On Hizzoner and the Golden Vagina

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tiassa, Nov 17, 2007.

1. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

With all this horesh@t, there must be a pony in there somewhere.

Okay, believe it or not, this has to do with Giuliani.

To start: Judith Regan, the woman who tried to bring us O.J. Simpson's If I Did It, is suing her HarperCollins (among others) for wrongful termination. I think. Um ... oh, defamation and breach of contract, and maybe sexual harassment. Apparently, she was fired in the wake of alleged anti-semitic comments made during a telephone call.

Question: How the hell does Rudy Giuliani fit into all of this?

The answer comes from Fortune's Roger Parloff. My apologies to Mr. Parloff if I have his employer wrong; it's hard to tell from that page.

Did you follow all that? Neither did I. Two things worth noting, though. First, the phrase "golden vagina" actually comes up in this dispute. Secondly, and more importantly, as Parloff puts it:

Here's the scary thing. This is the 2008 presidential cycle. While it seems clear that Regan or her attorneys have gone utterly bonkers, that's no guarantee that we won't hear more about this if Hizzoner gets the nomination. To the other, if there's an element of truth to be found, the details could be jaw-dropping.

My point? None, really. It's just that if this actually does come up later in the cycle, I don't want to be left scrambling around for a link.

In the meantime, there is a certain morbid entertainment value.

• • •​

A Note for Countezero

In one of our prior disputes, we discussed (argued) about Rupert Murdoch's potential for interfering in HarperCollins' publishing decisions. The larger context of the Regan story includes just that allegation, that Murdoch was directly involved in the Simpson debacle. I felt it important, despite Regan's dubious claim to credibility, to acknowledge that point.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. countezero Registered Senior Member

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Tiassa Let us not launch the boat ... Valued Senior Member

Sorry, dude. I completely missed it. I was trying to ignore this one as long as possible. On the one hand, I don't know why I clicked the link when I did. To the other, though, it's one of those things where part of me is glad I did. The glimpse of insanity was well worth the headache of trying to figure out what the hell was going on.

And no, I still haven't figured it out.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. countezero Registered Senior Member

I think it's an interesting story, especially in the light I mentioned: Murdoch, who I know you loathe, seems to be cozying up to the two front-runners, which is both brilliant and Machiavellian, if you ask me. His only problem is that he has been caught, and he may have committed a crime.

8. countezero Registered Senior Member

9. countezero Registered Senior Member