View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

51 7.61%
  • Farscape

14 2.09%
  • Dune

54 8.06%
  • Stargate

39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellblade8 View Post
    Um, that was hyperbole, the guy is clearly exagerating, simply for the point of the fact that they are likely to not be able to find the MF.

No one is denying that Imperial hyperdrive is fast, but Borg transwarp hubs are much faster, although their transwarp drive is slower. Basicly, the transwarp network is very advanced and well kept, which allows them to travel all over the area pretty quickly. The downpart is that you can only enter and exit at certain points, but with the transwarp drives, this wouldn't be a too big of a problem.

And actually, the UFP should be working on their own transwarp drive now that they have the transwarp coil and several other technologies.

...Um, the CIS and the Republic existed before the Empire. The Empire can have the Rebels, but you can't have people from two different time frames in one. That would cause a lot of temporal shit. And if we did it that way, ST would get the 31st century UFP, which is on par with the Daleks and the Time Lords.

Although, Borg ground battles vs CIS droids would be awsome. It would basicly consist of a firefight where the CIS droids downed about fifty to a hundred drones, and then the drones adapting and beating the ever loving shit out of the CIS.
    Ya, the Imperial forces did exsit during clone wars, they built the Imperial Labs secretly during clone wars. ( sources: the empire novels, they are not EU and they are canon )
    I never said anything about time frames.
    They have Hyperspace lanes that make hyperdrive go MUCH faster.
    They have the forces to destory their network, don't give me the assimulate non-sense, CIS army are droids they acn't be assiulated. The fact that UFP is ALREADY in the future of Star Wars us cheap, but i can let go of that, 31th Centry? that is too cheap!
    Transwarp network huh? do you expect them fill the whole distance between Milkyway to Galatic Republic with the network?

Actually, it would be in its own class, just below G-canon, but above C-Canon, which is T-Class. I generally take it as speculation, as in it may have happened, but surely not in the manner it was shown (some Jedi capabilities are way too high for their usual level).

But it would have more power to it than ICS does.
    According to your qoute, George Lucas said it is G-canon, because it is about Anakin Skywalker, and approved completely by Lucasfilm. Empire novels are T-class i admit it, but not Clone Wars.

Yes I do.

And really, this is just getting silly. The best thing to do with the book series, is to just treat it like ST treats the TM: it's speculation. It MAY have happened, but this is just speculation. Just think of it that way. Think of it as going to a universe very close to GL's, but instead of being a carbon copy, it has some things that could give you an idea of just what may have happened in the gaps during the movies. But it would be speculation, because you wouldn't know of that actually happend in GL's world. Now, things like weapons calcs and such...they aren't worth a lick. Clone Wars? The uber-jedi thing is out, but perhaps those events did happen, just not in the manner you see on screen.

This is the attitude that Lucas takes to EU, and it's a good one. It lets the fans play in a similar world, and even from time to time, Lucas will make part of their works canon, by having a parallel character of them in his world.

It's a great gift, and I think that by not accepting it, you are doing Lucas a disfavor.
    EU is gonna be canon in a few years, Lucasfilm is gonna make a SW T.V. show.

Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    . Borgs can't assimulate droids, they can use 1000 droidikas.
    what part of technological and biological distinctiveness will be added to our own, didn't you understand?

Quote Originally Posted by Flectarn View Post
    what part of technological and biological distinctiveness will be added to our own, didn't you understand?
    they have to break the Droidika shields first. Where would they get the bio parts for the droids. They produce faster then assimulate.

they have to break the Droidika shields first. Where would they get the bio parts for the droids. They produce faster then assimulate.
    a. Borg have their own shields
    b. nanoprobes can penetrate all known materials and shielding, except for species 8472.
    c. the nanoprobes will simply reprogram the dorids to be a part of the collection
    d. once that happens they could put them in one of the biological growth chambers we see in voyager to add biological parts if they feel they need them

anyway, they don't have to assimilate the droids, they could just, you know, destroy them...

Very Special Senior Member USS Athens's Avatar
    Why can't they? Anakin Skywalker can just build something that can hack the network computers. O, ya then why can't voyager made it back from Alpha Qudrant in 7 years?
    What? I can't understand what you're trying to say.

If ST people are so smart why can't they built a champion pod-racer with limited time, and wiht junk?
    Dude, that has got to be the most retarted thing I have ever heard come from you. WHY would they need to build one?!?

SW people are smarter, and Anakin ans Luke Skywalker are the smartest ( Anakin on the Jedi concil at the age of 20 ).
    Proof? ST people are good problemsolvers, they think out-side the box.

Very Special Senior Member USS Athens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flectarn View Post
    a. Borg have their own shields
    b. nanoprobes can penetrate all known materials and shielding, except for species 8472.
    c. the nanoprobes will simply reprogram the dorids to be a part of the collection
    d. once that happens they could put them in one of the biological growth chambers we see in voyager to add biological parts if they feel they need them

anyway, they don't have to assimilate the droids, they could just, you know, destroy them...
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that...

Valued Senior Member Hellblade8's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antaran_1979 View Post
    it's weird, but it's on screen. so it fores us to make some strange rationalisations like something terrible has happened to the jedi amd sith, or maybe to the force. maybe a virus diminished their abilities. maybe to force told them they if they don't show some restraint it will sevare their conection with them, who knows?
    I see it more as a legend. Where the warriors are exaggerated (because remember, the Jedi before the Clone Wars were just as weak as the Revenge of the Sith ones), mostly because of hero worship. Like catching a seven foot fish, and then claiming it to be a twelve foot fish, the tale grows grander with each retelling.

Ya, the Imperial forces did exsit during clone wars, they built the Imperial Labs secretly during clone wars. ( sources: the empire novels, they are not EU and they are canon )
    And why not?

I never said anything about time frames.
    They have Hyperspace lanes that make hyperdrive go MUCH faster.
    You aren't being clear, just what the hell are you talking about?

They have the forces to destory their network,
    Dude, there are MILLIONS of borg ships, and 70% of the time, they're cubes. A single cube could slaughter hundreds of ISDs.

don't give me the assimulate non-sense, CIS army are droids they acn't be assiulated.
    Yes they can actually, borg nanoprobes can modify both organic and non-organic materials.
    The fact that UFP is ALREADY in the future of Star Wars us cheap, but i can let go of that, 31th Centry? that is too cheap!
    I'm sorry, but can you clear that up? I can't understand you.

Transwarp network huh? do you expect them fill the whole distance between Milkyway to Galatic Republic with the network?
    No, there would be the wormhole, remember? They can build a new one in the SW galaxy.

Actually, it would be in its own class, just below G-canon, but above C-Canon, which is T-Class. I generally take it as speculation, as in it may have happened, but surely not in the manner it was shown (some Jedi capabilities are way too high for their usual level).

But it would have more power to it than ICS does.
    I think frankly the films weren't exagerative enough with the force abilities. The Clones Wars series seem to do it better justice. It was grand and complete. Even though it's not made to order by Lucas...(a good thing to be sure) I have come to appreciate it as the best writing this side of the old trilogy. It has much esteem in my book.

Quote Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
    I think frankly the films weren't exagerative enough with the force abilities. The Clones Wars series seem to do it better justice. It was grand and complete. Even though it's not made to order by Lucas...(a good thing to be sure) I have come to appreciate it as the best writing this side of the old trilogy. It has much esteem in my book.
    *Shrug*

That's why I say it's best taken as speculation. We have no idea what happened at that point, so it could have happened...or it couldn't have. Perhaps the sudden outbreak in war gave them a burst of more power, and towards the end, their power was beginning to wane. This would seem to match the evidence when we look at the later series, where the Jedi were even weaker.

Registered Senior Member antaran_1979's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
    hey i like the "Clone Wars", i just find them in ods with the movies. allthough the prequels are mostly.... well....bad.... the Revenge of the Sith is allmost on par with Epizode IV and V. well i still prefer Tehe Empire Strikes Back, but a part from some bad acting, RoTS actually makes sence, which is in compleate contrast to Phantom Menace, whic is preaaty much childish. Epizode II is somehow rushed and underdeveloped, but a bit better then Epizode I. i think they messed up when they tryed to make Anakin sound like Vader ib E IV-VI and act like the kid in E I. they should have given him more freedom. i belive Hayden Christensen is much better actor then what you can see on film.

this and the following pics will demonstrate the "feared" AT-ATs in action.

now i know all these blasts were not at full power, but i would expect General Viers to know how to use his armored units properly. and the way he uses them the exibit the firepower of early WW2 tanks (20-50mm guns). and these shots were made against show!!!!

stay tuned for some asteroid blasting....

Dude, there are MILLIONS of borg ships, and 70% of the time, they're cubes. A single cube could slaughter hundreds of ISDs.
    Aheheh-no. What part about 'Borg cannot adapt to brute force' do you not understand?

tie fighters chasing the falcon

their blasts don't even dent the surface of the large asteroid below