View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

51 7.61%
  • Farscape

14 2.09%
  • Dune

54 8.06%
  • Stargate

39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
    It got a huge range. You are forgetting that you have to find it first.
    no problem use the jedi

Quote Originally Posted by razordude View Post
    no problem use the jedi
    It is not living, Jedi can't sense where it is. Jedi doesn't have that big a range, or all the Jedi in the galaxy would have noticed the Death Star BEFORE Aldereen.

Dimension Eater is WAY smaller. Shields won't matter with the Dimension Eater.
    Yes, but we've seen the Death Star destroy things the size of fighters, which are smaller than gundams. Even if the Death Star is not in range, we could just send in one of hundreds of fleets to do the dirty work.

It is not living, Jedi can't sense where it is.
    Jedi can sense non-living things, they just sense things before they happen.

Jedi doesn't have that big a range,
    Yoda could sense the jedi being killed from all over the galaxy during Order 66.

or all the Jedi in the galaxy would have noticed the Death Star BEFORE Aldereen.
    There were only two. Not including Luke who was still in training.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega133 View Post
    Yes, but we've seen the Death Star destroy things the size of fighters, which are smaller than gundams. Even if the Death Star is not in range, we could just send in one of hundreds of fleets to do the dirty work.
    It can just take out the fleet if necessary. Did I mention the Macross Cannon yet? Even stronger then the Dimension Eater. It took out a VAST armada with one shot ( if I remember correctly, it was several thousand ships ), it doesn't have to hit its targets directly.

sorry got to go uncle forcing me off, no no noooo!

Jedi can sense non-living things, they just sense things before they happen.
    Yeah, but it isn't that specific.

Yoda could sense the jedi being killed from all over the galaxy during Order 66.
    Because the death of the Jedi left a huge gap in the force.

There were only two. Not including Luke who was still in training.
    No there was more then that.

It can just take out the fleet if necessary. Did I mention the Macross Cannon yet? Even stronger then the Dimension Eater. It took out a VAST armada with one shot ( if I remember correctly, it was several thousand ships ), it doesn't have to hit its targets directly.
    But as proven, the Empire alone has hundreds of thousands of warships. We could just keep cranking them out until eventually you lose.

I have a whole bunch if "trump cards" hidden under my sleeve.

But as proven, the Empire alone has hundreds of thousands of warships. We could just keep cranking them out until eventually you lose.
    Each Macross-class ship have a Macross Cannon ( SMS Quarter have one, but it is much less powerful ). There are a whole bunch of colony fleets ( Each one is designated Macross if I remember correctly, and have a Macross-class, Macross Frontier have the Battle Frontier ). The exact number of colony fleets is unknown, but here are a lot of them. Remember, it is just one shot, from one cannon.

Because the death of the Jedi left a huge gap in the force.
    But that still means they can sense from a great range. The Emporer sensed Silus, who at the time was in the Outer Rim, from Coruscant and sent Darth Maul to kill him.

No there was more then that.
    At the time of ANH? There was only Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Luke who was in training.

There are a whole bunch of colony fleets ( Each one is designated Macross if I remember correctly, and have a Macross-class, Macross Frontier have the Battle Frontier ).
    Without a relative number this is a little hard to debate.

But that still means they can sense from a great range. The Emporer sensed Silus, who at the time was in the Outer Rim, from Coruscant and sent Darth Maul to kill him.
    See, they are living, but the Dimension Eater is not.

At the time of ANH? There was only Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Luke who was in training.
    There are a whole bunch.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Order_66

I know it is not the most reliable source, but it is reliable enough in this case.

Without a relative number this is a little hard to debate.
    I know of Macross Galaxy and Macross Frontier, those are the two fleets I know. The Macross-classes I know of are Battle Galaxy, Battle Frontier, Super Dimensional Fortress Macross, Battle 7, and SMS Quarter, but it have been stated that there are much more then that. Not just colony fleets have Macrosses, as seen by SDF-1.

The highest designation for a fleet I can remember is 117th Long Distance Research Fleet. However, that doesn't mean there are 117 fleets.

See, they are living, but the Dimension Eater is not.
    Mace Windu sensed a plot to destroy the Jedi, Master Luminara sensed Chamelion Droids laying mines inside the Jedi Temple in Illum. Both are not living things.

There are a whole bunch.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Order_66
    From your own source:
    Nonetheless, many of these Jedi were killed over the following years during the Great Jedi Purge.
    The Great Jedi Purge happened in the years before the destruction of Alderaan.

Mace Windu sensed a plot to destroy the Jedi, Master Luminara sensed Chamelion Droids laying mines inside the Jedi Temple in Illum. Both are not living things.
    A plot to destroy the Jedi, that is not very specific. Illum case is because the droids created movement and it is very close.

From your own source:

The Great Jedi Purge happened in the years before the destruction of Alderaan.
    Did you read the entire thing though? There are many survivors, and some joined Luke in the New Jedi Order.

A plot to destroy the Jedi, that is not very specific. Illum case is because the droids created movement and it is very close.
    Specific enough. But droids aren't living things, that proves that Jedi can sense non-living organisms.

Did you read the entire thing though? There are many survivors, and some joined Luke in the New Jedi Order.
    But how credible is that information?

Specific enough. But droids aren't living things, that proves that Jedi can sense non-living organisms.
    They sense the MOVEMENT.

But how credible is that information?
    It is supported by EU books that I have read.

They sense the MOVEMENT.
    And? Doesn't a mobile suit move?