. My condolences.
    6) why? because I won't yield to your narrow mindedness? please mf.
    the only narrow mind here is you,who fails to understand that logic is based on science,and science on empirical evidence!

  7. #17647
    Bleed White and Blue! Shogun's Avatar
    Posts
    7,635
    If you are christian, then you don't think of yourself anything other than human. Atheists aren't the only people that think they are human, and religious people don't think they are beyond human either. Saying you're beyond human doesn't mean you are religious, if means you are overly arrogant.

  8. #17648
    Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
    If you are christian, then you don't think of yourself anything other than human. Atheists aren't the only people that think they are human, and religious people don't think they are beyond human either. Saying you're beyond human doesn't mean you are religious, if means you are overly arrogant.
    no. If you are christian you DO think of course self as not ONLY being human. read the Apocryphal Gospels.
    Saying you are beyond human acknowledges the fact you are not only this body you call a tool. It goes hand in hand with the fact that we are souls.

  9. #17649
    Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
    He got super tough leather-like armor on him, and he won't even let the borg go near him. He would just use the force and his lightsaber ( plus his troops ) to keep them at bay or kill them all.
    well it's a containment unit. Well if he uses a lightsaber the Borg will be able to adapt. The only thing he can do is just push them away with his Force abilities You know it's situations like these when I wish this thread included the Replicators from Stargate they'd be able to get close to Vader

  10. #17650
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    no. If you are christian you DO think of course self as not ONLY being human. read the Apocryphal Gospels.
    Saying you are beyond human acknowledges the fact you are not only this body you call a tool. It goes hand in hand with the fact that we are souls.
    wrong again!i might be an atheist,but i have recently left religion,and i know
    that in all religions, humans are nothing more than humans!

  11. #17651
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    You're deluded because you claim not to be human. Atheism is nothing to do with it.


    So you're admitting you're wrong on that one?


    You keep saying that: how would you show me?

    I note also that you don't have the decency or grace to acknowledge that you were shown to be wrong about belief (and using your own reference at that). Is this how you normally debate?
    I'll ask again: are you blind or dishonest? At the moment dishonesty seems to be the answer. Maybe it's an integral factor of your delusion.
    1) Well you are deluded because you think you are better than the rest of the enlightened people on this planet by thinking that the only thing that matters is science
    2) I'm not admitting I'm wrong. it has nothing to do with being wrong or right!
    3) Why do insist on going around in circles??? You keep insisting on on explanations when you aren't willing to learn. So %*&^you. Your stupidity is starting to piss me off.
    4)How was I wrong??? Really?? I am decent but your arrogance of pretending to know that you can prove everything is getting in the way of me trying to be decent with your narrow minded ass. if anything you are the one who is deluded thinking that you are right. I, however, never said "i'm right you are wrong". But since you insist on acting like a 6 year old who doesn't like to learn when possibilties are presented to him, I clean my hand of you.
    Last edited by Apocalypse2001; 03-10-10 at 04:51 PM. Reason: spelling

  12. #17652
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    well it's a containment unit. Well if he uses a lightsaber the Borg will be able to adapt. The only thing he can do is just push them away with his Force abilities You know it's situations like these when I wish this thread included the Replicators from Stargate they'd be able to get close to Vader
    the lightsaber is impossible to adapt; it dose not use frequencies!
    Borg adapt to frequencies,and a lightsaber has been know to cut through blast
    doors with shields.
    and as for the replicators,trek would have no better chance than any other
    universe,they are unstoppable!
    and don't bring up an argument about how they will build a version of the dakara super weapon,cuz it would be impossible to kill all of them!
    if you kill some of them,the others would adapt!
    they would eat every piece of technology,including delicious Cookie-Borg ,
    and it would be end of story!

  13. #17653
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    1) Well you are deluded because you think you are God and that the only thing that matters is science
    2) I'm not admitting I'm wrong. it has nothing to do with being wrong or right!
    3) Why do insist on going around in circles??? You keep insisting on on explanations when you aren't willing to learn. So %*&^you. Your stupidity is starting to piss me off.
    how the fuck are we going to learn if all you do is tell us what you belive?
    4)How was I wrong??? Really?? I am decent but your arrogance of pretending to know that you can prove everything is getting in the way of me trying to be decent with your narrow minded ass. if anything you are the one who is deluded thinking that you are right. I, however, never said "i'm wrong you are wrong". But since you insist on acting like a 6 year old who doesn't like to learn when possibilties are presented to him, I clean my hand of you.
    PRESENT EVIDENCE,THEN WE WILL BELIEVE YOU!

  14. #17654
    Quote Originally Posted by George1 View Post
    the lightsaber is impossible to adapt; it dose not use frequencies!
    Borg adapt to frequencies,and a lightsaber has been know to cut through blast
    doors with shields.
    and as for the replicators,trek would have no better chance than any other
    universe,they are unstoppable!
    and don't bring up an argument about how they will build a version of the dakara super weapon,cuz it would be impossible to kill all of them!
    if you kill some of them,the others would adapt!
    they would eat every piece of technology,including delicious Cookie-Borg ,
    and it would be end of story!
    yes. Exactly they ARE unstoppable.

    well you just proved part of my point! The Borg do the same thing. Because they are all linked they will learn more from the death of the others.

  15. #17655
    Quote Originally Posted by George1 View Post
    how the fuck are we going to learn if all you do is tell us what you belive?

    PRESENT EVIDENCE,THEN WE WILL BELIEVE YOU!
    I never told you what to believe. I presented ideas to you, but you are unwilling to process the information. Procesing is not the same as accepting. Like I said: accept (without limitations), process, and file away. That's what a good person does.

  16. #17656
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    yes. Exactly they ARE unstoppable.

    well you just proved part of my point! The Borg do the same thing. Because they are all linked they will learn more from the death of the others.
    the borg don't do the same,they are inferior!

  17. #17657
    Penguinaciously duckalicious. Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Posts
    16,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    1) Well you are deluded because you think you are God and that the only thing that matters is science
    More assumptions on your part...

    2) I'm not admitting I'm wrong. it has nothing to do with being wrong or right!
    Nothing to do with wrong or right? You post nonsense and that's your get-out?

    3) Why do insist on going around in circles??? You keep insisting on on explanations when you aren't willing to learn. So %*&^you.
    So you don't actually have anything?

    4)How was I wrong???
    How about this:
    3)a. Belief DOES mean you are unsure. Go read the Living Webster Ecyclopedic Dictionary of the English Language.
    Post 17621
    belief may or may not imply certitude in the believer
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/belief
    I.e. the source YOU asked me to look up specifically states that belief can mean you are sure.
    In other words you were wrong.

    I am decent but your arrogance of pretending to know that you can prove everything is getting in the way of me trying to be decent with your narrow minded ass.
    So being "decent" means ignoring a direct refutation, or claiming that it somehow doesn't refute your point?
    And my "arrogance" is using a source you specified which shows you were wrong?

    But since you insist on acting like a 6 year old who doesn't like to learn when possibilties are presented to him, I clean my hand of you.
    Isn't it six year olds that put their hands over their ears and start screaming "I can't hear you" when someone points out their errors?
    Quite...

    And for your information you haven't presented "possibilities", merely unsubstantiated belief and arrant nonsense, coupled with false (and shown to be false) claims.
    Last edited by Dywyddyr; 03-10-10 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Link added to erroneous post.

  18. #17658
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    I never told you what to believe. I presented ideas to you, but you are unwilling to process the information. Procesing is not the same as accepting. Like I said: accept (without limitations), process, and file away. That's what a good person does.
    WELL GIVE SOME EVIDENCE FOR ME TO BOTHER PROCESSING IT!!

    i don't care what you'll personal theories are,as long as you can't back them up!
    do you understand me?I RALLY am getting tired of this!

  19. #17659
    Quote Originally Posted by George1 View Post
    WELL GIVE SOME EVIDENCE FOR ME TO BOTHER PROCESSING IT!!

    i don't care what you'll personal theories are,as long as you can't back them up!
    do you understand me?I RALLY am getting tired of this!
    what evidence?! Processing something is just that. if you say you need proof of something without processing it then you will never learn MORE!

  20. #17660
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    Nothing to do with wrong or right? You post nonsense and that's your get-out?

    How about this:

    Post 17621

    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/belief
    I.e. the source YOU asked me to look up specifically states that belief can mean you are sure.
    In other words you were wrong.

    So being "decent" means ignoring a direct refutation, or claiming that it somehow doesn't refute your point?
    And my "arrogance" is using a source you specified which shows you were wrong?

    And for your information you haven't presented "possibilities", merely unsubstantiated belief and arrant nonsense, coupled with false (and shown to be false) claims.
    Are you puposefully being demented?? or do you like to goad people so you can deter attention away from your bullshit?

    I didn't ignore anything! If someone keeps talking and talking without understanding the angles of the ideas presented to him, then I am at the end of my rope with that person! Nuff said.
    yes I have presented possibilties. And you still haven't answered one of my questions. But that's alright. I guess it's too deep for your scientific ass.
    Last edited by Apocalypse2001; 03-10-10 at 05:09 PM. Reason: spelling

Similar Threads

  1. By Fettman in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 10-18-11, 02:02 PM
    Replies: 33
  2. By USS Athens in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-16-10, 04:47 PM
    Replies: 291
  3. By superstring01 in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-11-10, 01:57 PM
    Replies: 60
  4. By Orleander in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 07-11-09, 08:33 PM
    Replies: 27
  5. By Asguard in forum Computer Science & Culture
    Last Post: 09-13-08, 02:15 AM
    Replies: 0

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •