View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

51 7.61%
  • Farscape

14 2.09%
  • Dune

54 8.06%
  • Stargate

39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

Hellenistic polytheist Hapsburg's Avatar
    White holes aren't a SW-specific thing...they actually exist.

Variable yields are the exact same thing as variable frequency- chaning the strength of one's shields or weapon systems to suit a certain situation.

I would just like to thank every user who helped raise this thread to 2000 posts of crap!

give me liberty
    Quote Originally Posted by Hapsburg
    White holes aren't a SW-specific thing...they actually exist.

Variable yields are the exact same thing as variable frequency- chaning the strength of one's shields or weapon systems to suit a certain situation.

no,its the diffrence between am radio and fm radio.

sw uses AM while star trek uses FM

on is amplitude modulation[varying power output],the other is frequency modulation[varying frequency]all thou trek uses both together in varying forms.

Haha He Got You There Haps Man!

Let go your conscious self...
    No, actually, taking down the 2nd republic and the empire together is a feat in itself, more than the borg are likely capable of. And if you look in the expanded universe(everything is in there somewhere), you'll find that VCSD's do have variable frequency TL's.

And who the hell's fafnir and why doesn't he realize no one cares about whatever it is he's talking about?

Check between pages 50 - 70, i have like 50 posts in there. Also, mars is right about AM verses FM, and how the wording works out. Even if his formatting is all retarded

So who's side are you on, then?

Star Wars, that doesnt mean I can't say mars13 made a good point.

No, it doesn't, but it doesn't do much for your side unless you argue for us, instead of just pointing out that we're all making good points against eachother...

give me liberty
    wheres these quotes that show variable frequency TLs?

and the borg adapt pretty quick to new weapons anyway,unless each ship in SW gets 100-1 kill/death ratio,your boned.

Minister of Technology
    Okay Mars13 counter argument. Where anywhere in the series does it say that the Borg become 100% resistant to a weapon type? Oh, that's right, nowhere.

A single Imperial Star Destroyer with out support can take on Borg Cube after Borg Cube with little fear of failure. Sure if a dozen hopped out of nowhere an ISD would be screwed if it's hyperdrive was out, but when have you seen more than a handfull act at once. For that matter when have you seen an ISD not carrying Tie Fighters, Skipray blastboats, Strike cruisers and other such craft.

Seeker, theres no point in arguing against mars13 he is too fanatical about ST, and just makes shit up. THAT is the only reason I dont argue for SW, we already won, mars13 just cant see it. He made the only good point I have ever seen him make, so I thought I would congratulate him

give me liberty
    Quote Originally Posted by TW Scott
    Okay Mars13 counter argument. Where anywhere in the series does it say that the Borg become 100% resistant to a weapon type? Oh, that's right, nowhere.

A single Imperial Star Destroyer with out support can take on Borg Cube after Borg Cube with little fear of failure. Sure if a dozen hopped out of nowhere an ISD would be screwed if it's hyperdrive was out, but when have you seen more than a handfull act at once. For that matter when have you seen an ISD not carrying Tie Fighters, Skipray blastboats, Strike cruisers and other such craft.

small craft are easy work for a phaser or disrupter[the entD can take out small craft 5 every 3 seconds with phasers,the borg just have hundreds more phase/disrupter arrays .],and after the borg scan a SD going to hyperspace they would be able to go to hyperspace too.

thats what the borg do,they scan,sample and intergrate your technology into their own.

if you have it and use it against the borg they will adapt and replicate your own technology to use against you.

they eventualy become immune to EVERY single attack they encounter.

and the whole time your trying to fight them they will be beaming over thousands of drones and assimilating your crew,something SWs will NOT be prepared for since it doesnt have transporters.

your technological and biological uniquness will be added to the collective,resistance is futile.

ps,the nanobots used to take out 8472,combined with the mutlikenetic neutronic mine should take out the vong easily and over entire star system distances.it will also work on those SDs your so fond of.and every assmilated
    stormy is one more borg drone you have to worry about.
    Last edited by mars13; 03-06-06 at 01:26 AM.

Minister of Technology
    Actually mars13 lost a long time ago. His failure to provide any math to support any of his claims, branded him a coward. His complete misrepresentation of canon has labeled him a vacous imbecile. His outrageous claims has labled him a liar. Finally his underhanded attempt to get Star Trek more votes by using a sock puppet lables him a cheater. it is my opinion that we continue having rational discussions and ignore this parasitic poster once again

How about we as a group determine the firepower of Light Turbo lasers? Would some one from the star trek side give me an approximate make up of Asteroids formed form the break up a of mineral rich earth type planet. We know the asteroids had high level of iron and nickle, becuase of EU.
    Last edited by TW Scott; 03-06-06 at 12:18 PM.

give me liberty
    Actually mars13 lost a long time ago. His failure to provide any math to support any of his claims, branded him a coward. His complete misrepresentation of canon has labeled him a vacous imbecile. His outrageous claims has labled him a liar. Finally his underhanded attempt to get Star Trek more votes by using a sock puppet lables him a cheater. it is my opinion that we continue having rational discussions and ignore this parasitic poster once again

still nothing of value or meaning,EVIDENCE works better in a debate then insults.

multikenetic nuetronic mine loaded with voyger altered nanites = no more vong,or anything in your galaxy for that matter,entire systems will be assmilated in hours along with all your technolgy that will be enhanced by the borg and used against you.

every ship and stormy that is assmilated takes one of your men/ships from you and they are now fighting against you.

the borgstormies will be bad,as well as the borgdroids,especialy combined with replicater technology they will have trillions of robotic drones after a short time.
    Last edited by mars13; 03-06-06 at 02:09 AM.

Minister of Technology
    Mars 13 unless you are going to contribute asomething worthwhile and not so easily refutable please refrain from posting. It clutters up the posts people want to read.

Okay I have come up with my own percentages
    Granite :30
    Titanium :12
    Iron :28
    Uranium :2.5
    Lead :2.5
    Carbon :4
    Nickel :15
    Tungsten : 6

Now given the density in kilograms per cubic meter, specific heat capacities per kg , and temperature of melting (as follows)
    Granite :2750 :294 :1215
    Titanium :4507 :520 :1941
    Iron :7874 :444 :1811
    Uranium :19050 :120 :1405.3
    Lead :1134 :130 :600.1
    Carbon :2267 :720 :3800
    Nickel :8908 :420 :1728
    Tungsten :19250 :130 :3695

I have deterimined the mass of a shpere of a 10 meter radius to be: 41,827,415.92 kg or 41,827.41 tons

The Joules needed to simply melt this conglomeration is 24,400,802,704,492.10 joules or 24,400.8 gigajoules.

Now note this figure does not take into account the energy loss do to conduction nor does it factor in the supersonic heating of the asteroids we see. The sample size is also several times smaller than the Asteroids we see vaporized in ESB and at least ten times smaller than ones described in novelization. Still if this were the only example, there is enough energy in one 1/15th second Light Turbo Laser blast to drop the shields of 60 Galaxy Class starships.

The equations used for this include.
    Volume of sphere v=2piR^2
    Joules required: J=Mass*temperature change*specific heat.
    Last edited by TW Scott; 03-06-06 at 02:35 PM.

give me liberty
    Mars 13 unless you are going to contribute asomething worthwhile and not so easily refutable please refrain from posting. It clutters up the posts people want to read.

im still waiting for ANY refution,if its so easy to refute.

you havent refuted anything in the last 20 pages.

and your math is crap.

Minister of Technology
    Well since I now have him on ignore let me guess: MY math sucks and STpwns all is the jist of mars13's statement. He does not provide a shred of evidence nor does he look at the proof. Sad really.

So according to above calculation 1 Light Turbo Laser shot =1 crippled or destroyed ST ship. Thinks perhaps the Borg are actually outmatched.

give me liberty
    Well since I now have him on ignore let me guess: MY math sucks and STpwns all is the jist of mars13's statement. He does not provide a shred of evidence nor does he look at the proof. Sad really.

So according to above calculation 1 Light Turbo Laser shot =1 crippled or destroyed ST ship. Thinks perhaps the Borg are actually outmatched.

multikenetic nuetronic mine,what do you not understand? it assimilates entire star systems and you have NOTHING that can counter it.

voyager enhanced nanites,they are designed to infect faster then 8472s immune system can react.

tell me what you refute,please,its hard to win an argument if you NEVER refute FACTS.

and your ''math'' is far from correct.

your still using that tired 400Gj number you love to throw around,even thou 1 ptorp is far more then 400gj and shields withstand multiple hits .

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnir665
    Seeker, theres no point in arguing against mars13 he is too fanatical about ST, and just makes shit up. THAT is the only reason I dont argue for SW, we already won, mars13 just cant see it. He made the only good point I have ever seen him make, so I thought I would congratulate him

Of course we did, but the arguing is so...exhilerating. I know we can't win, but still, it's like a survival match with cheat codes, they just keep coming and you just keep crushing. Sure it gets boring after a while, but it hasn't been a while yet, so guess what we're doing...