View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

    227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

    285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

    51 7.61%
  • Farscape

    14 2.09%
  • Dune

    54 8.06%
  • Stargate

    39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

  1. #11881
    That which cannot be known Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,946
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    But to compeletly eilmiate the system like Centerpoint Station can.
    Like the 5 mil isotonne mine can... and it doesn't require a large station, just the materials aboard an average starship...

    Technology Advantage - Trek

  2. #11882
    That which cannot be known Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,946
    Quote Originally Posted by antaran_1979 View Post
    in other words no maps no fire when ready. there is just one point, there is no map of the milky way as such.
    That and Centerpoint couldn't fire thru the galactic barrier anyway... as Vector Prime is not targeted anywhere near Earth, much less Sol...

  3. #11883
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    No, because Anakin knew Chewie was dead... you're thinking of Lowbaca, and he doesn't die, though he ALMOST does.

    It's in one of the few books I do have... I'll have to FIND it, but I'm 100% sure o it.
    Chewie died saving Anakin Solo, Anakin Solo and Chewie died on the same book, day, and planet.

  4. #11884
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Flectarn View Post
    whats your point? Lieutenant is used in a lot of ways, in Hans case he would have been a few steps up the latter in the Imperial Navy
    A Captain outranked him. Captains are almost just ordinary stromtroopers.

  5. #11885
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by antaran_1979 View Post
    destroy the dark side was the key word.
    Nope, that was Yoda's view of the prophecy, but destroy the Sith is a yes. Yoda doubted the prophecy because Anakin was not as "modest" as he have been expected.

  6. #11886
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by antaran_1979 View Post
    well exuse me if i belive the oficial data more then i belive you kid.
    I got Lucasfilm liciened proof. Centerpoint made Corellia System by moving other habitable planets, so thats why all the planets in Corellia is habitable.

  7. #11887
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by antaran_1979 View Post
    we did not see them stoping Palpatine from becoming emperor now did we? that means they are a minority. in any damocracy it means they are scr***!
    Nope they did nothing. Padme did nothing because of Anakin, I don't know about Bail Organa the others.

  8. #11888
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by antaran_1979 View Post
    define compleately eliminate...
    Centerpoint can destroy a system and there will be only a small astroid left, nothing else. ( Because it crushes stuff, it got to have something left over.

  9. #11889
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by antaran_1979 View Post
    but random storm troopers are not lieutenant general now are they? and there are fleet admirals outhere you know. non of weach are stormtroopers. do you feel a need to comment on everything regardless of wether you have something to say? you know people around here dislike TWS but at least he does not write unless he has something to say (regardless the iterpretation or validity).
    A normal stromtrooper is a private to lieutentant. And TIE Pilots are not very important in the Imperial Military.

  10. #11890
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    Proof...?

    Stop saying things without proof... if we assume one thing and you simply state another show WHY what we are assuming is untrue.
    "The scientists are very confused by the Corellian System. The planets' orbits are so close to each other, and are so strange, that some of the scientists think the whole star system is artificial. They think somebody built it, a long, long time ago."
    ―Han Solo

    Wookiepedia
    The Celestials were an unknown ancient civilization present long before the dawn of the Galactic Republic. The origins of the Celestials are largely unknown. It is possible that the Celestials were the race (or one of many races) now referred to as the Architects, who were extra-galactic beings responsible for the creation of the Maw, Centerpoint Station, and the Corellian system. The Celestials may also have been related to other powerful ancient civilizations, such as the Killiks and Rakata.
    I checked some facts and it does use Tralus and Talus's gravity well, sorry. Centerpoint Station also can move planets into hyperspace, so they can just move a star out of the galaxy, so it will have a power source.

  11. #11891
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Wookiepedia

    HoloNet News logo.HoloNet News is an official Star Wars website, which was created in order to build hype for the 2002 theatrical release of Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. The site consists of various in-universe news articles detailing galactic events leading up to the beginning of the film. In addition to coverage of major events with a clear bearing on what occurs in Attack of the Clones, the site includes a number of articles that tie into other elements of the Expanded Universe.
    See here you go.

  12. #11892
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    Like the 5 mil isotonne mine can... and it doesn't require a large station, just the materials aboard an average starship...

    Technology Advantage - Trek
    Why didn't they do that to the Dominion?
    Anyways, proof please. It is up to you to provid the proof.

  13. #11893
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    That and Centerpoint couldn't fire thru the galactic barrier anyway... as Vector Prime is not targeted anywhere near Earth, much less Sol...
    They move it out of the galaxy through Vector Prime then point it at Milky Way. They can steal a map easy. They will send a stealth ship to any Federation planet or colony, they will search for the map in the libary then get out if the planet as quietly and quickly as possible.

  14. #11894
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    248
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    They move it out of the galaxy through Vector Prime then point it at Milky Way. They can steal a map easy. They will send a stealth ship to any Federation planet or colony, they will search for the map in the libary then get out if the planet as quietly and quickly as possible.
    Will not work unless the relative distance and velocity between the two galaxies are known. Far. far away and a long, long time ago will make this difficult or even impossible. IE the galaxy gun cannot be used if the relative distance and velocity between the galaxies are not known. Worm holes do not suffer this problem.


  15. #11895
    Registered Senior Member antaran_1979's Avatar
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    A Captain outranked him. Captains are almost just ordinary stromtroopers.
    what is so strange about captiain outranking a lieutenant kid? do you even know how the ranks in miltary are ordered in the chierarchy?

    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    Nope, that was Yoda's view of the prophecy, but destroy the Sith is a yes. Yoda doubted the prophecy because Anakin was not as "modest" as he have been expected.
    not acording to Lucas

    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    Nope they did nothing. Padme did nothing because of Anakin, I don't know about Bail Organa the others.
    well Organa did start the rebelion, wich shows the loyalists were powerless to stop the coruption of the republic by political means.

    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    Centerpoint can destroy a system and there will be only a small astroid left, nothing else. ( Because it crushes stuff, it got to have something left over.
    and do you know what effect a supernova will have on a system? or a black hole?

    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    A normal stromtrooper is a private to lieutentant. And TIE Pilots are not very important in the Imperial Military.
    and how many lieutenant are in comparisson to grunts, corporals, sargents? you know if we write to mr.Lucas i bet he'll tell us that the command structure of the Imperial army is no diferent then the real world armies. and sorry to break it up to you, but even the least important junior grade lieutenat or ensign of a tie-fighter is gar more educated then the storm trooper counterpart.

    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post



    I checked some facts and it does use Tralus and Talus's gravity well, sorry. Centerpoint Station also can move planets into hyperspace, so they can just move a star out of the galaxy, so it will have a power source.
    turns out we were right all along now did we? and moving the objects is not the issue, moving the station is.

    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    Why didn't they do that to the Dominion?
    Anyways, proof please. It is up to you to provid the proof.
    Voyager was not back from Delta quadrant back then. besides i doubt UFP would use weapons of mass destruction unless they were faced with total anihilation. especially not against theor own citicens.

    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    They move it out of the galaxy through Vector Prime then point it at Milky Way. They can steal a map easy. They will send a stealth ship to any Federation planet or colony, they will search for the map in the libary then get out if the planet as quietly and quickly as possible.
    where will you find one eh? there are no galactic maps in UFP. they don't even have maps of the Romulan empire.

  16. #11896
    That which cannot be known Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,946
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    "The scientists are very confused by the Corellian System. The planets' orbits are so close to each other, and are so strange, that some of the scientists think the whole star system is artificial. They think somebody built it, a long, long time ago."
    ―Han Solo

    So han doesn't know anything about ISD firepower, yet is a quantum physicist now...? No, sorry, that doesn't cut it. People think the same thing about the Egyptian Pyramids - that Aliens built them...

    I checked some facts and it does use Tralus and Talus's gravity well, sorry. Centerpoint Station also can move planets into hyperspace, so they can just move a star out of the galaxy, so it will have a power source.
    In red

  17. #11897
    That which cannot be known Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,946
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    See here you go.
    Re-read your quote...

    THAT TIE INTO THE EXPANDED UNIVERSE.

    Right there... non cannon... sorry. No temporal shielding.

  18. #11898
    That which cannot be known Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,946
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    Why didn't they do that to the Dominion?
    Anyways, proof please. It is up to you to provid the proof.
    I'll try to find a video clip for you.
    The reason they didn't do it to the Dominion is simple:

    1) They couldn't get to the Dominion worlds to do this...
    2) They didn't HAVE Borg Nanites in the Alpha Quadrent at the time (DS9 and Voy are during the same time frame)
    3) You want them to risk destroying themselves and DS9 and the wormhole just to blow up some bugships... no.

    Meanwhile - a 54 Isoton explosion can "blow up a small planet" according to TuVoc and Harry Kim


    http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...KB74maCg&hl=en

  19. #11899
    That which cannot be known Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,946
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    They move it out of the galaxy through Vector Prime then point it at Milky Way. They can steal a map easy. They will send a stealth ship to any Federation planet or colony, they will search for the map in the libary then get out if the planet as quietly and quickly as possible.
    Uhm, no no and no.

    1) Prove that Vector Prime leads anywhere NEAR this universe
    2) Prove that Star Wars cloaks aren't vulnerable to these sensors:
    A) Gravimetric
    B) Magnometric
    C) Ladar
    D) SubSpace Distortion
    E) Power Readouts
    3) Prove that a "stealth ship" can get past Federation Shielding
    4) Prove that they'd be able to bypass Federation encryption techniques.
    5) Prove that the Federation would be stupid enough to let said ship escape IF it should somehow get inside, but after it's incompetant occupants set off every safety alarm on the facility or ship.

  20. #11900
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    Re-read your quote...

    THAT TIE INTO THE EXPANDED UNIVERSE.

    Right there... non cannon... sorry. No temporal shielding.
    EU is canon. How many times do we have to go over this?

Similar Threads

  1. By Fettman in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 10-18-11, 02:02 PM
    Replies: 33
  2. By USS Athens in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-16-10, 04:47 PM
    Replies: 291
  3. By superstring01 in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-11-10, 01:57 PM
    Replies: 60
  4. By Orleander in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 07-11-09, 08:33 PM
    Replies: 27
  5. By Asguard in forum Computer Science & Culture
    Last Post: 09-13-08, 02:15 AM
    Replies: 0

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •