View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

51 7.61%
  • Farscape

14 2.09%
  • Dune

54 8.06%
  • Stargate

39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

That which cannot be known Kittamaru's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    Centerpoint doesn't fire missiles, it creats a gravitational field that can crush a whole star system into the size of the whole UK. Galaxy Gun fire shielded missiles, and they are very fast, it is a hyperspace missile. Centerpoint can just crush the Star Trek fleets.
    Uhm... no, they can't.

Gravitational fields are easily counterable in Trek... eg, Trek ships can easily fly into, and out of, a BLACK HOLE.

You do not get gravitational fields more powerful than that... PERIOD.

So, count Centerpoint out.

Most superweapons take out a planet in one shot, or a star system. They just fire the Centerpoint on Sector 001. Here you go Earth and Mars is destroyed.
    Again, 1) They'd have to know where those planets are
    2) They'd need to be able to USE Centerpoint
    3) THey'd have to be able to penetrate the planetary shielding (not likely as a small SCOUT starships shields can withstand a BLACK HOLE)
    4) They'd have to do all this without Centerpoint being found and blown back to the stone age!

Jedi, here's the thing:

Gravity based weapons (including your tractor beams, Centerpoint, etc) will NOT work as Trek ship shields can EASILY withstand the most powerful gravitational force possible - a black hole.

Kinetic based weapons probably wouldn't work very well to begin with

Plasma based weapons wouldn't work as Voyager and the Ent-D have BOTH taken SuperNova's to the face at near point blank range with minimal damage

Ion weapons we won't even go into the folly of trying to use those.

Missiles will be destroyed by a shot from 2 emitters on the primary phaser strips equaling the firepower of your average light turbo laser... that's 2 out of, oh, around 700 emitters.

You see the problem Jedi?

アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    Uhm... no, they can't.

Gravitational fields are easily counterable in Trek... eg, Trek ships can easily fly into, and out of, a BLACK HOLE.

You do not get gravitational fields more powerful than that... PERIOD.

So, count Centerpoint out.
    Yes they can, when they are firing at full power. Centerpoint's gravitational fields are many times more powerful then a blackhole, scince it can't destroy a star system in a second. When did they ever fly into a blackhole?

Again, 1) They'd have to know where those planets are
    2) They'd need to be able to USE Centerpoint
    3) THey'd have to be able to penetrate the planetary shielding (not likely as a small SCOUT starships shields can withstand a BLACK HOLE)
    4) They'd have to do all this without Centerpoint being found and blown back to the stone age!
    1) They will find out, they can have spies in the Federation
    2) They can use Centerpoint, it is operational for a long time
    3) They never demonstrated that ability, plus it is many times more powerful then a blackhole
    4) No Star Trek shielding is terrible, even the Falcon flown into a blackhole cluster
    5) Star Trek firepower is terrible compared to Star Wars

Jedi, here's the thing:

Gravity based weapons (including your tractor beams, Centerpoint, etc) will NOT work as Trek ship shields can EASILY withstand the most powerful gravitational force possible - a black hole.
    Again never demonstrated it, Star Trek can barly surrive in a neutron star. Centerpoint is more powerful then a blackhole

Plasma based weapons wouldn't work as Voyager and the Ent-D have BOTH taken SuperNova's to the face at near point blank range with minimal damage
    They never did, Voyager surrived with the help of a Q. There is no other demonstrations of that ability.

Ion weapons we won't even go into the folly of trying to use those.
    Again, they are also plasma weapons.
    Missiles will be destroyed by a shot from 2 emitters on the primary phaser strips equaling the firepower of your average light turbo laser... that's 2 out of, oh, around 700 emitters.
    Not even close of 700. Anyways, they don't often use missiles.

You see the problem Jedi?
    No, but I do see your lying problem, is worse then what you described of TW Scott by a hundred times.

Very Special Senior Member USS Athens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
    If it couldn't be done by the death Star then there really is no superweapon. Show me the weapon that is still around today...the weapon with with many kills...show me the unbeatable weapon and I will call that a SUPERweapon...othewise there just stupid weapons....waste of time and resources.
    Yes, why didn't they make the 2nd death star smaller than the first, I heard it was bigger.

And more to the EU debate, Lucas said there is no story after Ep. VI, if there really is movie canon and sub-movie canon as you say... Then all of those EU books contradict that statement (which is film canon).

Quote Originally Posted by USS Enterprise-B View Post
    Yes, why didn't they make the 2nd death star smaller than the first, I heard it was bigger.

And more to the EU debate, Lucas said there is no story after Ep. VI, if there really is movie canon and sub-movie canon as you say... Then all of those EU books contradict that statement (which is film canon).
    That is not an offical statment besides, there is no movie after Ep. VI, but the Saga contiunes acroding to this statment also by George Lucas.

"After Star Wars was released, it became apparent that my story—however many films it took to tell—was only one of thousands that could be told about the characters who inhabit its galaxy. But these were not stories I was destined to tell. Instead they would spring from the imagination of other writers, inspired by the glimpse of a galaxy that Star Wars provided. Today it is an amazing, if unexpected, legacy of Star Wars that so many gifted writers are contributing new stories to the Saga." - George Lucas
    And he said himself he is mainly in charge of the movies and not EU, he is involved in the planning but not the detail. Acording to the interview section of Unifying Force. And here is another qoute.

"Part of the job of the director is to sort of keep everything in line, and I can do that in the movies—but I can't do it on the whole Star Wars universe." -George Lucas in 1991 issue of Star Wars Insider

That is not an offical statment besides, there is no movie after Ep. VI, but the Saga contiunes acroding to this statment also by George Lucas.
    Yes it is.

I'll have to find the quote.

voaager can survive being trapped in a balck hole-ish thing

Quote Originally Posted by Memory Alpha
    Investigating an apparent distress call, Voyager becomes trapped inside the event horizon of a quantum singularity.
    http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Parallax_%28episode%29

no super nova impacts though

Praxillus was the primary star of the Praxillus system. It went Nova in 2367.

The USS Enterprise-D arrived at Praxillus on stardate 44087.5 in order for Doctor Timicin of Kaelon II to conduct a helium fusion experiment to revitalize the star. Praxillus was chosen because it was so similar to the Kaelon sun. It was Timicin's hope that, if successful, the same process could be used to save the Kaelon sun.

Several modified photon torpedoes were launched at the sun that were directed at the stellar core meant to ignited there. At first, the experiment seemed to work and the sun's tempearture was rising from 60 million to the desired 220 million Kelvin. Unfortunately, the temperature kept rising, and nuclear fusion in the star's core went out of control and the experiment failed, forcing the Enterprise to leave the system at warp two as Praxillus went nova. (TNG: "Half a Life")
    Ent-D had to escape...

Actually it is an offical statement it is documented and on file.

I don't know...you thinking losing millions of soliders would put a dent in that sort of thinking.

And with that being true, it nullifies the rest of his post.

I don't know...you thinking losing millions of soliders would put a dent in that sort of thinking.
    Not only that, but when technology progresses, it gets smaller.

Correct?

And it is simply more logical to build something smaller with equal firepower.

Centerpoint, and Superlasers. The rest were destroyed in various ways.

They will never learn how to make them, first it is seal and if you try to cut the outside it would explode. They can never get their hands on a Star Wars ship. Soons as they realize their losing, they jump to hyperspace.
    That's illogical.
    It is a matter of strategy not possibilities.
    Trek has cloak, energy dampening fields, drain weapons and a amazing amount of firepower, not to mention tractor beams. A small shuttle is all one would need. A tractor beam could easily prevent a Star Wars shuttle from making the jump to light speed and entering hyperspace....Even a fighter.

I don't think you thought that statement through.

Correct?

Star Wars is the ultimate cliche for superweapons and bad vs good guys.
    Superweapons will always be supper large and extraordinarily easy to destroy. Which cancels out the super....

That's illogical.
    It is a matter of strategy not possibilities.
    Trek has cloak, energy dampening fields, drain weapons and a amazing amount of firepower, not to mention tractor beams. A small shuttle is all one would need. A tractor beam could easily prevent a Star Wars shuttle from making the jump to light speed and entering hyperspace....Even a fighter.

I don't think you thought that statement through.
    who needs a tractor beam, just beam the bloody thing into a cargo bay.

Imagine the look on the Imperials faces when their CAP starts disappearing into the cargo bays of the cloaked Romulan fleet

Actually it is an offical statement it is documented and on file.
    He was not declearing that EU is not canon. Neither did he say EU is not canon directly.

And with that being true, it nullifies the rest of his post.
    I have qoutes that countered your statment.

Correct?

It is only 4 years, and DS I takes 24 hours to recharge but DS II only take a few minuts.