View Poll Results: Which universe would win?

Voters
670. This poll is closed
  • Star Trek

    227 33.88%
  • Star Wars

    285 42.54%
  • Spaceballs

    51 7.61%
  • Farscape

    14 2.09%
  • Dune

    54 8.06%
  • Stargate

    39 5.82%

Thread: Star Wars vs Star Trek

  1. #20121
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega133
    Was this a hint to Dyw, or just a suggestion?
    Not him specifically, but it would be necessary so that the criteria can have legitimate authority. What use is the list unless you can invoke its authority?

  2. #20122
    Aus der Dunkelheit Omega133's Avatar
    Posts
    6,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardonic Crisis View Post
    Not him specifically, but it would be necessary so that the criteria can have legitimate authority. What use is the list unless you can invoke its authority?
    True. Got ay ideas as to whom this Moderator will be?

  3. #20123
    Penguinaciously duckalicious. Dywyddyr's Avatar
    Posts
    16,213
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega133 View Post
    Lets see what everyone thinks of the group idea.
    Was this a hint to Dyw, or just a suggestion?
    It wouldn't have been much good as a hint to me anyway.
    Tristan is the mod for this sub-forum, and mods only have "authority" in their own sub-forum.
    Heck, I can't even warn people outside of Human Science (unless they're socks/ spammers).

  4. #20124
    Aus der Dunkelheit Omega133's Avatar
    Posts
    6,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Dywyddyr View Post
    It wouldn't have been much good as a hint to me anyway.
    Tristan is the mod for this sub-forum, and mods only have "authority" in their own sub-forum.
    Heck, I can't even warn people outside of Human Science (unless they're socks/ spammers).
    Ok. I did not know that.

  5. #20125
    I shot a PM to Tristan, but we have to see what people think before really starting this.

  6. #20126
    Aus der Dunkelheit Omega133's Avatar
    Posts
    6,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardonic Crisis View Post
    I shot a PM to Tristan, but we have to see what people think before really starting this.
    Ok. Well hopefully the respond soon.

  7. #20127
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    929
    one word: Mandalorians!

  8. #20128
    Aus der Dunkelheit Omega133's Avatar
    Posts
    6,281
    Quote Originally Posted by George1 View Post
    one word: Mandalorians!
    Where did that come from?

  9. #20129
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    929
    just trying to change the subject. Mandalorians are cool.

  10. #20130
    Aus der Dunkelheit Omega133's Avatar
    Posts
    6,281
    Quote Originally Posted by George1 View Post
    just trying to change the subject. Mandalorians are cool.
    Althoug mandalorians are pretty cool; I think that the establishing of rules/criteria is more important.

  11. #20131
    Registered Senior Member
    Posts
    929
    like what rules?

  12. #20132
    Aus der Dunkelheit Omega133's Avatar
    Posts
    6,281
    Quote Originally Posted by George1 View Post
    like what rules?
    Well that's what we're trying to determine.

  13. #20133
    how about we discuss UFP/Romulan politics?? Like what would need to be done (hypothetically obviously) to allow only Defiant class ships to carry he phase cloak??
    are there sites that state UFP policies, etc etc? I have other questions, but lets start with these two first.

  14. #20134
    Valued Senior Member Hellblade8's Avatar
    Posts
    1,099
    I'd be game.

    But there would alson need to be a source that outlines the guidlines of the debate scene. Popular sources shold also be listed.

    Even SDN.

  15. #20135
    Aus der Dunkelheit Omega133's Avatar
    Posts
    6,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse2001 View Post
    how about we discuss UFP/Romulan politics?? Like what would need to be done (hypothetically obviously) to allow only Defiant class ships to carry he phase cloak??
    are there sites that state UFP policies, etc etc? I have other questions, but lets start with these two first.
    Indeed. But sir do you jest? The Federation/Cardassian conflict is alot more troubling. And the inclusion of the Marquis only makes things worse. Even a drunk would know that all these elements are the formula for war.

    On a serious note: Where do you stand on organizing some Star Wars vs Star Trek rules and regulations?

  16. #20136
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega133 View Post
    Indeed. But sir do you jest? The Federation/Cardassian conflict is alot more troubling. And the inclusion of the Marquis only makes things worse. Even a drunk would know that all these elements are the formula for war.
    Not serious?! are you kidding me!

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega133 View Post
    On a serious note: Where do you stand on organizing some Star Wars vs Star Trek rules and regulations?
    well, no stupid rants: One strike and you are out for 2 days, and only things pertaining to ST and legitimate sci-fi (no parodies like Spaceballs) for starters....

  17. #20137
    Valued Senior Member Hellblade8's Avatar
    Posts
    1,099
    Not just ST vs SW, but debates in general for fictional settings. For example, do we take technobabble over science all the time or some of the time? Do you take the movies/episodes/descriptions as literal events or do you take them as they were intended, using evidence and reasoning to support your claim? Do we consider outdated CGI events as unusable or work with it?

    These are very important things to consider and must be done so carefully, as each 'guideline' will give us both freedoms and limitations.

  18. #20138
    Aus der Dunkelheit Omega133's Avatar
    Posts
    6,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellblade8 View Post
    Not just ST vs SW, but debates in general for fictional settings. For example, do we take technobabble over science all the time or some of the time? Do you take the movies/episodes/descriptions as literal events or do you take them as they were intended, using evidence and reasoning to support your claim? Do we consider outdated CGI events as unusable or work with it?

    These are very important things to consider and must be done so carefully, as each 'guideline' will give us both freedoms and limitations.
    The Constitution of Sci Debating.

  19. #20139
    Valued Senior Member Hellblade8's Avatar
    Posts
    1,099
    Perhaps. It wouldn't hurt to lay down some guidlines for people to follow.

  20. #20140
    Aus der Dunkelheit Omega133's Avatar
    Posts
    6,281
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellblade8 View Post
    Perhaps. It wouldn't hurt to lay down some guidlines for people to follow.
    That's the idea Sardonic Crisis was getting at. But how should we go about writing it? A social group? A thread? Right here on this thread?

Similar Threads

  1. By Fettman in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 10-18-11, 02:02 PM
    Replies: 33
  2. By USS Athens in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-16-10, 04:47 PM
    Replies: 291
  3. By superstring01 in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 03-11-10, 01:57 PM
    Replies: 60
  4. By Orleander in forum SciFi & Fantasy
    Last Post: 07-11-09, 08:33 PM
    Replies: 27
  5. By Asguard in forum Computer Science & Culture
    Last Post: 09-13-08, 02:15 AM
    Replies: 0

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •