View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

51 7.61%
  • Farscape

14 2.09%
  • Dune

54 8.06%
  • Stargate

39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

give me liberty
    when janeway tried to kill the borg the queen said they had allready adapted even thou it was too late to save the unicomplex.

and it is possible to put up a resistance to the borg,but eventualy they will win.

the voth have one giant city ship and must constantly move around to AVOID the borg,and the hirogen are just uber badass hunters ,another problem for sw.

to think you can have a war with the borg without them adapting to your 3 technologies is idiotic.and ion canonjs dont do much to trek ships,voyeger has been hit by PLANETARY defence ion canons and it did little damage,so all sw really has is TLs and hyper drives.

TLs are just concentrated plasma,nothing special,and hyperdrives are SLOW and unmanaverable compared to transwarp.

you CANT turn with hyperdrives,and transwarp only takes 20 minutes to cross a galaxy.

explain why the borg cant adapt to TLs and hyperdrives again,they adapt to every single other weapon they encounter,what makes sw plasma so special?

I think the answer lies in this video. Watch and be amazed. http://youtube.com/watch?v=hNxhrPaaCA4

I see your argument agains falls to reliance on space zombies.

give me liberty
    well that video was relitivly acurate,id give it a B-.thanks to melissa for the link.

and perhaps roman fails to understand the power of zombies.

http://kevan.org/proce55ing/zombies/

Minister of Technology
    Quote Originally Posted by mars13
    when janeway tried to kill the borg the queen said they had allready adapted even thou it was too late to save the unicomplex.
    Not the impression depicted by everyone else who saw that episode.

and it is possible to put up a resistance to the borg,but eventualy they will win.
    No, nothing but death is inevitable. SW would just destroy them. Hell the sisrru could do it ith one entechment. HEHE

the voth have one giant city ship and must constantly move around to AVOID the borg,and the hirogen are just uber badass hunters ,another problem for sw.
    They never said that was the only city ship, or even that they had to move around. In fact you got the distinct impression that they worried about nothing.

to think you can have a war with the borg without them adapting to your 3 technologies is idiotic.and ion canonjs dont do much to trek ships,voyeger has been hit by PLANETARY defence ion canons and it did little damage,so all sw really has is TLs and hyper drives.
    Those were hardly SW ion cannons. Well they might have been like the shoulder cannon ones, one likes in ESB would totally short out a borg cube with ease.

As for my assertation it is logical and intelligent. The borg could eventually (6 to 12 months) get a working TL, but they won't have the hypermatter reactors to power the thing.

TLs are just concentrated plasma,nothing special,and hyperdrives are SLOW and unmanaverable compared to transwarp.

you CANT turn with hyperdrives,and transwarp only takes 20 minutes to cross a galaxy
    how do you know what TL are, oh that is right you don't

and hyperdrives are far from slow you can travel the enite SW galaxy in a few days and you don't need a Transwarp conduit to do it. Not to metion that turning in hyperspace is not only possible but in all probablity how they avoid some obstacles. If anything tranwarp is the joke as you have to go where the conduit goes, much like a train and train tracks. And that 20 minute transit time was hardly the whole galaxy. in fact it was a major conduit and only went about a quarter of the galaxy.

explain why the borg cant adapt to TLs and hyperdrives again,they adapt to every single other weapon they encounter,what makes sw plasma so special?
    Learn to read and pay attention. The Borg adapt but hardly become immune to any weapon type. They just learn how to optimize their shields. Now if a federation GCS has the same firepower as a Turbolaser roughly. That firepower is spread over several hundred square meters meanwhile the TL drops it in to about 4 meters. It is like comparing droping a 2000 lb sheet of paper and a 2000 lb pencil. Which one is going to penetrate? Then factor in that there are 60 of these things firing and 60 Ion Cannons that ignore the shields completely.
    Last edited by TW Scott; 05-08-06 at 11:51 AM.

give me liberty
    your basing your time frame on the borg assmilating TLs on what?when did the borg need monthes to years to assmilate new technology?

and why wouldnt they be able to build hypermatter reactors if they assmilate a sw ship?

and most cubes are equiped with transwarp coils,they can each make there own conduits .

last time i checked an hour to cross the galaxy is hauling ass.

and what are you basing your ASSUMPTIONS about trek planetary defence ion canons on?ion storms and ion weapons are COMMON in trek,what are you basing your assertions between trek and SW ion canons on?

basing your entire argument on personal speculation is getting old.

Minister of Technology
    your basing your time frame on the borg assmilating TLs on what?when did the borg need monthes to years to assmilate new technology?
    Since it is unlike anything they have worked with and they don't capture an intact copy and they don't capture technicians.

and why wouldnt they be able to build hypermatter reactors if they assmilate a sw ship?
    Becuase hy-permatter is much like the omega molecule and they proved the Borg could not handle that.

and most cubes are equiped with transwarp coils,they can each make there own conduits .
    Minor conduits that take months to move what the major ones do in hours and are easily detectable.

last time i checked an hour to cross the galaxy is hauling ass.
    It is hauling ass, but it is not maneuverable nor can you choose to go from random planet a to random planet b you have to go where you laid the major conduit

and what are you basing your ASSUMPTIONS about trek planetary defence ion canons on?ion storms and ion weapons are COMMON in trek,what are you basing your assertions between trek and SW ion canons on?
    On the fundamental power difference seen in all trek vs sw weaponry. Ion storms are common in SW and do not affect ships in the slightest, they barely even cuase static in sensors, but in ST ships have been destroyed in Ion storms "Who mourns for Morn" and it messes with ST shield, navigation and transporters. Now imagine something that takes all the power of an Ion storm and puts in weapon mount on a fighter.

basing your entire argument on personal speculation is getting old.
    Then why do you do that.

give me liberty
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott
    Since it is unlike anything they have worked with and they don't capture an intact copy and they don't capture technicians.

Becuase hy-permatter is much like the omega molecule and they proved the Borg could not handle that.

Minor conduits that take months to move what the major ones do in hours and are easily detectable.

It is hauling ass, but it is not maneuverable nor can you choose to go from random planet a to random planet b you have to go where you laid the major conduit

On the fundamental power difference seen in all trek vs sw weaponry. Ion storms are common in SW and do not affect ships in the slightest, they barely even cuase static in sensors, but in ST ships have been destroyed in Ion storms "Who mourns for Morn" and it messes with ST shield, navigation and transporters. Now imagine something that takes all the power of an Ion storm and puts in weapon mount on a fighter.

Then why do you do that.

so plasma weapons are unlike ANYTHING the borg have come into contact with?even thou they specificly integrate unknown technology into the collective as there purpose for being along with adapting to unknown weapons in SECONDS,AND plasma is a relitivly easy form of matter to work with,harness and control in the trek galaxy.blocking heat transference from a concentrated blast of plasma is a simple matter for trek ships,which is what and how TLs work/are.

and now your a molecular hypermatter expert?you know its molecular composition in relation to other molocules?even thou there is not much description about hypermatter, just a name and function.

and minor conduits that take monthes?you mean INDIVIDUAL conduits that are just as fast as the major permanent ones,remember the rogue borg that lore was working with?they could come and go anywhere at any time they pleased,remember?thats WHY they have conduit generaters on cubes,to transwarp to places that the main conduits dont go,they use both for effeciency.remember when voyager stole a conduit generater and cut 10 years off there trip in minutes?where the hell do you get this crap you just make up from thin air?monthes?honestly.

and wheres your proof sw ion storms are as strong as trek ion storms?the trek galaxy has phenomena thats completly unheard of in the sw galaxy,temperal rifts,spatial distortions,and a myriad of other disturbances that PLAGUE the entire galaxy,most likely sw ion storms pale in comparison to trek ion storms,at least if the physical size and amount and frequency of the distortions are any indacater to there severity.
    Last edited by mars13; 05-08-06 at 05:04 PM.

Minister of Technology
    so plasma weapons are unlike ANYTHING the borg have come into contact with?even thou they specificly integrate unknown technology into the collective as there purpose for being along with adapting to unknown weapons in SECONDS,AND plasma is a relitivly easy form of matter to work with,harness and control in the trek galaxy.blocking heat transference from a concentrated blast of plasma is a simple matter for trek ships,which is what and how TLs work/are.
    Actually much like phasers we have no idea what TL fire truthfully. We know what blasters fire, but not TL's. For all we know it could be a coherent beam of gamma rays. Plus in all honesty it is not the type of energy used it is how much is coming in. You could have a force field that can block anything, but if you don't have the power to dump inot it to keep it up then it is useless.

and now your a molecular hypermatter expert?you know its molecular composition in relation to other molocules?even thou there is not much description about hypermatter, just a name and function.
    There is a power output for it and a reactor the size of the six story building can not only produce enough energy to move a small moon, but provide it lifesupport, shields, tractor beams, shielding, and power a weapon that dumps more energy than the sun produces in 70 years.

and minor conduits that take monthes?you mean INDIVIDUAL conduits that are just as fast as the major permanent ones,remember the rogue borg that lore was working with?they could come and go anywhere at any time they pleased,remember?thats WHY they have conduit generaters on cubes,to transwarp to places that the main conduits dont go,they use both for effeciency.remember when voyager stole a conduit generater and cut 10 years off there trip in minutes?where the hell do you get this crap you just make up from thin air?monthes?honestly.

It took 6 months for the borg to reach earth the first time dumbass.

and wheres your proof sw ion storms are as strong as trek ion storms?the trek galaxy has phenomena thats completly unheard of in the sw galaxy,temperal rifts,spatial distortions,and a myriad of other disturbances that PLAGUE the entire galaxy,most likely sw ion storms pale in comparison to trek ion storms,at least if the physical size and amount and frequency of the distortions are any indacater to there severity.
    Actually SW has all those distortion they just aren't bothered or threatened by them and I sad an SW Light Ion Cannon (mounted on a y_Wing) is like being hit with an Ion Storm to a GCS, imagine what a Medium Ion Cannon, Heavy or eaven Planetary defense ones are like.
    Last edited by TW Scott; 05-09-06 at 09:13 PM.

give me liberty
    so you think a SD produces more power then 70 years of the SUN using FUSION?!it would have to be 10X BIGGER then the sun to do that in 7 years of maximum output.

aside from the fact NO explosion in SW from a SD was even remotely close to that much power,even when they crashed into the DS and exploded and made a fireball slightly larger then the SD itself[70 years of sun energy impacting the DS and being instantly released would have VAPORIZED it],and the fact NO weapons in any of the movies besides the DS show any powerlevels over the KT range,your full of mad shit along with the glorified fanfic tech manuals that are trumped by every movie.

xwings arent even vaporized when they are hit by TLs,they just explode,even thou GTs of energy being dumped into a fuel and weapon filled vehicle would VAPORIZE them to pure carbon vapor in a bright white flash.

and for the record,TLs have to be a form of matter/energy,plasma is the most likely form,they look and act like plasma,so thats what they probably are,unless you have a more reasonable explination,which you dont.here in trek land,things get scientific sounding labels ,known as technobabble ,to explain them.

you warsies have diluted your selves to the point of utter idiocy with your self wanking power levels that make ZERO sense if youve seen ANY of the movies or played ANY of the games.

im going to put this very simply for you,read it carefully-

If 70 years of the suns total output energy gets released in 3 seconds ,it makes a bigger fireball/expolsion then a few KMs.your about 5 orders of magnitude off.
    Last edited by mars13; 05-09-06 at 01:57 PM.

Minister of Technology
    so you think a SD produces more power then 70 years of the SUN using FUSION?!it would have to be 10X BIGGER then the sun to do that in 7 years of maximum output.
    Did I say SD? No you insolent little snotrag. I was of course referring to the hypermatter reacter inside the Death Star. Now aren't you the thundering moron.

aside from the fact NO explosion in SW from a SD was even remotely close to that much power,even when they crashed into the DS and exploded and made a fireball slightly larger then the SD itself[70 years of sun energy impacting the DS and being instantly released would have VAPORIZED it],and the fact NO weapons in any of the movies besides the DS show any powerlevels over the KT range,your full of mad shit along with the glorified fanfic tech manuals that are trumped by every movie.
    Now don't you sound like a fucking idiot now that you went on about something when if you took a moment you'd have realized what was being said.

xwings arent even vaporized when they are hit by TLs,they just explode,even thou GTs of energy being dumped into a fuel and weapon filled vehicle would VAPORIZE them to pure carbon vapor in a bright white flash.
    Ever consider that might consider that is the nuetronium enrighed duraarmor

and for the record,TLs have to be a form of matter/energy,plasma is the most likely form,they look and act like plasma,so thats what they probably are,unless you have a more reasonable explination,which you dont.here in trek land,things get scientific sounding labels ,known as technobabble ,to explain them.
    This from a man who obvisously failed chemistry and physics the first three times.

you warsies have diluted your selves to the point of utter idiocy with your self wanking power levels that make ZERO sense if youve seen ANY of the movies or played ANY of the games.
    Diluted? I added water to myslef making the concentration of me per whole less?

im going to put this very simply for you,read it carefully-

If 70 years of the suns total output energy gets released in 3 seconds ,it makes a bigger fireball/expolsion then a few KMs.your about 5 orders of magnitude off.
    thus we have alderaan.

give me liberty
    Did I say SD? No you insolent little snotrag. I was of course referring to the hypermatter reacter inside the Death Star. Now aren't you the thundering moron.

Now don't you sound like a fucking idiot now that you went on about something when if you took a moment you'd have realized what was being said.

Ever consider that might consider that is the nuetronium enrighed duraarmor

This from a man who obvisously failed chemistry and physics the first three times.

Diluted? I added water to myslef making the concentration of me per whole less?

thus we have alderaan.

and you still post nothing of substance,and my point still stands even if i confused your description about the DS reactor to a SDs reactor,be more specific next time.

when that SD crashed into the DS the resulting explosion was maybe a few KMs,even thou the ship is supposedly pumping out multiple GTs of energy every second.the ONSCREEN visuals of SD explosions are NOWHERE near the power levels required of the fuel for multiple GT powerlevel weaponry and shielding.

and by the way,i think you failed physics,gamma radiation is INVISIBLE,so TLs are obviously not gamma rays,and considering the technical descriptions of magneticly compressed super charged gas particles and the fact no one gets radiation poisoning from shooting blasters,they are most likely a highly concentrated ionized plasma,this is also consistant with the heat transference seen when a TL/blaster bolt impacts a target resulting in rapid visible heating and vaporization of the target.

and if xwings and the like are neutronium,why do they BREAK after impacting frozen dirt[where as the ENT D can crash land from orbit and remain relitivly intact]?or get CRUSHED by an AT_AT walkers weight?sw neutronium seems highly inferior to milkyway nuetronium,althou duranium and tritanium do remarkably well against nuetronium[see the dyson sphere episode for details,scottys runabout IMBEDDED itself 1 meter into the dyson sphere and was still capable of flight].

Minister of Technology
    and you still post nothing of substance,and my point still stands even if i confused your description about the DS reactor to a SDs reactor,be more specific next time.
    I would have thought the part about moving a small moon would have made it pretty damn clear.

when that SD crashed into the DS the resulting explosion was maybe a few KMs,even thou the ship is supposedly pumping out multiple GTs of energy every second.the ONSCREEN visuals of SD explosions are NOWHERE near the power levels required of the fuel for multiple GT powerlevel weaponry and shielding.
    So becuase ST uses unstable reactors you think everyone does. Good engineers design their systems with failsafes. ST engineers, excepting Mr Scott, seem to love it when systems explode becuase you exceeded design paramenters by a hair.

and by the way,i think you failed physics,gamma radiation is INVISIBLE,so TLs are obviously not gamma rays,and considering the technical descriptions of magneticly compressed super charged gas particles and the fact no one gets radiation poisoning from shooting blasters,they are most likely a highly concentrated ionized plasma,this is also consistant with the heat transference seen when a TL/blaster bolt impacts a target resulting in rapid visible heating and vaporization of the target.
    Gamma radiation is invisible to the naked eye, very true, however that could be becuase they are spread apart and normally not reflecting photons. However i was just making a point that with Turbolasers we have no clue. Blasters we know, they are a gass produces laser/plasma/partical bolt.

and if xwings and the like are neutronium,why do they BREAK after impacting frozen dirt[where as the ENT D can crash land from orbit and remain relitivly intact]?or get CRUSHED by an AT_AT walkers weight?sw neutronium seems highly inferior to milkyway nuetronium,althou duranium and tritanium do remarkably well against nuetronium[see the dyson sphere episode for details,scottys runabout IMBEDDED itself 1 meter into the dyson sphere and was still capable of flight].
    Where did you see X-Wings crashing into the ground, or being crushed by AT-AT's. I mean I saw the Durasteel speeders having that happen, but not a single X-wing. As for the saucer section of the D, it wasn't even in good enough shape to be tractored out and it had trees cushioning the landing. If that had been the whole D it just would have been a crater about a kilometer wide. As for the nuertronium in the Dyson sphere they said there was a layer of it, not the whole thing was made of it. As for the freighter it was a meter into the dust and debris that accumulated on the outside and compacted a little.

Before you speak again learn how to properly debate, on second thought learn how to think.
    Last edited by TW Scott; 05-10-06 at 02:32 PM.

give me liberty
    the dyson sphere was said to be a 1.5 KM shell of neutronium,and take a look at the sceen shots,thats not ''dust and debris'' that the runabout is imbedded in.

http://www.startrek.com/imageuploads...en/320x240.jpg

and starfleet ships have a 6x redundant magnetic containment system for antimatter,which is the only way to store it.a GCS store around 125,000 tons of antimatter if i remember correctly.thats damn impressive.

and TLs are just big blasters,hence,plasma.

and please try to form a response with valid points,not usless childish insults.
    Last edited by mars13; 05-10-06 at 12:56 PM.

Registered Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hypermelissa
    I think the answer lies in this video. Watch and be amazed. http://youtube.com/watch?v=hNxhrPaaCA4
    I love that video.

Registered Senior Abuser thedevilsreject's Avatar
    wow that video is cool

Minister of Technology
    the dyson sphere was said to be a 1.5 KM shell of neutronium,and take a look at the sceen shots,thats not ''dust and debris'' that the runabout is imbedded in.

http://www.startrek.com/imageuploads...en/320x240.jpg

As before. Everyone watching the viewscreen.

RAGER
    We are holding relative position
    at thirty thousand kilometers
    above the surface.

DATA
    (off console)
    I have found the Jenolan,
    Captain. It has impacted on the
    surface of the sphere.
    (works)
    There are no life signs.
    However, there are several small
    power emanations... and life
    support is still functioning at
    minimal levels.
    PICARD
    Good. Stand-by.
    (to Worf)
    Can we use the phasers to open
    a hole in the sphere?

WORF
    No, sir. The exterior shell is
    composed of carbon-neutronium.
    Our weapons would be ineffective.

I don't know what carbon-netronium but it is definately not your standard nuetronium which is matter collpase to the point where it is just nuetrons. Phasers are useless for some reason, but as shown a impulse physical impact can scrape the surface. Seems like just another lame trek alloy. An the transport vessel was not embedded in a meter, looks like a foot at most.

and starfleet ships have a 6x redundant magnetic containment system for antimatter,which is the only way to store it.a GCS store around 125,000 tons of antimatter if i remember correctly.thats damn impressive.
    Yeah and that is why go up like grenades when you look at them sideways.

and TLs are just big blasters,hence,plasma.
    Nowhere does it say this In fact Blasters are considered a different weapon type than laser and Turbolasers seem to be a third point. Besides even if it was plasma that still meens you are toast becuase of the raw power behind it.

and please try to form a response with valid points,not usless childish insults.
    It's not an insult if it is true.

give me liberty
    carbon neutronium is a common alloy in trek,its neutronium held between carbon molocules,and its almost indestructable,and it beats the crap out of dura steel,which the tech manuals say is about the same strength as tritanium.

and you didnt show the quote about the shells thickness,they do mention it being 1.5KMs thick.

and im sure no sw ship has every exploded,right? except when they barely bump the deathstar after a bridge impact and erupt into a pathetic fireball[a trek ship would have just got imbedded into it,see scottys shuttle or the ENT D for details,maybe they need SIFs or something?],or hit some frozen dirt on hoth ,or get hit by a log[see the galaleio seven for details on trek ships and 1 ton rocks thrown by twelve foot cavemen],or have 2 proton torps destroy the biggest baddest weapon youve ever created[wouldnt even DENT a single borg cube,and only a diluted fool would claim an unshielded xwing could take out a cube].

yeah,sw ships are SO much more durable.

and you think TLs produce enough raw plasma energy to overcome trek shields with heat transference?almost all ships can practicly SIT on the surface of a star,TLs are NO WHERE near as powerful as the surface of a star ,not even close.

and i guess you are actualy a child,like you said,it must be true.
    Last edited by mars13; 05-10-06 at 08:39 PM.

Minister of Technology
    carbon neutronium is a common alloy in trek,its neutronium held between carbon molocules,and its almost indestructable,and it beats the crap out of dura steel,which the tech manuals say is about the same strength as tritanium.
    Bullshit that it is common or indestructable. If it was indestructable it would be useless as a buliding material becuase you'd be unbale to fasten it together. As for it be nuetronium being between carbon atoms, then it would be mush like graphite. Face it, it is not nuetronium at all, not in the collapsed matter sense.

and you didnt show the quote about the shells thickness,they do mention it being 1.5KMs thick.
    Becuase it wasn't in there at any point and in fact by visuals the thickness was maybe a 1500 meters (if you push it) but for a good habitat 1000+ meters of that you need for sea depth and bedrock, soil and such. So you are left with 500 meers most of which is going to be access hatches and machinery. And given the resistance any form of ST fabeled "carbon nuetronium" has to phases it could be as little as two meters thick with respect making it impossible for the D to survive escaping. As for Durasteel being equal to Tritanium I will take that, means DuraArmor is five to ten times stronger and 100 times more resistant to energy.

and im sure no sw ship has every exploded,right? except when they barely bump the deathstar and erupt into a pathetic fireball[a trek ship would have just got imbedded into it,see scottys shuttle or the ENT D for details],or hit some frozen dirt ,or get hit by a log[see the galaleio seven for details on trek ships and 1 ton rocks],or have 2 proton torps destroy the biggest baddest weapon youve ever created[wouldnt even DENT a single borg cube].
    Hey, no SW ship in the movies has exploded due to computer virus. And the Executor was already heavily damage and was crashing into a true nuetronium armor belt, not the carbo-nuetronium that is just fancy steel. As for your assumptions on the Speeders (a civillian craft pressed into military duty) and AT-ST (the walker equivalent of the FAV dunebuggies) then yes some light military equipment is not as heavy armored as it should be. As for your aspersions versus the DeathStar it is was a flaw in their design, which the second would not have had.

yeah,sw ships are SO much more durable.
    Actually they are I mean look at what a single Domminion fighter can do to an Galaxy Class Cruiser even when the dang thisngs shields are up and the fighter is only going 1 km a second. The ship in ESP survived a hit from a asteroid 70+ meters at an impact speed of well over 4km a second. True the bridged tower was heavily damaged, but the ship survived with 100% combat capability

and you think TLs produce enough raw plasma energy to overcome trek shields with heat transference?almost all ships can practicly SIT on the surface of a star,TLs are NO WHERE near as powerful as the surface of a star ,not even close.
    Which why they are so desperate to avoid the photshperes of stars unless they are operating at 100% and can put the warp driving into the shields right?

and i guess you are actualy a child,like you said,it must be true.
    Child at heart, but that beats being what you are.

Hellenistic polytheist Hapsburg's Avatar
    Nowhere does it say this In fact Blasters are considered a different weapon type than laser and Turbolasers seem to be a third point. Besides even if it was plasma that still meens you are toast becuase of the raw power behind it.
    No, he's actually right for once. It has been stated that blasters and turbolasers (and by extention, laser cannons, which really aren't lasers) use the same mechanism: ionizing and superheating tibanna gas into a plasmoid, and ejecting the plasma out of a barrel as a lethal bolt.
    However, TLs and LCs are many, many, many, many, many times more powerful than even the largest blaster cannon.

and TLs are just big blasters, hence, plasma.
    Using that logic, the V3 Cannon was just a big howitzer.

We shall do what we damn well please, boy.
    Last edited by Hapsburg; 05-10-06 at 09:09 PM.