View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

51 7.61%
  • Farscape

14 2.09%
  • Dune

54 8.06%
  • Stargate

39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    They can steal infomation on how to stop transporters. They rain Ion Cannon and light turbolaser from 10 Star Destroyers on a UFP starship, board it, then take it over. They will send they spacetroopers to break a big enough hole, then get in, Republic spacetroopers have either DC-15/A Blaster Rifles or Blaster Chainguns, they are all very fast weapons. If that somehow didn't work, they send Jedi down to Earth, pretend to be a normal civilian and check the libaries. If they don't have that kind of infomation in their libaries, they will try to enter Starfleet acadmy ( as a civilian ). Don't tell me that they are too old, because Skywalker is 19 yrs old, and there are many young jedi apprentices and jedi knights. When they granduate ( Skywalker will probably graduate very fast, because he is a Jedi High General, the best mechanic in the Jedi Order, the best Starfighter pilot in the galaxy, he have very quick reflexes, and many more advantages and Skywalker will probably graduate with many honors ), they use Mind Affect on the Admirals, so they can be assigned to the same ship, there will be about a hundred Jedi on the ship, with lightsabers, the force and the Federation assigned phasers, they will take the ship over, then hack it's computers.

Very Special Senior Member USS Athens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fox Anderson View Post
    Oh Side note. Why do so many people seem to like the idea of a galaxy that is not our own going and taking over our own galaxy?
    I know!!!

This is directed mainly at Skywalkerjedi.

Okay I will answer it. I won't even care if Earth is destroyed, if I am invited to join the Jedi Order ,it might be possible, they might teach me to use a lightsaber or the force. I rather live on Coruscant then in Star Trek Earth. The Republic is simply better then the Federation. have you read my post on thread Galactic Republic vs United Federation of Planets? If you did you will know why. The Federation will fall. I much rather live in the Jedi Temple, then in the best place in the UFP. If you ask other Star Wars debaters ( expect TW Scott ) they much rather live on Coruscant.

Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    Because they didn't fire. The Death Star blast didn't miss, they hit another Mon Calmiri Crusier.
    Couldn't fire? What do you mean? In the images we clearly see ISD weapons fire missing the Mon Calmari cruiser. The Cruiser returns fire dead on and destroys the ISD...

You know...There is no way in hell that crap could track a Federation vessel...
    I'm sorry that distance is the equivalent of point blank range.

Quote Originally Posted by USS Enterprise-B View Post
    I know!!!

This is directed mainly at Skywalkerjedi.
    I know...But that' how in love with the Star Wars world some are they actually are entertaining an evil empire taking over Earth. An empire modeled after the Nazis regime.

Go figure...

Quote Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
    I know...But that' how in love with the Star Wars world some are they actually are entertaining an evil empire taking over Earth. An empire modeled after the Nazis regime.

Go figure...
    I like the Republic not the Empire.

Quote Originally Posted by USS Enterprise-B View Post
    Here's what Memory Alpha has to say.

Isoton

Well Blow me down....690 GIGA Tons in a photon torpedo?! Looks like my figures from the 5,000,000,000 ISTON yeild across a solar system isolated to a torpedo was indeed on the mark...

Quote Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
    Couldn't fire? What do you mean? In the images we clearly see ISD weapons fire missing the Mon Calmari cruiser. The Cruiser returns fire dead on and destroys the ISD...

You know...There is no way in hell that crap could track a Federation vessel...
    I'm sorry that distance is the equivalent of point blank range.
    What about Palpatine's order's then. Do you mind showing me that picture again please?
    They can fire concussion missiles with 10 Seismic Charge and 10 Thermal Dentonators tie on to it. That will destroy a Federation vessle.

Minister of Technology
    What on earth is a trench gun? It never vaporized the astroid, it blasted it to tiny peices ( I mean as small as dust ).
    Trench gun is just a term used for point defense weapon. Meaning some of the least powerful weapons on the ship.

As for tha asteroid it certainly was vaporized. Film canon, novelization canon, and EU canon all agree on this. Film takes precedence of course, but there is not one part of canon that even attempts to disagree. That is much like taking what is already set and stone and adding gilded gold.

Okay fine.

Minister of Technology
    Okay apparrantly Kittamaru and Saquist live in a warped reality where apparantly phasers failing to do anything even remotely as powerful as what we see in ESB is proof of their superiority.

Phaser: Takes ten seconds to drill 30,000+ cubic meters through concrete and granite.

Turbolasers: Takes 1/15th of a second to vaporize 30,000+ cubic meters of iron/nickel.

And you can't ST me they were just being slow and careful in Star trek. The computer is quite capable of calculating exactly how long is needed to drill hole with it's phasers. they could have easily allowed the computer to fire a beam that lasts as long as they needed. So ten seconds is EXACTLY as fast as the ships phaser array can drill it's way through 30,000+ cubic meters.

Minister of Technology
    As for Skin of Evil, we are not told how large the planet is so the resulting explsion flash means nothing. Also the Torpedo was targeted on a Long range shuttle, the ones with a mini warp core. So attributing that explosive flash to a Photon Torpedo is just ludicrous.

Registered Senior Member antaran_1979's Avatar
    They didn't fire, thats Palpatine's orders. Home One never fired a shot in the battle, if it did, it is a Mon Calmiri Cruiser vs a Super Star Destroyer.
    are you blind? do i have to round those shots in red circles now?

If it is not avenger, all the ships present at Hoth, execpt the one disabled by Ion Cannons, are present for other battles afterwards.
    you really hate the movies don't ya?

They can steal infomation on how to stop transporters. They rain Ion Cannon and light turbolaser from 10 Star Destroyers on a UFP starship, board it, then take it over. They will send they spacetroopers to break a big enough hole, then get in, Republic spacetroopers have either DC-15/A Blaster Rifles or Blaster Chainguns, they are all very fast weapons. .
    a viable tactic. it might work. they might not be able to access the computer right away but they could take the ship. if the UFP ship does not self destruct there is a chance.

Okay I will answer it. I won't even care if Earth is destroyed, if I am invited to join the Jedi Order ,it might be possible, they might teach me to use a lightsaber or the force. I rather live on Coruscant then in Star Trek Earth. The Republic is simply better then the Federation. have you read my post on thread Galactic Republic vs United Federation of Planets? If you did you will know why. The Federation will fall. I much rather live in the Jedi Temple, then in the best place in the UFP. If you ask other Star Wars debaters ( expect TW Scott ) they much rather live on Coruscant.
    but the republic has fallen on its own

What about Palpatine's order's then. Do you mind showing me that picture again please?
    They can fire concussion missiles with 10 Seismic Charge and 10 Thermal Dentonators tie on to it. That will destroy a Federation vessle.
    Palpatine ordered not to engage, to prevent them from escaping. how were they to prevent them from escaping if the didn't fire? use harsh language? those Calamari would not have been stoped by flack or LTLs. the point of Palpatine was for Luke to wach the slow destruction of the Rebel fleet, either by the DS2 or by the fleet, preferable the former.

Minister of Technology
    Quote Originally Posted by antaran_1979 View Post
    a viable tactic. it might work. they might not be able to access the computer right away but they could take the ship. if the UFP ship does not self destruct there is a chance.
    Actually seeing as how Transporters can barely fuinction under ideal circumstances, their use in battle as anything other than a convenient way to board or lay mines is just not feasible.

Boarding a Federation vessel is easy as 90% of them only move slowly in combat. Only the defiant class seem to move at any real speed in fleet engagements. Also the Federation seems to like to fight in close enough to spit at each other. they can shoot farther, but seem to love it up close.

Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    Okay apparrantly Kittamaru and Saquist live in a warped reality where apparantly phasers failing to do anything even remotely as powerful as what we see in ESB is proof of their superiority.

Phaser: Takes ten seconds to drill 30,000+ cubic meters through concrete and granite.

Turbolasers: Takes 1/15th of a second to vaporize 30,000+ cubic meters of iron/nickel.

And you can't ST me they were just being slow and careful in Star trek. The computer is quite capable of calculating exactly how long is needed to drill hole with it's phasers. they could have easily allowed the computer to fire a beam that lasts as long as they needed. So ten seconds is EXACTLY as fast as the ships phaser array can drill it's way through 30,000+ cubic meters.
    lol, you probably mean 1/15s to blast 900 cubic meters asteroid and then recharge for at least a second.

Minister of Technology
    Quote Originally Posted by antaran_1979 View Post
    Palpatine ordered not to engage, to prevent them from escaping. how were they to prevent them from escaping if the didn't fire? use harsh language? those Calamari would not have been stoped by flack or LTLs. the point of Palpatine was for Luke to wach the slow destruction of the Rebel fleet, either by the DS2 or by the fleet, preferable the former.
    There are such things as tractor beams and gravity well generators. Both of which would stop the Rebels fromk escaping.