View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

    227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

    285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

    51 7.61%
  • Farscape

    14 2.09%
  • Dune

    54 8.06%
  • Stargate

    39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

  1. #8961
    Valued Senior Member Hellblade8's Avatar
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    Nope if it is non-canon it would of been
    cancelled how do i know your quote is reliable?
    For the LOVE OF GOD, THE QUOTE COMES FROM THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS WEBSITE!

    Again! http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars...s20080317.html

    Last question asked to Lucas:

    Do you think you'd have other people continue the Star Wars saga past Episode VI or turn some of the other material into films?

    But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story. There is no story about Luke Skywalker, I mean apart from the books. But there's three worlds: There's my world that I made up, there's the licensing world that's the books, the comics, all that kind of stuff, the games, which is their world, and then there's the fans' world, which is also very rich in imagination, but they don't always mesh. All I'm in charge of is my world. I can't be in charge of those other people's world, because I can't keep up with it
    The question the man asked is in bold. Lucas's respons follows.

    There you have it. EU is not canon.


    species 8472 is species 8472, Yuzhang Vong are Yuzhang Vong, Yuzhang Vongs have superstrong airtight blasterdoors! they can't get through.
    Were you born stupid, or does your mother let you lick paint?

    Yuzhang Vongs have the World Brain, it can change a dessert unhabitable planet into somthing like Earth, it can chage everying of the planet! Bioships, Yuzhang Vong ships are completly organic.for the translators, they can't speak Yuzhang Vong because they don't speak! they use Vongsense ( telephic commuitcation ), you still can't jam them! you still can't beat them! And you are forgetting Zomnama Sekot and Yuzhaa'tar! thouse planets can use the force1
    Again, non-canon.

  2. #8962
    Valued Senior Member Hellblade8's Avatar
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    Starfleet is not a police force, they don't do around arresting people, do they? do they investiate theivery? no! if the federation is not corrupt why the Maquis leave?
    Because the Maquis is a terrorist group that was formed by civilians who did not want to leave their home when the de-miliaterized zone was created. This meant that the UFP would get the planets on one side of the zone, and the Cardassians on the other part. These zones fell under Cardassian rule because the people did not want to leave their planets, despite the UFP offering them new homes.

    This caused them to leave, they then performed terrorist attacks upon Cardassians, killing many inocent ones along with the guilty ones. Thus, the UFP cut all ties from them and declared them terrorists. The Cardassians often hunted them down, and the UFP themselves have captured and imprisoned them when they could.

  3. #8963
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellblade8 View Post
    Somehow, being called an idiot by a twerp who can't use proper grammar is somewhat amusing.

    No, you must prove it using canon sources, do not just say it. PROVE IT.




    They don't KNOW where Earth is. Furthermore, there are stations AROUND the planet, not to mention planetary defenses. DS9 alone had 5,000 photon torpedoes, giving them a total storage of 410,000 megatons, or 410 gigatons. And that was an upgraded Cardassian station.



    Prove it. Prove it right now. I provided evidence that says it isn't, so you must prove that it is.

    If not, you will conceed the point.




    Bullshit, Paramount has declared that all episodes of ST (save for the animated) are canon, as are the movies. They own Star Trek, and thus they have the right to determine canon. George owns Star Wars, and thus he has the right to declare canon.

    Also, your argument is retarded.



    So what? The Death Star is a amazingly stupid idea of basicly putting all your eggs into one basket, with a horrible weakpoint. Not to mention, that the UFP has their own high level weapons, such as a bomb capable of blowing half the atmosphere off a planet.




    Evidence? Only a few planets left when they didn't want to give up their homes for during a peace treaty with the Cardassian Union that the UFP only signed because they didn't want to go to war. It had nothing to do with corruption, and it was a few planets. These planets didn't hate the UFP, but only left it because they wanted to fight the Cardassians. They performed terrorists attacks, and were viewed as vermin among most people.

    In essence, aside from that minor incident, no one has ever left the Federation.





    The Rebels wanted to overthrow the Empire, and the CIS was gone before the Empire came into existence you idiot.

    Unlike the UFP, they won't have to worry about that little issue. You see, when the cats are away, the mice will play. In other words, the Empire would be fighting a front on both sides; the rebels, and the UFP (and their allies).
    I can prove it check this
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Open_Circle_Fleet
    and this website
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Eclipse_%28ship%29
    The hyperdrive is still alot faster than the stupid warpdrive of Star Trek! I am not talking about the stupid empire i am talking about, old republic and CIS.
    Last edited by SkywalkerJedi; 03-22-08 at 07:51 PM.

  4. #8964
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellblade8 View Post
    For the LOVE OF GOD, THE QUOTE COMES FROM THE OFFICIAL STAR WARS WEBSITE!

    Again! http://www.starwars.com/theclonewars...s20080317.html

    Last question asked to Lucas:



    The question the man asked is in bold. Lucas's respons follows.

    There you have it. EU is not canon.


    Were you born stupid, or does your mother let you lick paint?



    Again, non-canon.
    How about the galatic Republic? is that canon yes it is! and everystory before Anakin died is canon by your qoute. so there is the center point station, acient sith weapons, and much more? are they canon by your quote?

  5. #8965
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellblade8 View Post
    Because the Maquis is a terrorist group that was formed by civilians who did not want to leave their home when the de-miliaterized zone was created. This meant that the UFP would get the planets on one side of the zone, and the Cardassians on the other part. These zones fell under Cardassian rule because the people did not want to leave their planets, despite the UFP offering them new homes.

    This caused them to leave, they then performed terrorist attacks upon Cardassians, killing many inocent ones along with the guilty ones. Thus, the UFP cut all ties from them and declared them terrorists. The Cardassians often hunted them down, and the UFP themselves have captured and imprisoned them when they could.
    So dose the CIS, they are manipulated by Sidious.

  6. #8966
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Lets see the Federation beat the CIS? can they no! they simpily don't have the forces to do so!

  7. #8967
    Valued Senior Member Hellblade8's Avatar
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    How about the galatic Republic? is that canon yes it is! and everystory before Anakin died is canon by your qoute. so there is the center point station, acient sith weapons, and much more? are they canon by your quote?
    No, it isn't. Your reading skills are terrible.

    Do you think you'd have other people continue the Star Wars saga past Episode VI or turn some of the other material into films?

    But there's no story past Episode VI, there's just no story. It's a certain story about Anakin Skywalker and once Anakin Skywalker dies, that's kind of the end of the story. There is no story about Luke Skywalker, I mean apart from the books. But there's three worlds: There's my world that I made up, there's the licensing world that's the books, the comics, all that kind of stuff, the games, which is their world, and then there's the fans' world, which is also very rich in imagination, but they don't always mesh. All I'm in charge of is my world. I can't be in charge of those other people's world, because I can't keep up with it.

    First off, there is this:
    There's my world that I made up, there's the licensing world that's the books, the comics, all that kind of stuff, the games, which is their world, and then there's the fans' world, which is also very rich in imagination, but they don't always mesh.
    Here he presents three different worlds. The world he created, which is Star Wars, the world that the books and the games created, which is EU, and the last one is the fan's world, which is basicly fannon. He does not state they are at any point, the same world.

    The second point is that Lucas wasn't talking about EU at all. He is replying to the idea of EU canon being used for his movies...which he says, there is nothing after episode 6, because the story ends there. His skywalker mentioning is somewhat strange, but he easily clarified his position with the words that I pointed out above.

    In essence, EU is not canon. It never has been, and never will be.

  8. #8968
    Valued Senior Member Hellblade8's Avatar
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    So dose the CIS, they are manipulated by Sidious.
    No, the CIS rebelled against the Republic, which is not the same government as the Empire.

  9. #8969
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Okay i get the picture! how about CIS and Republic? it is more likey that the federation is gonna attack the republic or CIS, there is a problem quote" Long, Long time ago, in a galaxy far away....." The Federation can solve the Long Long time ago part by time travel but how about the "Galaxy far away" part? it would take the federation centries to get there with warp drive. the CIS didn't "rebelled aginst the Republic" they attack them without negociations, they wanted to rule the republic! it is not the same govement but it is used by Sidious to get the clone army and from the empire is it not? is it not that Darth Tyrance (count dooku) the leader of the CIS?

  10. #8970
    Valued Senior Member Hellblade8's Avatar
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    Okay i get the picture! how about CIS and Republic? it is more likey that the federation is gonna attack the republic or CIS, there is a problem quote" Long, Long time ago, in a galaxy far away....."
    And of course, that would turn true against the Empire as well, since their starships wouldn't likely be able to reach the UFP's either. More likely, a wormhole of sorts would open between them and a war would begin.



    The Federation can solve the Long Long time ago part by time travel but how about the "Galaxy far away" part? it would take the federation centries to get there with warp drive.
    More likely hundreds of centuries. And Imperial soldiers would be very old by the time that they themselves might reach the UFP, only to find a more advanced opponent, and with younger warriors.


    the CIS didn't "rebelled aginst the Republic" they attack them without negociations, they wanted to rule the republic!
    That's what a rebellion is, an attack against current authority.

    it is not the same govement but it is used by Sidious to get the clone army and from the empire is it not? is it not that Darth Tyrance (count dooku) the leader of the CIS?
    The CIS and the Republic had a civil war. The Republic was the authority in the SW galaxy, and the CIS challenged that authority. This lead to war. Thus, it was a rebellion. This rebellion however, was a front for Palpatine to take over the Empire by destroying the Jedi Order and transforming the government, but not via civil war. He then changed the order of things, until it was a twisted version of the Republic; the Galactic Empire.

  11. #8971
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellblade8 View Post
    And of course, that would turn true against the Empire as well, since their starships wouldn't likely be able to reach the UFP's either. More likely, a wormhole of sorts would open between them and a war would begin.





    More likely hundreds of centuries. And Imperial soldiers would be very old by the time that they themselves might reach the UFP, only to find a more advanced opponent, and with younger warriors.




    That's what a rebellion is, an attack against current authority.



    The CIS and the Republic had a civil war. The Republic was the authority in the SW galaxy, and the CIS challenged that authority. This lead to war. Thus, it was a rebellion. This rebellion however, was a front for Palpatine to take over the Empire by destroying the Jedi Order and transforming the government, but not via civil war. He then changed the order of things, until it was a twisted version of the Republic; the Galactic Empire.
    Okay, check www.starwars.com/databank/
    you will find that the CIS is manipulated by Sidious. You are forgetting that i said Republic vs Federation republic troops are CLONES, and CIS troops are Droids, they are always new because they were powned by the clones all the time. Star Trek itself said there is no wormholes outside milky way http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Wormholes By the time they reach the star wars galaxy they would have alot higher technology than hundreds of centries before. bare in mind that SW wormholes are Hyperspace wormholes not normal ones, Hyperspace wormholes.

  12. #8972
    Valued Senior Member Hellblade8's Avatar
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    Okay, check www.starwars.com/databank/
    you will find that the CIS is manipulated by Sidious.
    I KNOW that.


    You are forgetting that i said Republic vs Federation republic troops are CLONES, and CIS troops are Droids, they are always new because they were powned by the clones all the time. Star Trek itself said there is no wormholes outside milky way http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Wormholes By the time they reach the star wars galaxy they would have alot higher technology than hundreds of centries before. bare in mind that SW wormholes are Hyperspace wormholes not normal ones, Hyperspace wormholes.
    The point of a vs debate is to pit the two powers. It would be fucking retarded to NOT have a wormhole, or other form of gateway that allows the two to fight in a realistic display of what both sides can do. Using this distance crap as proof that Star Wars would win is fundementally flawed. You have no idea that Star Wars is even within the same universe (it isn't), or the distance.

    In essence, a gateway of some sort must be present for any worthwhile debate.

  13. #8973
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    He did it not only via cvil war, but also via Vader, if there is no Vader and Cvil war then no Empire.( remember that Anakin is the one that saved the queen and her crew on tatooin, so if the queen didn't arrive Palpatine won't be chanceller ) And if there is no war he can't get an clone army then he have nothing to threaten the rebles with.

  14. #8974
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellblade8 View Post
    I KNOW that.




    The point of a vs debate is to pit the two powers. It would be fucking retarded to NOT have a wormhole, or other form of gateway that allows the two to fight in a realistic display of what both sides can do. Using this distance crap as proof that Star Wars would win is fundementally flawed. You have no idea that Star Wars is even within the same universe (it isn't), or the distance.

    In essence, a gateway of some sort must be present for any worthwhile debate.
    you are right it would be dumb to not have a wormhole, but we are arguing about the republic vs federation. Who's gonna start the war? more likely the federation. so if federation is the one to attack the are they ones that have to wait all the years to transport their troops, not the republic.

  15. #8975
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    bare in mind that hyperdrives can travel a galaxy in 1-3 days, so it would take about 2years for the Republic to arrive but for the Federation about hundreds of centries

  16. #8976
    アスラン・ザラ ( Athrun "Alex" Zala ) SkywalkerJedi's Avatar
    Posts
    1,493
    Star Wars movies are better, thats why there are more fans! and Star Wars music is so better, check Across the Stars and Battle of the heroes, they are alot better then Star Trek soundtracks

  17. #8977
    Very Special Senior Member USS Athens's Avatar
    Posts
    1,265
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    Star Wars movies are better, thats why there are more fans! and Star Wars music is so better, check Across the Stars and Battle of the heroes, they are alot better then Star Trek soundtracks
    I thought Battle of the heroes was the only good soundtrack.

    ST movies pervay a sort of deep philisophical and moral meaning in many ways in which SW movies never could hope to.

    And ST music gives me more of an emotional/goose bumbs feeling, (anyone know what I mean?)

  18. #8978
    Valued Senior Member Hellblade8's Avatar
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    you are right it would be dumb to not have a wormhole, but we are arguing about the republic vs federation. Who's gonna start the war? more likely the federation. so if federation is the one to attack the are they ones that have to wait all the years to transport their troops, not the republic.
    No, they wouldn't. They are peaceful. And it doesn't matter, they'd still lose. The Republic may have had better soldiers, but the GE had better ships.

  19. #8979
    So Skywalkerjedi, I'm curious, just how much star trek have you seen?


    "Starfleet is not a police force, they don't do around arresting people, do they? do they investiate theivery? no! if the federation is not corrupt why the Maquis leave?" No, not exactly, it's more of a high level thing, sort of a cross between interpol and UNpeacekeepers... much like the jedi, only without the mysyicism
    Last edited by Flectarn; 03-22-08 at 11:10 PM.

  20. #8980
    Very Special Senior Member USS Athens's Avatar
    Posts
    1,265
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerJedi View Post
    you are right it would be dumb to not have a wormhole, but we are arguing about the republic vs federation. Who's gonna start the war? more likely the federation. so if federation is the one to attack the are they ones that have to wait all the years to transport their troops, not the republic.
    The federation has NEVER started a war. If any human organization was to start a war, I'd be Section 31.

Similar Threads

  1. By Fettman in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 10-18-11, 02:02 PM
    Replies: 33
  2. By USS Athens in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-16-10, 04:47 PM
    Replies: 291
  3. By superstring01 in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-11-10, 01:57 PM
    Replies: 60
  4. By Orleander in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 07-11-09, 08:33 PM
    Replies: 27
  5. By Asguard in forum Computer Science & Culture
    Last Post: 09-13-08, 02:15 AM
    Replies: 0

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •