View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

51 7.61%
  • Farscape

14 2.09%
  • Dune

54 8.06%
  • Stargate

39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

Quote Originally Posted by ricrery View Post
    Do you have problems reading? They say that Zerg can beat Imperium, I play around too. I bet a Titan could beat a Macross or Gundam mech though, from what I've heard.
    I have heard a lot of things.

Purveyor of Truth and Fact Kittamaru's Avatar
    Really? You ADMITTED that you don't shit about Warhammer. A single chapter has ships several OoM stronger than SC ships, better troops, better tanks, better everything!
    So you keep saying, over and over and over, yet you never cite evidence that this is true.

Scientific Process - state it, then prove it. Repeatedly. Otherwise, it's just a theory. Your firepower calcs would render Ground Warfare pointless... but then again, you never were good at thinking before speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun View Post
    Evidence please?
    Terrans = Redneck Space Marines
    Protoss = Eldar
    Zerg = Tyranids

Fuck, they are ripping off Warhammer to this day. Banelings are a ripoff of Mycetic Spore Mines. Reapers are a ripoff of Assault Marines. Ultralisks are a ripoff of Carnifices. Mutalisks are a ripoff of Gargoyles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittamaru View Post
    SUre it does - means i'm better than you at starcraft...
    I am not sure, but I think it can be measured in newtons as well.

Terrans = Redneck Space Marines
    Protoss = Eldar
    Zerg = Tyranids

Fuck, they are ripping off Warhammer to this day. Banelings are a ripoff of Mycetic Spore Mines. Reapers are a ripoff of Assault Marines. Ultralisks are a ripoff of Carnifices. Mutalisks are a ripoff of Gargoyles.
    There are similarities, doesn't mean they are rip offs.

So you keep saying, over and over and over, yet you never cite evidence that this is true.
    Oh my fucking God...

Educate yourself.

Scientific Process - state it, then prove it. Repeatedly. Otherwise, it's just a theory. Your firepower calcs would render Ground Warfare pointless... but then again, you never were good at thinking before speaking.
    What? Do you know an iota of W40k? Well, the Imperium doesn't go destroying worlds, they conquer or reconquer them, but that would be a little hard with continent destroying blasts now wouldn't it?

Really? You ADMITTED that you don't shit about Warhammer. A single chapter has ships several OoM stronger than SC ships, better troops, better tanks, better everything!
    i read two of the horus books as far as io could tell nothing in there was really impressiveexploding gun shells we could do that now nothing shoewed me a big and powerful technology level there.

There are similarities, doesn't mean they are rip offs.
    Spore Mines... are Banelings... Hell, Blizzard are big fans of Games Workshop, and the first Warcraft game was supposed to be a Warhammer game. What does that tell you?

Observation, Recognition of pattern, Hypothesis and Prediction

Quote Originally Posted by razordude View Post
    i read two of the horus books as far as io could tell nothing in there was really impressiveexploding gun shells we could do that now nothing shoewed me a big and powerful technology level there.
    Because they are conquering the planets? In "Black Crusade" 100 or so Nova Cannon shots had a chance of destroying a planet.

What? Do you know an iota of W40k? Well, the Imperium doesn't go destroying worlds, they conquer or reconquer them, but that would be a little hard with continent destroying blasts now wouldn't it?
    thats because they can't destroy it they don't have the technology.

Because they are conquering the planets? In "Black Crusade" 100 or so Nova Cannon shots had a chance of destroying a planet.
    a chance no guarentee

Spore Mines... are Banelings... Hell, Blizzard are big fans of Games Workshop, and the first Warcraft game was supposed to be a Warhammer game. What does that tell you?
    Warcraft is a different franchise. From what I can see, Warcraft is not a rip off of WH 40K in any sense.

Warcraft is a different franchise. From what I can see, Warcraft is not a rip off of WH 40K in any sense.
    It is of Fantasy. Warcraft was meant to be a Warhammer game. The similarities of Starcraft and Warhammer 40,000 are kind of explained by the fact Blizzard is a fan of W40k/WHF

alot of games have similarities like that no bigge

It is of Fantasy. Warcraft was meant to be a Warhammer game. The similarities of Starcraft and Warhammer 40,000 are kind of explained by the fact Blizzard is a fan of W40k/WHF
    point being what they were a fan so what.

thats because they can't destroy it they don't have the technology.
    If you even knew an iota of W40k, you would figure out DESTROYING AN EMPIRE YOU ARE TRYING TO HOLD TOGETHER is not the best option.

alot of games have similarities like that no bigge
    Yeah, and there's a difference from having similarities and MAKING A GAME ABOUT IT.

Okay, they are fans. So?

Okay, they are fans. So?
    To the point that they wanted to make games about those universes