View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

    227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

    285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

    51 7.61%
  • Farscape

    14 2.09%
  • Dune

    54 8.06%
  • Stargate

    39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

  1. #17621
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    No we don't. We are human, therefore we think in human ways.

    In other words you're waffling...


    1) Belief does NOT imply that you are unsure.
    2) By stating that you're not completely sure doesn't that mean that there's an element of uncertainty? I.e. "unsureness"? In other words you made a statement and then directly refuted it in the following sentence. Way to go.


    By making nonsensical claims.


    Oops, wrong: YOU made the initial claim (that time doesn't exist), so it's up to you to prove your claim.


    If it's beyong human logic then, by defintion, it's beyond you too. In other words you're making MORE nonsensical claims.


    You mean you can't back up your ridiculous claim? Thought so...

    Try reading through some threads in Pseudoscience, every now and again we get crackpots that make the same claim (time doesn't exist). Like you not one of them has offered anything even close to a viable rationale for such an unsubstantiated belief.
    1) oh really? And what, all mighty atheist guru, IS "human ways" ? mmm?
    2) I'm not waffling. just because you can't completely explain it in words does NOT mean I'm waffling!! you're being rediculous now
    3)a. Belief DOES mean you are unsure. Go read the Living Webster Ecyclopedic Dictionary of the English Language. Or else I have to call your bullshit.
    3)b. No. I meant 'completely understand'. But since you mentioned it, how can YOU be arrogant thinking that you understand everything as long as there is prove. Don't ytou realize how that reeks of hubris?!
    4) They are not nonsensical. They only seem nonsensical because we are only using words at the moment.
    6) Just because it's beyond human logic doesn't mean you cannot demonstrate the ideas. And I don't mean just with words.
    7) Of course I can back it up. Lets meet in person and will discuss it at greater speed! But oops oh wait, you're not willing to spend thousands of dollars(?) to try
    8)I'm not being a crack pot. Time is a human construct. Period. End of story.

  2. #17622
    dude what r you talking about who said no no no and if you only know a portion of what your saying then don't say it!!

  3. #17623
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    Yeah but you are very young AND atheist. And you are not willing to accept or even understand anything else besides simple science -- which is limited.
    you will fiend me very open minded,but i won't go on something simply because you say it!PROVE IT!
    The measurments are only approximations.
    if we were to just give up the time concept,all of our society would collapse!We do have accurate measurement,just research before you think!
    The very fact that you think that what I am saying is an insult, shows that you are not willing to enlighten yourself!
    i am willing, but not by this method!

  4. #17624
    Quote Originally Posted by George1 View Post
    that's what you thunk, but it dose not make it true!

    no one said NO NO NO, al we said is that you need prof for it!WHERE IS IT?
    Now you are not making any sense. Read what I wrote, and HOW I wrote it, instead of putting words in my mouth.
    But really, what IS proof? can you prove that you exist?! no. So why are we even perpetuating this discussion?
    Lets get back to ST/SW........

  5. #17625
    we exist because we are here talking aren't we and we think which proves that we exist!!

  6. #17626
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    Now you are not making any sense. Read what I wrote, and HOW I wrote it, instead of putting words in my mouth.
    But really, what IS proof? can you prove that you exist?! no. So why are we even perpetuating this discussion?
    Lets get back to ST/SW........
    well mister smartass,prove YOU exist!
    i exist,and am here!!
    you don't have nothing to back up you'll claims!

  7. #17627
    Quote Originally Posted by George1 View Post
    you will fiend me very open minded,but i won't go on something simply because you say it!PROVE IT!

    if we were to just give up the time concept,all of our society would collapse!We do have accurate measurement,just research before you think!


    i am willing, but not by this method!
    why do you need proof to understand something??

    If we were to give up the idea of "time", we'd be better off!!! We'd rely on simple things. Sun up, sun down. Perfect! Why is that so hard to understand?

    By saying "not by this method" you are NOT willing. The key is this: accept, process, and file away. Without bias, without critisism, without judging it.

  8. #17628
    Quote Originally Posted by George1 View Post
    well mister smartass,prove YOU exist!
    i exist,and am here!!
    you don't have nothing to back up you'll claims!
    the simple fact that you are here is not proof. It's only a reference.

    I don't have anything?!....whatever. Science has nothing to back up it's claims either. They only have reference points. And refernce points alone is not proof. So there.

  9. #17629
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    1) oh really? And what, all mighty atheist guru, IS "human ways" ? mmm?
    well SCIENCE AND PROF!
    2) I'm not waffling. just because you can't completely explain it in words does NOT mean I'm waffling!! you're being rediculous now
    3)a. Belief DOES mean you are unsure. Go read the Living Webster Ecyclopedic Dictionary of the English Language. Or else I have to call your bullshit.
    again,we are not impress by you'll shit!
    [QUOTE]
    3)b. No. I meant 'completely understand'. But since you mentioned it, how can YOU be arrogant thinking that you understand everything as long as there is prove. Don't ytou realize how that reeks of hubris?! [QUOTE]
    science is always improving ans new evidence is discovered!you can't
    simply make up you'll own theories!
    4) They are not nonsensical. They only seem nonsensical because we are only using words at the moment.
    6) Just because it's beyond human logic doesn't mean you cannot demonstrate the ideas. And I don't mean just with words.
    no it doesn't,but it still has to be proven in order to believe in it!
    [
    7) Of course I can back it up. Lets meet in person and will discuss it at greater speed! But oops oh wait, you're not willing to spend thousands of dollars(?) to try
    8)I'm not being a crack pot. Time is a human construct. Period. End of story.
    it's not pride,it's logic!no prof,you can go and believe in it,we won't!

  10. #17630
    dude we have time so that life is easier and hey explain stonehedge created by an unknown human group that tells time. imagane how were they able to build it so that at a certain time a clock is formed huh? it was built thousands of years ago they had stone tools back then man

  11. #17631
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    why do you need proof to understand something??
    because i believe in the scientific method,that has proven it's effectiveness! humans now relay on science,we need it!
    If we were to give up the idea of "time", we'd be better off!!! We'd rely on simple things. Sun up, sun down. Perfect! Why is that so hard to understand?
    oh yeah? you try to drive a car or wake up for school without the notion of time!
    By saying "not by this method" you are NOT willing. The key is this: accept, process, and file away. Without bias, without critisism, without judging it.
    YES i am willing, but you'll method of simply believing will bring no good to humanity! look at religion,it exactly like you'll method!what good had it brought?

  12. #17632
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    I don't have anything?!....whatever. Science has nothing to back up it's claims either. They only have reference points. And refernce points alone is not proof. So there.
    now you just proved you'll ignorance!

  13. #17633
    Quote Originally Posted by razordude View Post
    dude we have time so that life is easier and hey explain stonehedge created by an unknown human group that tells time. imagane how were they able to build it so that at a certain time a clock is formed huh? it was built thousands of years ago they had stone tools back then man
    make another thread about this and send me the link

  14. #17634
    Quote Originally Posted by George1 View Post
    because i believe in the scientific method,that has proven it's effectiveness! humans now relay on science,we need it!
    oh yeah? you try to drive a car or wake up for school without the notion of time!

    YES i am willing, but you'll method of simply believing will bring no good to humanity! look at religion,it exactly like you'll method!what good had it brought?
    you need it?! why? why is science so important that you need it so much like humans need food??

    My method is not simply believing. As long as we limit ourselves humanity will not improve. It's stupid to think that science is the only thing that can improve humanity. Do you understand how crazy and illogical that sounds?! What I'm talking about has nothing to do with religion.
    Last edited by Apocalypse2001; 03-10-10 at 03:38 PM. Reason: spelling

  15. #17635
    Penguinaciously duckalicious. Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Posts
    16,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    1) oh really? And what, all mighty atheist guru
    I see you like to make assumptions.

    IS "human ways" ? mmm?
    So you deny you're human?

    2) I'm not waffling. just because you can't completely explain it in words does NOT mean I'm waffling!! you're being rediculous now
    Nope, I'm being rational. Explain with mathematics then.

    3)a. Belief DOES mean you are unsure. Go read the Living Webster Ecyclopedic Dictionary of the English Language. Or else I have to call your bullshit.
    Main Entry: be·lief
    Pronunciation: \bə-ˈlēf\
    Function: noun
    Etymology: Middle English beleave, probably alteration of Old English gelēafa, from ge-, associative prefix + lēafa; akin to Old English lȳfan — more at believe
    Date: 12th century

    1 : a state or habit of mind in which trust or confidence is placed in some person or thing
    2 : something believed; especially : a tenet or body of tenets held by a group
    3 : conviction of the truth of some statement or the reality of some being or phenomenon especially when based on examination of evidence
    synonyms belief, faith, credence, credit mean assent to the truth of something offered for acceptance. belief may or may not imply certitude in the believer <my belief that I had caught all the errors>. faith almost always implies certitude even where there is no evidence or proof <an unshakable faith in God>. credence suggests intellectual assent without implying anything about grounds for assent <a theory now given credence by scientists>. credit may imply assent on grounds other than direct proof <gave full credit to the statement of a reputable witness>.
    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/belief
    Ah, bullshit indeed...
    Next point?

    3)b. No. I meant 'completely understand'.
    That was reply to what?

    4) They are not nonsensical. They only seem nonsensical because we are only using words at the moment.
    nope, they're nonsensical because they don't make sense. How else are you going to express the concept? Pictures? Mathematics? Music?

    6) Just because it's beyond human logic doesn't mean you cannot demonstrate the ideas. And I don't mean just with words.
    Wrong again: if it's beyond human logic then by definition it can't be understood by a human - of which you are one, therefore YOU can't understand it either.

    7) Of course I can back it up.
    But you still fail to do so, and still make excuses.

    Lets meet in person and will discuss it at greater speed! But oops oh wait, you're not willing to spend thousands of dollars(?) to try
    Assumptions again: what's a dollar? And if we did meet in person how would you show me? Pictures? Words?

    8)I'm not being a crack pot. Time is a human construct. Period. End of story.
    But you have nothing but your (incorrect) belief that that is the case.
    The essence of crackpottery...

  16. #17636
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    you need it?! why? why is science so important that you need it so much like humans need food??

    My method is not simply believing. As long as we limit ourselves humanity will not improve. It's stupid to think that science is the only thing that can improve humanity. Do you understand how crazy and illogical that sounds?! What I'm talking about has nothing to do with religion.
    because i am hungry for knowledge,and science IS the only way i can relay for
    accurate knowledge! i agree that science may not be the only way,but so far
    it is the only way we have to discover the other ways!
    for the next few centuries ,it will be our only way!
    if there is another way,it is to advance for us right now!

  17. #17637
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    So you deny you're human?

    Nope, I'm being rational. Explain with mathematics then.

    http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/belief
    Ah, bullshit indeed...
    Next point?

    nope, they're nonsensical because they don't make sense. How else are you going to express the concept? Pictures? Mathematics? Music?

    Wrong again: if it's beyond human logic then by definition it can't be understood by a human - of which you are one, therefore YOU can't understand it either.

    But you still fail to do so, and still make excuses.

    Assumptions again: what's a dollar? And if we did meet in person how would you show me? Pictures? Words?
    1) yes I deny that I am human. Why is that so crazy??? This body is nothing more than a mechanical means to function on this plane of existence
    2) The very fact that you avoid a challenge shows your weakness
    3) Waht bullshit?? You just pasted what I already told you! you need bifocals dude
    4) You say they don't make sense because you can't see past your own nose. I would show you using the space around you, among other things. Do you have a few years?
    5) if it's beyond what humans consider logic than I'm correct. Just because it seem illogical to YOU does not make it untrue.
    6) No i don't just because I'm only using words at the moment doesn't mean I will fail in person.
    7)what?!?!?!?!!? You have the audacity to say I am not making sense and that I'm a crackpot and you don't even know what a dollar is?!?!?
    Crawl back into your hole from wence you came. God damn, stupidty is rampant......

  18. #17638
    can we all please make a new thread. Because all of you have blown what I said waaaaay out of porpotion; and continue with the actual topic of the thread.
    Last edited by Apocalypse2001; 03-10-10 at 03:51 PM. Reason: spelling

  19. #17639
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    1) yes I deny that I am human. Why is that so crazy??? This body is nothing more than a mechanical means to function on this plane of existence
    2) The very fact that you avoid a challenge shows your weakness
    3) Waht bullshit?? You just pasted what I already told you! you need bifocals dude
    4) You say they don't make sense because you can't see past your own nose. I would show you using the space around you, among other things. Do you have a few years?
    5) if it's beyond what humans consider logic than I'm correct. Just because it seem illogical to YOU does not make it untrue.
    6) No i don't just because I'm only using words at the moment doesn't mean I will fail in person.
    7)what?!?!?!?!!? You have the audacity to say I am not making sense and that I'm a crackpot and you don't even know what a dollar is?!?!?
    Crawl back into your hole from wence you came. God damn, stupidty is rampant......
    stop this right now, you aren't proving anything!
    you'll body is all that you will ever have!
    if it seams logical to YOU it dose not make it true!
    it dose not make him weak,it makes him wise for not failing to you'll
    impossible claims! it also makes him more mature for not just giving away
    for you!

  20. #17640
    Penguinaciously duckalicious. Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Posts
    16,066
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    1) yes I deny that I am human.
    Then you're more deluded than I thought.

    2) The very fact that you avoid a challenge shows your weakness
    What challenge? To meet you? Stupid challenge, if you can't explain yourself in a post when you have all the time in the world (and the whole internet to link to) how are you going to do it any better in person?.

    3) Waht bullshit?? You just pasted what I already told you! you need bifocals dude
    Correction, try to not ignore the following phrases (which were highlighted)
    conviction of the truth
    Conviction is NOT "unsure".
    belief may or may not imply certitude in the believer
    In other words your statement that "belief means you are unsure" is incorrect.
    Are you blind or merely dishonest?

    4) You say they don't make sense because you can't see past your own nose. I would show you using the space around you, among other things. Do you have a few years?
    So you still can't offer any actual logic?

    5) if it's beyond what humans consider logic than I'm correct. Just because it seem illogical to YOU does not make it untrue.
    Wrong again: your statement was "beyond human logic", not that it was illogical to me.

    6) No i don't just because I'm only using words at the moment doesn't mean I will fail in person.
    So how would you do it?

    7)what?!?!?!?!!? You have the audacity to say I am not making sense and that I'm a crackpot and you don't even know what a dollar is?!?!?
    It was a snide comment on your incorrect assumption that it would cost me dollars... I don't use dollars, I never have used them. They wouldn't be accepted in the shops. In other words YOU failed again.

    God damn, stupidty is rampant......
    And you're the chief perpetrator.

Similar Threads

  1. By Fettman in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 10-18-11, 02:02 PM
    Replies: 33
  2. By USS Athens in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-16-10, 04:47 PM
    Replies: 291
  3. By superstring01 in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-11-10, 01:57 PM
    Replies: 60
  4. By Orleander in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 07-11-09, 08:33 PM
    Replies: 27
  5. By Asguard in forum Computer Science & Culture
    Last Post: 09-13-08, 02:15 AM
    Replies: 0

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •