View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

    227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

    285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

    51 7.61%
  • Farscape

    14 2.09%
  • Dune

    54 8.06%
  • Stargate

    39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

  1. #12281
    That which cannot be known Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,935
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    First of all nobody claimed Kahn was jamming the sensors in the movie. Only that they could not be detected at that time. The Enterprise beamed abaord the station then obviously used the stations transporters to reach the surface. Finally we are talking a hollowed out asteroid and given very precise coordinates thanks to a communicator inside. So this example you have given is extremely flawed.
    So a simple com badge, which uses next to no power, is able to punch thru the jamming of hundreds of meters of asteroid and the jamming of the Reliant? (because Khan DOES say to jam all comm signals...)

  2. #12282
    That which cannot be known Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,935
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    Random Bullshit
    Once again, Scott, you go around using the least powerful possible examples from Star Trek (drilling at low power so as not to risk FURTHER destablizing the planets crust as well as to avoid blowing massive amounts of dust and debris into the atmosphere) and compare it to highest-possible magnitude of Star Wars.

    Stop doing the same old shit, it's old.

    We have audio and visual proof that a Photon Torpedo has the ability to FAR surpass even a quad turbolaser battery in destructive power...

    A Quantum Torpedo, then, would ONLY be surpassed by the SuperLaser.

  3. #12283
    That which cannot be known Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,935
    Oh, and Scott - PURE NEUTRONIUM is immune to Phaser and Torpedo fire... as in the DOOMSDAY MACHINE (pure neutronium outer hull) and the Dyson Sphere (near pure neutronium construction)

    a 10% mixture would do little to nothing... and again, it didn't act like Trek neutronium (or are the hulls of all ISD's slowly disintegrating?) thus it isn't Trek neutronium. SO PISS OFF

  4. #12284
    That which cannot be known Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,935
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    Memeory Alpha is not a canon source according to Paramount. only the shows and movies are canon and only them.



    Oh and nobody has EVER been wrong or exaggerating in Star Trek before! Seriously we have enough proof to know this is not correct. Hell First Contact was proof, Endgame was proof, The first Borg attack on Earth was prrof. In each of these cases the Borg were detec ted far in advance.
    First Point- Memory Alpha is information taken from cannon sources and analyzed. Thus, it is cannon. Information garnered from cannon is cannon... I can't put it any simpler for you Scott!

    Second Point - Uh, no. The first Borg attack on Earth, they knew where the Sol system was, that was it. That ship came out of TransWarp outside the Sol system and was first picked up by the relay stations at Pluto base. It was tracked passing EACH planet at IMPULSE SPEED. Why they stayed at Impulse, nobody knows. But it was. You can see Jupiter Stations defensive craft attempt to engage with less than helpful results.

    7 of 9 was indeed correct... you just don't like it and will scream bloody murder till we all adopt your idea of "correct"

  5. #12285
    That which cannot be known Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,935
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    I am begging you, read my posts. What Cody posted about Leland Chee is true, read it. Also never in the script or the movies did it say " There is no more story ". In the movies George Lucas put " Long tim ago in a galaxy far far away " for a reason, and that is they can expand it. George Lucas always end a story in a way that everybody wants it to continue. He said his part of the story ended. But he approved the EU material, and they have meetings in the Skywalker Ranch to agree on what is best and how would they make it Star Wars. He said in a Lucasfilm magazine ( Star Wars: Insider ) that he is not in charge of EU. And find me a qoute where George Lucas says " Expanded Universe is not canon " and it have to include non-canon or not canon. You can't because he never said it. He just said his part of the story ended ( that doesn't include his involment with EU.

    That is just it - we are using LucasFilms STAR WARS against Paramounts STAR TREK. Thus, if it isn't LucasFilms or Paramount, it is not considered cannon. At least, that is what was implied when this topic first opened how many years ago at this point?

  6. #12286
    That which cannot be known Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,935




    I think it's QUITE obvious the Bridge is gone... the top image is the bottom image with the frame JUST BEFORE impact overlayed... the second image is post impact. The images are slightly blown up and are brightened to make it more obvious. My next post will show the actual frames DIRECT from the DVD!

  7. #12287
    That which cannot be known Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,935





  8. #12288
    That which cannot be known Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,935


    Pretty obvious, right? JUST TO MAKE SURE YOU SEE IT:


    Post Impact Frame w/ Impact Frame overlay


    Post Impact Frame w/o Impact Frame Overlay


    The tower is gone. It is no more. It ceases to exist! IT GOT BLOWN TO DUST!

    You can NOT try to say with ANY sense of the word "competent thought" that the tower is still there because, as the images clearly show, it is not!

  9. #12289
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    That is just it - we are using LucasFilms STAR WARS against Paramounts STAR TREK. Thus, if it isn't LucasFilms or Paramount, it is not considered cannon. At least, that is what was implied when this topic first opened how many years ago at this point?
    Dude, EU is Lucasfilm, and so is all my sources.

  10. #12290
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    [QUOTE=Saquist;1866807]

    No comparison to what? Drilling vs destruction.
    Wouldn't that be the most obvious statement you could make.
    One blast vs One beam and the blast won. The long range turbolaser is roughly the same power as a flank turbolaser and do you know how fast flanks fire?


    BUt the story leaves it as inconclusive. If yo could pic it up then it's not realy Neutronium as Kittamaru has stated over and over again.
    Star Trek Netronium is metallic right? Star Wars will just bring out the Metallic-Crystal Phase Shifter, they have hundreds of thoses and they can build them. It is roughly the size of a turbolaser so don't expect it to be huge. I am not trying ti be picky but, I think you spelled pick wrong.

    An ineffectual statement with out a line of evidence.
    I have to agree to that, Star Wars Netronium is diffrent from Star Trek Neutronium.
    P.S.
    Kittamaru, what make you think Star Trek Neutonium is real and Star Wars Neutonium is fake? It is vice versa.

    Actually no one has to make the assumption but you TW...Logic does not agree with you however. You've conducted other logical fallacies but this is just another of the obvious ones. (since some similarities then everything is the same)

    How illogical.
    Metallic-Crystal Phase shifter will just turn Star Trek hulls and Neutronium into powder. Proof that Star Trek shields can block them.


    Actually that would be contradiction. That would allow us to throw out that example completely infavor of the G- canon. I think that covers it all.
    The Hologram that disappeared is Needa's that means his ship was "Destroyed", how come he appeared later? Don't tell me that somebody is goning to say it was Needa's clone, because it is not true.

  11. #12291
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    Once again, Scott, you go around using the least powerful possible examples from Star Trek (drilling at low power so as not to risk FURTHER destablizing the planets crust as well as to avoid blowing massive amounts of dust and debris into the atmosphere) and compare it to highest-possible magnitude of Star Wars.
    Right you are going to say Long-Range Turbolasers are stronger then Heavy Turbolasers next huh? That is untrue, Long-Rang turbolasers are one of the weakest turbolasers in Star Wars, it is roughly the same as a light turbolaser. And it is one blasts that is form on of the weakest turbolasers.


    We have audio and visual proof that a Photon Torpedo has the ability to FAR surpass even a quad turbolaser battery in destructive power...
    Sorry to tell you this, but Quad Lasers the ultimate turbolaser. Heavy Turbolasers are. So it is nothing. 1 tropedo vs 1 blasts, thats very fair, or is it?

    A Quantum Torpedo, then, would ONLY be surpassed by the SuperLaser.
    Don't tell me next that ahand phaser is stronger then the Sun Crusher. Excuse me, but a Quantum Tropedo is weaker then a Metallic-Crystal Phase Shifter, how can it be stronger then a superlaser. Superlasers come in all sizes and shapes, even Errant Venture have one, you ment a miniature one didn't you?

  12. #12292
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post




    I think it's QUITE obvious the Bridge is gone... the top image is the bottom image with the frame JUST BEFORE impact overlayed... the second image is post impact. The images are slightly blown up and are brightened to make it more obvious. My next post will show the actual frames DIRECT from the DVD!
    What did I tell you, ha ha www.st-v-sw.net again. Mike Wong is alot more accuate then that website.

    First picture is no dent, it is the dust created by the impact with the Imperial Star Destroyer.

    Second picture is not a gone bridge, it is covered by the dust ( scince it is only 2 seconds after the impact )

    Techniclly it is not directly from the DVD, it is from st-v-sw.net.

  13. #12293
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post




    Ha, ha. On the website it said the bridge is destroyed because the third picture have debris, it is the debris from the astroid impact.

  14. #12294
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post


    Pretty obvious, right? JUST TO MAKE SURE YOU SEE IT:


    Post Impact Frame w/ Impact Frame overlay


    Post Impact Frame w/o Impact Frame Overlay


    The tower is gone. It is no more. It ceases to exist! IT GOT BLOWN TO DUST!

    You can NOT try to say with ANY sense of the word "competent thought" that the tower is still there because, as the images clearly show, it is not!
    The bridge is covered by the dust of the impact and the renmants of the astroid. Correction : It is quite obivous that the astroid was destroyed instead of the bride, because Needa would of been dead. Don't give me the crap about Needa is not on the bridge or it is Needa's clone.

  15. #12295
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post


    One blast vs One beam and the blast won. The long range turbolaser is roughly the same power as a flank turbolaser and do you know how fast flanks fire?

    Where did the blast win? The phaser beam was calibrated. It's a low power discharge. You've seen the high power discharge. According to canon the Galaxy Class phaser array (type X) vaporaised more and a denser material in the same amount of time as the "blast" as you put it. Up to 60 times more powerful. Have you any evidence based on canon to counter that evidence






    The Hologram that disappeared is Needa's that means his ship was "Destroyed", how come he appeared later? Don't tell me that somebody is goning to say it was Needa's clone, because it is not true.
    He didn't appear later. Of course you know that. You postulating that the scene is completely sequential which is frankly stupid SJ. Out of all the cut scenes you choose to approach litteraly with no regard to cienmatic camera work and story telling you chose this one?

    Of course it's your only way out, desprate and completely ridiculous.
    In return of the Jedi did lando experience a second exploding ship after the Death Star blew up the first Mon Calmari ship?
    Do ships jump into hyperspace twice? According to your thinking they do for there is no way the camera could catch ships jumping into hyperspace after the starlines appear on screen.
    Is the Death Star Firing twice? Accoriding to you yes, Once apparently to get through the shields and another to destroy the ship. Because of course you say we are shown twice a beam but only one ship being destroyed. Which of course would mean the Death Star isn't as strong as you say.
    Last edited by Saquist; 05-21-08 at 04:49 PM.

  16. #12296
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
    He didn't appear later. Of course you know that. You postulating that the scene is completely sequential which is frankly stupid SJ. Out of all the cut scenes you choose to approach litteraly with no regard to cienmatic camera work and story telling you chose this one?
    Appearently it is very accuate, my logic make compelet sense about the dust. Infact I even have G-Canon proof to back it up, who do you call that ?

    That is Captain Needa, does he look like dead to you before Vader killed him ? No. Don't tell me next that the hologram is a hologram of Needa's clone, because that is ridiculous! And it is untrue.

    Of course it's your only way out, desprate and completely ridiculous.
    In return of the Jedi did lando experience a second exploding ship after the Death Star blew up the first Mon Calmari ship?
    Do ships jump into hyperspace twice? According to your thinking they do for there is no way the camera could catch ships jumping into hyperspace after the starlines appear on screen.
    Is the Death Star Firing twice? Accoriding to you yes, Once apparently to get through the shields and another to destroy the ship. Because of course you say we are shown twice a beam but only one ship being destroyed. Which of course would mean the Death Star isn't as strong as you say.
    It is perfectly logical, why wouln'd be dust after the impact?
    The beam can overwhelm the shields then destroy the ship in one shot, like they did to Aldereen. This is an example of your logic right now " If I smash a chalk to the ground there wouldn't be any dust " or " If I throw dry ice in a warm place, there wouldn't be any steam ". Does that make sense to you or anybody else here? If you said that to anybody you know, they will think you are inpaired temporaly.

  17. #12297
    unamerican american USS Exeter's Avatar
    Posts
    2,482
    Don't stop until you reach 700 pages!!!

  18. #12298
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    Yes, he could tell his immediate surrounding when blind, however that would be very limited use aiming at a vessel he would be trying to follow with naked eye. Can you see a bullet moving at 2000fps? Why would you be able to see a starship moving many times as fast?
    one word:
    MENTAT

  19. #12299
    That which cannot be known Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,935
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    The bridge is covered by the dust of the impact and the renmants of the astroid. Correction : It is quite obivous that the astroid was destroyed instead of the bride, because Needa would of been dead. Don't give me the crap about Needa is not on the bridge or it is Needa's clone.
    NO, the bridge is NOT COVERED BY DUST. Listen you ignorant little kid - those pictures are exact overlays. Look at them with your eyes - they are the same picture with the bridge overlayed from a frame before impact.

    The bridge is FAR bigger than that cloud of dust! But it's GONE.

  20. #12300
    That which cannot be known Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,935
    Torpedoes in Trek are nothing special like they are in Star Wars...

    Phaser beam drilling thru the crust is NOTHING compared to the power used when engaged in attacks against hostile targets. It was trying for ZERO collateral damage and ZERO destructive force - they used it CONSTRUCTIVELY.

    Try doing that with a TurboLaser.

    And if a QuadLaser is the most powerful laser weapon - the Falcon has THE MOST POWERFUL weapons on it?

Similar Threads

  1. By Fettman in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 10-18-11, 02:02 PM
    Replies: 33
  2. By USS Athens in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-16-10, 04:47 PM
    Replies: 291
  3. By superstring01 in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-11-10, 01:57 PM
    Replies: 60
  4. By Orleander in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 07-11-09, 08:33 PM
    Replies: 27
  5. By Asguard in forum Computer Science & Culture
    Last Post: 09-13-08, 02:15 AM
    Replies: 0

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •