View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

    227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

    285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

    51 7.61%
  • Farscape

    14 2.09%
  • Dune

    54 8.06%
  • Stargate

    39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

  1. #10681
    Registered Senior Member antaran_1979's Avatar
    Posts
    1,447
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    Actually that was the SOTA flagship of the Federation, and a Captain's Yacht, which is equivalent to a runabout, also SOTA at the moment. it was also classified as WEAK ion storm. It still does not dispute the facts of "Who Mourns for Morn."
    as said that was no yacht lad, it was a shuttle.

  2. #10682
    Valued Senior Member Hellblade8's Avatar
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    That was not the Captains Yacht... the Sovereign captains yacht has warp nacelles that fold out... watch Insurrection again.
    I know that.

  3. #10683
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,839
    I know, just dissing on TW Crazyman

  4. #10684
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    Are you stupid or are you just trying to piss me off?

    I'm making reference to the fact that they couldn't hit the damn fighters!

    An X-Wing is FAR smaller than the Ent-E... but the Ent-E is over a thousand times faster at sublight!

    Galaxy Gun, Eclipse, Eclipse 2, DS,Sun Crusher - they are all WORTHLESS. You want to know what will happen to them?

    Galaxy Gun - after the first missile is destroyed, they'll reverse-track it's trajectory, find it's point of origin, and vaporize the launch platform with a tri-cobalt strike.

    Eclipse 1 and 2 - these babies will fall to their proverbial knees under a hail of phaser, disruptor, and torpedo fire. If this isn't enough, they'll call in the big guns - we're talking things like the Heavy Phaser Cannons, Hellbore Cannons, Plasma Torpedoes, etc.

    DS 1 & 2 - these hulking battlestations will be quickly overrun and captured as Trek mass-transports their crews into their brigs, stripping them of weapons, armor, and tools while still in transporter stasis.

    Sun Crusher - will be eaten by a Doomsday Machine

    Plasma cannon out of an Ion cannon... are you on crack? Ion =/= Plasma... in ANY way... I have an ionizer in my truck that cleans the air... does that mean I'm breathing energetic plasma? I sure hope not!

    Ion storms give trek trouble with communications and such simply because of the level of interferance - the signal itself can't punch thru. They can stroll right into them no problem assuming their ship isn't heavily damaged already!

    Now, METRION storms... aheh, they're another story!
    I will argue about the first part later. Ion Cannon shots plasma.

  5. #10685
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    Nice try... but you, cur, do not get to determine what is canon.

    You have to take SOME visuals with a grain of salt... watching a running firefight at .6 the speed of light with weapons that actually went the speed of light would be VERY boring. Thus, they slow it down for cinematic purposes. However, if they SAY on the show, directly, the ship can do .8c on full impulse, then the ship can damn well do .8c on full impulse!
    Thats the same reason why Leia didn't die from the blaster shot in addition to that the shot bouced off from the walls.
    Ha Ha. You just again countered yourself. If they use all their nice weapons in their movies, it would be very boring watching all the heavy guns do the work.

  6. #10686
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    1) Uh, no weak spot... yet a fucking asteroid blew your bridge tower to dust...

    2) Actually, in ST, a lot of times that phasers miss (which, to be honest, is nowhere NEAR as often as you state) is due to them fighting FAR smaller ships and often it's the enemy missing as well! If you haven't noticed, unlike in Star Wars, ships in Trek DO take damage and the damage they take DOES have an effect on their combat ability... if your targetting array gets blown to hell, you have to do it all manually... why you claim Wars can still target without said array blows my mind.

    3) Lucasfilm canon policy is NOT George Lucas canon policy. Follow the master, not his petty servants, you savant.
    I proved from time to time that the ISD is not destroyed.
    If you want proof here it is
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Hoth
    At the Casulties box, it says that 2 star destroyers are disabled, if you look futher, you will find that one is disabled by Ion Cannon fire and one is disbaled by engine damage by the rebels transports. Star Wars do target manuly, and they unlike ST, doesn't substain damage while their shields are on.

