View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

    227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

    285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

    51 7.61%
  • Farscape

    14 2.09%
  • Dune

    54 8.06%
  • Stargate

    39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

  1. #12561
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    The Excecutor got impacted by ships just comming out of hyperspace ( So you can't see them, because it is till faster then light speed ).
    There was no impact.

  2. #12562
    Registered Member Cody's Avatar
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
    There was no impact.



    You are talking about this, right?

    Anyway, sorry for my short absence. I have just recently bought Supreme Commander Gold Edition.

  3. #12563
    Registered Member Cody's Avatar
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
    No cruisers crashed into Executor in Return of the Jedi. Nor is there any sign of concentrated Fleet Fire.

    Even if there was. Executor is bigger than the Entire Alliance Fleet and should have a shield capacity to match. Not only are the other ISD's a factor but to say that the Executor's shield failed or even lost to heavy Fire of just THREE Mon Calimari Heavy Hitters is just handing the win to Star Trek.

    (P.S Try and keep the comic books out of the discussion. It's more contradictory than even the EU and highly exaggerative.)
    No proof of CFF? Watch the movie again: "All ships, target the Executor!" (Something like that.)

    The fleet was bigger than that, and they had frigates pounding on it, as well as capital-grade proton torpedoes.

  4. #12564
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,656
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    Excuse me, Q ATTEMPTED to mate with Janeway, it didn't succeed. Acually only Centerpoint is a superweapon in my opinion, anything more powerful then the Centerpoint is a superweapon too.
    Uh, epic fail.

    Q didn't mate with Janeway because she convinced Q to mate with a female Q, resulting in their son, q. Duh... anyone with a brain that has watched the series knows that...

    Centerpoint is a fail-weapon as the WASTE PRODUCTS of a Federation Starship are just as powerful!

  5. #12565
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,656
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    The Excecutor got impacted by ships just comming out of hyperspace ( So you can't see them, because it is till faster then light speed ).
    They would make mention of that in the movies you insolent sub-humanoid!

  6. #12566
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,656
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    No proof of CFF? Watch the movie again: "All ships, target the Executor!" (Something like that.)

    The fleet was bigger than that, and they had frigates pounding on it, as well as capital-grade proton torpedoes.
    So the shields on the most EPIC single ship of the Imperial Starfleet succumbed in a few minutes to the firepower of a few cruisers and some frigates and destroyers?

    PATHETIC!

    Absolutely... pathetic...

    That hands the win to Trek on a gold rimmed latinum platter!

  7. #12567
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    [IMG]

    Anyway, sorry for my short absence. I have just recently bought Supreme Commander Gold Edition.
    Good reason for an absence

  8. #12568
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,656
    Sup Com and Sup Com Forged Alliance... uber games...

    Cody, what all is in the Gold Edition?

  9. #12569
    unamerican american USS Exeter's Avatar
    Posts
    2,482
    Quote Originally Posted by USS Athens View Post
    Dude, you don't say 'mate', you're obviously very sheltered.
    Well DUH! He is supposedly ten years old.

  10. #12570
    unamerican american USS Exeter's Avatar
    Posts
    2,482
    Star Trek beats Star Wars. Y'know why? In ST, they talk about science; I like science.

    End of discussion and off to bed for me.

  11. #12571
    Heute der Enteteich... Oli's Avatar
    Posts
    11,890
    Quote Originally Posted by USS Exeter View Post
    Star Trek beats Star Wars. Y'know why? In ST, they talk about science; I like science.
    They talk about it. But they don't use it...

  12. #12572
    unamerican american USS Exeter's Avatar
    Posts
    2,482
    Quote Originally Posted by Oli View Post
    They talk about it. But they don't use it...
    Science content in Star Trek and Star Wars


    Star Trek > Star Wars

    Star Wars is merely of the fantasy genre, I don't really see how it is even sci-fi.

  13. #12573
    Heute der Enteteich... Oli's Avatar
    Posts
    11,890
    Technobabble science content: Star Trek > Star Wars.
    Actual science content: Star Trek = Star Wars.

  14. #12574
    unamerican american USS Exeter's Avatar
    Posts
    2,482
    Oh really? Child-like fantasy content with a fascist vs. fascist duke-out: Star Wars > Star Trek.

  15. #12575
    Heute der Enteteich... Oli's Avatar
    Posts
    11,890
    Oh well...
    Mythic quality Wars > Trek

  16. #12576
    unamerican american USS Exeter's Avatar
    Posts
    2,482
    I'll have to give it that one. /admits defeat

    Star Wars movies do have much more cinematic value than the Star Trek movies.

  17. #12577
    Heute der Enteteich... Oli's Avatar
    Posts
    11,890
    I cried at the first Trek movie: they didn't even play the damn theme tune until 15 hours into it...

  18. #12578
    unamerican american USS Exeter's Avatar
    Posts
    2,482
    William Shatner > all of the Star Wars actors and actresses (in episodes 1,2, and 3)

  19. #12579
    Heute der Enteteich... Oli's Avatar
    Posts
    11,890
    Shatner's ego, certainly

  20. #12580
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,656
    Picard is the best... how many old, bald guys can you say make being old and bald seem almost macho.

Similar Threads

  1. By Fettman in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 10-18-11, 02:02 PM
    Replies: 33
  2. By USS Athens in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-16-10, 04:47 PM
    Replies: 291
  3. By superstring01 in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-11-10, 01:57 PM
    Replies: 60
  4. By Orleander in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 07-11-09, 08:33 PM
    Replies: 27
  5. By Asguard in forum Computer Science & Culture
    Last Post: 09-13-08, 02:15 AM
    Replies: 0

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •