View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

    227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

    285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

    51 7.61%
  • Farscape

    14 2.09%
  • Dune

    54 8.06%
  • Stargate

    39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

  1. #3921
    Never seen Babylon 5; Is it another spin off from ST or is this something completly nonrelated.

  2. #3922
    I have full confidence that Star Gate is the superior genre.
    Star Gate took everything they knew and needed from Trek and made it ten times better. The list is long.

    even if the Daedulus and the Prometheus are...weak on the weapons side their shield power is several times more powerfull than Federation or most trek shields by far.

    Federation phasers would be the problem.

  3. #3923
    Umm, I'm a stargate fan for the drama, so i'd appreciate if you gave us some details ..... i thought Trek had more detail than SW anyway.

  4. #3924
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger78 View Post
    Umm, I'm a stargate fan for the drama, so i'd appreciate if you gave us some details ..... i thought Trek had more detail than SW anyway.
    That's because there are a lot of spinof from ST; in the treath were only let's say in the time span of the first 3 SW movies (episode 4 5 6) it would be a hole differt ballgame and de problem with SW is that the other 3 are prequels so the technology isn't supposed to surpase the three others.

    I know SW and ST have vast expanded universes and there a lot of things i don't know about. that why i think this thread is cool. much to learn. By the way are the novels of timothy Zann considered canon?

    I too love stargate. our team is momentary building one (5diameter across)
    would be finish in working condition in october i guess...i hope;

    sasuist input please

  5. #3925
    ST has now got a Prequel called Star Trek Enterprise NX-01 as well, everything is relatively consistent.

  6. #3926
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vasago View Post
    Never seen Babylon 5; Is it another spin off from ST or is this something completly nonrelated.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Babylon_5

  7. #3927
    Quote Originally Posted by grimlockprime View Post
    thx for the info seems to be pretty spectacular. is't a stand alone serie then

  8. #3928
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger78 View Post
    ST has now got a Prequel called Star Trek Enterprise NX-01 as well, everything is relatively consistent.
    Is that the movie where they get contacted bij the vulcans wans humans go light speed?

  9. #3929
    The Ancients and the Asgard and the Knox are the super powers of the Star Gate universe

    everything we see about the Asgard tells us they are near the very top in Fire power

    A Hatak battleship is capable of destroying a mountain like the Cheyenne Complex in a single blast what Carter said was 200 megatons...and that cities on the East coast were obliterated rapidly with such weapons.

    The Asgard easily defeat the Asgard using a demolecularizing beam. One weapon. Asgard shield technology is only limited by power. The ZPM attached to the Daedalus increased it's effectiveness by hundreds of times.

    In trek shields are limited by impact and equipment failure.
    Borg vs. Asgard...I chose the Asgard almost everytime.

  10. #3930
    Quote Originally Posted by Saquist View Post

    In trek shields are limited by impact and equipment failure.
    Borg vs. Asgard...I chose the Asgard almost everytime.
    Could the Asguard deal with Q?

  11. #3931
    no way....
    I'don't think there is a single character in all of sci fi that could "deal" with the Q

    The Q have always existed...at least acoording to the Q but I'm sure there's a paradox in there somewhere.

  12. #3932
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
    no way....
    I'don't think there is a single character in all of sci fi that could "deal" with the Q

    The Q have always existed...at least acoording to the Q but I'm sure there's a paradox in there somewhere.
    But didn't he take picard to before earth was formed? So, infact he does exist every were or somthing. He can time travel. Btw star trek win. All we hafe to do is open that damn interdimensional rift that brought 2,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 enterprise - D from varias reality in to ours. Hmmmm 8000 Star destroyer +super star destroyer vs 2,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 enterprise - D. Ilmao

  13. #3933
    that's the paradox...

    In Voyager he says...."The Q have always existed. In the same episode the Female Q says Q has left her for someone 5 billion years younger...It's a parradox..

  14. #3934
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
    The Ancients and the Asgard and the Knox are the super powers of the Star Gate universe

    everything we see about the Asgard tells us they are near the very top in Fire power

    A Hatak battleship is capable of destroying a mountain like the Cheyenne Complex in a single blast what Carter said was 200 megatons...and that cities on the East coast were obliterated rapidly with such weapons.

    The Asgard easily defeat the Asgard using a demolecularizing beam. One weapon. Asgard shield technology is only limited by power. The ZPM attached to the Daedalus increased it's effectiveness by hundreds of times.

    In trek shields are limited by impact and equipment failure.
    Borg vs. Asgard...I chose the Asgard almost everytime.
    Star gate is simply more powerfull, becuase they took best of all different shows and then increased relative numbers. Thoe i don't rember them ever saying how powerful what numbers are. Somthing Star wars got right, but novels acource didn't. The ori will pawn all. Other wise i think federation could pawn easily the Asgard. Intill i hear from the show, that they have 200,000 giga watt super sheild my vote is on the federation.

    Ps: the gou'ld lazer weapon look like damn definet pulse weapons.

  15. #3935
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
    that's the paradox...

    In Voyager he says...."The Q have always existed. In the same episode the Female Q says Q has left her for someone 5 billion years younger...It's a parradox..
    How is that paradox, think about it. A Q that is 5 billion years younger, but has ben around for ever. You ben around 30 year, but at one point you were 10 years younger?

  16. #3936
    That was stated by the Alternate Reality Samatha Carter as has a Gould Mother ship hovered over the Cheyenne Mountain Complex.

    Our Daniel asked: How long can we last?

    Alternate Reality Samatha Carter: " We probably won't even feel it. the Blast that took out Washington and New York were equivilent to a 200 megaton blast.

  17. #3937
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontai View Post
    How is that paradox, think about it. A Q that is 5 billion years younger, but has ben around for ever. You ben around 30 year, but at one point you were 10 years younger?
    beacause the Q defy existence. The shouldn't be able to die. Not like the worm whole aliens...they can die but they exist out side the this time space continuum...

    when they enter ours they are mortal. And they know everything


    The Q don't know everything...even though the should...there just...omipotent. All powerfully being shouldn't be able to die...They call us mortals...

    If they alwasys have existed then that means they'll always exist...it's same thing and thus to state an age suddenly throws a wrench into all of that.

  18. #3938
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    6,255
    Quote Originally Posted by FoolFromHell View Post
    I dont remember that, but I dont read many ST books.
    Can you tell me which book it is? The planet-sized ship, I mean. And the Galaxy-X class ship too...
    Im interested in reading them.
    Galaxy X was in DS9 during hte klingon attack on the station.

    As for the books, I'm not sure- I haven't read all of them. Star Trek: Titan is a decent series though

  19. #3939
    Heute der Enteteich... Oli's Avatar
    Posts
    11,890
    How is that paradox, think about it. A Q that is 5 billion years younger, but has ben around for ever.
    Because if they've been around forever then they've all been there from the "start", so how can one be any younger at all?

  20. #3940
    Registered Member
    Posts
    27
    Quote Originally Posted by Saquist View Post
    beacause the Q defy existence. The shouldn't be able to die. Not like the worm whole aliens...they can die but they exist out side the this time space continuum...

    when they enter ours they are mortal. And they know everything


    The Q don't know everything...even though the should...there just...omipotent. All powerfully being shouldn't be able to die...They call us mortals...

    If they alwasys have existed then that means they'll always exist...it's same thing and thus to state an age suddenly throws a wrench into all of that.
    They can die, just not by any means other than Q "Weapons" Like in one Voyager episode where there was a Q civil war and Q, the one we all know and love, was shot and wounded.

    On a side note: Some are Q and some are q. Though q is usually female while Q is male. (I read too many Voyager books.. <_<)

Similar Threads

  1. By Fettman in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 10-18-11, 02:02 PM
    Replies: 33
  2. By USS Athens in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-16-10, 04:47 PM
    Replies: 291
  3. By superstring01 in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-11-10, 01:57 PM
    Replies: 60
  4. By Orleander in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 07-11-09, 08:33 PM
    Replies: 27
  5. By Asguard in forum Computer Science & Culture
    Last Post: 09-13-08, 02:15 AM
    Replies: 0

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •