View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

51 7.61%
  • Farscape

14 2.09%
  • Dune

54 8.06%
  • Stargate

39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Enterprise-D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shichimenshyo View Post
    wouldnt that be what a tractor beam/and or interdictor crusier would be for?
    Trek engineers have shown lots of ingenuity in overcoming tractor beams, outside of early Borg encounters. But early Borg encounters no longer count

Lasers in SW are still weaker than Blaster weapons but all we have to do is put a few of them on a ISD or any kinda capital ship and that gives a big big + to accuracy.

Or we could add some SPHA-T guns like they did in the clone wars.

wouldnt that be what a tractor beam/and or interdictor crusier would be for?
    Interdictors would have no effect on Impulse/ Warp drives.
    And Tractor beams need to lock on and hit a ship traveling at 80% Speed of Light minimum since in 2200s, in TOS the Movie, impulse meant 80% speed of light.
    Plus. The Picard Maneuver and relativism are also extremely limiting factors when considering the ways and means for SW ships to hit ST ships.

Quote Originally Posted by Fettman View Post
    Lasers in SW are still weaker than Blaster weapons but all we have to do is put a few of them on a ISD or any kinda capital ship and that gives a big big + to accuracy.

Or we could add some SPHA-T guns like they did in the clone wars.
    Turrets cant move fast enough to track something at 80% speed of light... And SW ships go slow to begin with. SPHA-T guns are projectile weapons, right? They cant accelerate to eve close to 80% speed of light...
    The Picard Maneuver, or more complex versions of that maneuver, can create illusions of many ST ships.

Also. When in Warp, you can see other ships visually. Even if they are outside your warp field.
    That means that Protons in Warp can escape the warp field not drop out of warp, yet be picked up by human eyes who are in Impulse.
    That means that a photon torpedo shot at Warp speeds will escape the field and not destabilize. It also can interact/collide with a target that is NOT at Warp.
    So. If a ship is at Warp 9 and fires a 100kg Photon Torpedo at any Empire ship... Instant destruction!

Registered Senior Member
    SPHA-Ts are beam weapons. Alos, you have to remember that ST ships would have to slow down to speeds close to the Empire's. Otherwise you go to fast to engage. And remember, the galaxy gun is a FTL projectile.

Just so you know, if ST can't beat SW in the 24th century, then 30th century Federation would never of happened. And you must admit, time travel is the ultimate cop out. IF all seems lost, go back in time and try again. Its like Godwin's Law. Its an instant "I win button" for SW since it means that current ST tech can't beat them, and you have to try to call in future forces. And remmebr the adverse side effects of time travel. A single planet being destroyed would have massive repurcussions up the timeline. Same thing with the Romulans, Klingons, Vulcans, anyone.

I doubt that the Empire would be friendly with any ST faction. Also, remember that we seem to have duplicate profiles here (Enterprises A,B,C,D, and E). That means that someone can supposedly act as a newcomer and just be trying to "back-up" their own theories. If you are a duplicate profile, please get out of here. Anything you agree with to try to sway things in your favor is going to be onesided since you'll agree with everything you say.

Very Special Senior Member USS Athens's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by halo07guy View Post
    Also, remember that we seem to have duplicate profiles here (Enterprises A,B,C,D, and E). That means that someone can supposedly act as a newcomer and just be trying to "back-up" their own theories. If you are a duplicate profile, please get out of here. Anything you agree with to try to sway things in your favor is going to be onesided since you'll agree with everything you say.
    I't is impossible to have more than one profile on this site, because it requires a unique email address.

SPHA-Ts are beam weapons. Alos, you have to remember that ST ships would have to slow down to speeds close to the Empire's. Otherwise you go to fast to engage. And remember, the galaxy gun is a FTL projectile.
    ST ships have been proven to fire at enemies at 50,000+KM away at Warp 9.975. I doubt they need to slow down.
    Plus.
    Ships at impulse have shot at stationary targets before and impulse can be ATLEAST 80% speed of light.
    SW capital ships are relatively snails compared to ST ships. ST ships will have NO problem attacking SW ships at max impulse. And, SW weapons, which are turret weapons mostly, wont be able to move fast enough to keep up with Impulse. Much less, Warp.

Just so you know, if ST can't beat SW in the 24th century, then 30th century Federation would never of happened. And you must admit, time travel is the ultimate cop out. IF all seems lost, go back in time and try again. Its like Godwin's Law. Its an instant "I win button" for SW since it means that current ST tech can't beat them, and you have to try to call in future forces. And remmebr the adverse side effects of time travel. A single planet being destroyed would have massive repurcussions up the timeline. Same thing with the Romulans, Klingons, Vulcans, anyone.

But the 30th century DID happen. Which proves that ST won any war with the Empire...
    If they will seem to lose the war, the entire 30th century fleet will come back and help 24th century fight the Empire. Or, you redo everything if you lose. Face it. ST has the tech to use a "redo" button. SW doesnt.
    filler. My message is inside the quotes.

Caught in the machine shichimenshyo's Avatar
    Im sure this has already been touched on but if Jedi have an uncanny ability to see things before they happen wouldnt it be possibler for Sw ships to use jedi as a means of predicting the course of st ships to effectively fire on them?

Are we even talking about the force in this debate? because thats a pretty bad ass weapon, and jedi would beat down any ST being in hand to hand......hands down

Im sure this has already been touched on but if Jedi have an uncanny ability to see things before they happen wouldnt it be possibler for Sw ships to use jedi as a means of predicting the course of st ships to effectively fire on them?
    That would mean every crew-member would have to be a jedi. And there arent that many Jedi anyway. Cloning jedi isnt something the Council will ever allow.

Are we even talking about the force in this debate? because thats a pretty bad ass weapon, and jedi would beat down any ST being in hand to hand......hands down
    A phaser at wide beam would be un-deflectable by Jedi. And SW troops dont have any anti-beaming gear.
    Any ST trooper with a hand-held phaser-pistol can dispose of a Jedi. SW guns are a series of bursts, giving the Jedi enough time to deflect them all. ST weapons can be set to hit everything in front of it at a wide arc in a continuous burst. A Jedi cant defend against a LITERAL infinite points of attack. Plus, SW blasters' bursts travel at slower-than-light speeds. Phasers are exactly light-speed. No one can move faster than c. Not even a Jedi.
    Filler. My message is inside quotes.

Caught in the machine shichimenshyo's Avatar
    Its hard to fire a phaser when your being choked out by an invisable force

Also There was an instance where a jedi trainee was able to channel the force power of several jedi to destroy a fleet of star destroyers by making an invisble force wall that literally threw the ships across space, I would imagine that not even traveling at the speed of light would help you avoid that kind of weapon

Hmm. lets see. 4 ST soldiers vs. 4 Jedi (on a good day for the Jedi). Only one of the soldiers has to fire for all 4 jedi to die...

Also There was an instance where a jedi trainee was able to channel the force power of several jedi to destroy a fleet of star destroyers by making an invisble force wall that literally threw the ships across space, I would imagine that not even traveling at the speed of light would help you avoid that kind of weapon
    I bet not everyone can do that and I doubt the Jedi can throw something they cant see or feel until it has already passed... And, Federation fleets number in the dozens, and none of them can be hit by conventional weapons fire.
    PLUS. As I have said before. During the Clone wars, were wasnt more than 1/2 Jedi in each battle. And they were usually commanders. They wont fight a fully fledged battle...

filler. Like above.

Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar

I doubt that the Empire would be friendly with any ST faction. Also, remember that we seem to have duplicate profiles here (Enterprises A,B,C,D, and E). That means that someone can supposedly act as a newcomer and just be trying to "back-up" their own theories. If you are a duplicate profile, please get out of here. Anything you agree with to try to sway things in your favor is going to be onesided since you'll agree with everything you say.
    Actually, the Federation would HAVE to win because we have evidence, in the series (highest canon) that there is a Federation far into the future.

Thus, this entire argument has been null and void...

Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    Thus, this entire argument has been null and void...
    Yeah. We should have thought of that 348 pages ago...
    haha.

Star Destroyers would make good Kamakazees!!!!

What my dream ship would be is kind of obvious.

If the Empire has beam weapons, think what the dreadnaught missile could do.VOY: "Dreadnaught" Overload!!!!!!!!!

In the films of SW, I have only seen the force do the following:

Detect people, but never exactly where

Levitate things

Shock people, but only extreamly few people do so

Choke people, but taking so long and only being able to choke one person at a time isn't much of a tactical advantage; It's really only handy as a form of punishment, saying that Vader's got all-day and is not in any combat situation

Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    Quite easily:

1) Our delegates in this argument are not blathering fools, unlike yourself. We provide hard evidence, take into account facts from the other side, and admit when we are wrong. You, however, have apparently never heard of a thing called humility and need a very large slice of humble pie. How you have survived as long as you have with this mindset of yours is beyond me, but I hope you never get the chance to reproduce.

2) Our ships actually, you know, move when they fight. Yours just sort of sit there.

3) From a basis standpoint, Star Trek is far longer lived than Star Wars and it's vision is FAR larger than anything Lucas could possibly attempt to write. That's why Lucas has to rely on other people to make up and fill in large gaps in his story.

4) What has happened to your universe in the two billion years since it formed? Science dictates that in that timespan, your stars have burned out and gone dead or supernova, your population has died out or evolved beyond war or, and more likely, global appocalypse has occured on many of your worlds rendering them inhabitable. Perhaps that's what happened- your people traveled to a distant land... and now Star Trek is what has come from it. Trek is the next evolution of Star Wars. Oh, and by the way, given the current trend in Star Wars, if you're stars somehow DID exceed their natural lifespan by over a billion years, then your people probably killed themselves with inner conflicts.

I can continue, but I think I've proven my point nicely.
    Pulled from the archives, BEAUTIFUL!

Quote Originally Posted by USS Enterprise-B View Post
    Regarding the pride and joy of the Galactic Empire, the Death Star, why do SW fans make such a big deal out of it? Let's create a little situation, the Rebelion appears in front of it. They have no idea what to do because they are not very good problem solvers. So they get blown to kindom come. But what if just any ship from the Federation appears in front of it. They will scan the DS's layout and realize that the Superlaser fires in only one direction. So they move to the other side of the DS and out of range of the surface turrets (not that lasers would affect a standard Starfleet shield) and scan for a weak point. (Depending on which Death Star) they would scan and find the weakness. If it was the first one, they would use either Photon, Quantum, and if at all possible, Transphasic torpedos on the thermal exaust port. If it was the second DS, they would send Peregine class attack fighters and if Tom Paris ever proposed it, Delta Flyers and basically blow it up.
    I just had to pull this one out!

Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    Warp was a concept long before Star Trek. As was graviton. Isolinear does exist it mean same or one line. The prefix iso- means same or one. Just the over use of that term alone is enough to let you know that ST writers were just writing dialog based on what sounded cool. Even under suspension of disblief this means they have Photn torpedoes that are ~25 tons of TNT.

Trust me the scientific community does not speak like they do in Star trek. They write like it, but don't actually speak it.

If this is be a issue of trust then do you not believe this statement should be spoken by a trustworthy individual?