View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

    227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

    285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

    51 7.61%
  • Farscape

    14 2.09%
  • Dune

    54 8.06%
  • Stargate

    39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

  1. #3781
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vasago View Post
    A these people getting on eachtothers nerves. Star Trek vs Star Wars.
    When these universes would collide the Jedi and the Sith would forceen this long before it happed and would be ready before the Star Trek universe would known wha hit the fan. therefore their woudn't be a war at al.

    when Jedi and Sith would work together the federation klingon vulcan ferengi borg and al the rest would be lost. and then there are still the wookies Kamino's Gungans Hutt's to back the Jedi and Sith up.
    Actully, Q would have forceen this long before the Jedi and the Sith, and disabled their powers. Then federation would then simply go on ship killing spree.

    In the end, luke turns lord vader back to good. Vader then kill emperor. With out the emperor holding empire together it dissolves. Then the old republic is recreated as the New republic. The Enterprise - E rams the scimitar. Federation lives and acource the Galactic empire dies. So, eithor way federation lives and empire dies. Now if mabey the New republic attacks federation, they might win, but eithor way empire is defeated. Federation wins the war aginst empire hand down. See scott, it is cannon the empire looses.

    So, Congratulations Scott you have just lost all your remaining credibility. YAY! Your priize is the ignomy of being known as a thundering moron. Prizes are non transferable.

    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    Weren't you watching the movie. The Executor had been under heavy direct fire for a considerable amount of time. Then the fleet concentrated fire on the Executor for several minutes before the BRIDGE shields failed. The A-Wing only had to crash through Transparisteel roughly six inches thick. Given the weight of the craft, speed and shape it was a relatively easy process with the shields out.
    Basicly, your saying scott that star war ship have next to no armor. Federation takes being rammed by capital ship on warp nacelles and survives. Star wars ship can't even take weak ass fighter crashing in to the bridge. Give it up your excuses are pointless. No Blast doors? No armor? No bridge guns? Star wars is pathetic at best.





    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    First of all the Volley of the sixteen cannons on an Acclamator class starship is 200 gigatons. Meaning 12.5 gigatons each. An ISD carries 60 said cannons for a total firepower of 750 gigatons.
    Wow, more lies and hear say congratulation your proven you have no credibility




    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    You do realize that trying to compare the effects of a beam and bomb are illogical? One is focused realease of energy while the other is just massive blast of the same kind. Second is the difference in materials. A beam dumps most of it energy in one direction, while a bomb spread it in every direction making it more spectacular. You are making an argument equivalent to "Well a bolt of lightning can destroy blow a tree limb off, but so can a quarter stick of dynamite." If the cannon was used against shielded ships or denser rock the visiable effect would be even less impressive
    Actually, a bomb release more energy in uncontrol way. Directed energy release less in controlled way. When Directed energy hit a target it does causes small explosion, but but you can compare it to the amount of energy released on single certain point. Drop nuke on a target, then compare it to a lazer blast. Their is similar melting point, burn marks ect. Basicly Turbo lazer have small range of extreme damage amount. Thoe the actual overall effect isn't that powerful.






    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    Oh god, you are a moron. A 10 km diameter asteroid impacting earth at a 20-30 degree angle at 100,000 km/h would have an effect roughly equal to 385,388,645 megatons. That is the K_T Asteroid event you describe. As you can see it is 385,388.6 gigatons MUCH more powerful than a Turbolaser
    More then hafe of the rock mass would be converted to energy on impact, plus the kinetic energy plus mass would desroy hafe of earth on impact. The same affect when bullet hit solid mass of concrete would reduce overall mass by three times. Resulting shock wave would destroy most of what's left. Point is this is pointless and he isn't a moron.You are!

    [
    Last edited by Dontai; 05-06-07 at 11:20 AM.

  2. #3782
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by temur View Post
    No, Star Wars always won!
    Your idiot if you think that.

    Quote Originally Posted by temur View Post
    No! If Sith and Jedi are united nothing can stop them!
    Q ...

  3. #3783
    Registered Member
    Posts
    9
    I couldn't help but notice that no one mentioned Omega partials. I have no doubt that if the fate of the galaxy depended on it, star fleet would derive it into a weapon to deter the invasion. And if you don't like omega, than maybe genesis. If the fate of the galaxy depended on it they would use any and all resources necessary.


    Also in the ST galaxy, civilizations advanced from lasers and plasma cannons to phasers, implying that the SW galaxy is less advanced if they don't use phasers.
    This might imply that lasers and plasma cannons can have billions times more yield than a phaser, but a phaser might be billions of times more efficient at channeling that energy. so a phaser might not need nearly as much energy to produce the same destructive effect.

    People think that SW ships are much faster than ST ships, they may be right. But if they haven't developed phase technology or Anti-matter technology (not referring to the power output, just the technology), i doubt they would be capable of ships faster than star treks. Maybe their galaxy is smaller or their days are longer.
    Last edited by chance; 05-06-07 at 05:07 PM.

  4. #3784
    man of no words temur's Avatar
    Posts
    1,330
    You are just speculating. The truth is SW is much stronger.

  5. #3785
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,367
    There is a maximum possible energy output to nuclear fusion/fission. Antimatter/matter reactions are nearly limitless because you take a quantity of matter (the matter and antimatter) and completely remove it from existance, leaving behind an ENORMOUS quantity of pure energy. This is in comparison to say fusion or fission (nuclear power or the power of a star) where there is a LOT of wasted material that not only doesn't create power, but actually absorbs some of the power that is created.

  6. #3786
    Minister of Technology
    Posts
    4,149
    Quote Originally Posted by chance View Post
    I couldn't help but notice that no one mentioned Omega partials. I have no doubt that if the fate of the galaxy depended on it, star fleet would derive it into a weapon to deter the invasion. And if you don't like omega, than maybe genesis. If the fate of the galaxy depended on it they would use any and all resources necessary.
    The point is that the fate of the FDederation could have been resolved with a Genisis device on the oncoming Borg cube and despte the fact that the only think between Earth and assimiliation was the Emterprise D and still Feds did not use it.


    Also in the ST galaxy, civilizations advanced from lasers and plasma cannons to phasers, implying that the SW galaxy is less advanced if they don't use phasers.
    This might imply that lasers and plasma cannons can have billions times more yield than a phaser, but a phaser might be billions of times more efficient at channeling that energy. so a phaser might not need nearly as much energy to produce the same destructive effect.
    Sorry, no dice. No where in Star Trek has any ship shown the same destructive capability as a Star Destroyer. You don't see it even once. Even in Rise, Voyage barely shatters an asteroid made of brittle meinerals.

    People think that SW ships are much faster than ST ships, they may be right. But if they haven't developed phase technology or Anti-matter technology (not referring to the power output, just the technology), i doubt they would be capable of ships faster than star treks. Maybe their galaxy is smaller or their days are longer.
    Actually their days are 25 roughly, but their galaxy is at least as large as ours, Besides they never said they did not have the technology of Antimatter, they just might have abandoned it for something more efficent and less volatile. After all a reactor that fit inside the Death Star was producing in a day the same amount of energy or sun produces in 7 years. In Star Trek terms it is more powerful than the Omega particles.


    If you are going to make an argument, you should at least have some evidence and not a gut feeling.

  7. #3787
    Minister of Technology
    Posts
    4,149
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    There is a maximum possible energy output to nuclear fusion/fission. Antimatter/matter reactions are nearly limitless because you take a quantity of matter (the matter and antimatter) and completely remove it from existance, leaving behind an ENORMOUS quantity of pure energy. This is in comparison to say fusion or fission (nuclear power or the power of a star) where there is a LOT of wasted material that not only doesn't create power, but actually absorbs some of the power that is created.
    You do have an erroneous statement here. There is a maximum energy output of M/AM reactions. There is also a great deal of overhead in the whole process. You have to keep the AM contain so no matter interacts with it, even gravitons. You have to shield the reaction chamber. You have to convert the energy to a useful form. You have to create more antimatter which takes as much power as you would receive. It's not like it floats around in space or anything. Over all you have what ammounts to just a highly volatile battery system instead of actual power generation.

  8. #3788
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    The point is that the fate of the FDederation could have been resolved with a Genisis device on the oncoming Borg cube and despte the fact that the only think between Earth and assimiliation was the Emterprise D and still Feds did not use it.
    Sorry. The Federation had VERY LITTLE WARNING before the Wolf 359 or FC wars.
    They will use it if necessary and they have more than a week to get it out of the box.
    They had less than a day's warning, i believe, to the Borg invasions.

  9. #3789
    Minister of Technology
    Posts
    4,149
    Quote Originally Posted by FoolFromHell View Post
    Sorry. The Federation had VERY LITTLE WARNING before the Wolf 359 or FC wars.
    They will use it if necessary and they have more than a week to get it out of the box.
    They had less than a day's warning, i believe, to the Borg invasions.
    They had a week on Wolf 359 and long enough to gather 24 ships in First Contact. Obviously ifg they had the Genesis Device they had time to hual it out.

    Besides, using the very little warrning line how would they respond to an enemy they can't detect until the ships are within range to start an attack?

  10. #3790
    The few thousend of ships in ST against miljons of battle droids. SW casulties wil be high but there woudn't be a single life wasted. And during al that space combat SW troopers can wipe out all life on the planets. In Space they may be equal (In your eyes that is) On the ground we just overrun you.

  11. #3791
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,367
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    You do have an erroneous statement here. There is a maximum energy output of M/AM reactions. There is also a great deal of overhead in the whole process. You have to keep the AM contain so no matter interacts with it, even gravitons. You have to shield the reaction chamber. You have to convert the energy to a useful form. You have to create more antimatter which takes as much power as you would receive. It's not like it floats around in space or anything. Over all you have what ammounts to just a highly volatile battery system instead of actual power generation.
    That's beside the point- the amount of useful energy provided by a M/AM reaction far exceeds anything a nuclear reactor, or even a supernova reactor, could possibly provide. The only thing that could possibly rival it would be a black hole, and that's because it is, once more, pure matter-> energy conversion. The only thing is it works in reverse.

    Converting the energy to a useful form is easy- Star trek uses energetic plasma, the primary energy released by matter/antimatter (since the reactors in Star Trek use the released energy to super-energize matter bringing it to the verge of becoming energy itself). The plasma is then transfered thru conduits to various parts of the ship. Creating anti-matter is relatively easy given trek-level technology. You simply "flip" hydrogen-2 isotope (deuterium is the real life isotope) through a seven dimensional zero point clean vacuume and then exactly 83.2% of the matter becomes anti-matter and the remaining 16.8% simply disappears- this is according to real scientific theory as is supported by quantum physics. I'll have to see if I can find the books i pulled the numbers from, but it's entirely possible to make antimatter this way in real life, so there is no reason to assume it's not how it's made in star trek. Also, it was stated in series that the bussard collectors collect nuclear particles in space for use in the emergency fission reactors which are used to help generate and resupply the supply of antimatter in case it has to be dumped- most starships, however, contain enough matter and antimatter for their entire deployment (for example, the Ent-D could hold enough for a 10 year voyage without resupply provided they didn't have to dump it for any reason)

  12. #3792
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,367
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Vasago View Post
    The few thousend of ships in ST against miljons of battle droids. SW casulties wil be high but there woudn't be a single life wasted. And during al that space combat SW troopers can wipe out all life on the planets. In Space they may be equal (In your eyes that is) On the ground we just overrun you.
    Battle droids? Droideckas? easy to solve- big ass EMP. Bye bye cybernetic brains! All the droids in Wars are useless. Even many of the ships would be disabled by an EMP pulse (since they are vulnerable to Ion cannons, which basicly, upon impact, EMP's the internals of the ship)

  13. #3793
    Registered Member
    Posts
    9
    good point, just put a emp weapon on a torpedo, and as people have pointed out, mater can go through sw shields.

    They also could use baryon sweep from the deflector, i have no doubts that the deflector could emit baryon partials. And if the deflector did, they're able to penetrate the hull and and kill any organic matter.

  14. #3794
    Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Posts
    7,367
    They could also use the deflector to channel laser energy back at the star wars ships. They could also use it to send a powerful harmonic pulse to disrupt the neural pathways of the people inside the ships (something that doesn't work against star trek ships thanks to shield harmonics )

    They could also use the Gemini effect to make shadow illusions of their vessels. Holographic projections and signature changes to appear to be the enemy vessels. Special operations soliders to infiltrate and takeover enemy vessels. A number of things.

  15. #3795
    The ST universe would kick the Trade Feds, Republic, Sith, empire whatever. There is nothing like the combined might of Klingon Cloaks, Romulan Intel,dominion Ground Forces (Jem'Hadar) Fed sensors (and resourcefulness) and determination of the entire milky way.
    If we talk universe on universe, ST would win because BOTH the borg and Starfleet can adapt, just one quicker than the other.
    I'd Like to see Drones adapt as quickly or the Sith.
    Plus, the federation has unity within starfleet the only time they fought against their own was when those dammn parasites took over.
    Also , Who needs to destroy a planet when you've got the Borg ?

  16. #3796
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Challenger78 View Post
    The ST universe would kick the Trade Feds, Republic, Sith, empire whatever. There is nothing like the combined might of Klingon Cloaks, Romulan Intel,dominion Ground Forces (Jem'Hadar) Fed sensors (and resourcefulness) and determination of the entire milky way.
    If we talk universe on universe, ST would win because BOTH the borg and Starfleet can adapt, just one quicker than the other.
    I'd Like to see Drones adapt as quickly or the Sith.
    Plus, the federation has unity within starfleet the only time they fought against their own was when those dammn parasites took over.
    Also , Who needs to destroy a planet when you've got the Borg ?
    Finally, some one with commen sense. I already said why star trek will win in top of this page so not going to argue. Btw one Star wars ship tooken over by the borg and war is lost. Don't try denying it. Once your crew is force to work for the borg, they will tell them all your secrets. How your technology work, how many crew you have on bord, sheild technology the works. Soon your weapons will be useless. You will be all borg. You be one with collective.

  17. #3797
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    Ignore Scott, he is our resident looney.

    Don't worry Scotty boy, they nice young men in their clean white coats are on their way
    I'll confim that Loony nomination....All in favor?

    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott View Post
    Pure ad hominem attack. You are getting lazy in your efforts again.
    Try another line Nutty, that really is drying up.

    Quote Originally Posted by FoolFromHell View Post
    The Stormtroopers cant fire worth ****. The Klingons or Borg or even Federation can take them down easily!
    TIE fighters cant do anything against the Enterprise due to their size.
    The "200 Gigaton" figures from the cross section books, etc. are inflated to make everything look strong. 200 Gigatons would require so much energy, its not feasible. Plus, that is NOT CANNON. Using just movies and the TV shows, ST would win hands down. Lucas never signed those cross-section books and technical manuals and even the Dark Empire, etc. series
    Even without Q, the ST universe would win hands down. Whats a Jedi gonna do if they are beamed into a vacuum?
    Plus, there is one defense nobody thought about. You line all the decks of the Fed ships with holo-emitters and turn off safety protocols and them keep a continuous supply of troops etc.. The Imperials will never board a Federations ship.

    You got it about right FFH. Scott has been proved a liar on just about every line of reasoning he uses. Trek has been proven the Victor at 6 times what ever firepower Star shows. Everyone knows that the Emprie is sporting 200 nothing it those gus.

    Just remember that the Galaxy out preformed the ISD in just about every important test. Firepower, sublight speed, manuverability, Range, targeting accuracy.

    Also remeber that Defiant (well into production to daye) is about or more than 10x powerful in the firepower department.

  18. #3798
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by temur View Post
    You are just speculating. The truth is SW is much stronger.
    The truth is your just speculating. Strong to you, mabey, but not to star trek. Useless is more like it.

  19. #3799

    Talking Ever heard of Dune?

    Dune barely enters into these equasions, because so few people have actually READ the books, not the **** movie. Dune shields do not rely on deflectors or energy, they rely on spacetime manipulation. A small Dune shield with only a 5-pound battery can take up to 4 minutes of constant fire, no matter how powerful the fire is. A Dune personal shield would be able to withstand a friggin Death Star! And what about the Dune superweapon, Omnius's hidden ace in the hole? Oh, and by the way, Omnius's literally trillions of combat droids are invincible to as you say, a bigass EMP due to their unconventional gelcircutry and their personal shields. And with a robotic ship with Leauge shields and scramblers, Cymek commanders and miniships, and Omnius's robots and high-energy explosives and weapons? And no ST or SW commander could even possibly equal the brilliance of someone like Vorian Atreides, Paul Muad-Dib, and even the greatest of them all, the three greats? Juno, Tlaloc, Hecate, and even General Agamemnon? No way. And think of Muad' Dib's powers. Some ass like the Jedi of the Sith, or even Q couldn't even hope to stand up. Also, what about the Rossak sorceresses, and the Bene Gesserit? Paul's trillions of mad Atreidies Jihadis?
    Suck that.

  20. #3800
    You're saying that that Q couldn't defeat Muad' Dib's powers...

    what was he?

Similar Threads

  1. By Fettman in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 10-18-11, 02:02 PM
    Replies: 33
  2. By USS Athens in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-16-10, 04:47 PM
    Replies: 291
  3. By superstring01 in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-11-10, 01:57 PM
    Replies: 60
  4. By Orleander in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 07-11-09, 08:33 PM
    Replies: 27
  5. By Asguard in forum Computer Science & Culture
    Last Post: 09-13-08, 02:15 AM
    Replies: 0

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •