View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

    227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

    285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

    51 7.61%
  • Farscape

    14 2.09%
  • Dune

    54 8.06%
  • Stargate

    39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

  1. #3941
    Registered Member
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Oli View Post
    Because if they've been around forever then they've all been there from the "start", so how can one be any younger at all?
    In my last post, I explained how Q can die, If they can die, that means they have to reproduce somehow, otherwise how would you have Q and q's son?... Not to mention, time goes by much faster in the Q continuum than in normal space.

  2. #3942
    Registered Member
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
    The Ancients and the Asgard and the Knox are the super powers of the Star Gate universe

    everything we see about the Asgard tells us they are near the very top in Fire power

    A Hatak battleship is capable of destroying a mountain like the Cheyenne Complex in a single blast what Carter said was 200 megatons...and that cities on the East coast were obliterated rapidly with such weapons.

    The Asgard easily defeat the Asgard using a demolecularizing beam. One weapon. Asgard shield technology is only limited by power. The ZPM attached to the Daedalus increased it's effectiveness by hundreds of times.

    In trek shields are limited by impact and equipment failure.
    Borg vs. Asgard...I chose the Asgard almost everytime.
    A Species 8472 Bio Ship most likely can obliterate the east coast easily, considering it can blast a Cube in one shot, and it only takes 8 Bio Ships to power the Weapon Focusing ship which can demolish planets.

    Also, I doubt that the Federation would fire against people from Earth. They would most likely just help The SGC in anyway they can to help defend Earth from its enemies, if it ever came to that.

    Asgard shield strength seems to be drained if it is hit on any side, while the Star Trek ships can divert power to sections of the shield, Forward and aft for most ships and the Sovereign has Forward, Aft, Ventral, and Dorsal shields. Also since some Federation ships employ Bio Neural gel pack technology, they can maneuver and enter commands faster than most Stargate ships. But as I said, I doubt that the Federation would fight Earth.. but rather negotiate with them and try and help them. Also its not hard to hit a Star Gate ship as it seems that they don't move much when they fire. Starfleet may not offer the SGC and its ships, phaser technology but, may help them develop weapons superior to railguns and missiles, after all, it is Earth.

    Star Trek ships shields are also limited by power, the more power they put into them, the more punishment the shields can take, But, they need to allocate power to other systems on the ship, such as Weapons, Life support, engines, they have no choice but to let the shields fall, if it comes to that, and power only the emergency shields when there are hull breaches.

  3. #3943
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumoben View Post
    In my last post, I explained how Q can die, If they can die, that means they have to reproduce somehow, otherwise how would you have Q and q's son?... Not to mention, time goes by much faster in the Q continuum than in normal space.

    I don't agree...the Q don't reproduce. Apparently there is a set number of them. Voyager's crew managed to overwhelm them with small away team armed witht their weapons...

    True we don't know how many there are in all but...come on...

  4. #3944
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumoben View Post
    A Species 8472 Bio Ship most likely can obliterate the east coast easily, considering it can blast a Cube in one shot, and it only takes 8 Bio Ships to power the Weapon Focusing ship which can demolish planets.
    no doubt


    Also, I doubt that the Federation would fire against people from Earth. They would most likely just help The SGC in anyway they can to help defend Earth from its enemies, if it ever came to that.
    I agree.

    Asgard shield strength seems to be drained if it is hit on any side, while the Star Trek ships can divert power to sections of the shield, Forward and aft for most ships and the Sovereign has Forward, Aft, Ventral, and Dorsal shields.
    we can't determine that yet...Trek has had the same problems with their shields. The Borge frequently took out the whole shield.

    Also since some Federation ships employ Bio Neural gel pack technology, they can maneuver and enter commands faster than most Stargate ships. But as I said, I doubt that the Federation would fight Earth..
    What if they were fighting for...Earth...


    Star Trek ships shields are also limited by power, the more power they put into them, the more punishment the shields can take,
    True...but it's truely limited by the amount of damage the equipment takes. A shield can be taken out with out busting through it...Like DS9...The powersurge can take out the generator and bring the shields down.

    Which brings me to another point. Star gate seems to have full protection untill the shield goes down. At least the Asgard do...The human ships have shown that kind of resilance. But, they need to allocate power to other systems on the ship, such as Weapons, Life support, engines, they have no choice but to let the shields fall, if it comes to that, and power only the emergency shields when there are hull breaches.[/QUOTE]

  5. #3945
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
    I don't agree...the Q don't reproduce. Apparently there is a set number of them. Voyager's crew managed to overwhelm them with small away team armed witht their weapons...

    True we don't know how many there are in all but...come on...
    Actully, they can reproduce. Their only few when universe first formed, so they made some more of them selves, plus they like to sleep with mortal. Nm, the exscuse why lol. Only reason q can even die is they strip another one of their powers. Which is what fighting was about, taking way other Q's powers.

    So have we finally ended this debate. Can we finally put it to bed yet?

  6. #3946
    Registered Member
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontai View Post
    Actully, they can reproduce. Their only few when universe first formed, so they made some more of them selves, plus they like to sleep with mortal. Nm, the exscuse why lol. Only reason q can even die is they strip another one of their powers. Which is what fighting was about, taking way other Q's powers.

    So have we finally ended this debate. Can we finally put it to bed yet?
    Nao Wai

  7. #3947
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    51
    I hope that means yes, cuase i am sick and very tired of of argueing. Well ,that and people alwase saying trek is weak.

  8. #3948
    Registered Member
    Posts
    27
    Just curious, has anyone watched the DvD, Star Wars vs Star Trek, the Rivalry Continues?.. Its pretty interesting although, not about combat and such...

  9. #3949
    Here's a question far ya. If Q is here from the beginning and is evrywhere.

    Wouldn't the be in the SW and Stargate universe too?

    For them the ST vs SW would be nothing more than Federation vs Romulans or the Empire vs the Rebels.

    but i wonder; if the Q can be overwhelm with bij Janeway and kan be wounded and killed than infact wouldn't the federation eventually win from Q? a meer question


    Saquist. In stargate SG1 I saw ones a episode where a dude creates a shield round a gate and with evry fire anyone took it got bigger till it covered the whole planet. Let the federation or Empire beat that.

    or maybe they can use that plant that grow rapidly with light. Put one seed on a homeplanet ST or SW.

    But i don't think a Gould mothership is a mach for the enterprise or a isd though.

  10. #3950
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontai View Post
    But didn't he take picard to before earth was formed? So, infact he does exist every were or somthing. He can time travel. Btw star trek win. All we hafe to do is open that damn interdimensional rift that brought 2,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 enterprise - D from varias reality in to ours. Hmmmm 8000 Star destroyer +super star destroyer vs 2,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 enterprise - D. Ilmao
    lyao he you need 250,000,000,000,000,000 eterprises against one isd.

    and there are parallell universes in SW to you know.
    Last edited by Lord Vasago; 05-11-07 at 01:46 AM.

  11. #3951
    Q has no gripe against the federation , just fascination,
    Also, The Enterprise is more than a Match for an ISD.
    The Asgard are a depleting race, they cannot reproduce either.
    With the shield that absorbs energy, all ST has to do is get Q or a transphasic cloak.
    Against the Replicators, Borg will assimilate them.
    Also, the Federation is reasonable so i doubt they will be fighting for earth.

  12. #3952
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontai View Post
    I hope that means yes, cuase i am sick and very tired of of argueing. Well ,that and people alwase saying trek is weak.
    I agree. Of course isn't StarTrek weak.

    It's just that StarWars is in disadventige. Don't forget the Episode 4 is from the late 70's and the new movies are prequels so the technology can't be more advanced.

    So 6 movies against what? about 10 movies en 6 or 7 spinoffs.

    if you put 'A new hope' against the first StarTrek movie and Stargate : its a whole different ballgame don't ya think. Now if there would be a few spin-offs from SW the odds would be equal.

    And all that debating off who has the better shields is futile. In ST there was and episode where there was a small vessel attached without them knowing it. And didn't luke destroy the deathstar with a simple x-wing and a torpedo.

    I joined this treath to learn some details about sci-fi shows; but al this hostile attitudes between SW-fans and ST-fans is something i'll never understand. It's sci-fi for crying out loud.

    and now ..............on with the debate

  13. #3953
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger78 View Post
    Q has no gripe against the federation , just fascination,
    Also, The Enterprise is more than a Match for an ISD.
    The Asgard are a depleting race, they cannot reproduce either.
    With the shield that absorbs energy, all ST has to do is get Q or a transphasic cloak.
    Against the Replicators, Borg will assimilate them.
    Also, the Federation is reasonable so i doubt they will be fighting for earth.
    Eterprise an ISD against Stargate? They have McGyver you know. give him a rope and some pineappels and there finnished lmaf

  14. #3954
    That which cannot be known Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,970
    It all boils down to this:

    StarWars has the early advantage in that their individual ships are VERY hard hitting. HOWEVER

    Star Trek ships can take a lot more punishment and the power of the photon torpedo means even the smallest Federation vessel is a threat. The Q can nullify the Jedi/Sith wih ease and the 8472 ships (and even Borg vessels) can completely obliterate a planet.

    Lemme break it down for you:

    Wars Advantage :
    Size (people and ships)
    Direct Speed
    Combat Orientation

    Trek Advantage:
    Firepower
    Manuverability and Speed
    Combat Effectiveness
    Accuracy
    Range
    Damage Output
    Damage Absorption
    Durability
    Q
    Power Output

    Wars Disadvantage:
    Reliance on the Force
    HyperSpace is unilateral and must be plotted
    Poor shields/armor
    Weapons are turreted (can be destroyed)
    Fighters have poor/no shields

    Trek Disadvantages:
    Warp is slower than Hyperspace (not by much though)
    Ships are not all combat designs

  15. #3955
    Can we finally put it to peace now ?
    if not
    ST rules, as i have said in all my previous posts,

  16. #3956
    Even the biggest ship or most advanced one can be destroyed by one individual (not counting Q that is)

    St. Obtain a shutlle; smach it up; put a chapeshifter in it and send a distresssignal. Wait for the first ship ta saves ya once on board. Boom

    SW same idee; putt a fedaration man in stormtroopers suit. termodevice in pocket. passing at the powerutily and boom.

    It's not only who has the biggest and badass ships it's who has the best guerillia tactics and kamikazies to match then up.

    Or find a way to infect the ship with a virus. you can even choose 1 that effects lifeforms or one that infects the technology.

  17. #3957
    That which cannot be known Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,970
    Wouldn't work- during transport, ShapeShifters are detected by the trace changes in their cellular structure.

    Vasago, not to be mean mate, but work on your english a little- i can't make much sense of a couple of your posts (then again, it's 6:30 in the morning)

  18. #3958
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    Wouldn't work- during transport, ShapeShifters are detected by the trace changes in their cellular structure.

    Vasago, not to be mean mate, but work on your english a little- i can't make much sense of a couple of your posts (then again, it's 6:30 in the morning)
    i'll do my best i'll try typing a bit slower too then i'll make a fewer mistakes
    And no i'm not offended bro'
    The problem is that there are many words espacially technical terms that i can pronounce good but writing doesn't come as swift.

    and don't hasitate to correct me. If no one does, i'll keep makeing te same mistakes.

  19. #3959
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontai View Post
    Actully, they can reproduce. Their only few when universe first formed, so they made some more of them selves, plus they like to sleep with mortal. Nm, the exscuse why lol. Only reason q can even die is they strip another one of their powers. Which is what fighting was about, taking way other Q's powers.

    They can't reproduce if they've all...have always have existed wich I'm sure they would boat. But I'n not really saying they can't I'm just saying they don't. At least not anymore...that may have changed.

    So have we finally ended this debate. Can we finally put it to bed yet?
    Well I'm sure the Last Sith Lord Darth NutJob will return.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vasago View Post
    Here's a question far ya. If Q is here from the beginning and is evrywhere.

    Wouldn't the be in the SW and Stargate universe too?

    For them the ST vs SW would be nothing more than Federation vs Romulans or the Empire vs the Rebels.

    but i wonder; if the Q can be overwhelm with bij Janeway and kan be wounded and killed than infact wouldn't the federation eventually win from Q? a meer question


    Saquist. In stargate SG1 I saw ones a episode where a dude creates a shield round a gate and with evry fire anyone took it got bigger till it covered the whole planet. Let the federation or Empire beat that.

    or maybe they can use that plant that grow rapidly with light. Put one seed on a homeplanet ST or SW.

    But i don't think a Gould mothership is a mach for the enterprise or a isd though.
    Yeah, that was one of the first Ori Episodes as they built that huge Star Gate. That was incredible....I still think Star Gates universe is too much for Star Trek.

  20. #3960
    i know that for you devotes this maybe a stupid question but : what's the differnce between hyperspace and warp. Isn't that travelling xtimes lightspeed?

Similar Threads

  1. By Fettman in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 10-18-11, 02:02 PM
    Replies: 33
  2. By USS Athens in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-16-10, 04:47 PM
    Replies: 291
  3. By superstring01 in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-11-10, 01:57 PM
    Replies: 60
  4. By Orleander in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 07-11-09, 08:33 PM
    Replies: 27
  5. By Asguard in forum Computer Science & Culture
    Last Post: 09-13-08, 02:15 AM
    Replies: 0

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •