View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

    227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

    285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

    51 7.61%
  • Farscape

    14 2.09%
  • Dune

    54 8.06%
  • Stargate

    39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

  1. #17561
    Quote Originally Posted by George1 View Post
    i found this site:http://tv.blinkx.com/show/star-trek-...x8T5giaqX_XD0E
    i can watch the episode anytime (once i get the sound on my computer back)
    so can you tell me what episode?
    cool. I'll take a look at it later.

    if I'm not mistaken it's "Star Trek DS9 - s07e07 - Once More unto the Breach" ....wonderful episode about elder warriors being nearly forgotten, young ones learning about forgiveness and arrogance that comes with being young and other wonderful things. This is episode is truly wonderful.

  2. #17562
    Quote Originally Posted by George1 View Post
    i kinda doubt vader would not sens him the moment he beamed aboard,let alone
    spock being able to to the pinch through the suit.
    Last time i checked,the pinch needs to be done on a nerve,so how could he do
    it when Vader's suit was in the way?
    any way,i liked it.FUNNY!
    yeah it is quite funny. SPOCK COMES OUT ON TOP!
    If we could nit pick about the details, and it'll ruin the parody. But in SWU they don't have transporters, so Vader would not understand the particular disturbance. There would be a moment of delay And the thing about the nerve pinch, is that I don't think it's just about the nerve, the area that a Vulcan would touch to make someone go unconscious, can also be used to interupt someones airflow with the right kind of pressure. Which would also make them go unconscious.

  3. #17563
    Bleed White and Blue! Shogun's Avatar
    Posts
    7,635
    Its not supposed to be logical it is supposed to be funny.

  4. #17564
    Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
    Its not supposed to be logical it is supposed to be funny.
    of course I understand that... remember I wasn't the one wondering about Vader

  5. #17565
    Bleed White and Blue! Shogun's Avatar
    Posts
    7,635
    I know, anyways, Vader does have armor to protect from the Vulcan pinch, it is not fabric, its a very tough, and leather like. He also would have saw that coming and kicked/punched Spock in the face, which would have made a big dent because of his artificial limbs.

  6. #17566
    Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
    I know, anyways, Vader does have armor to protect from the Vulcan pinch, it is not fabric, its a very tough, and leather like. He also would have saw that coming and kicked/punched Spock in the face, which would have made a big dent because of his artificial limbs.
    well yes. It's not really armor so much as a containment unit, which protects his badly burned body.

    But can you imagine how a starfleet engineer could disable his artificial limbs?! He could study how they work and figure out a way to disable them :P then Vader would be pretty much useless without arms or legs. (He would too preoccupied at that moment wondering why he can't move, or to use the Force with his mind.) A bit of emotional distraction from a Ferengi, while the engineer initiates a powerful pulse (or an injection of nanites), and voila! Instant quadrplegic.
    Then again it would just be easier to fill the entire ship with modified subspace mines, and then watch the fireworks everytime someone moves lol
    Last edited by Apocalypse2001; 03-09-10 at 05:42 PM. Reason: added sentence

  7. #17567
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    well yes. It's not really armor so much as a containment unit, which protects his badly burned body.

    But can you imagine how a starfleet engineer could disable his artificial limbs?! He could study how they work and figure out a way to disable them :P then Vader would be pretty much useless without arms or legs. (He would too preoccupied at that moment wondering why he can't move, or to use the Force with his mind.) A bit of emotional distraction from a Ferengi, while the engineer initiates a powerful pulse (or an injection of nanites), and voila! Instant quadrplegic.
    Then again it would just be easier to fill the entire ship with modified subspace mines, and then watch the fireworks everytime someone moves lol
    the problem with this is that the mater stream of the transporter wold be blocked by the shields, therefor making such an attempt useless.
    this is considering that a shuttle would be useless,the only way on the ship is by transporter.

  8. #17568
    Quote Originally Posted by George1 View Post
    the problem with this is that the mater stream of the transporter wold be blocked by the shields, therefor making such an attempt useless.
    this is considering that a shuttle would be useless,the only way on the ship is by transporter.
    You're forgetting that species like the Jem Hadar (not to mention the Borg) can transport through almost anything. Including shields. And at a distance of about 3 light years.

  9. #17569
    Bleed White and Blue! Shogun's Avatar
    Posts
    7,635
    Is the transportation instantaneous or with delay? Anyways, Vader can use the force with his mind. Anyways, Spock is not going to have time to disable a limb when a fist or kick is coming towards his face, he is not going to afterwards, because he would be dead.

  10. #17570
    Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
    Is the transportation instantaneous or with delay? Anyways, Vader can use the force with his mind. Anyways, Spock is not going to have time to disable a limb when a fist or kick is coming towards his face, he is not going to afterwards, because he would be dead.
    no I said the engineer would do the technical work. Well, there's no such thing as instantanious. Unlike other transporters the Dominion transporters work immediately. For example, when Dukat was on Empok Nor (the moment when his mass suicide was foiled) his transporter worked immediately with the touch of the button on his wrist.

  11. #17571
    Registered Senior Member alpinedigital's Avatar
    Posts
    370
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    You're forgetting that species like the Jem Hadar (not to mention the Borg) can transport through almost anything. Including shields. And at a distance of about 3 light years.
    Well, that said... The Empire's best bet would be to stay on the movie and try to AVOID confrontation with any Borg. Any nanoprobes introduced into the interior of a vessel would spell DOOM for the Empire!! hahahah

    which I knew all along. The worst threat to them would be to get gremlins in their systems and bring their ships to a stand-still. And no 'force' can restore the electrical systems... it would be a futile effort to try to operate a ship once it's been infected.

    As for Vader's electrical cybernetics... just upload a virus to his ass and see how he functions when he's getting his ass kicked by his own limbs HAHAHA

  12. #17572
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinedigital View Post
    Well, that said... The Empire's best bet would be to stay on the movie and try to AVOID confrontation with any Borg. Any nanoprobes introduced into the interior of a vessel would spell DOOM for the Empire!! hahahah
    no they would not.There's something called "shields".
    The Borg would first need to disable the shields,but they would fail,because
    star wars ships have very powerful shields.
    which I knew all along. The worst threat to them would be to get gremlins in their systems and bring their ships to a stand-still. And no 'force' can restore the electrical systems... it would be a futile effort to try to operate a ship once it's been infected.
    as i said,they would first need to disable the shields of the vessel,but they would fail.
    While they are busy trying to disable them,they would be blasted back to
    quarks!!
    As for Vader's electrical cybernetics... just upload a virus to his ass and see how he functions when he's getting his ass kicked by his own limbs HAHAHA
    Vader's cybernetics don't work that way dummy!
    he isn't an android like Data to be affected like that by a puny computer virus, because his limbs are controlled by HIS BRAIN,which is immune to such
    an attempt!HAHAHHAHA

  13. #17573
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    You're forgetting that species like the Jem Hadar (not to mention the Borg) can transport through almost anything. Including shields. And at a distance of about 3 light years.
    no they can't!
    i saw all episodes with the Borg,and when they transported,they first drained
    the shields of the ship.
    and i never saw a Jem'Hadar transporting from 3 light years away,i i will never
    see,because that is impossible!
    How will the matter stream be able to lock on a specific area of a star ship,
    tr transport the matter all the way there (apr 30 trillion kilometers)ans still be able to not transport the unlucky person from the stream NOT in the middle of space!And that to be said,even if it could,transporters are incapable of pricing
    shields,as i said before!

  14. #17574
    Quote Originally Posted by George1 View Post
    no they would not.There's something called "shields".
    The Borg would first need to disable the shields,but they would fail,because
    star wars ships have very powerful shields.
    as i said,they would first need to disable the shields of the vessel,but they would fail.
    While they are busy trying to disable them,they would be blasted back to
    quarks!!

    Vader's cybernetics don't work that way dummy!
    he isn't an android like Data to be affected like that by a puny computer virus, because his limbs are controlled by HIS BRAIN,which is immune to such
    an attempt!HAHAHHAHA
    doesn't matter....nanoprobes can disable and assimilate him. Period.
    And second, the Enterprise-D crew were able to transport on board a Borg vessel, even though the Borg had dampening fields (this was a while ago before they advanced further.) And also Picard (in Nemesis) was able to transport (using the emergency transponder) to the Enterprise, despite the Theleron radiation, which also blocked sensors and communication toward the inside of the ship.
    Third the Borg can get through ANY shield with a tractor beam, by simply scanning the shields and modulating the frequency of the beam.
    Last edited by Apocalypse2001; 03-10-10 at 11:35 AM. Reason: added info

  15. #17575
    Quote Originally Posted by George1 View Post
    no they can't!
    i saw all episodes with the Borg,and when they transported,they first drained
    the shields of the ship.
    and i never saw a Jem'Hadar transporting from 3 light years away,i i will never
    see,because that is impossible!
    How will the matter stream be able to lock on a specific area of a star ship,
    tr transport the matter all the way there (apr 30 trillion kilometers)ans still be able to not transport the unlucky person from the stream NOT in the middle of space!And that to be said,even if it could,transporters are incapable of pricing
    shields,as i said before!
    The JemHadar have transported at a distance of 3 light years. It's already been shown in DS9. First with a tiny beacon. And again when Dukat escaped Empok Nor (note: there were no ships in the system).

  16. #17576
    Quote Originally Posted by George1 View Post
    no they would not.There's something called "shields".
    The Borg would first need to disable the shields,but they would fail,because
    star wars ships have very powerful shields.
    as i said,they would first need to disable the shields of the vessel,but they would fail.
    While they are busy trying to disable them,they would be blasted back to
    quarks!!

    Vader's cybernetics don't work that way dummy!
    he isn't an android like Data to be affected like that by a puny computer virus, because his limbs are controlled by HIS BRAIN,which is immune to such
    an attempt!HAHAHHAHA
    first of all brain or no brain, the nanoprobes would do their work. What you say couldn't happen, it's illogical. Because the cybernetics are controlled by muscles and receptors which interact with the art. limbs, which in turn are controlled by the brain. Cybernetics only work if there is existing tissue to interact with the artificial limbs. Therefore nanoprobes will disable them permanently if need be.

  17. #17577
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinedigital View Post
    Well, that said... The Empire's best bet would be to stay on the movie and try to AVOID confrontation with any Borg. Any nanoprobes introduced into the interior of a vessel would spell DOOM for the Empire!! hahahah

    which I knew all along. The worst threat to them would be to get gremlins in their systems and bring their ships to a stand-still. And no 'force' can restore the electrical systems... it would be a futile effort to try to operate a ship once it's been infected.

    As for Vader's electrical cybernetics... just upload a virus to his ass and see how he functions when he's getting his ass kicked by his own limbs HAHAHA
    that's actually pretty funny. LMAO Hell, give Vader 10cc of Olcartic virus, and then wait to see, with what's left of his real body, boil from the inside out

  18. #17578
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    doesn't matter....nanoprobes can disable and assimilate him. Period.
    a borg would first need to get NEAR him!
    And second, the Enterprise-D crew were able to transport on board a Borg vessel, even though the Borg had dampening fields (this was a while ago before they advanced further.) And also Picard (in Nemesis) was able to transport (using the emergency transponder) to the Enterprise, despite the Theleron radiation, which also blocked sensors and communication toward the inside of the ship.
    of course,but the borg vessel did not had dampening fields up and running at that time,because considering the borg are way more advance than the federation,they'll dampening fields would be
    impenetrable!
    Third the Borg can get through ANY shield with a tractor beam, by simply scanning the shields and modulating the frequency of the beam.
    i think i said on this forum before that star wars shields don't function on
    frequency!

  19. #17579
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    first of all brain or no brain, the nanoprobes would do their work. What you say couldn't happen, it's illogical. Because the cybernetics are controlled by muscles and receptors which interact with the art. limbs, which in turn are controlled by the brain. Cybernetics only work if there is existing tissue to interact with the artificial limbs. Therefore nanoprobes will disable them permanently if need be.
    i will presume the borg infected Vader.
    First,onsidering Vader's suit an actually primitive suit,made in rush,he wouldn't be a target.Second,Sith bodies are literary consumed by the dark side,and
    they have a high resistance rate! even the suit is impend in the dark side.
    if it would be about someone else,he would probably have no chance,but because it is Vader,not 1000 drones could defeat or assimilate him.

  20. #17580
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    929
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    that's actually pretty funny. LMAO Hell, give Vader 10cc of Olcartic virus, and then wait to see, with what's left of his real body, boil from the inside out
    HAHAHAH,maybe an ORDINARY human would!
    but Vader is a Dark Lord of the Sith,immune to such a pathetic try!!!hahahh!
    some dark lords were able to manipulate life and create new life forms,and
    none were as strong as Vader (who wasn't even at full power,less than half of
    what he was before he lost his limbs and was burned).Hell, he could modify the virus ,make it even more
    deadly,and use it against you!!!
    he is indestructible to biologic viruses,cybernetic viruses or any other such stuff!!
    what you need is Luke Skywalker to beat him in a ligtsaber duel!
    otherwise,you are doomed!!!

Similar Threads

  1. By Fettman in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 10-18-11, 02:02 PM
    Replies: 33
  2. By USS Athens in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-16-10, 04:47 PM
    Replies: 291
  3. By superstring01 in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-11-10, 01:57 PM
    Replies: 60
  4. By Orleander in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 07-11-09, 08:33 PM
    Replies: 27
  5. By Asguard in forum Computer Science & Culture
    Last Post: 09-13-08, 02:15 AM
    Replies: 0

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •