View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

    227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

    285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

    51 7.61%
  • Farscape

    14 2.09%
  • Dune

    54 8.06%
  • Stargate

    39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

  1. #11181
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,550
    I give up on this fucking idiot...

    Creators ST doesn't have BORG? Or 8472? Uh, excuse ME, but Star Trek, as a SERIES, includes:

    TOS, TNG, DS9, Voy, Ent

    Those are all direct from Paramount, who was given explicate permission by Gene to do as they wished. Upon his death, creative rights passed to PARAMOUNT.

    Until Lucas dies and makes the fanboys like yourself the one in charge, tough shit. You loose. End. Fine'.

  2. #11182
    Minister of Technology
    Posts
    4,149
    Quote Originally Posted by antaran_1979 View Post
    that is not an example of anti-cloaking technology.
    Actually as we have seen every cloaked vessel still reacts to and produced it's own gravity it sure as hell is.
    Last edited by TW Scott; 05-03-08 at 07:15 PM.

  3. #11183
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,550
    Scott, you are active... answer my damn post you dimwitted fool... or concede that you have lost.

    I'd like you to quote ONE example of him "backing it up" with more than supposition...

    We have provided cold hard FACTS stating the opposite...

    Good example: Neutronium

    Star Trek Neutronium is immune to phasers/torpedoes/transporters/sensors
    Star Trek Neutronium is found naturally ONLY in the core of a Neutron Star
    Star Trek Neutronium is SUPERDENSE to the point a teaspoon of it dropped on your head would CRUSH YOU
    Star Trek Neutronium DETERIORATES outside of the immense gravity of a Neutron Star without some powerful way to hold it together (Dyson Sphere, Doomsday machines)
    Star Trek Neutronium: Exists in an environment that would crush a human being to a pulp
    Star Trek Neutronium is impervious to stellar debris, and can withstand impact with planets (Yes, if a Neutron Star hit a planet, bye bye planet...)

    Star Wars "neutronium" is supposedly used in Durasteel
    Star Wars "neutronium" was found on a moon that Han Solo was able to WALK ON
    Star Wars "neutronium", Han was able to pick up a decent sized chunk of without effort
    Star Wars "neutronium" is not impervious to stellar debris like Asteroids

    Star Wars "neutronium", thus, is NOT Star Trek Neutronium. Thus, Star Wars "neutronium" cannot be said to be impervious to phasers/sensors/et al because we have no idea WHAT the hell it really is! As it's weak enough for a hand blaster (that only singes human flesh) to SCORCH, we can doubly confirm this fact.

    There, that is a PROOF. Read it. Weep. Hate me more. But you LOOSE. GOOD DAY SIR!

  4. #11184
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,550
    Oirginally Posted by Kittamaru
    Originally Posted by TW Scott
    Okay, to effectively destroy a palnet takes a level of firepower almost unimaginable. Just to break up the gravitational binding energy you would have to provide as the total power as our sun outputs in seven years. Now that is for a slow breakup that could take days. For a faster one like Alderaan it takes much more.

    However in "The Omega Directive" Harry Kim's comment was made in a joking manner. Even if that was not true the fact that we never see it destroy the planet puts lie to his statement. Remember dialog means nothing without visuals to back it up.
    Also, you just shot yourself in the face:

    You just made ALL your EU obsolete- I want visuals to back up EVERY STATEMENT you take from EU. NOW. Or we shall, simply, disregard them!

    I plan to post this every time you try to screw around until:

    A) you rescind this statement

    or

    B) you disregard ALL of EU.
    Answer this scott... if you dare

  5. #11185
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
    So it didn't actually happen.
    It was mentioned and only mentioned in Manuals and not in stories.
    Okay...
    Yes it did, I have a list of books that inclued Errant Venture, you find it I forgot.

    X-wing: The Bacta War
    X-wing: Isard's Revenge
    I, Jedi
    Specter of the Past
    Vision of the Future
    Star Wars: Union
    Survivor's Quest
    Edge of Victory I: Conquest
    Edge of Victory II: Rebirth
    Star by Star
    Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream
    Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand
    Destiny's Way
    The Final Prophecy
    The Unifying Force
    Exile
    Fury




    It's not really important what you call it SJ.
    Distraction is very important.





    You're saying that the Commander of the Executor went into a fleet battle and purposely left everyshield unpowered but the Bridge shields?
    Fascinating.
    Overestimation, it is a usual charateristic in Imperial commanders


    A spontaneous nuclear transformation (radioactivity) characterized by the emission of energy and mass from the nucleus of the atom

    Fission which is used in vessels such as in Carriers and Nuclear submarines
    Concussion missiles use Hypermatter which is not matter.

    I have to overrule you. The EU specificly says lasers.
    It also have the same charaterstics as blaster bolts execpt it is stronger.

  6. #11186
    Minister of Technology
    Posts
    4,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    I give up on this fucking idiot...

    Creators ST doesn't have BORG? Or 8472? Uh, excuse ME, but Star Trek, as a SERIES, includes:

    TOS, TNG, DS9, Voy, Ent

    Those are all direct from Paramount, who was given explicate permission by Gene to do as they wished. Upon his death, creative rights passed to PARAMOUNT.

    Until Lucas dies and makes the fanboys like yourself the one in charge, tough shit. You loose. End. Fine'.
    Hey idiot, it's just proof you can't play the creator card. Lucas has said specifically that he only controls the movies and they are only part of the universe. The movie is Lucas's story set in this wide open universe. He let's Lucasfilm Ltd decide what's canon for everything except his movies. So this is no different than what Paramount now does for gene, except George was smart enough to do it while he is still breathing.

    For once and all, if ST people claim that George said this or George said that point out we can go by the strictest thing Gene said if we want. If they want to ignore how George lets Lucasfilm handle canon then they must ignore how Gene handed control over to two very specific people at Paramount. What cripples one side muct be applied to the other.

  7. #11187
    I don't think Scott will answer you.
    He must know this is true. He already knows the facts because he's been told many time before.

    If he were to make the same reasonable acertations concerning the "laser" issue with Star Wars he'd be able to immediately objectively recognize the problem with relating these to metals as similar. Yet, on this occasion he's acting as though this isn't the same class of misnomer which motivated him to cancel canon from George Lucas and assign the word "laser" to many anything but a laser.

    It's a contradiction in thinking commonly known as hipocrisy.

  8. #11188
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    Scott, you are active... answer my damn post you dimwitted fool... or concede that you have lost.

    I'd like you to quote ONE example of him "backing it up" with more than supposition...

    We have provided cold hard FACTS stating the opposite...
    I have plenty of times. I provided proof for swamp troopers, and more. EU is canon, I proved this plenty of times. Scott, it is no use to argue with Kittamaru, he keep posting the same crap that people disproved plenty of times.

  9. #11189
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    Hey idiot, it's just proof you can't play the creator card. Lucas has said specifically that he only controls the movies and they are only part of the universe. The movie is Lucas's story set in this wide open universe. He let's Lucasfilm Ltd decide what's canon for everything except his movies. So this is no different than what Paramount now does for gene, except George was smart enough to do it while he is still breathing.

    For once and all, if ST people claim that George said this or George said that point out we can go by the strictest thing Gene said if we want. If they want to ignore how George lets Lucasfilm handle canon then they must ignore how Gene handed control over to two very specific people at Paramount. What cripples one side muct be applied to the other.
    Thank you, somebody finally said it.

  10. #11190
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
    I don't think Scott will answer you.
    He must know this is true. He already knows the facts because he's been told many time before.

    If he were to make the same reasonable acertations concerning the "laser" issue with Star Wars he'd be able to immediately objectively recognize the problem with relating these to metals as similar. Yet, on this occasion he's acting as though this isn't the same class of misnomer which motivated him to cancel canon from George Lucas and assign the word "laser" to many anything but a laser.

    It's a contradiction in thinking commonly known as hipocrisy.
    Then why it is also called Blaster Cannon?
    Same things diffrent names.

  11. #11191
    Minister of Technology
    Posts
    4,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    Answer this scott... if you dare
    Easy, since EU came with no visuals I do not have to provide them. I would make the same statement for any episode of Star Trek that that did not contain any visuals.

    Geez one would think you could do better.

    I will also point out that a typical Photon torpedo is ~20 isotons. Planets have been hit with dozens of them with no apreciable effect. Riker once commented that it would take every Torpedo the Enterprise D had to destroy a 5km hollow asteroid. Then we are supposed to believe 84 isotons is enough to destroy a planet. Yeah, right. I knew you ST debaters were desperate , but damn.
    Last edited by TW Scott; 05-03-08 at 07:16 PM.

  12. #11192
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    Yes it did, I have a list of books that inclued Errant Venture, you find it I forgot.

    X-wing: The Bacta War
    X-wing: Isard's Revenge
    I, Jedi
    Specter of the Past
    Vision of the Future
    Star Wars: Union
    Survivor's Quest
    Edge of Victory I: Conquest
    Edge of Victory II: Rebirth
    Star by Star
    Enemy Lines I: Rebel Dream
    Enemy Lines II: Rebel Stand
    Destiny's Way
    The Final Prophecy
    The Unifying Force

    Exile
    Fury
    The books I've highlighted blue I have read.
    They included the Errant Venture but not the firepower statements that you are claiming as Trek Worthy.





    Distraction is very important.
    It is a tactic.
    Yet irrelevant to the discussion of firepower.


    Overestimation, it is a usual charateristic in Imperial commanders
    Overestimating an opponent means to assign them greater abilites than is necessary. You might mean Underestimating. Overestimating is never used in relation to one's one abilities. The appropriate word would be Over Confident or Arrogant.



    Concussion missiles use Hypermatter which is not matter.
    I require source work for that statement.


    It also have the same charaterstics as blaster bolts execpt it is stronger.

    How is that important as regards to what the weapon is labeled?

  13. #11193
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    Then why it is also called Blaster Cannon?
    Same things diffrent names.
    Where is a laser called a blaster cannon?

  14. #11194
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post

    You need heavy weapons to take down an ISD.


    A crash in the bridge. They only had their bridge shields on in the battle.
    The bridge shields were the only shields that were on.[/QUOTE]

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGMva...eature=related

    ~8:20 2 fighters destroy a large dome on the executer's bridge with "lasers", iright afterward a crew member announces the shield is down... then it gets hit by the A-wing, and crashes. The question of course is... how were they able to shoot the dome if the shields were up before that... and why did they go down afterwards.


    http://www.theforce.net/SWTC/towers.html

    Fighters are clearly capable of more than harrasing an ISD... other wise they either wouldn't be used or the destroyer wouldn't be concerned about them.

    I'm not sure we've seen a concussion missile in action (on screen).. can you point me in the direction of one? only missiles i can really think of are the attack on the ds1 (proton torpedoes) and in the phantom menace when the shield generator in the trade fed battleships hanger gets destroyed (unspecified projectile or pulse(?) weapon, which was a pretty unimpressive detonation)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6eVw8CIKns

    ~0:50

  15. #11195
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    Thank you, somebody finally said it.
    Don't jump on that ban wagon, SJ.
    Scott is wrong.
    Lucas controls everything. He dictates and delegates everything. The company is called Lucasfilm.

    Star Trek is owned by Paramount. It will always be Paramount unless Paramount sells it. The company is called Paramount Studios not...Roddenberry Studios. Roddenberr may have been the creator but he doesn't get 100% say over his work like Lucas does.

    That is a big difference.

  16. #11196
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
    I require source work for that statement.
    Some are hypermatter some are weird elements.





    How is that important as regards to what the weapon is labeled?
    It is not truly laser.

  17. #11197
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
    Where is a laser called a blaster cannon?
    Too many to list.
    Edit: Yuuzhan Vong Hunter laser cannons are called blater cannons, so is AT-AT's and AT-STs.

  18. #11198
    Quote Originally Posted by Flectarn View Post
    The bridge shields were the only shields that were on.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGMva...eature=related

    ~8:20 2 fighters destroy a large dome on the executer's bridge with "lasers", iright afterward a crew member announces the shield is down... then it gets hit by the A-wing, and crashes. The question of course is... how were they able to shoot the dome if the shields were up before that... and why did they go down afterwards.


    http://www.theforce.net/SWTC/towers.html

    Fighters are clearly capable of more than harrasing an ISD... other wise they either wouldn't be used or the destroyer wouldn't be concerned about them.

    I'm not sure we've seen a concussion missile in action (on screen).. can you point me in the direction of one? only missiles i can really think of are the attack on the ds1 (proton torpedoes) and in the phantom menace when the shield generator in the trade fed battleships hanger gets destroyed (unspecified projectile or pulse(?) weapon, which was a pretty unimpressive detonation)

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6eVw8CIKns

    ~0:50[/QUOTE]

    Good points Flectarn.
    SJ, this is why harrasment tactics are irrelevant to the conversation. I struggle to understand why you bring it up. Obviously this was not harrasment.

    A concussion missle is seen being fired by the Falcon to destroy the Death Star reactor.

  19. #11199
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    Too many to list.
    Edit: Yuuzhan Vong Hunter laser cannons are called blater cannons, so is AT-AT's and AT-STs.
    yuuzahn Vong don't use technology

    AT's and AT-STs are only called Blasters in the EU and the movies never say.

  20. #11200
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,550
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    I have plenty of times. I provided proof for swamp troopers, and more. EU is canon, I proved this plenty of times. Scott, it is no use to argue with Kittamaru, he keep posting the same crap that people disproved plenty of times.
    I'm NOT ASKING YOU

    GodDAMN kid, shut up already!

Similar Threads

  1. By Fettman in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 10-18-11, 02:02 PM
    Replies: 33
  2. By USS Athens in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-16-10, 04:47 PM
    Replies: 291
  3. By superstring01 in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-11-10, 01:57 PM
    Replies: 60
  4. By Orleander in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 07-11-09, 08:33 PM
    Replies: 27
  5. By Asguard in forum Computer Science & Culture
    Last Post: 09-13-08, 02:15 AM
    Replies: 0

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •