View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

    227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

    285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

    51 7.61%
  • Farscape

    14 2.09%
  • Dune

    54 8.06%
  • Stargate

    39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

  1. #5681
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    My Final Words:

    Scott keeps bringing up Trek discrepencies and using them as hard fact- Give it a rest dickhead. Star Trek is a far longer-lived entity than Star Wars ever will be. Spanning as many seasons as Trek does, the producers and writers did damn good at keeping it as consistant as they could. I would love to see you do better. [COLOR="RoyalBlueIn working proces ][/COLOR]

    Star Wars is the three original movies to me. It always was, always will be. They were what started it all and make Special FX what they are today. The next six movies were meh, but acceptible. All this bullshit that comes pouring out of the books... Lucas has said HIMSELF that it is SEPARATE from his universe. It is EXTENDED UNIVERSE. Pure ST vs SW does NOT include that shit for the reason that it is one giant mistake in itself.
    I'm learning about this Extended universe as i go. I find it pretty amazing but indeed it is a kind of spin-off from starwars.[/COLOR]

    Trek technology is slowly being proven to be possible STill have my doughts about that. It's sci-fi so who cares if it's possible.
    - we know for a fact that most of the Wars technobabble is just that. It is HIGHLY unlikely to ever work (electromagnetic turbines for FTL speed? WTF? Just having a moving PART to try to generate that at FTL speeds would shred itself). Where Trek physics fails, SCI FI takes over, not pseudo science.

    Star Wars as a movie franchise > Star Trek. Trek just cannot stay consistantly good with their movies. Wars, the triliogy was awsome. No doubt about it.
    I'm 34 and grew up with starwars ( and trek for that matter) To me personal SW will allways trump ST; allthough i'm fond of ST to

    Star Trek as a series > Star Wars for the fact that a Wars series doesn't exist. 2008 cgi-series between episode 3 and 4
    2009 acted serie but who knows what era.


    Star Trek Tech > Star Wars Tech for it's attempt at being realistic and plausible, if hard to understand.
    It's both sci-fi. I personaly belief if we're ever gonna travel the distances both show do it will be more like stargate, through some kind of wormhole. I saw that in ds9 though, and it look awsome.

    Wars Tech > Trek Tech for it's simplicity and it's pure kickassness (large ships blowing up planets = wootage on any level)

    In the end, BOTH are good in their own respects. Given what I have seen on screen, Trek would win because their technology is superior, their tactical officers actually think for themselves, and when they take up a phaser they intend to hit something with the first or second shot, not a dozen or so shots later. Wars has better drama and is easier to relate to, but trek is more advanced looking (ever wonder why there is no exterior view of a ship at hyperspace? It's because of technical limitations)
    I agree. Starwars is far more about massive attacks, so why do troopers need to be accurate is they only have to shoot once. Massive space battles, kickass heroes.
    Startrek is minor, smaller ships (be very powerfull though) accurate firing,
    less ppl, less species. You have to keep in mind that humans are just a few hundred years in space. So there are a lot of species to have contact with.
    But if humans in ST have yet a billion years to evolve? who know where they will be. Probably where SW is now. Big kickass ships.


    This is mere in my opinion.

    So scott, you believe whatever helps you sleep at night. The rest of us will continue with our lives knowing what's real and ignoring your little fantasy world.
    The eclipse (etu) is a bad motherf*ing ship though.

  2. #5682
    Minister of Technology
    Posts
    4,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    My Final Words:
    God I can only hope so, it's getting deep in here.

    Scott keeps bringing up Trek discrepencies and using them as hard fact- Give it a rest dickhead. Star Trek is a far longer-lived entity than Star Wars ever will be. Spanning as many seasons as Trek does, the producers and writers did damn good at keeping it as consistant as they could. I would love to see you do better.
    Hey, they appear on screen and therefor they are canon and therefore are canon fact. If the show was truly that successful don't you think they could have afforded the same neccesity every other show has: A continuity director.

    I will admit that Star trek came first and sort shown a weak flashlight onto the path. Then came Star Wars and remade the face of Sci-fi more than anything else has before or since. Sci-fi went from being a joke (excepting 2001 Space Oddessy and Close Encounters of the Third Kind) and turned it inot a movie and television phenomenon. Star Wars made possible the Star Trek movies and the subsequent series.

    Star Wars is the three original movies to me. It always was, always will be. They were what started it all and make Special FX what they are today. The next six movies were meh, but acceptible. All this bullshit that comes pouring out of the books... Lucas has said HIMSELF that it is SEPARATE from his universe. It is EXTENDED UNIVERSE. Pure ST vs SW does NOT include that shit for the reason that it is one giant mistake in itself.
    He said that ONCE and has since made different comments, including the Anakin's scar. See you accuse me or harp on a discrepiency, but then you start in on one of your own. He said that he does not worry about the other stories, he concerns himself with the movies and that the movies are always right. But he also said that the time between the movies he leaves to other people to handle. Missed that part didn't you. Newer statement always win out.

    Doesn't matter Death Star is the ultimate answer. Nothing in Star Trek, that is still alive, can build anything even remotely like the Death Star. Yet the Empire, while under attack could get one 75% completed in secret in just sixth months.

    Trek technology is slowly being proven to be possible- we know for a fact that most of the Wars technobabble is just that. It is HIGHLY unlikely to ever work (electromagnetic turbines for FTL speed? WTF? Just having a moving PART to try to generate that at FTL speeds would shred itself). Where Trek physics fails, SCI FI takes over, not pseudo science.
    Oh it is to laugh. What things in trek science are possible, hmmm, let's see the Ion Engine, oh that is Star Wars too. And that would be it. Nothing else in Trek functions even remotely like anything we see in there.

    However the Blaster is a very real possibility for laser generation. Lasing special gas exomers is still being refined in research.

    Star Wars as a movie franchise > Star Trek. Trek just cannot stay consistantly good with their movies. Wars, the triliogy was awsome. No doubt about it.
    Even the Prequels were awesome if you dialed back your preconcieved notions.

    Star Trek as a series > Star Wars for the fact that a Wars series doesn't exist.
    Coming soon and guaranteed to have a bigger draw that ST ever had.

    Star Trek Tech > Star Wars Tech for it's attempt at being realistic and plausible, if hard to understand.
    Are you fucking kidding me. Okays let's list completely unfeasable

    Matter-Antimatter reactor: This energy production method actually has a net loss. First you have to produce the Antimatter, as it does not just flout around. Then you have to store the AM in shielded containers, otherwise your fuel explodes. Then you have the reaction, which would have to be 100% efficent just so you are only out the shielding energy.

    Transporter: Talk about a persons worst nightmare. Imagine being ripped apart at the sub atomic level and then being shipped subspace to your destination and being reassembled. Excuse me but i think I'll take the shuttle instead.

    Phasers: A phased beam of particles that cuases massive chain reaction in the subject, but not the energy to sustain such a reaction.

    Wars Tech > Trek Tech for it's simplicity and it's pure kickassness (large ships blowing up planets = wootage on any level)
    Glad you agree.

    In the end, BOTH are good in their own respects. Given what I have seen on screen, Trek would win because their technology is superior, their tactical officers actually think for themselves, and when they take up a phaser they intend to hit something with the first or second shot, not a dozen or so shots later. Wars has better drama and is easier to relate to, but trek is more advanced looking (ever wonder why there is no exterior view of a ship at hyperspace? It's because of technical limitations)
    Trek is good about sermonizing and Watrs is good at every damn thing. It has ST beat hands down. Hell the Rebel Alliance could conquer ST and without super weapons. And BTW several times we see Wars craft travelling in hyperspace, it's just normally the trip is so short.

    So scott, you believe whatever helps you sleep at night. The rest of us will continue with our lives knowing what's real and ignoring your little fantasy world.
    I just know you have no clue what you are talking about. I sleep just fine except for this case of cellulitus. I am pretty sure that

  3. #5683
    Minister of Technology
    Posts
    4,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    The truth is, we have NOT seen a "limit" to Q's power. We know from things he stated in the show that when he wants to do something, he just thinks it and snaps his fingers. No matter what it is, it is done.
    Actually we have seen a limit. The most impressive he has done was repair a moons orbit. That is it. While that is impressive it hardly godlike. Kal El can do that.

    Photon Torps (and indeed all Trek torps) are shielded. Thus no tractor beams, no destroying them (and even if they were unshielded, your chances to hit them are slim to nil) etc.
    By you definition then shielded ships cannot be tractored, but we know they can be. Star Wars has the equivalent of the Photon Torpedo called the Proton torpedo which is much smaller and much the same sublight speed. Yet none are ever used Long distance becuase an ISD's Point defense grid would pick it off at any distance greater than 200 meters.

    Buzzdroids and other droids would be no problem. Photon torps are not just impact detonation. Proximity detonation, remote detonation, etc.
    So putting Buzzdroid in the way would help anyways. Okay

    And if your force users are SO strong, why did the DS and DS2 get blown up in the first place?
    Well, Vader was actually distracted by his obsessive goal of destroying the trench runners and did not hear the warning about the Falcon. one of his wingmen went up (for to him no reason) and the other wingman accidently side swipped him, sending him into a uncontrolled spin out. Luke then used the force power of concentration and fired two proton torpedoes into a two meter shaft while flying at maximum speed, without his targeting computer.

    Second Death Star fell becuase Luke successfully appealed to the good side in Anakin, who in turn killed the Emperor. The Emperor at the time was using a little know force trick that allows someone to increase the efficency of their troops. With the sudden loss of coordination the ships began making minor mistakes. meanwhile Wedge (arguably the best pilot in the galaxy) led Lando (arguable in the top twenty) into the infrastructure of the DSII and destroyed the main reactor setting it off. it is of note that Luke managed to escape the Death StarII in a craft that you are not supposed to be able to fly alone.

    And no, Scott. The Ent-D was quite happy inside the stars corona. It never states in the episode that the warp core was being overly taxed- if I remember correctly, the metaphasic shielding was actually sabottagued (pardon my spelling, it's five in the fuckin morning)
    I was talking Descent, and no it was not happy at all. The ship was literally being roasted. If it had not been for some quick thought on the part of the thrid stringers the Rogue borg would have just waited until the Enterprise D was roasted.

    And no, suspension of disbelief means we take face value for what is shown in the show.
    Also meeans we take face value for all fictional works within the shows canon

    If you want to go with face value, you are ROYALLY screwed. Why? Because Q-torps work by extending the matter/antimatter thru a seven dimensional matrix inside a zero point clean vacuume. Suspension of disbelief dictates that since it hasn't been proven to be unable to be done, we can simply do that to your ships.
    So it doubles the power of the photn Torpedo 124 megatons. Whoopie!

    Suspension of disbelief states that, since Q has never shown himself to have any power AND has saved/helped Humanity on more than one occasion (not to mention having a fondness for Humanity and a very evident desire to help nurture it and help it grow, even if he is misguided) he could simply make your little toys disappear.
    Problem is both sides of the war is humanity!

    Besides he never saved humanity, he allowed Picard an extra tool to fix paradox that Picard made. He did not save earth from either borg invasion. He did not side with the Federation in the Dominion war. He did not return Voyager to the alpha quadrant. He did not save the Maquis. he


    Suspension of disbelief states that since we have never seen Borg nanoprobes in the SW universe, a nanoprobe bomb attack would most likely be successful as the wars people wouldn't have the foggiest idea what to do about it. Sure, maybe those strong with the force wouldn't be affected, but everyone else? Now they are borg
    but we have not seen a Borg nanoprobe bomb attack succeed. in fact they asked Seven of Nines help in refining it and she refused. So this is a nullpoint. in fact they would have to get it to target. How are they going to do that when they can possible susrvive even Victory Class Star Destroyer.


    Suspension of disbelief states that Star Trek will kick your ass six ways to sunday. So lets not open that up shall we?
    I said suspension of disbelief, not suspension of reason

  4. #5684
    Minister of Technology
    Posts
    4,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    unless we see something to show otherwise, yeah. After all, he could sustain Picard on the outside hull of the Ent-D without any pressure suit or oxygen feed. that seems kind of impressive. he killed, then brought back to life, Tasha Yar (security guard) in Rendevouz at Farpoint. He can change the gravitational constant of the universe on a whim and can move solar bodies at will.
    He has not shown anything more spectacular than restoring a moons orbit. That is it. That is the biggest thing we have seen done. the rest is doable. After all Q and Picard could talk on the outside of the hull so Q was sustaining an atmosphere. He brought Tasha back to life, impressive, but hardly unique.

    Cade Skywalker brought his master back to life in the EU and he was a teenager.


    At the VERY least he could cause massive swarms of asteroids to slam into the Wars armada and planets, obliterating them (watch, now Scott will try to claim that asteroid impacts won't damage Wars ships...)
    He could have done that versus the Dominion but he didn't. Why would he against SW?

  5. #5685
    Very Special Senior Member USS Athens's Avatar
    Posts
    1,265
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vasago View Post
    and in startrek it does ?
    Yes, check here at http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Warp_drive. It is the only real way of faster than light travel because Eistein's theory of realitivity states that nothing can move faster than light meaning this is the only way possible way to move faster than light. I've also seen this in a Popular Science magazine a few years ago entitled, "The Science of Warp Drive".

  6. #5686
    Very Special Senior Member USS Athens's Avatar
    Posts
    1,265
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    Oh it is to laugh. What things in trek science are possible, hmmm, let's see the Ion Engine, oh that is Star Wars too. And that would be it. Nothing else in Trek functions even remotely like anything we see in there.
    Ummmm... Warp Drive: http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Warp_drive. Only way of moving faster than light is this because of Eistien's theory of realitivity. This makes alot more sense than any shit Lucas or SW can yank otta' their asses.

  7. #5687
    Quote Originally Posted by USS Enterprise-B View Post
    Ummmm... Warp Drive: http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Warp_drive. Only way of moving faster than light is this because of Eistien's theory of realitivity. This makes alot more sense than any shit Lucas or SW can yank otta' their asses.
    Einstein also said for every decision you make there are two alternative dimentions created, each for one of your choises.
    Hyperdrive is travelling trough an alternative dimention

  8. #5688
    I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Enterprise-D's Avatar
    Posts
    1,898
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    We have seen no limits to the Jedi. ROTS proved that as Anaking and Obiwan were fighting just scant inches aboved a river of Lava. They should not have been able to breathe. But the thing is you have to prove he can, since you are the one who is claiming he can.
    I think it's funny that you require Trekkies to prove Q limits simply because you saw nothing better than Q moving a moon's orbit. Yet you maintain that there are no limits to the Jedi because they were able to breathe in a hostile atmosphere. Dude, various Q have stood up in blank vacuum SPACE on the hull of the Enterprise! (eg STTNG - True Q)

    If the best thing that a Jedi can do is crash a small trooper ship in low atmostphere via telekenesis, swing a light saber, or fight in lava steam; they are absolutely no match for Q, who can instantaneously appear anywhere - including at the Big Bang, or inside an atom (STVOY - Death Wish), fling the Enterprise D thousands of light years (STTNG - Q Who) - or transport Borg Cubes instantaneously (STVOY - Q2), shapeshift (STVOY - Q2), make time portals in their infancy (the Guardian of Tomorrow was a child-Q project), and yes alter the orbit of a moon, alter the genetic structure of mortal humanoids (STTNG - Hide and Q, where Riker after being given powers by Q, ages Wesley; or Q giving Data the ability to laugh), manipulate one person's timeline (STTNG-Tapestry, All Good Things)...the list goes on.
    Last edited by Enterprise-D; 06-27-07 at 10:02 AM.

  9. #5689
    Valued Senior Member Hellblade8's Avatar
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vasago View Post
    I know their are a lot of things that can't be replicated but spareparts for voyager itself would be possible. Didn't i read voyager was in the end capable of restoring(healing) itself? sounds neat though
    Ther are some things on Voyager, like the warp coils, which they can't replicate and have to trade for.

  10. #5690
    Valued Senior Member Hellblade8's Avatar
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    By thick incredibly resistant armor he means a few cubes have plating that is half a meter thick, the rest of them are open construstion and quite frail.
    No its not. If that where true then it wouldn't be able to travel in space. What you see are layers in the armor. The outer part appears open, but beneath it is a hull. Just look at all the other borg cubes after Best of Both Worlds, they have layers, but they are indeed closed ships with alot very strong hull.

  11. #5691
    Valued Senior Member Hellblade8's Avatar
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    Well here is where you are wrong. using the entire Warp Core output the Enterprise D survived in a stars Corona for quite some time, though it did suffer damage from doing so.
    I've already given you a quote from the script to prove that you're wrong. When will you give it a rest? And are you going to respond to my post?

    Also in the Thrawn Trilogy an ISD survived being almost in Nkllon' corona for several hours with no structural damage. Now this would seem trivial but the Nkllon star was unusually to the point of being mentioned as being one of the most energetic stars in the galaxy. Oddly enough Lando Calrisians corporation was capable of designing a ship that could produce protective shadows, without the use of shields.
    Conflict with G-level canon. So sorry.

    Finally in argument. Suspension of disbelief means we have to take the material at face value, if the book says it is 12.5 gigatons then it is 12.5 gigatons and the shields of opposing ships are known for being able to resist, temporarily, that level of firepower.
    No its not you idiot. Taking things at face value means that Han was right when he said that the entire starfleet could not destroy Alderaan. This proves your firepower figure wrong. Not to mention the highest yield we get is being able to vaporize a small town. Stop ignoring G-level canon in favor of EU.

  12. #5692
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,678
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    What non canon hole did you pull that from? Oh, never mind, I am not a proctologist and don't care to see it.


    Canon Definition of Class M is very suitable for sustaining life. There is no provision for land mass, mineral content, or even presence of life.

    Now you can add any definition you wnat, but the moment you do you are stepping out side of canon.
    Well, given that planets that can easily sustain human life are M which are Earthlike, class O, which are covered mostly in water but are otherwise the same as class M, class P, which are the same as class O except the water is mostly frozen (glaciers).

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_Tr...lassifications

    There are MANY planets able to easily sustain life, provided that life can adapt to extreme heat or cold.

    My favorite is class R, rogue planets They don't even ORBIT a star

  13. #5693
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,678
    The Jedi have shown, at best, the ability to:

    Manipulate others
    Survive in environments others could not
    Survive attacks others could not
    Pilot and fire more accurately than your standard pilot (which isn't saying much)

    The Q have stated and shown the ABILITY TO WIPE OUT ALL GRAVITY WITH A SINGLE THOUGHT.

    Q: Change the gravitational constant of the univserse.
    Geordie: How do you do that?
    Q: You just DO it!

    I love it- You just do. Q = nearly unlimited power. Q is exactly what Popadobalalpatine wanted to become. Except lil ole emperor died. Q hasn't.

    Q > Sith/Jedi. Period.

    And Star Trek tech that is real:

    AntiMatter (We make AntiMatter to study)
    Deuterium (Hydrogen 2 isotope that's frozen. Look it up)
    Warp Drive (Theorized to be the best way to achieve faster than light by many scientists)
    PHASERS (PHASed Energy Rectification) - we are working on non-contact energy weapons now- they have NO kinetic element, so you cannot call them blasters :P
    Starships- sleek, beautiful, well crafted, built in space. The best way to get away from earth is to build it outside of earths gravity
    Space stations - slowly but surely we are building bigger and better things. The day will come when we have a permanent space station.
    Impulse Drive - I don't have to explain this do I?
    Anti-gravity- the way trek explains it is technicaly feasible.
    HypoSprays - we have recently developed ways of turning the fluids used in injections into a microscopic density suspension that can be "forced" thru the skin without a needle.
    Holograms - yes, I went there. http://www.liveleak.com/player2.swf?...95&p=57253&s=1

    Much of the medical technology is possible or already in use today.

    Need I continue?

    What is possible on the wars side?

    Uhm... hm. IonDrive... most of the cap ships they make are SO HUGE they would tear themselves apart and the kinetic energies at either end would send people flying every time it turned (you take a 1km long pole and swing it so the arc between your hands moves an inch and the tip of said pole will sing what? A good few hundred feet? Yeah)

    The force? Puhlease.
    Quantum Singularity propulsion/powerproduction systems? Whats??? Black holes EAT energy.
    Maybe landspeeders... cause those are cool...
    And I want AT-AT legs on my pathfinder http://whatishoth.ytmnd.com/

  14. #5694
    Valued Senior Member Hellblade8's Avatar
    Posts
    1,099
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    Hey, they appear on screen and therefor they are canon and therefore are canon fact. If the show was truly that successful don't you think they could have afforded the same neccesity every other show has: A continuity director.
    Hey, the Defiant changes size on screen, does that mean the UFP can magically alter the size of their ships at a moments notice?

    I will admit that Star trek came first and sort shown a weak flashlight onto the path. Then came Star Wars and remade the face of Sci-fi more than anything else has before or since. Sci-fi went from being a joke (excepting 2001 Space Oddessy and Close Encounters of the Third Kind) and turned it inot a movie and television phenomenon. Star Wars made possible the Star Trek movies and the subsequent series.
    Weak? Dude, they where going to make a second series for Star Trek, but decided to make it into a movie to compete with the SW movies coming out. And when they tried it in the same fashion it sucked, but when they did Wrath of Khan in the way that Star Trek does things, it rocked. And what world do you live in? Most people still consider Sci-Fi to be a joke.

    He said that ONCE and has since made different comments, including the Anakin's scar. See you accuse me or harp on a discrepiency, but then you start in on one of your own. He said that he does not worry about the other stories, he concerns himself with the movies and that the movies are always right. But he also said that the time between the movies he leaves to other people to handle. Missed that part didn't you. Newer statement always win out.
    Except the firepower you present goes against the yields Lucas claims, apparently, there is a problem here. And when the canons disagree, the higher canon always wins.

    Doesn't matter Death Star is the ultimate answer. Nothing in Star Trek, that is still alive, can build anything even remotely like the Death Star. Yet the Empire, while under attack could get one 75% completed in secret in just sixth months.
    The Death Star was destroyed...twice by a vastly inferior group with limited resources.

    Oh it is to laugh. What things in trek science are possible, hmmm, let's see the Ion Engine, oh that is Star Wars too. And that would be it. Nothing else in Trek functions even remotely like anything we see in there.
    Yeah, if only Lucas would become original in his workings, perhaps someone might consider it something worth noting. In fact, Lucas was only original from the fact that he stole from a bunch of other movies and series and tapped it all together. He likely even stole the Force thing too.

    However the Blaster is a very real possibility for laser generation. Lasing special gas exomers is still being refined in research.
    So what?

    Even the Prequels were awesome if you dialed back your preconcieved notions.
    Ah yes, nothing like watching Episode I, where you get to watch a annoying child drive some sort of crappy hover car and then watch as that annoying child rapes the shit out of a Federation ship, who apparently are so stupid as to keep part of their main reactor in the hanger bay (like no one is going to shoot in there). And that doesn't even describe the agony of watching Jar-Jar, who apparently is placed in a command position of an army, despite everyone knowing that he's an incompetent moron.

    Or Attack of the Clones, where the new Anakin apparently was the current flunkie of William Shatner's School of Acting. With now there still being Jar-Jar who is still annoying as hell. At least he keeps his mouth shut in the third movie.

    Coming soon and guaranteed to have a bigger draw that ST ever had.
    Uh-huh...until people realize that its complete and uter shit and stop watching it. And dude, get your head out of your ass. Star Trek had a pretty big draw itself. And do you really think people are going to care to watch it? I mean, just look what Lucas did with Episode 1-3 and the reaction from most of the fans. Oh right, it sucked and the reaction was negative.

    Matter-Antimatter reactor: This energy production method actually has a net loss. First you have to produce the Antimatter, as it does not just flout around. Then you have to store the AM in shielded containers, otherwise your fuel explodes. Then you have the reaction, which would have to be 100% efficent just so you are only out the shielding energy.
    Unless a more efficent way of making anti-matter was created...at least its power source is realistic.

    Transporter: Talk about a persons worst nightmare. Imagine being ripped apart at the sub atomic level and then being shipped subspace to your destination and being reassembled. Excuse me but i think I'll take the shuttle instead.
    Big deal.

    Phasers: A phased beam of particles that cuases massive chain reaction in the subject, but not the energy to sustain such a reaction.
    Actually, they're said to vaporize targets.

    Trek is good about sermonizing and Watrs is good at every damn thing. It has ST beat hands down. Hell the Rebel Alliance could conquer ST and without super weapons. And BTW several times we see Wars craft travelling in hyperspace, it's just normally the trip is so short.
    Oh for the love of...if your so confident in what you say, why don't you ever reply to me when I beat the ever living shit out of your false theories, claims, and suggestions? The Rebel alliance had only a small fleet and a few fighters and possibly a few planets that secretly sided with them. Even if they had 12.5 Gigatons per HTL, they would still lose simply from the fact that the UFP has thousands of ships with far greater ranges. And that's not even including the Klingons and the Romulans. And again, they don't have gigaton level weaponry, at most, low megatons.

    And how is Star Wars so great? I mean, in Empire stricks back, they raise the deflector shields in case the Falcon decided to ram them, and yetthe Falcon can easily attach to their brig and they not notice anything is wrong? And apparently Han knew of a weakness that the officers on the ship didn't know? And how about the astroid scene? Even with sheilds that thing couldn't take that kind of hit. And even without shields its still pathetic. There is no way that these are the people who can hurl around gigaton level weapons. Double so thanks to Han's quote...I hope I don't have to mention which one I speak of. And again, why don't you ever respond to my posts? Your confidence is so apparent and yet you ignore my posts. Often after I post a script quote or make a statement you apparently can't disprove.

  15. #5695
    I'm back! Warp 8 Mr. Worf! Enterprise-D's Avatar
    Posts
    1,898
    Just so TW knows, in the "Nth Degree", the probe device that was seemingly responsible for the failure of the Argus Array had weaponry - according to Data at 3 Terawatts (3000 Gigawatts). Enterprise barely rocks at it. I would say that's canon evidence that Enterprise-D can withstand more than 400GW. Still less than his much vaunted turbolaser, but I just wanted to prove TW wrong

  16. #5696
    TW's standard response macros will dictate that he ignore all evidence pretaining to Star Trek superiority.

    I suggest that you let Scott go. You've won once he's stopped talking with you. As long as he continues to converse with you he believes he has the superior argument. Since he IS continuing to argue with you and has ceased with myself, I've assumed he's incapable of any sort of inteligent rejoinder verses my canon examples just as SIAN and NASOR could not deny the truth presented in Trek canon.

  17. #5697
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vasago View Post
    Isn't a borg ship more space itself than actual ship? So there's less mass to destroy?
    Is that was the damage report was saying?

    Data: The vessel has sustain damage to 20% of its' superstructure.

    Does the superstructure include empty space?
    Was Data report guaging the damage to empty space?

  18. #5698
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vasago View Post
    IS there proof that Q actualy has this power. I don't know?
    I know he moved a moon. But he might be exagerating about how powerfull he really is.
    Maybe they are so advanced that they have transportercapabilities way beyond UFP.
    I don't know but if they can be everywhere they know about the SWgalaxie too. For billions of years even, yet they leave them alone

    who knows maybe Q's power is the force and is that the reason why it can't be detected by UFP just kidding
    Of course Q is exagerating.
    Q said they only appear all power to us because we're so insignificantly powerful. He then related how a less technologically advanced race would be perceived by primitives.

    The question of whether they know about the star wars vondarian galaxy is an unknown factor. The Q aren't all knowing. Even if they are they don't have to appear as humans or reveal themselves at length

  19. #5699
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,678
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    He has not shown anything more spectacular than restoring a moons orbit. That is it. That is the biggest thing we have seen done. the rest is doable. After all Q and Picard could talk on the outside of the hull so Q was sustaining an atmosphere. He brought Tasha back to life, impressive, but hardly unique.

    Cade Skywalker brought his master back to life in the EU and he was a teenager.




    He could have done that versus the Dominion but he didn't. Why would he against SW?
    Again, EU. Not higher canon. As we have seen a FAILURE to be able to do this with other jedi MASTERS, we must assume it is a unique ability.

  20. #5700
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Enterprise-D View Post
    Just so TW knows, in the "Nth Degree", the probe device that was seemingly responsible for the failure of the Argus Array had weaponry - according to Data at 3 Terawatts (3000 Gigawatts). Enterprise barely rocks at it. I would say that's canon evidence that Enterprise-D can withstand more than 400GW. Still less than his much vaunted turbolaser, but I just wanted to prove TW wrong
    3 Terawatts Scotto. Take THAT and shove it up your thermal exhaust port!

Similar Threads

  1. By Fettman in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 10-18-11, 02:02 PM
    Replies: 33
  2. By USS Athens in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-16-10, 04:47 PM
    Replies: 291
  3. By superstring01 in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-11-10, 01:57 PM
    Replies: 60
  4. By Orleander in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 07-11-09, 08:33 PM
    Replies: 27
  5. By Asguard in forum Computer Science & Culture
    Last Post: 09-13-08, 02:15 AM
    Replies: 0

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •