View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

    227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

    285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

    51 7.61%
  • Farscape

    14 2.09%
  • Dune

    54 8.06%
  • Stargate

    39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

  1. #8141
    unamerican american USS Exeter's Avatar
    Posts
    2,482
    Since it is part of Lucas' creations, it is canon. Good movie, wasn't it? It is a wonder that Lucas tried to delete every single copy!

  2. #8142
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,362
    His father, ITCHY!

    His son, LUMPY!

    Rofl... gg George...

  3. #8143
    unamerican american USS Exeter's Avatar
    Posts
    2,482
    It is so stupid in the beginning of that movie, when the wookies are arguing in wookie language.......without subtitles.

  4. #8144
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,362
    I know...

    I thought it was fake... till the CBS commercials came on...

    Heh... heheheeaaaaahahaha! Goodamn George... what in Gods name did you smoke to make this???

    Sorry TW Scott, it's an official SW movie... so we can take facts from this too

  5. #8145
    Minister of Technology
    Posts
    4,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise-D View Post
    The Q have already demonstrated abilities far beyond any being in the entire SW universe (proper). His reluctance to attack Guinan is not necessarily from fear of Guinan herself. More to the point is that Guinan's hidden abilities are unknown, hence not a valid comparison to any abilities of any Wars character. In other words even if Q were afraid of her, it is wholly irrelevant to use it in a Trek V Wars discussion.

    Actually taking the whole Star Wars universe in question the Q are no more impressive than an Ang-Ti monks that is also a jedi. And considerably less impressive than Luke Skywalker or Emperor Palpatine. Either one of which has violated complete rules of physics through shear power alone. Q still operates at least in the rules of physics and Space Time. His limits are beyond what we understand, but he can't do some of the things we see Luke or Palpatine do in the novels.


    Further, John DeLancie's Q, and Keegan DeLancie's Q2 have interfered in (indeed provoked) Trek altercations. Plus, John DeLancie's Q and Quinn (STVOY: Death Wish) have already stated on screen that it is the Continuum's responsibility to maintain cosmic order.
    He has not instigated any conflicts, only accelerated them. The Borg conflict was an eventuality. As for Q assertation that they maintain cosmic order, who is to say that the cosmic order does not include a far superior foe crushing the Federation? Certainly not the Q who did nothing against the Borg or Dominion.

  6. #8146
    Very Special Senior Member USS Athens's Avatar
    Posts
    1,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    I know...

    I thought it was fake... till the CBS commercials came on...

    Heh... heheheeaaaaahahaha! Goodamn George... what in Gods name did you smoke to make this???

    Sorry TW Scott, it's an official SW movie... so we can take facts from this too
    To quote the bathroom reader...

    ...and most of the show was of Chubacka's family arguing in wookie languege... without subtitles.
    To quote Lucas after he found out veiwers everywhere had taped it.

    If I had had time and a sledgehammer, I would go around and find everone one of those god-damn boot-legged copies and smash em'!

  7. #8147
    Minister of Technology
    Posts
    4,149
    Actually since Gene decided to leave out Star Trek the Animated series there is no reason that George Lucas can't leave out the Christmas Special if he wants. What's good for Roddenberry is good for Lucas.

  8. #8148
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,362
    Ah, but there you go twisting your own rules again!

    It's an OFFICIAL GEORGE LUCAS PRODUCTION... thus it is CANON.

    I'm not counting the animated bits in it!

    Now, if you go up to Mr. Lucas and ask him if that show is a PART of the canon timeline, and he says no, I'll take your word on it... but then again, you MUST do the same for Gene to assert that the novels are not considered lesser canon.

    Catch 22 my dreary Scott... for you see, the chances of you meeting with, and bringing up this subject to, George Lucas are very slim... the chances of him caring about you enough to give an answer are slimmer still. The chances of you meeting Gene are non existent unless by some quirk you are a Q and can bring him back to life... or, more simply, alter the course of time to suit your needs.

  9. #8149
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,362
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    Actually taking the whole Star Wars universe in question the Q are no more impressive than an Ang-Ti monks that is also a jedi. And considerably less impressive than Luke Skywalker or Emperor Palpatine. Either one of which has violated complete rules of physics through shear power alone. Q still operates at least in the rules of physics and Space Time. His limits are beyond what we understand, but he can't do some of the things we see Luke or Palpatine do in the novels.




    He has not instigated any conflicts, only accelerated them. The Borg conflict was an eventuality. As for Q assertation that they maintain cosmic order, who is to say that the cosmic order does not include a far superior foe crushing the Federation? Certainly not the Q who did nothing against the Borg or Dominion.
    Laws of physics... no no my dear!

    Scott, riddle me this - how can you explain away the fact that, on a WHIM, Q can take a life, then give it back? Or change the GRAVITATIONAL CONSTANT OF THE FUCKING UNIVERSE? Or, better still, how about the fact that he can TAKE ON ANY FORM HE WISHED? Even more disconcerting is the fact that you think LUKE SKYWALKER, A BEING WHO IS NOT ONLY MORTAL BUT MOST DEFINATELY NOTHING SPECIAL, is more powerful than Q! Q would snap his fingers and *poof*, no more Luke Skywalker. In his place would be... oh, I don't know... tapioca pudding!

    Luke cannot do things on a whim... it takes grave amounts of energy from him to do things... proof of this is when Yoda was struggling to keep the giant... thing... from crushing Obi-Wan and Anikin in #2. I mean... c'mon. It wasn't even that big. Q, with the snap of a finger, flung a STARSHIP across MILLIONS OF LIGHTYEARS OF SPACE!

    Tell me... what's the more impressive display, hm? Shouldn't be hard... c'mon Scott! You can do it! 2+2 =...

    please... please don't say fish...

  10. #8150
    Minister of Technology
    Posts
    4,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    Ah, but there you go twisting your own rules again!

    It's an OFFICIAL GEORGE LUCAS PRODUCTION... thus it is CANON.

    I'm not counting the animated bits in it!

    Now, if you go up to Mr. Lucas and ask him if that show is a PART of the canon timeline, and he says no, I'll take your word on it... but then again, you MUST do the same for Gene to assert that the novels are not considered lesser canon.

    Catch 22 my dreary Scott... for you see, the chances of you meeting with, and bringing up this subject to, George Lucas are very slim... the chances of him caring about you enough to give an answer are slimmer still. The chances of you meeting Gene are non existent unless by some quirk you are a Q and can bring him back to life... or, more simply, alter the course of time to suit your needs.

    But Gene has already asserted that the NOVELS are not canon. Remeber there were novels when he was alive and he states that one the Movies and the (live action) Series were canon. So you are being bit stupid.

    As for Lucas he dsaid the Movies were high canon and followed by a strict order of canon. Oddly the Christmas special was left out completely in his list.

  11. #8151
    Minister of Technology
    Posts
    4,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    Laws of physics... no no my dear!

    Scott, riddle me this - how can you explain away the fact that, on a WHIM, Q can take a life, then give it back? Or change the GRAVITATIONAL CONSTANT OF THE FUCKING UNIVERSE? Or, better still, how about the fact that he can TAKE ON ANY FORM HE WISHED? Even more disconcerting is the fact that you think LUKE SKYWALKER, A BEING WHO IS NOT ONLY MORTAL BUT MOST DEFINATELY NOTHING SPECIAL, is more powerful than Q! Q would snap his fingers and *poof*, no more Luke Skywalker. In his place would be... oh, I don't know... tapioca pudding!
    Yet Q hasn't done anything of the sort to ANYONE. Meanwhile Luke used the force to enlarge a black hole type gravitional anomaly to a thousand times it's normal size. No being in ST can claim a feat even close to that. Or how about Emperor Palaptine and creating Forcestorms that can nearly destroy planets.

    The most impressive thing Q has done? Moved one small moon back into orbit. That's it.

    Most impressive thing Luke has done moved a massive blackhole.

  12. #8152
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    But Gene has already asserted that the NOVELS are not canon. Remeber there were novels when he was alive and he states that one the Movies and the (live action) Series were canon. So you are being bit stupid.

    As for Lucas he dsaid the Movies were high canon and followed by a strict order of canon. Oddly the Christmas special was left out completely in his list.
    Movies contradict the ICS firepower. As they are higher canon, the ISDs dont have that firepower.

    Nuff said on that.

  13. #8153
    I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Enterprise-D's Avatar
    Posts
    1,898
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    Actually taking the whole Star Wars universe in question the Q are no more impressive than an Ang-Ti monks that is also a jedi. And considerably less impressive than Luke Skywalker or Emperor Palpatine. Either one of which has violated complete rules of physics through shear power alone. Q still operates at least in the rules of physics and Space Time. His limits are beyond what we understand, but he can't do some of the things we see Luke or Palpatine do in the novels.
    Your biased opinion. Which I discard out of hand. I'm sure Luke or Palpitine do not have the ability to cause a person to jump thru three different time periods. To start with.

    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    He has not instigated any conflicts, only accelerated them. The Borg conflict was an eventuality. As for Q assertation that they maintain cosmic order, who is to say that the cosmic order does not include a far superior foe crushing the Federation? Certainly not the Q who did nothing against the Borg or Dominion.
    Q2 started two conflicts. One of which was a lesson that was originally started by Q himself. Further, the future UFP is canon Trek...thus the order of the Trek universe is for the Terran/Vulcan UFP to continue to exist undefeated. Please...please keep your stubborn opinions to yourself and argue clearer facts.

  14. #8154
    I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Enterprise-D's Avatar
    Posts
    1,898
    Point of conduct wrt powerful beings...it occurs to me that Q knows the responsibilities and consquences of his actions hence does not forcibly open black holes...Luke and Palpitine clearly do not think...Further Q can obviously do something as paltry as cause widespread destruction, if he can move a moon, he can cause it to crash into its planet...very weak arguments TW, as per usual
    Last edited by Enterprise-D; 01-02-08 at 09:45 AM.

  15. #8155
    No posts for 4 days... a record?

  16. #8156
    I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Enterprise-D's Avatar
    Posts
    1,898
    Wow...I'm shocked

  17. #8157
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,362
    It's official:

    Trek Won

    Again

  18. #8158
    Very Special Senior Member USS Athens's Avatar
    Posts
    1,265
    Agreed.

  19. #8159
    unamerican american USS Exeter's Avatar
    Posts
    2,482
    Trek wins, although the polls don't show it, all of the people with the most valid arguements voted for Star Trek!! Star Trek is the winner!!! Communism has defeated fascism!!

  20. #8160

    mm

    Quote Originally Posted by USS Exeter View Post
    Trek wins, although the polls don't show it, all of the people with the most valid arguements voted for Star Trek!! Star Trek is the winner!!! Communism has defeated fascism!!
    Hmm. I am bored. Gonna argue for Star Wars now.

    Warsies! You got a new soldier!

    Star Wars wins for pretty obvious reasons.

    #1 CANON sources show that each turbolaser blast is 13 gigatons each and the only reason they couldnt take out the Massassi temples was because it was solid rock.

    edit: I sound like an idiot...

Similar Threads

  1. By Fettman in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 10-18-11, 02:02 PM
    Replies: 33
  2. By USS Athens in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-16-10, 04:47 PM
    Replies: 291
  3. By superstring01 in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-11-10, 01:57 PM
    Replies: 60
  4. By Orleander in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 07-11-09, 08:33 PM
    Replies: 27
  5. By Asguard in forum Computer Science & Culture
    Last Post: 09-13-08, 02:15 AM
    Replies: 0

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •