View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

51 7.61%
  • Farscape

14 2.09%
  • Dune

54 8.06%
  • Stargate

39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    (laughs ) 81.9 megaton? If you think thats alot you must be on crack! Soviet-Russia can do better than that with one nuclear missle! two 68 megaton warheads in a missle it have a combained power of 136 megaton. Remember it is soviet-russia, soviet union is gone on apirl 7th, 1991. What year is the photon tropedoe used? 24th centry!
    Read this, it have usefull infomation on how weak Star Trek weapons are. And stop inhaling Crack

Quote Originally Posted by Hellblade8 View Post
    The Federation likely fielded 10,000, to at least 20,000 starships. This also includes the the Romulans and the Klingons, bringing their numbers up to about 30,000 to 60,000 starship against the Dominion, which had at least 20,000-30,000, plus 10,000-20,000 for the Cardassian Union, and possibly 10,000-20,000 for the Breen. At least about 40,000 to 70,000 starships.
    You remind me of a guy I debated with once who invented Star Trek Trivia out of thin air. With every super power in Trek united it would take decades to make at least 10,000 ships.

And mind you, their ships are about 10x stronger than their Imperial counterpart.
    Unsupported bull. An old troop transport can one shot any of those.

Valued Senior Member Hellblade8's Avatar
    (laughs ) 81.9 megaton? If you think thats alot you must be on crack! Soviet-Russia can do better than that with one nuclear missle! two 68 megaton warheads in a missle it have a combained power of 136 megaton. Remember it is soviet-russia, soviet union is gone on apirl 7th, 1991. What year is the photon tropedoe used? 24th centry!
    Sorry, but the largest weapon ever tested wasn't that high.

Furthermore genius, Russia doesn't have starships that toss this around like candy. You want a big UFP weapon? How about their tri-cobalt devices, which calc around 3,686,250 in TOS, or their bomb in Obsession which calcs at 36,862,500,000 Megatons (it blew half the atmosphere off the planet).

Also, at least their weapons range higher than the shit level of 1 megaton or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    You remind me of a guy I debated with once who invented Star Trek Trivia out of thin air. With every super power in Trek united it would take decades to make at least 10,000 ships.

Ya, and have you seen how fast they built the Grand army of the Repulic and the CIS army? 10 years. And how fast did they built the Imperial forces? 20 years ( i added the 10 years of the Clone army ) How slow did they built the Starfleet? centries. Star Wars ahve higher building technology

In a single year, the Imperial REMNANT made 25,000 ISDs, much more impressive, eh?

Try actually watching Star Trek you idiot.

Martok : 'By tomorrow, we'll have fifteen hundred Klingon vessels ready for deployment.'
    Romulan : 'With the Breen, the Cardassians and the Jem'Hadar, you're still outnumbered twenty to one.'
    That was towards the END of the war, when both sides had taken heavy losses.

Your bullshit is simply breathtaking.

And yet we have never seen you post any evidence of this, and ICS doesn't count since it's EU and thus non-canon.

Where is your evidence man?

In a single year, the Imperial REMNANT made 25,000 ISDs, much more impressive, eh?
    Evidence?

Sorry, but the largest weapon ever tested wasn't that high.

Furthermore genius, Russia doesn't have starships that toss this around like candy. You want a big UFP weapon? How about their tri-cobalt devices, which calc around 3,686,250 in TOS, or their bomb in Obsession which calcs at 36,862,500,000 Megatons (it blew half the atmosphere off the planet).

Also, at least their weapons range higher than the shit level of 1 megaton or so.
    Gosh, you are such an idioit. They test warheads not missles, a missle can carry two warheads! So the missle's effectiveness is 138 megatons. In fact Soviet-Russia dose have stuff that can send people or satilites into space? in not how did Yuri Gagarin get to space? and how did their satilites get to space? Soviet Russia dose have Ion Thrusters that they tose around like cotton candy ,they are so cheap in USSR that every satilite have 4 of them, I mean every single one after the invention of hall effect Ion thrusters. I study Ion Thrusters as a hobbie. Stop making Star Trek stuff up! You are not the creator of Star Trek nor you are the president of Parmount!

Try actually watching Star Trek you idiot.
    I do.

Martok : 'By tomorrow, we'll have fifteen hundred Klingon vessels ready for deployment.'
    Romulan : 'With the Breen, the Cardassians and the Jem'Hadar, you're still outnumbered twenty to one.'

That was towards the END of the war, when both sides had taken heavy losses.

Your bullshit is simply breathtaking.
    Which episode is this? I shall watch it, to make sure this is the real quote, as it contradicts the rest of Trek.

And yet we have never seen you post any evidence of this, and ICS doesn't count since it's EU and thus non-canon.

Where is your evidence man?
    ICS is not EU, it is G-level because it was approved by George Lucas.

And where do you get your bullshit? The EU is canon, and will be unless Lucas directly states that it isn't.

Spell right!! Photon Tropetos are ALOT heavier than Concussions and Sismics here is a picture of a Sismic Charges

and

Here is the size

Unlike Photon Tropetos they can be handheld and they have better effects.
    Um no, this weapon has proven higher yields than proton torpedos, and thus, that does not increase the yield of your grenade-like weapons.

Evidence?
    Yuuzhang Vong war.

Evidence?
    Dark Empire.

I do.
    You apparently don't.

Which episode is this? I shall watch it, to make sure this is the real quote, as it contradicts the rest of Trek.
    "Tracking into the Wind"

ICS is not EU, it is G-level because it was approved by George Lucas.

And where do you get your bullshit? The EU is canon, and will be unless Lucas directly states that it isn't.
    "Ask the Jedi Council" response by Steve Sansweet (director of fan relations) and Chris Cerasi (an editor for Lucas Books at the time), it was stated that:
    Bullshit.
    "When it comes to absolute canon, the real story of Star Wars, you must turn to the films themselves — and only the films. Even novelizations are interpretations of the film, and while they are largely true to George Lucas' vision (he works quite closely with the novel authors), the method in which they are written does allow for some minor differences. The novelizations are written concurrently with the film's production, so variations in detail do creep in from time to time. Nonetheless, they should be regarded as very accurate depictions of the fictional Star Wars movies.
    The further one branches away from the movies, the more interpretation and speculation come into play. LucasBooks works diligently to keep the continuing Star Wars expanded universe cohesive and uniform, but stylistically, there is always room for variation. Not all artists draw Luke Skywalker the same way. Not all writers define the character in the same fashion. The particular attributes of individual media also come into play. A comic book interpretation of an event will likely have less dialogue or different pacing than a novel version. A video game has to take an interactive approach that favors gameplay. So too must card and roleplaying games ascribe certain characteristics to characters and events in order to make them playable.
    The analogy is that every piece of published Star Wars fiction is a window into the 'real' Star Wars universe. Some windows are a bit foggier than others. Some are decidedly abstract. But each contains a nugget of truth to them."
    Chee:
    "Film+EU continuity. Anything not in the current version of the films is irrelevant to Film only continuity."
    George Lucas:
    I don't read that stuff. I haven't read any of the novels. I don't know anything about that world. That's a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia. So if I come up with a name or something else, I look it up and see if it has already been used. When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions. - George Lucas
    After Star Wars was released, it became apparent that my story - however many films it took to tell - was only one of thousands that could be told about the characters who inhabit its galaxy. But these were not stories I was destined to tell. Instead they would spring from the imagination of other writers, inspired by the glimpse of a galaxy that Star Wars provided. Today it is an amazing, if unexpected, legacy of Star Wars that so many gifted writers are contributing new stories to the Saga
    There are two worlds here," explained Lucas. "There’s my world, which is the movies, and there’s this other world that has been created, which I say is the parallel universe – the licensing world of the books, games and comic books. They don’t intrude on my world, which is a select period of time, [but] they do intrude in between the movies. I don’t get too involved in the parallel universe."
    STARLOG: "The Star Wars Universe is so large and diverse. Do you ever find yourself confused by the subsidiary material that's in the novels, comics, and other offshoots?"
    LUCAS: "I don't read that stuff. I haven't read any of the novels. I don't know anything about that world. That's a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia. So if I come up with a name or something else, I look it up and see if it has already been used. When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions."
    Do you think you'd have other people continue the Star Wars saga past Episode VI or turn some of the other material into films?

But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story. There is no story about Luke Skywalker, I mean apart from the books. But there's three worlds: There's my world that I made up, there's the licensing world that's the books, the comics, all that kind of stuff, the games, which is their world, and then there's the fans' world, which is also very rich in imagination, but they don't always mesh. All I'm in charge of is my world. I can't be in charge of those other people's world, because I can't keep up with it.

I believe you owe me a concession.

Dark Empire.
    Sorry, that's EU. Non-canon.

Lucas is the only person who dictates Canonocity, and nowhere in his quotes does he directly state that it is not canon. He has to directly state it for it to be true.

Gosh, you are such an idioit. They test warheads not missles, a missle can carry two warheads! So the missle's effectiveness is 138 megatons. In fact Soviet-Russia dose have stuff that can send people or satilites into space? in not how did Yuri Gagarin get to space? and how did their satilites get to space? Soviet Russia dose have Ion Thrusters that they tose around like cotton candy ,they are so cheap in USSR that every satilite have 4 of them, I mean every single one after the invention of hall effect Ion thrusters. I study Ion Thrusters as a hobbie. Stop making Star Trek stuff up!
    First of all, how about you start backing up your claims? I'm not an expert on Russia, but I somewhat doubt this much.

And no, I am not making Star Trek stuff up, and if you wish to slander my name with your accusations, you will provide evidence of where I am making stuff up, becuase thus far, you have yet to provide any evidence for anything you've claimed.

You are not the creator of Star Trek nor you are the president of Parmount!
    Gee, no shit.

Lucas is the only person who dictates Canonocity, and nowhere in his quotes does he directly state that it is not canon. He has to directly state it for it to be true.
    Check post 9194 for evidence.

Sorry, that's EU. Non-canon.
    God, do you ever shut up? Enterprise-B used the same EU-non canon thing you did. I disproved him, and he shut up. Will you? And for the last time LUCAS HAS TO DIRECTLY STATE IT IS NON-CANON FOR IT TO BE TRUE!

Check post 9194 for evidence.
    That's what I posted it for, you idiot. Lucas dictates canon, therefore he has to directly state it is not for it to be true.