View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

51 7.61%
  • Farscape

14 2.09%
  • Dune

54 8.06%
  • Stargate

39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flectarn View Post
    It seems to work both ways actually.
    You win on the translator.

Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    If you are a federation officer, and ARCs are pointing Blaster Chainguns at you and RCs are pointing Rapid blaster rifles and snipers at you. Would you scream like hell or touch your communicators. Most likey you will scream like hell.
    federation officers aren't known for there screaming... most likely they'd try to negotiate. either that or find some cover and start stunning clones

Okay they negotiate, but federation officers aren't known to always suceed, but the Jedi Order is always willing to listen at all times, it is a part of the Jedi Code. The Federation species might accidently attack the Star Destoryers and BOOM, the Republic will think the federation might be declearing a war on them.

i don't think we've ever seen the federation attack first

neither did the republic. But as i said the Cardassians might attack the Republic fleets and the Republic will mistake them for the Federation so BOOM.

oh, i see. cardasians aren't a federation species. but yeah, one of the other races could start things. Of course if they meet the Romulans first, well they'll be running the Republic by the end of the month

I never said anything about GFFA. Is Clone Wars novle canon by your standards? If yes, then Republic Commandos series.
    I uses GFFA to represent the Entire Star Wars universe.
    Galaxy Far Far Away...as it doesn't have a canon name.

It says in the Battle of Mon Calmeri that they atomicized TIEs.
    I only recall melting star Fighters.

If you are a federation officer, and ARCs are pointing Blaster Chainguns at you and RCs are pointing Rapid blaster rifles and snipers at you. Would you scream like hell or touch your communicators. Most likey you will scream like hell.
    This seems pointless to entertain. Do you have any other point to make other than the choice between a communicator and screaming?

The Federation has never conducted a First Strike attack.
    The Federation has protcols for first contact in place to ensure communication is the number one priority.

Registered Member
    I perferr a canon link, please.
    Canon link?

Saquist's information is common knowlegde to anyone who watches the show.

Their army is as small as naboo's sercuity.
    Canon link, please.

That which cannot be known Kittamaru's Avatar
    Actually, I'd shrug as the blaster chaingun rounds bounce off the shield wall, raise my phaser compression rifle, and blow a smoking hole through their torsos.

Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    Actually, I'd shrug as the blaster chaingun rounds bounce off the shield wall, raise my phaser compression rifle, and blow a smoking hole through their torsos.
    Personally, I'd just lob a photon grenade in there. But hey, if you want to make sport of it, be my guest.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotspur View Post
    Personally, I'd just lob a photon grenade in there. But hey, if you want to make sport of it, be my guest.
    well if you can see the ARC's, then your a little close for those babies

That which cannot be known Kittamaru's Avatar
    Indeed flectarn. Though perhaps a "worf rocket" alla Insurrection?

B'Elanna's phaser shield would actually be a good addition to Federation ground forces.

Indeed flectarn. Though perhaps a "worf rocket" alla Insurrection?
    yeah. http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Isom..._disintegrator

i also just rediscovered star trek "light whips"

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Energy_whip

I still think this is a ridiculous concept for a weapon... but whatever
    Last edited by Flectarn; 04-02-08 at 12:49 AM.

Minister of Technology
    did you read the link at all? it studies your brain waves...
    Then it would have worked with the race that spoke in historical metaphors. And it didn't.

Minister of Technology
    Ground combat eh?

Type 10 shuttlecraft, Runabouts, Intrepid class starship, Norway class starships, Sabre class starships, Akira and Defiant class starships... they are ALL capable of atmospheric flight... how do you think your AT-AT's and smaller vessels will fare under a barrage of phaser, pulse-phaser, and Photon Torpedo fire?
    How would those vessels survive against the vastly superior firepower of the ISD that dropped the attack force off?

You guys can deny canon evidence all you want, but it just makes you look like idiots.

Really...perhaps congraduations are in order to TW...
    With out his consistent contentiousness the thread would have ended at least 100 pages ago.

Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    Then it would have worked with the race that spoke in historical metaphors. And it didn't.
    *shrug* it knew the words, just not the context. any way i was just going by what memory alpha said, i don't really remember that brain waves bit being mentioned. besides i never said it was an absolutely perfect device, just that it shouldn't have any trouble deciphering basic. would you contend otherwise?
    Last edited by Flectarn; 04-02-08 at 12:50 AM.

Registered Senior Member antaran_1979's Avatar
    concerning the prase "power a miniature sun"... does it refer to powering the sun or providing the same amount of power?

as for the hyperdrive, it will allways be the most decisive weapon of any SW faction. with the proper surprise element and intel they could criple the UFP or some other alpha quadrant power. this scenario has allready been reviewed. if they can concentrate their entire expeditionary fleet (2-4000 ISDs) on leat us say Earth and Vulcan, or Romulus and Remus they could win the open war. will thes actions end the actual fighting is dificult to say.

when intercepting ships at warp is at stake, allhough hyperdrive is faster, SW ships don't show any FTL tracking ability. it would be surprising if they could track a drive they don't even know how it works.

now, when republic commandos are involved, i must admit they show quite a performance. as it is usual in SW, they often lack the firepower, but they are exteamly capable. however before they can be deployed, space or orbital superiority must be secured. otherwise they will be restricted to raids and sabotage actions.