View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

51 7.61%
  • Farscape

14 2.09%
  • Dune

54 8.06%
  • Stargate

39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

I think ST have won for this night, or is it morning....

Paul Muad'Dib was the greatest telepathic and prophetic powerhouse there ever was. People like Q and the Jedi/Sith would have no chance. For crying out loud, he moved a planet and slammed it into another planet, and his son Leto is even more powerful. Leto also now is a creature he turned hiumself into that it takes 50 minutes for a high-powered lasgun to cut through his sandworm's outer armor. And he can pick up and throw a Guild Heighliner (48 kilometers long!) 4 miles into a planet, USING ONLY HIS PHYSICAL STRENGTH. When he also used telepathy, he PUT IT STRAIGHT THROUGH THE PLANET AND OUT THE OTHER SIDE. SEEING REASON NOW?

Wait, i'm confused, whose this Paul Muad Dib guy ?

Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    So? The Q can make planets disappear with the snap of their fingers. They could turn him into a spice beetle and chew on his innards if they so chose... They could also strip him and all Jedi/Sith of their powers

[QUOTE=Lord Vasago;1384455]How many Phantom TIE Fighters are

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vasago View Post
    the larger a ship gets the more it's loses in manouverability. and manufatoring time is much much longer.while it will take months to build a bop. tiefightes rolls off the assembly line like cars.
    Not in space. A Huge ships needs only stronger engines and can move as fast as a fighter.
    No friction or gravity in space.
    The Defiant is huge compared to an X-Wing, but is just as maneuverable.

Indeed the beaming up and down is a big advantige for ST butt it has his flaws but yes it's a tough on to beat;
    There are no flaws since SW ships cant change shield harmonics. It will only take the harmonic password and all SW ships are compromised. to all ST weapons.

I meant this for small fighters not big battleships; there's no benefit of a big ship turning around it's axis
    The Enterprise D and E can maneuver very well. Much MUCH faster than any ISD. ST ships can also pull off the Picard maneuver etc. with higher maneuverability.

travelling trough hyperspace and turning around your axis would be suicide. again i meant this in dogfight
    Exactly. SW ships cant change direction in Hyperspace without quitting Hyperspace.
    ST ships can easily navigate in Warp and can fight in Warp with Torpedos. (Phasers move at speed of light. Useless in warp outside warp bubble.)

I have a little question; I possable be watching every spin-off of STseries theirfour this. I know the Borg have a collective mind. Is this just i a cube of do they connect all the time.
    Didn't the federation win from the borg. Just a question
    The cubes are connected through subspace all the time.
    Voyager destroyed the main collective with a virus but there still are isolated Borg still alive. For the purposes of this talk, the Borg are still alive since the Empire was defeated Episode 6 and the only remaining units of the Empire are the Imperial Remnant. If SW keeps the Empire, ST keeps the Borg.

I glad i joined this treath; I'm learning a lot ST and SW stuff.
    Yeah. This really is fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    The Enterprise-E is only a battlecruiser. The Federation has literal motherships that, while rare, are used for very deep space exploration (going by Extended Universe since Scotty Boiyo likes to call book series and games cannon). These ships are the size of small planets, but lack much offensive prowess themselves. However, their shielding is incredible and they proffer very strong armor. They also carry small starships and hundreds of fighters (peregrins) as protection.

The "biggest" vessel the federation has that is a true combat ship is, I believe, the Galaxy-X class. The underslung Heavy Phaser type A is powered directly by the second warp core... and punched a hole clean thru a Neg'Vhar in a single shot.
    I dont remember that, but I dont read many ST books.
    Can you tell me which book it is? The planet-sized ship, I mean. And the Galaxy-X class ship too...
    Im interested in reading them.

Not in space. A Huge ships needs only stronger engines and can move as fast as a fighter.
    As fast, yes, but acceleration?
    The Defiant is huge compared to an X-Wing, but is just as maneuverable.
    Only if it has an equivalent thrust/ weight ratio and a commensurately increased structural strength.

Darth Vader can kill anybody.

Except Luke.

He could.

Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by temur View Post
    Darth Vader can kill anybody.
    Vader is dead.

But he is always alive.

Registered Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru
    The Enterprise-E is only a battlecruiser. The Federation has literal motherships that, while rare, are used for very deep space exploration (going by Extended Universe since Scotty Boiyo likes to call book series and games cannon). These ships are the size of small planets, but lack much offensive prowess themselves. However, their shielding is incredible and they proffer very strong armor. They also carry small starships and hundreds of fighters (peregrins) as protection.

The "biggest" vessel the federation has that is a true combat ship is, I believe, the Galaxy-X class. The underslung Heavy Phaser type A is powered directly by the second warp core... and punched a hole clean thru a Neg'Vhar in a single shot.
    I dont remember that, but I dont read many ST books.
    Can you tell me which book it is? The planet-sized ship, I mean. And the Galaxy-X class ship too...
    Im interested in reading them.
    The Galaxy-X class was from an alternate future timeline, and possibly not even from any timeline at all, since it was a hologram created by the Romulans when they captured Riker. The only true combat ships in the Federation if I recall are, Prometheus (Multi-Vector Assault, and Phaser XII and Quantum Torpedoes) , Aikra (Armed with 15 torpedo launchers capable of firing Photon and Quantum Torpedoes, as well as Phaser X arrays) , and Sovereign [Armed with 16 Phaser XII arrays, and 4 Forward and 6 aft torpedo launchers, 1 being on a turret and able to fire 360. (This was mainly made to be a ship for defense purposes, against the borg, It also performs exploration and diplomatic missions, Also the class of the Enterprise-E)], and the Defiant class (Armed with 4 pulse phaser cannons; 2 phaser beam emitters; 2 forward torpedo (photon and quantum torpedo) launchers; 2 aft torpedo launchers).
    Last edited by Sumoben; 05-09-07 at 05:49 PM.

Registered Member
    By the way, Star Trek > Wars, because the Tholian Web, projected by a fleet of ships can contain Star Wars ships and they would have no means of escape. And since it is Universe vs Universe, after all. The rest of Star Trek, Such as... Species 8472 Bio Ships could fire their weapons and destroy Wars ships easily, if it can destroy a cube in one shot, then it sure can destroy a Wars ship when many fire at one webbed ship, Or even the Species 8472 Energy Focusing ship, using as many Bio Ships as possible to power it and fire at any Star Wars ship.. No matter how powerful their shields are, they cant withstand the power of the Tholian Web and Species 8472, Not to mention constant bombardment by Federation's Aikra Class's 15 torpedo bays, and other heavily armed ships.

Edit: Also the web absorbs and dissipates the laser fire from the Wars ships...
    Last edited by Sumoben; 05-09-07 at 05:57 PM.

Registered Senior Member

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Fungezoid View Post
    Paul Muad'Dib was the greatest telepathic and prophetic powerhouse there ever was. People like Q and the Jedi/Sith would have no chance. For crying out loud, he moved a planet and slammed it into another planet, and his son Leto is even more powerful. Leto also now is a creature he turned hiumself into that it takes 50 minutes for a high-powered lasgun to cut through his sandworm's outer armor. And he can pick up and throw a Guild Heighliner (48 kilometers long!) 4 miles into a planet, USING ONLY HIS PHYSICAL STRENGTH. When he also used telepathy, he PUT IT STRAIGHT THROUGH THE PLANET AND OUT THE OTHER SIDE. SEEING REASON NOW?
    Q can change fabric of reality, himself, and on many many occasion he created his "own reality" Sherwood forest comes to mind. If he can change reality it self, why can't he simply change the the reality so that force doesn't work or this Paul Muad'Dib power don't work. Heck if any thing Q could make force disappear or turn captain picard in to super jedi. Heck if Q wanted to he could make it when Paul Muad'Dib use his power, his head turned into pumpkin or it rains browney from sky.

Q only fears more Q. He wasn't afraid guinan, he ask picard if he could destroyer her for crying out loud and on picard request he didn't. Noob trying to talk about trek ... *sigh* idiots! Fuck he would have vader and emporer on trial for crimes against humanity. The force is a joke. Heck he would probaly turn empor in to bug for pissing of picard.

screw star wars!

No!

No friction or gravity in space.
    The Defiant is huge compared to an X-Wing, but is just as maneuverable.I know this but i don't see the point of a battleship turning round his axis in a second because they all (ST and SW) paket with artillery;

I have no doubt that all ships can move fast but i really referring that in no series there's a massive battle between fighters that uses this technologie.

The Enterprise D and E can maneuver very well. Much MUCH faster than any ISD. ST ships can also pull off the Picard maneuver etc. with higher maneuverability.

ST ships can easily navigate in Warp and can fight in Warp with Torpedos. (Phasers move at speed of light. Useless in warp outside warp bubble.)
    Thats why it's scifi when you travel a 7x lightspeed and move a millimiter from your calculated path you will hit something. but ok then Enterprise can navigate in warp; thats cool

The cubes are connected through subspace all the time.
    Voyager destroyed the main collective with a virus but there still are isolated Borg still alive. For the purposes of this talk, the Borg are still alive since the Empire was defeated Episode 6 and the only remaining units of the Empire are the Imperial Remnant. If SW keeps the Empire, ST keeps the Borg.

I don't mind ST keeping the borg. I meer pointing out that if Janeway and Picard can outwit the borg any intelligent human can.
    I'm just puzzled with this Q thing. I believe they would not mingle in the fight bewause they beleave their gods and so we are not wearthy of their attention. They like playing with lower species.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    PERFECT

http://www.scifiscoundrels.com/images/comparison.gif

Boosh!

This picture proves it- the Executor was fucking HUGE compared to most ISD- the average ISD isn't even as big as a cube! The Mon Calamari CRUISER is a bigger threat!
    I've been looking at this pick and must say that Babylon 5 has the most biggest schips. ......but...............We still have the biggest.......+19000meters

Didn't know a cube was this big though. And what is that LEXX ship?

Quote Originally Posted by Dontai View Post
    Q can change fabric of reality, himself, and on many many occasion he created his "own reality" Sherwood forest comes to mind. If he can change reality it self, why can't he simply change the the reality so that force doesn't work or this Paul Muad'Dib power don't work. Heck if any thing Q could make force disappear or turn captain picard in to super jedi. Heck if Q wanted to he could make it when Paul Muad'Dib use his power, his head turned into pumpkin or it rains browney from sky.

Q only fears more Q. He wasn't afraid guinan, he ask picard if he could destroyer her for crying out loud and on picard request he didn't. Noob trying to talk about trek ... *sigh* idiots! Fuck he would have vader and emporer on trial for crimes against humanity. The force is a joke. Heck he would probaly turn empor in to bug for pissing of picard.

screw star wars!
    YES ! thank u finally I know the flaw in Q; you just outwit they in killing eachtother just like the Sith. But they can be missed in the SW. ST depends on Q

hey Kittamaru,

Thx again for the pics, but do you think there a chart like that but with fighters; like those from SW and Galactica, Space above and beyond, and a whole lot of others?

I'm a prop builder and we build this 1 on 1; dont see us building Voyager
    We have a snowspeeder a stargate (5m dia) a speederbike; Alien and lots of outer. I'm thinking of building a Cylon Raider (old series) but need blueprints

I'm much more into fighters anyway,