View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

51 7.61%
  • Farscape

14 2.09%
  • Dune

54 8.06%
  • Stargate

39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

Quote Originally Posted by George1 View Post
    i did research about phasers when i wrote,but you DIDN'T about lightsabers.
    High levels of energy generated by a high-output Diatium power cell was unleashed through a series of focusing lenses and energizers that converted the energy into plasma. The plasma was projected through a set of focusing crystals that lent the blade its properties and allowed for the adjustment of blade length and power output.
    Once focused by the crystals, the plasma was sent through a series of field energizers and modulation circuitry within the emitter matrix that further focused it, making it into a coherent beam of energy that was projected from the emitter. The blade typically extended about a meter before being arced by the blade containment field back to a negatively charged fissure ringing the emitter, where it was channeled back to the power cell by a superconductor, completing the circuit.

so you see,it DOSE have all the things you said it requires.
    cool...lol I guess my wrong turned out to be true lol

you know what i want from Star Trek?You have 3 guesses...yup,more seasons
    of star trek:enterprise focusing on the Earth-Romulan War.
    i would want that far more than a movie featuring young Kirk and Spock.
    think about it.2155-to 2160. five years worth of scenery,to make more details about
    the the races that founded the Federation,to show epic battles.

i really want that. I WANT THAT.
    why did those puny losers canceled the show???
    ST:ENT is probably my favorite thing related to Star Trek.

if any of those morons who canceled the show is watching this..F**K YOU!

and to be honest..i didn't liked that much the new movie.
    it was quite cool...nice graphic and acting...but not epic.
    yeah it's stupid....they gave some excuse about the show not having enough viewers... They had the same excuse for Terminator: TSCC. God damn bastards.
    I liked the film. But it pisses me off that it had to be an alternate reality schtick. They could have done a film while keeping it within continuity. I mean the Vulcan homeworld was never destroyed!! Spocks mother never died in that manner. etc
    If anything they should do a film with either Voyager or DS9 (the series finally was great but it left question marks ) It would be awsome to see Voyager kick ass again with all that alien technology on board

Registered Senior Member
    http://www.phombo.com/science-techno...ctions/page-1/

for anyone who want's it,please go to this site to see the various display
    for SW ships.
    very nicely made and realistic,with stunning details.
    maybe after you see this you will have some more respect for Star Wars.

Registered Senior Member alpinedigital's Avatar
    http://www.phombo.com/science-techno...ctions/page-1/

for anyone who want's it,please go to this site to see the various display
    for SW ships.
    very nicely made and realistic,with stunning details.
    maybe after you see this you will have some more respect for Star Wars.
    Or quite possibly, we'll have a lot less.

SW stuff intrigued me once upon a time, but that stuff is so raggedy and poorly designed, and by that, I mean, they build the necessities, and pile on more necessities, and pile on some more, giving it that random useless cubical box network look and they can make diagrams and point to anything and say its a magic induction field coil assembly blaster matrix thingy...

And when you consider that all their best technology is war-based super strong, super duper powerful, invented to whip the living crap out of everything else so its hardly even a fight... Its really not impressive.

I can hardly believe they'd insult anyone's intelligence with the whole 'Dark side VS. bullcrap when they can (supposedly) overpower anything in any galaxy. And see if they're so unlikely to find a match in battle, they resort to flaky ass plot crap like 'LORD VADER' going soft and throwing his master over a rail... omg. Then again, he was a dumbass to go up against Obi Wan in the first place, lil crybaby ass bitch. I lost all respect for the SW series for writing like that. I mean, Obi Wan gave him every chance to postpone the fight and backstab him later. LOL. Idiot still tried a hail mary attack that SHOULD have finished him with a death-by-lava experience, but somehow the flaky writing comes in to save him..
    lame

Quote Originally Posted by alpinedigital View Post

SW stuff intrigued me once upon a time, but that stuff is so raggedy and poorly designed, and by that, I mean, they build the necessities, and pile on more necessities, and pile on some more, giving it that random useless cubical box network look and they can make diagrams and point to anything and say its a magic induction field coil assembly blaster matrix thingy...

And when you consider that all their best technology is war-based super strong, super duper powerful, invented to whip the living crap out of everything else so its hardly even a fight... Its really not impressive.

I can hardly believe they'd insult anyone's intelligence with the whole 'Dark side VS. bullcrap when they can (supposedly) overpower anything in any galaxy. And see if they're so unlikely to find a match in battle, they resort to flaky ass plot crap like 'LORD VADER' going soft and throwing his master over a rail... omg. Then again, he was a dumbass to go up against Obi Wan in the first place, lil crybaby ass bitch. I lost all respect for the SW series for writing like that. I mean, Obi Wan gave him every chance to postpone the fight and backstab him later. LOL. Idiot still tried a hail mary attack that SHOULD have finished him with a death-by-lava experience, but somehow the flaky writing comes in to save him..
    lame
    yeah if they didn't pile on stuff like maybe I'd feel the good about it too. The designs make me feel like I'm looking at a warped version of the Firefly universe.
    And it's time like those when my heart is just begging to see the Dominion battles again just to get a little dose of reality

I love the Republic Commando series, originally I thought the clones were happy with their career, followed every single order and were treated well in Kamino. I latter found out that a lot of them weren't happy with their career, didn't follow every order by the word and were abused back in Kamino. In the animated series, the clones call Kamino home, but the Republic Commandos considered Mandalore to be home, and hated Kamino, even though they grew up at Kamino and never been to Mandalore. Anyways, I also want to see epic battles, that's why I was not into most of Star Trek.

Personally, I think Star Wars equipment and ships are a lot cooler then its Star Trek counterparts. Also Star Wars is more popular and have a bigger fanbase then Star Trek.

Registered Senior Member

lame
    i don't know how much star wars you saw,but it doesn't have only war base
    tech.It also has medicine (bacta),communication(live communication across the galaxy)transport (speeders and air speeders) and entertainment!

you just paid attention only to the war tech.
    any advance civilization will need and will have advance war technology.
    it would be the nature of sentience to have them; to fell safe.

and you really are just ignorant to the fact that SW has an epic plot,epic EVERYTHING!

Wars has a better storyline. Trek gets reppetitive.

Which explains why Star Wars have a huge fanbase.

i don't know how much star wars you saw,but it doesn't have only war base
    tech.It also has medicine (bacta),communication(live communication across the galaxy)transport (speeders and air speeders) and entertainment!

you just paid attention only to the war tech.
    any advance civilization will need and will have advance war technology.
    it would be the nature of sentience to have them; to fell safe.

and you really are just ignorant to the fact that SW has an epic plot,epic EVERYTHING!
    If you're going to argue a point, argue the correct point. I said "their best technology".

...and nobody's opinion of how 'epic' the stories are matters because its just opinion, like my opinion that the war technology is their best. But it's called 'Star Wars' and stories about war do not appeal except to those who like destruction. I prefer stories that make you question your own morals and beliefs... That helps humanity learn and grow. War stories just show the same dumbass good vs evil crap they put in way too many stories already.

In the Star Wars universe, people actually have a life, unlike that of the Star Trek universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
    In the Star Wars universe, people actually have a life, unlike that of the Star Trek universe.
    what life would that be? At least Star Trek makes you think, and leaves you with significant questions.
    As far as quality is concerned, there is a reason nobody thought doing a Star Wars television series was worth it. Because it would be boring!

If you're going to argue a point, argue the correct point. I said "their best technology".

...and nobody's opinion of how 'epic' the stories are matters because its just opinion, like my opinion that the war technology is their best. But it's called 'Star Wars' and stories about war do not appeal except to those who like destruction. I prefer stories that make you question your own morals and beliefs... That helps humanity learn and grow. War stories just show the same dumbass good vs evil crap they put in way too many stories already.
    exactly. Star Wars always hands you simple dumb ass answers. Which makes it boring. I'd rather watch something that stimulated my brain, not make me drool like a labotomized idiot, which is how you feel after watching 10 min of Star Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega133 View Post
    Wars has a better storyline. Trek gets reppetitive.
    what story line?! all the films (the comics etc, dont' count as part of continuity) contain ONE STORY. Battle between Jedi and Sith. The script NEVER ASKS ANY IMPORTANT QUESTIONS! It's all handed to you. Like being in a prison cell and being fed the same food OVER AND OVER again.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    what life would that be? At least Star Trek makes you think, and leaves you with significant questions.
    As far as quality is concerned, there is a reason nobody thought doing a Star Wars television series was worth it. Because it would be boring!
    In Star Wars, they people actually have a personal life, unlike the people *cough*drones*cough* in Star Trek.

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    what story line?! all the films (the comics etc, dont' count as part of continuity) contain ONE STORY. Battle between Jedi and Sith. The script NEVER ASKS ANY IMPORTANT QUESTIONS! It's all handed to you. Like being in a prison cell and being fed the same food OVER AND OVER again.
    The books count as part of the Star Wars universe. Read the books then make judgments.

In Star Wars, they people actually have a personal life, unlike the people *cough*drones*cough* in Star Trek.
    What you see is what you WANT to see. Your biased view of the so-called 'ST drones' is as such because you're blinded to anything you chose not to see. There are many episodes that show exactly what personal life experiences determine why they have specific morals and make certain decisions.

Just because you don't know much about the Star Trek characters doesn't mean there isn't much to know.

The books count as part of the Star Wars universe. Read the books then make judgments.
    I think I'll read some ST books instead. I'll let you 'war whores' deal with reading the SW stuff. I mean, if the movie dialog is an insult to my intellect, why would I indulge in suffering through more?

I have read the books. And the dialogues make me want to bang my head against the wall. Story lines are basically same 'quality' as the films

what personal life?! The go about their so-called "personal life" as if they have been programed with basic behavioral commands gimme a god damn break. There's more charcter development and interpersonal content in Star Trek than you can shake a stick at