View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

51 7.61%
  • Farscape

14 2.09%
  • Dune

54 8.06%
  • Stargate

39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir665
    leopold, anyone who will argue the actual series, and not what they make up
    is the next generation considered an actual series?
    i'm a next generation freak, although i have watch a few original series episodes

give me liberty
    Quote Originally Posted by leopold99
    is the next generation considered an actual series?
    i'm a next generation freak, although i have watch a few original series episodes

gene himslef could come back from the dead and argue for trek and it still wouldnt be enough to convince these retards that shields withstand over 400gjs of energy on a regular basis.

the wong spawn warsies are just mad that no TL has showed GTs of anything in any book,or movie .

ill argue for sw for you.

a TL has trouble burning 1 ACRE of forest per bolt,while a ptorp vaporizes enough mass to be seen from space,proving TLs are 47trillion times more powerful.and this also proves no trek shield could withstand a BB gun at close range without erupting into a fireball.and a SDs shields can withstand every single ship seen in in all of trek firing every single weapon all at once without a scratch,and then blow every single one of the ships up by firing one 47bazillion petaton HTL bolt which would vaporize every trek ship within 70trillion lightyears of the mighty blast.

give me liberty
    in fact im going to argue for sw from now on.

accuracy- no st ship has ever gotten above 0% accuracy,in fact every shot from a st ship destroys said ship instanly resulting in a -100% accuracy

firepower-no st ship has firepower beyond that of a bottle rocket in range or yeild under any circumstance

shields-all st shielding amplifies incoming attacks and has never absorbed any energy from anything ever,its common knowledge that a flashlight will drop a GCS shields in under 3 seconds

transporters-everyone know instant travel is stupid compared to sending a vehicle instead,and no transporter has ever been succesfully used in any situation for any reason anyway,and its common knowledge across the entire universe that transporters are blocked by ,air,paper,strong winds,empty space,or the equivilent energy of a 9volt battery

replicaters- useless compared to a factory half a galaxy away,no replicater has ever been shown to be better then assembly lines in speed or effeciency

tactics-no trek plan has ever succeeded under any circumstance ever,thay all backfire resulting in an instant loss

overall conclusion- whenever a trek ship engages another trek ship in combat,both ships simultaniuosly explode instanly due to faulty designs ,and thats only if said ships are even capable of space flight.

any trek ship that tries to engage a SW ship in combat will explode instantly before getting within 5000LYs because of the sw ships mere presence is enough raw power to overwhelm the trek ships systems.
    Last edited by mars13; 03-07-06 at 07:14 PM.

any trek ship that tries to engage a SW ship in combat will explode instantly before getting within 5000LYs because of the sw ships mere presence is enough raw power to overwhelm the trek ships systems.
    This trumps all ST tech ever.

give me liberty
    yeah,SDs could replace the sun for gad sakes,they have so much power,im surprised they dont have planets orbiting them.

hell sw ships are so strong i bet they could fire one LTL blast and vaporize the entire trek galaxy.

i bet vader could fart the trek galaxy out of exsistance.

han solo could beat Q in a wrestling match.

if 2 SW ships tried fighting their overwhelming power could destroy all known esistance.

everyone knows no sw ship has ever been destroyed by anything ever,duh.

all hail the invincible SD!!!!!!!!!!impervious to any and all attacks from anything in trek.

Minister of Technology
    You know I am just looking for a resonable debate here. One made without exaggerating abilities we can verify with ease.

Why do I say a Photon Torpedo may be only around 20 kilotons? Becuase no where in film or series have we seen it do any more than that. Look through all the film you want you won't find a single instance were a normal Photon Torpedo is any more spectacular than a 20 kiloton explosion.

Why do I say the shields of the Enterprise D are dropped by a 400gJ? In the episode with the Douwd, Worf is monitoring tactical when the Douwd created spacecraft fires a 400 gigawatt partical beam at the Enterprise and disables Shields in one shot. Even if this was a "magic" trick Worf and the entire crew expected a beam of 400 gigawatts to disable shields and then weapons on the second shot. Not one of the crew question that that would happen.

Let go your conscious self...
    I think mars is taking this "debate" just a liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle too seriously...I think he's right, though, Vader might be able to fart the trek galaxy out of existence if you tell him his wife died...again...

give me liberty
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott
    You know I am just looking for a resonable debate here. One made without exaggerating abilities we can verify with ease.

Why do I say a Photon Torpedo may be only around 20 kilotons? Becuase no where in film or series have we seen it do any more than that. Look through all the film you want you won't find a single instance were a normal Photon Torpedo is any more spectacular than a 20 kiloton explosion.

Why do I say the shields of the Enterprise D are dropped by a 400gJ? In the episode with the Douwd, Worf is monitoring tactical when the Douwd created spacecraft fires a 400 gigawatt partical beam at the Enterprise and disables Shields in one shot. Even if this was a "magic" trick Worf and the entire crew expected a beam of 400 gigawatts to disable shields and then weapons on the second shot. Not one of the crew question that that would happen.

http://www.voyager.cz/tng/epizody/023skinofevilobr9.htm

the last pic bottom left,and thats an M class planet with a ptorp hitting it.

thats well over 50MTs and ST shields can withstand more then one of those.

and when that MAGIC ship shot at them the shields instantly dropped and everybody freaked out because they didnt expect that.

you can now offcialy shove that 400gj number up your arse.

I didn't see a torp anywhere in that entire picture...

Minister of Technology
    Quote Originally Posted by mars13
    http://www.voyager.cz/tng/epizody/023skinofevilobr9.htm

the last pic bottom left,and thats an M class planet with a ptorp hitting it.

thats well over 50MTs and ST shields can withstand more then one of those.
    No that's about a 20 kiloton nuclear detonation if the planet was earth sized. M class only refers to atmoshere and radiation levels, nothing else. You can have an M class moon the size of Phobos if it has the proper atmosphere and
    radiation level.

As for the shileds you never see a photon exploding against shields, only impacting and being destroyed.

and when that MAGIC ship shot at them the shields instantly dropped and everybody freaked out because they didnt expect that.
    First of all the ship was real to sensors. Sensors picked up the ship firing a 400 Gigiawatt blast. No one was surprised shields were brought down or that weapons were shorted offline by the blasts. However they were surprised that this ship fire a 400 gigawatt blasts at them.

you can now offcialy shove that 400gj number up your arse.
    I would personally not want it shoved up my arse, especially since i was being nice and rounding up in your favor. It is you who keep making things more than they are.

give me liberty
    No that's about a 20 kiloton nuclear detonation if the planet was earth sized. M class only refers to atmoshere and radiation levels, nothing else. You can have an M class moon the size of Phobos if it has the proper atmosphere and
    radiation level.

whatever dude,your an idiot,if that planet is even close to earth size[its probably bigger] then that explosion was bigger[it would have taken out delaware] then any nuke used on earth,which is well over 50MTs,stop being a little crybaby.

ptorps are 64MTs-500MTs,deal with it dipshit.the tech manual says so,einstien says so,the shows say so,the only one who thinks diffrently is you.

im pretty sure captains and crews of trek ships are higher canon then your idiotic opinion.

and by the way heres the classifications of planets

http://www.ccdump.org/planetclass.html

and by my calculations that explosion was over 450kms wide.

assuming that planet had a diameter of 10,000kms[the smallest for an M class],half that being 5000kms,the planet is 47mms on my screen,the explosion was 2 mms,that works out to over 450kms ,and thats the low end of the yield.

feel free to check my math.
    Last edited by mars13; 03-08-06 at 07:59 PM.

Like I said, a liiiiiiiiiiiiittle too seriously...

Minister of Technology
    whatever dude,your an idiot,if that planet is even close to earth size[its probably bigger] then that explosion was bigger[it would have taken out delaware] then any nuke used on earth,which is well over 50MTs,stop being a little crybaby.
    I'm the idiot? You'd making fallicous claims that are so assinine as to be laughable and I'm the idiot? Interesting world you dwell in. Well back in the real world things are much different.

ptorps are 64MTs-500MTs,deal with it dipshit.the tech manual says so,einstien says so,the shows say so,the only one who thinks diffrently is you.
    And Star Trek visuals. Actually if they were loaded with 2 kg of Anuitmatter, then yes they might be, but we are never told the amount. In fact we are told a small amount, and given the givens it could be just a few grams. Which would explain why the biggest torpedo explosions you see are consistant with 20 kilotons.

im pretty sure captains and crews of trek ships are higher canon then your idiotic opinion.
    But, they never say megatons. In fact the only time we hear megatons is when they detonate an entire Constitution class starship.

and by the way heres the classifications of planets

http://www.ccdump.org/planetclass.html
    Not canon don't post it

and by my calculations that explosion was over 450kms wide.

assuming that planet had a diameter of 10,000kms[the smallest for an M class],half that being 5000kms,the planet is 47mms on my screen,the explosion was 2 mms,that works out to over 450kms ,and thats the low end of the yield.

feel free to check my math.
    I love how your approximations are completely off. You are caliming half the plaent when you don't even see that much. Then you are counting the width of the radiance as the explosion size. Are you sure you want to be doing that? Not only that but you are making judgements of planet size when none was ever listed.

give me liberty
    I'm the idiot? You'd making fallicous claims that are so assinine as to be laughable and I'm the idiot? Interesting world you dwell in. Well back in the real world things are much different.

And Star Trek visuals. Actually if they were loaded with 2 kg of Anuitmatter, then yes they might be, but we are never told the amount. In fact we are told a small amount, and given the givens it could be just a few grams. Which would explain why the biggest torpedo explosions you see are consistant with 20 kilotons.

But, they never say megatons. In fact the only time we hear megatons is when they detonate an entire Constitution class starship.

Not canon don't post it

I love how your approximations are completely off. You are caliming half the plaent when you don't even see that much. Then you are counting the width of the radiance as the explosion size. Are you sure you want to be doing that? Not only that but you are making judgements of planet size when none was ever listed.

sorry ass bandit,we can see 75% of the planet,,all resources said class M planets are at least 10,000kms diameter.

warheads are loaded with at least 1.5kgs of antimatter.

ptorps are 64-500MTs,deal with it ass bandit.

and if you want to talk about visuals,no explosion in any SW movie is even remotly close to 10 KTs,except the death star,so much for your stupid 40billion teraton TLs.

That and the yuuzhan vong torching Ithor, and Kyp Durron setting a star nova with the sun crusher...

give me liberty
    that wasnt seen in the movies,in fact the highest yeild explosion in the movies[excluding the DS] was the SD shooting tiny space rocks.all other explosions were less then 1 KT.

and in the books theres a part where a SD is bombarding a planet and it says that a TL bolt made an acre burst into flames,thats less then 1 KT of energy.

meanwhile in trek we see a huge 450km explosion from space.[if anyone objects to this estimate,feel free to SHOW YOUR MATH]AND they have blown up asteroids 10 times the size of the ones that the SD blew up,and vaporized 60 cubic KMs[ill have to check that number again] of solid rock with phasers in seconds

based on on-screen visuals,trek has the definite edge on weapons yeild.

Minister of Technology
    sorry ass bandit,we can see 75% of the planet,,all resources said class M planets are at least 10,000kms diameter.
    Okay according to Paramount Class M planets are only highly supportive of life. There is no minimum size given. that trumps any source you have.

warheads are loaded with at least 1.5kgs of antimatter.
    Actually, according to paramount it says just small quantity. 1.5 kilograms may qualify but I think not. In fact 1.5 kilograms would be sizable.

ptorps are 64-500MTs,deal with it ass bandit.
    Then why don't they act that way? Oh, that right becuase they aren't. their 18.3 isotons and the more you anlyze 1 isoton looks more like 1,000,000 kilograms.

and if you want to talk about visuals,no explosion in any SW movie is even remotly close to 10 KTs,except the death star,so much for your stupid 40billion teraton TLs.
    Ah, so we are back to lying and making things up again. I have already showed you the bareminimum energy needed to vaporize asteroid 1/8 the size of the small ones seen in ESB to be 33 kilotons. that is not taking inot account the explosive effect or extemely rapid heat transfer. So you are looking at weapons that do well over 264 kilotons for point defense weaponry.

give me liberty
    Okay according to Paramount Class M planets are only highly supportive of life. There is no minimum size given. that trumps any source you have.

Actually, according to paramount it says just small quantity. 1.5 kilograms may qualify but I think not. In fact 1.5 kilograms would be sizable.

Then why don't they act that way? Oh, that right becuase they aren't. their 18.3 isotons and the more you anlyze 1 isoton looks more like 1,000,000 kilograms.

Ah, so we are back to lying and making things up again. I have already showed you the bareminimum energy needed to vaporize asteroid 1/8 the size of the small ones seen in ESB to be 33 kilotons. that is not taking inot account the explosive effect or extemely rapid heat transfer. So you are looking at weapons that do well over 264 kilotons for point defense weaponry.

nice try,but LACK of information on a website doesnt outrank other forms of canon.

class M planets are earth size or close to it.and dont EVEN try to argue they are not.earth-like planets are roughly the same size,density,and atmosphere.

that explosion was well beyond 400KMs wide,thats a 200km blast radius that was clearly visible from orbit on a planet roughly earth size.

and your math is crap.that rock was maybe 15 meters,and it was not vaporized in 1/15th second,and i doubt your density estimates are accurate.

10KT is more then enough energy to vaporize a rock that big,that fast.

class M planets are earth size or close to it.and dont EVEN try to argue they are not.earth-like planets are roughly the same size,density,and atmosphere.
    Going on the information provided by TW :

You can verify this using google and the search string NASA "what makes a planet habitable" you get the following.

Durisen said that he hopes the new lesson plans challenge sixth-graders to ask larger questions. For example: What makes a planet habitable or not? What are the prospects for finding life on other planets?

"They are wide open questions," the astronomer said, "and ones that stimulate the imagination of people of any age."
    Since nobody knows exactly what makes a planet habitable, we can presume that TW Scotts canon reference and assumption are more true than your own.

And mars, no one ever established that our references had to be strictly screenplay. I can call on anything from anywhere I want.