  7. #10687
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,839
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    Thats the same reason why Leia didn't die from the blaster shot in addition to that the shot bouced off from the walls.
    Ha Ha. You just again countered yourself. If they use all their nice weapons in their movies, it would be very boring watching all the heavy guns do the work.
    Not so at all - if they don't use their "nice" weapons, it implies they expect their "weak" weapons to do the job, which they don't seem to do. Thus, when the weaker weapons fail, they SHOULD, logically, use the heavier guns. As they don't do that, we must assume they cannot do so for whatever reason.

    That blaster shot DID NOT BOUNCE. I have watched the scene no less than EIGHT times now- it DOES NOT BOUNCE.

    Either it simply grazed her and passed cloth to cloth without hitting skin (a possibility) or the blaster was SERIOUSLY toned down... or the blaster is a pathetic weapon to be of no concern!

  8. #10688
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,839
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    I proved from time to time that the ISD is not destroyed.
    If you want proof here it is
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_Hoth
    At the Casulties box, it says that 2 star destroyers are disabled, if you look futher, you will find that one is disabled by Ion Cannon fire and one is disbaled by engine damage by the rebels transports. Star Wars do target manuly, and they unlike ST, doesn't substain damage while their shields are on.
    That wiki is NOT cannon jedi... and I didn't say it was destroyed, but the bridge tower is, quite OBVIOUSLY, gone! You cannot say you can't tell that by looking at it!
    Trek ships do not often sustain damage while their shields are up- the problem is, though, that Trek shields also defend against KINETIC energy. Thus, the SHIELD GENERATORS must resist sheering forces. As we've seen time and again, Star Wars shields often let physical objects pass unhindered... so they do not have this sheering to compensate for. You smack a Trek ship with an asteroid, and the ship WILL sustain damage, but it will be largely intact.

  9. #10689
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    Not so at all - if they don't use their "nice" weapons, it implies they expect their "weak" weapons to do the job, which they don't seem to do. Thus, when the weaker weapons fail, they SHOULD, logically, use the heavier guns. As they don't do that, we must assume they cannot do so for whatever reason.

    That blaster shot DID NOT BOUNCE. I have watched the scene no less than EIGHT times now- it DOES NOT BOUNCE.

    Either it simply grazed her and passed cloth to cloth without hitting skin (a possibility) or the blaster was SERIOUSLY toned down... or the blaster is a pathetic weapon to be of no concern!
    The Imperials their big guns because they don't need them in their opinion because they overestimate themselves ( but not Grand Admiral Thrawn and General Tagge )
    Blaster bolts do bounce off blast doors ( I mean blaster rifle and blaster pistol ), the blaster shot might have grazed her, but that is no direct hit acording to the place she got the cut, I can show you proof once I got the link where antaran 1979 got his pictures from.
    Republic did use heavy guns, and so did CIS.

  10. #10690
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    That wiki is NOT cannon jedi... and I didn't say it was destroyed, but the bridge tower is, quite OBVIOUSLY, gone! You cannot say you can't tell that by looking at it!
    Trek ships do not often sustain damage while their shields are up- the problem is, though, that Trek shields also defend against KINETIC energy. Thus, the SHIELD GENERATORS must resist sheering forces. As we've seen time and again, Star Wars shields often let physical objects pass unhindered... so they do not have this sheering to compensate for. You smack a Trek ship with an asteroid, and the ship WILL sustain damage, but it will be largely intact.
    If the bridge is destroyed, the ISD will explode in a shot time. It is not gone because all three captains are present afterwards, except the ones disabled. You can check the sources of the infomation, and what do you call C-Canon?

  11. #10691
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,839
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    The Imperials their big guns because they don't need them in their opinion because they overestimate themselves ( but not Grand Admiral Thrawn and General Tagge )
    Blaster bolts do bounce off blast doors ( I mean blaster rifle and blaster pistol ), the blaster shot might have grazed her, but that is no direct hit acording to the place she got the cut, I can show you proof once I got the link where antaran 1979 got his pictures from.
    Republic did use heavy guns, and so did CIS.
    Watch the scene... going by the angle of attack, that was a DIRECT hit.

    And you keep contradicting yourself... how can they overestimate themselves when they START LOOSING? That is the point, as they loose ships, they should use these invisible, mysterious big guns!

  12. #10692
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Please don't make me get into the canon issue again.
    Do you deny the films and Clone Wars?

  13. #10693
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,839
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    If the bridge is destroyed, the ISD will explode in a shot time. It is not gone because all three captains are present afterwards, except the ones disabled. You can check the sources of the infomation, and what do you call C-Canon?
    Uh... no.

    Movie overrides all other canon.

    And if the entire SHIP would explode just because the bridge is gone... do NOT get me started on poor design!

    Of course, by that logic, that means the Executor would have blown itself up... or do ISD's not have a secondary bridge as Scott likes to claim?

    If this is true, Trek ships have a HUGE advantage - full DECKS of the ship can be destroyed and it is still at least partially operational!

  14. #10694
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    Watch the scene... going by the angle of attack, that was a DIRECT hit.

    And you keep contradicting yourself... how can they overestimate themselves when they START LOOSING? That is the point, as they loose ships, they should use these invisible, mysterious big guns!
    Watch the films, the Imperials always overestimate themselves.

  15. #10695
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,839
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    Do you deny the films and Clone Wars?
    No, we are basing our findings FROM the films! The films and clone wars DISPUTE what the books are trying to claim!

  16. #10696
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,839
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    Watch the films, the Imperials always overestimate themselves.
    Are you hopeless... or just trying to irritate me?

    ONCE YOU START TO LOOSE, OVERESTIMATING BECOMES A NON PROBLEM. You will, and I repeat, WILL use any force necessary to LIVE.

    Unless your crews are THAT incompetent, which means Star Trek would EASILY overwhelm Star Wars because of this overestimation!

  17. #10697
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    Uh... no.

    Movie overrides all other canon.

    And if the entire SHIP would explode just because the bridge is gone... do NOT get me started on poor design!

    Of course, by that logic, that means the Executor would have blown itself up... or do ISD's not have a secondary bridge as Scott likes to claim?

    If this is true, Trek ships have a HUGE advantage - full DECKS of the ship can be destroyed and it is still at least partially operational!
    It can explode, but they have to be quick to eject the bridge to not explode.

  18. #10698
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    Are you hopeless... or just trying to irritate me?

    ONCE YOU START TO LOOSE, OVERESTIMATING BECOMES A NON PROBLEM. You will, and I repeat, WILL use any force necessary to LIVE.

    Unless your crews are THAT incompetent, which means Star Trek would EASILY overwhelm Star Wars because of this overestimation!
    Only the Galactic Empire, again the Remnants don't overestimate. First, they they thought the DS can take care of everything. Second, they have good odds, they outnumber and outgun the rebels, they thought they can overwhelm the rebels. Third, they lost hope when Palpatine and Thrawn died.

  19. #10699
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    No, we are basing our findings FROM the films! The films and clone wars DISPUTE what the books are trying to claim!
    So all the Republic and CIS warships I talked about is Canon.

  20. #10700
    Valued Senior Member Hellblade8's Avatar
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    Do you deny the films and Clone Wars?
    Then prove they are what you claim, because I haven't heard of them.

Similar Threads

  1. By Fettman in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 10-18-11, 02:02 PM
    Replies: 33
  2. By USS Athens in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-16-10, 04:47 PM
    Replies: 291
  3. By superstring01 in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-11-10, 01:57 PM
    Replies: 60
  4. By Orleander in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 07-11-09, 08:33 PM
    Replies: 27
  5. By Asguard in forum Computer Science & Culture
    Last Post: 09-13-08, 02:15 AM
    Replies: 0

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •