10-15-10, 05:30 PM #21501
10-15-10, 06:50 PM #21502
10-16-10, 04:16 PM #21503
10-16-10, 04:24 PM #21504
i don't think so..
why do you think the force doesn't mean squat?
BTW i am more of a star trek fan than a star wars fan..voyager was the best IMO, enterprise could have been better
and we are dealing with opinions, so there is no establishment..just opinions..
10-16-10, 07:17 PM #21505
And you have the brain of a squirrel if you still believe opoin means anything, if your more of a Star Trek fan than a SW fan then why are you going for two dictators who eventually rule the universe,(except at the end), storm troopers who can't shoot straight, and ships that can't do squat? I mean light sabers and telekinesis not going to do much as apposed to...... fill iin the blank.
10-16-10, 07:27 PM #21506
And what I said back there was VIEW, not opinion. Opinion is a useless impression that has no basis in any knowledge base.
So you're obviously wrong on both accounts.
In the grand scheme of things, the force IS useless in the Star Trek world.
The force can't be used from a distance to throw people around, among other things. Not to mention the fact that there's AT LEAST one Betazoid on board any Federation ship, who would immediately sense a force user, thus preventing any of them from even getting ON a ship. As for the from a distance VIEW, the videolink, posted previously, proves that (even though the ending is completely impossible - the one where the Enterprise D is captured).
Also, the force would basically be useless against Allasomorph's.
- Allasomorph's have evaded so many methods of attack, its not even funny. And they can adapt immediately. A bit of telekinisis isn't going to stop them, short of a direct disruptor blast. Good luck to SW with being able to shoot straight on the first shot. They ejaculate more shots than they hit anything.
And Vader's tricks won't mean squat if they face the Dominion (Jem'Hadar), or the Breen.
- Benzite's can lure the Republic forces somewhere where they won't survive. The force won't mean jack s#|+ if you can't survive somewhere. The Benzite can derive sustanance from any organic compound.
- Human (Augment) can do things that will make force user's head spin.
- Hunters live and die by perfecting ever type of hunting practice with anyone they encounter. They could most likely figure out how to outsmart a force user.
- And I doubt force users have multispheric brains like the Kobali. Knowledge is power. And the Kobali sure as hell are much more intelligent, than most races, and even force users who only have basic intelligence. And considering the fact that they can take the corpses of other races and procreate, is enough to show you that it would be hard to kill them off. Force or no force.
- the Krenim use temporal based weapons on force users and could alter their existence. The could 'destroy' any primitive SW ship or person with a single shot. Case closed. Force? hah The SW armies won't even know if they were hit let alone be abe to attack.
- the Mari could make force- users think they were 6 year old girls lol nuff said
- the Medusans. Force use against them? You must be joking. Not to mention any other physical attack would be useless, whether they using a body or not
- the Mokra. Need I say more? And you thought Sith were ruthless dictators hah!
- Organian. No explanation needed. If they can possess someone without them knowing. force would be useless as well as any other primitive attack from SW forces
- ditto for Pah Wraith. Attacks by Sith? don't make me laugh.
- the Pakled: SW massive egos would be immediately deflated after what the Pakleds could do to them. Force? yeah sure. I got something better -->
the Stupid is strong with the Pakleds.
- the Sheliak. good luck using the force with them. SW inane babble would be cut off in the first sentence of communication. Good luck dealing with them.
- and no amount of force power can defeat the Silver Blood. And knowing what they know now. SW would be a buffet to them.
- the Takaran: considering their extremely high resistence to injury the fragile species' in SW would become lambs to the slaughter. Takarans also have voluntary control over their own physiology down to a cellular level. No one in SW universe has EVER shown that level of control over their bodies.
- Holograms. remember the rogue holograms in ST: Voyager? yeah nuff said.
- the Thasians can materialize, restructure and disintegrate matter at will. Force? what force?
They can confer psionic ability on other beings, which basically means SW is fucked, because they have to take years to LEARN how to use the force on a very advanced combat level. The ones Thasians alter can become very powerful with the speed of thought.
- don't even get me started on what Species 8472 can do to force users or other species in SW.
I have pages of these I could go on. But I really hope you get the picture.
Last edited by Apocalypse2001; 10-16-10 at 07:31 PM. Reason: spelling, spelling again
10-16-10, 10:31 PM #21507
what are you tying to do? kill the thread?
anyone with a different opinion you jump down their throat?
the thread is called ST vr SW..it doesn't say thread closed ST wins..
if you have your mind made up..thats great..get out and let others discuss..
your job is not to conclude who wins..(although i see your point)
the object here is to have a discussion..not to slam everyone who thinks differently than you..
that post was way OCD...
doesn't give any room for discussion..
10-16-10, 10:38 PM #21508
and when discussing things like this,that is all they are..opinions..
if your more of a Star Trek fan than a SW fan then why are you going for two dictators who eventually rule the universe,(except at the end), storm troopers who can't shoot straight, and ships that can't do squat? I mean light sabers and telekinesis not going to do much as apposed to...... fill iin the blank.
i would agree with the Storm troopers not shooting straight..lol
ST took on the borg..so yes..they could take on SW ships
10-16-10, 10:58 PM #21509
10-16-10, 11:00 PM #21510
10-16-10, 11:01 PM #21511
10-16-10, 11:02 PM #21512
This thread like others, DEMANDS that you prove and disprove. If your heart can't take it, then don't read it. If you don't have the balls to produce evidence of your own, stop trolling! We don't need another Ricerony to further damage this thread.
EDIT: I provided proof. You didn't.
Last edited by Apocalypse2001; 10-16-10 at 11:04 PM. Reason: added sentence
10-16-10, 11:03 PM #21513
10-16-10, 11:03 PM #21514
10-16-10, 11:06 PM #21515
10-16-10, 11:17 PM #21516
this isn't rocket science..the world ain't gonna end..
and that post is just further evidence that you are trying to kill the thread..
its not rice (i havent heard from rice so i dont know how he acts) that is damaging the thread..it is you..
its a freaking tv show for christ sake..get some perspective..
10-16-10, 11:20 PM #21517
10-16-10, 11:28 PM #21518
10-16-10, 11:34 PM #21519
alright lets not bring down this thread talking about Ricery. I would like to see a comparison of a phaser pistol and a blaster pistol in power with scientific supporting links please. (no you tube videos I want real proof. I really don't know which is more powerful and It's time to start really debating again.)
10-16-10, 11:38 PM #21520
By Fettman in forum SciFi & FantasyLast Post: 10-18-11, 02:02 PMReplies: 33
By USS Athens in forum SciFi & FantasyLast Post: 03-16-10, 04:47 PMReplies: 291
By superstring01 in forum SciFi & FantasyLast Post: 03-11-10, 01:57 PMReplies: 60
By Orleander in forum SciFi & FantasyLast Post: 07-11-09, 08:33 PMReplies: 27
By Asguard in forum Computer Science & CultureLast Post: 09-13-08, 02:15 AMReplies: 0