View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

    227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

    285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

    51 7.61%
  • Farscape

    14 2.09%
  • Dune

    54 8.06%
  • Stargate

    39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

  1. #11421
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,611
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    All shields seems to block ST transporters, even relatively primative ones. Also Ion storms, sensor interference, radiation, dense materials and plethora of other factoers. In fact the list goes on and on. Seeing as how SW shields are superior in everyway as demonstrated by canon information, I see little that says SW shields would not block Transporters.
    Uh, lets see.

    No, no, no, no, sometimes, no, and fat chance.

    They don't block the transporters 99% of the time... they just make it dangerous. You figure, you are taking a person apart at the SUB-SUB ATOMIC LEVEL! You need absolute precision to put them back together. ANY interferance is bad...

    Though when you are beaming the bad guys out into space, you don't give two shits if they wind up being fried in the transporter, or if the buffer is wiped clean, or if they wind up with their nose attached to their left asscheak

  2. #11422
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,611
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    Midichlorian-Force link. Remember that in SW it is very specific that ALL life has Midichlorians, even theYuuzhan Vong had them though were disconnected from the Force for a large part of their history. Also Elliot in ET had midichlorians as ET's race is from the SW glalaxy......
    Negatory you fool... ET was a cameo and you can't prove it was actually ET. For all you know, it was some guy in a suit.

    Just like the Millenium Falcon had a cameo in First Contact if you're quick enough to see it.

  3. #11423
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,611
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    Where in ST canon has it said that people don't have midichlorians? Of course since the force works on objects that do not have midichlorians the lack of any outside of SW means absolutely nothing.

    However since ST is from Earth and ET is from SW Galaxy and the Federations homeworld is Earth then i guess your just hownling becuase you can sense the reaming that is coming.
    It is stated in Trek that they do NOT have midichlorians.

    Surprised? I bet you are!

    Want to know the proof?

    Midichlorians are nothing but a symbiotic parasite.

    Star Trek transporters remove such things, down to sub-nano scale Protozoans, from the people it transports.

    Thus, should Midichlorians have existed at some point, all starship crews (who have, at one time or another, used a transporter) do not have them.

    End o discussion...

  4. #11424
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,611
    Scott, the reason star trek is superior to star wars:

    They can fly into, and back out of, a black hole without:

    A) Being crushed
    B) Freezing in time
    C) Having the ship survive but the crew die
    D) Loosing main power
    E) Basicly, without taking any damage at all

    also, a single aging Constitution class starship can punch thru a planetary shield with enough residual energy in the phaser beam to ignite the atmosphere of a planet, vaporizing said atmosphere instantly. Considering a Sovereign class is much, much more powerful, say goodbye to ALL of your inhabitable worlds.

    And finally, your hyperspace is useless because our tractor beams work on gravitational fields. Since you cannot enter hyperspace in a gravity well, your ships are stuck where they emerge.

  5. #11425
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,611
    Somehow I have the feeling even Galaxy Quest would defeat Star Wars...

    Hell, you know what, I bet Alvin and the Chipmunks could... a bunch of teddy bears did!

  6. #11426
    Registered Senior Member antaran_1979's Avatar
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by Montec View Post
    Hello all

    Last time I checked the ST transporters worked through subspace channels. Is there any SW cannon that gives the shields of SW the ability to block these subspace channels?

    not all transporters are subspace as such. there are subspace transporters and those have range of sevetal lys. they may have the ability to work through shields, but i'm not sure. it's been some time since i watched that episode.

  7. #11427
    Registered Senior Member antaran_1979's Avatar
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    1.Actually from what we know the Force exists everywhere. Even the Yuzhan vongs glalxy has it. Jedi just happen to go insane past the edge of the galaxy as there is so little life out there it is like bing in solitary confinement.



    2.According to your (flawed) scaling. However according to Lucasfilm they were 40 to 200 meters in diameter. Look at the scene again, if the asteroid had been 6 meters across it wouldn;t even be but a few pixels on the screen. Now look at the chase scenes where four TIE's were following the Millenium Falcon. Most of the astroids there were several times the lenght of the Falcon., Save for the asteroid collision.



    3.It means unless they were unique and destroyed they are in the fight.
    1. all the galaxies in the SW universe may have midichlorians and thus force capability. if there is a version of Earth in that universe, people there would have it too. however in all OTHER universes there are no midichlorians and Force users. if ET had it, it means it happens in the SW universe. not all that strange since we know their creators are buds

    2. i posted the caps, remember? sure the Falcon flew by some large asteroids, but we never see them destroyed on screen. for all i know if some of those were destroyed it might have been done with the heavy TLs and acording to my estemates they should be able to compleately blast 100+m asteroids. even barage is possible.

    3. yeah, i know that, but so what? the way he uses it in his post leads to no conclusion what so ever. he thinks that Centerpoint is as mobile ass any starship, but we know it requires the gravity wells of two worlds to power it. his arguments are just in the category "my uncle is stronger then yours". no explanation, no data, no analasys....

  8. #11428
    Registered Senior Member antaran_1979's Avatar
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    There is a reason you hadn't thought of it. The word is Shielding. You have to get past the shielding. Which is incredibly unlikely given the dual layers of shields and the intensity of said shields on SW vessels. Other factors to consider are the density of materials, sensors jamming, internal shielding, distortions around the hyperdrive....and so on.

    If it was so easy to beam out sections of an enemy ship it would be done by everyone in ST.
    actually the reason why i had not think of it, is that it seams rather silly
    but there is another reason too. i never considered such subversive tactics in my analasys. i only worked with open warfare, and try to continue doing so. working with sociology and psychology factors is far trickier then working with brute destruction. allso i try to implement only the methods they used on screen even if that obviously does not seam to match their max capabilities.

    now here are some speculations as for why the beam-out is not used as a tactic in ST. first and formost, it's not fun. but this does not count. so the in-world reason is, since they are aware of transporter technolgy, they have taken some preventory mesures. we do know fur sure that they posess transporter inhibitors. so it is expected that any crucial or vulnerable systems would be protected from transporter attacks. SW however has no reason for such countermesures, thus their ships may prove vulnerable. the shiled could be an issue during open combat, but during guerilla raids the ships could be cought without shielding. and even with shielding there is no undisputed confirmation that SW ships are compleately protected. hack they don't even raise their shields when in hot-pursuits in asteroids. Needa had to order the shields up when it apeared that the Falcon would attack.

  9. #11429
    Registered Senior Member antaran_1979's Avatar
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    You have provided no evidence to support your claims. in fact all evidence avaialble form canon points to ST shiedls being inferior in every way and method of measurement. We can go over it again if you wish. First you should present your argument. If I were you I would use only canon ST information. You can DL many scripts.


    actualy since birds of pray fight inside star's corona and ISD2s are reluctant to enter asteroid fields, i'd say this constitutes as canon.

  10. #11430
    Registered Senior Member antaran_1979's Avatar
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    I'm not resorting to anything actually. SW has won on every level so far and in some places by such a margin that ST has not even been a nuissance. I am just trying to point out that i am merely stating that you can make no claims that the Force cannot enter the battle without some measure of proof. You have no proof that the Force does not exist in the ST or Dune universe, especially when similiar powers exist in both.
    actually we have no proof it does!!! and the last time i looked, the burden of proof falls on the one that claims the existance of an entity.

  11. #11431
    Registered Senior Member antaran_1979's Avatar
    Posts
    1,447
    to Sardonic:

    the thingy with the quarks is that, from our perspective it apears that the forcces holding them together are getting stronger as the the distance increases betwean them. so to break them apart it would take infinite energy. however in reality isolating the week nuclear interactions seem very energetic is because a lot of energy is required to isolate them from the EM or strong nuclear interaction. so much energy that it makes those conversion energy ineficient.in fact the week force is 10^13 times less powerfull then the strong nuclear force.

  12. #11432
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    There is a reason you hadn't thought of it. The word is Shielding. You have to get past the shielding. Which is incredibly unlikely given the dual layers of shields and the intensity of said shields on SW vessels. Other factors to consider are the density of materials, sensors jamming, internal shielding, distortions around the hyperdrive....and so on.

    If it was so easy to beam out sections of an enemy ship it would be done by everyone in ST.

    It's been done several times notablly in Star Trek Voyager.
    Voyager had several subsystems removed.
    On the Federation side...the Equinox beamed the field generator right off Voyager while it was attached to main systems.

    So despite your constant skeptism it is possible and it has been done.

  13. #11433
    Quote Originally Posted by USS Enterprise-B View Post
    You say, but we've gone over the info many, many times. ST sheilds are superior in almost every way. Sorry Tee-dubya.

    And there is nowhere that says SW shields CAN block ST transporters.
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    Where in ST canon has it said that people don't have midichlorians? Of course since the force works on objects that do not have midichlorians the lack of any outside of SW means absolutely nothing.

    However since ST is from Earth and ET is from SW Galaxy and the Federations homeworld is Earth then i guess your just hownling becuase you can sense the reaming that is coming.

    It doesn't need to say doesn't have it merely requires they fail to mention. If it's not mentioned then it doesn't exist.

    Further...Star Trek is based on our reality not Star Wars reality.
    You're reaching pretty far up the colon for this one.... Scotty....DON'T!

  14. #11434
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,611
    Scott is going to need a colonectomy after pulling this next round of bullshit out his ass...

  15. #11435
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by USS Enterprise-B View Post
    Dude! SW canon does NOT, I say NOT overide ST canon!!!

    Just because you can't accept the idea that you couldn't use you're "allmighty" force powers doesn't mean you can make up shit!

    We've been over this before. Get used to it.

    This f*cking shit about elliot having medichlorians is total bullshit! How hard is it to get through that thick skull of yours that you can't overide ST (or any other canon)?!?
    I only have time for 1 post today. Okay, where did it ever say in Star Trek " There are no midicorians. " or say there is no midicorians directly? No. Plus the only midiclorian needed is the user's for sensing ships, they don't need the enemy to have midicorians. Plus they can use the force because they have a large number of midicorians, not because of they simply have midicorians. Jedi can use force attacks. And you don't need the enemy to have midicorians to use force attacks either and you don't need everybody to have midicorians. You said that the Federation can transport midicorians, thats wrong, there are 5,000 midicorians per cell for a Jedi. And they can sense the transporters powering up, so they can move. The Ewoks are helped by the top Rebel commando team Regrenade Squdron in the battle and if Chewie never got in the AT-ST the Rebels would of been owned. You need to learn what Battle Meld and Battle Meditation does.

  16. #11436
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by USS Enterprise-B View Post
    You say, but we've gone over the info many, many times. ST sheilds are superior in almost every way. Sorry Tee-dubya.

    And there is nowhere that says SW shields CAN block ST transporters.
    Too can play. If never said in Star Trek that tractor beams can stop hyperdrives to jump to lightspeed or block turbolasers and Metallic Crystal Phase Shifters.

  17. #11437
    It's not necessary to stop the hyperdrive...all that's need is to stop the jump into Hyperspace. It is canon that Star Trek Tractors stop ships attempting to travel at light speed.

    Do you deny that it is canon that Star wars ships jump to lightspeed?
    Here is another opportunity for you to prove your case SJ.

  18. #11438
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    I only have time for 1 post today. Okay, where did it ever say in Star Trek " There are no midicorians. " or say there is no midicorians directly? No. Plus the only midiclorian needed is the user's for sensing ships, they don't need the enemy to have midicorians. Plus they can use the force because they have a large number of midicorians, not because of they simply have midicorians. Jedi can use force attacks. And you don't need the enemy to have midicorians to use force attacks either and you don't need everybody to have midicorians. You said that the Federation can transport midicorians, thats wrong, there are 5,000 midicorians per cell for a Jedi. And they can sense the transporters powering up, so they can move. The Ewoks are helped by the top Rebel commando team Regrenade Squdron in the battle and if Chewie never got in the AT-ST the Rebels would of been owned. You need to learn what Battle Meld and Battle Meditation does.
    In Star Trek what is seen on screen is what is canon. Simple Logic. If no one said that Trek has midichlorians then to say there are is simple a non canon statement.

  19. #11439
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
    It's not necessary to stop the hyperdrive...all that's need is to stop the jump into Hyperspace. It is canon that Star Trek Tractors stop ships attempting to travel at light speed.

    Do you deny that it is canon that Star wars ships jump to lightspeed?
    Here is another opportunity for you to prove your case SJ.
    I will post the text form the book Fury later, I have to find it and do my homework. I am willing to say that ships have to go outside the hanger to go to hyperspace.

  20. #11440
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
    In Star Trek what is seen on screen is what is canon. Simple Logic. If no one said that Trek has midichlorians then to say there are is simple a non canon statement.
    They don't need the enemy to have midicorians, as I have explained above. Only the user need midicorians.

Similar Threads

  1. By Fettman in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 10-18-11, 02:02 PM
    Replies: 33
  2. By USS Athens in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-16-10, 04:47 PM
    Replies: 291
  3. By superstring01 in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-11-10, 01:57 PM
    Replies: 60
  4. By Orleander in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 07-11-09, 08:33 PM
    Replies: 27
  5. By Asguard in forum Computer Science & Culture
    Last Post: 09-13-08, 02:15 AM
    Replies: 0

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •