Proof of Consciousness

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by Cortex_Colossus, Nov 9, 2007.

1. Cortex_Colossus Banned Banned

Every object we observe is reaching us as information, c, or at lightspeed. To think is not to know. To think is to assume. The mind is one consciousness, never individualized or divided. We are a single mind/spirit. We are God consciousness, and that consciousness is indivisible.

Limitless being is therefore what permits our ability to create meaning to that God consciousness and to embrace that Holy Spirit fully and completely.

There is no proof that anything exists outside of us. Therefore, it cannot exist because we percieve things according to "Yes/No" binary thingies. Reality is therefore 1 (when pervieved BY and only by us) or 0 (when self is percieved AS reality no other, because the I AM THAT = 0, the only non-bias truth). A concept cannot exist because if it did, it would be an object, which is not real. Only the mind contains the reality not the reality contains the mind. MIND - REALITY = 0! No difference can be real, and therefore Mind would be contained as UNREAL by reality because "NO" (containee) - "YES" (container) = 0 = MIND (container) Reality (containee) = 0. So as mind consitently contains reality, reality says "Yes" and that is how we maintain the illusion of a mutual respect between reality and self. But self does not exist because it would be a concept only and would therefore become DUAL. The concept would cause the false belief that reality contained the mind when it is the opposite. If reality contained the mind it would result in the background God (information/assumption/perception of the external world) negating awareness God (cognition/ Mind) and therefore resulting in the concept of the assumption instead of what is real, the immediacy of the mind. The mind is what is actual and prior to the supposed external concept of reality. Therefore, in order for the mind to become equal to the reality, it must be recognized as containing only a supposition/assumption of reality, otherwise mind would be the supposition/assumption or concept, which is subject to "Yes/No" contradictions, assumptions, etc.

http://www.sankaracharya.org/i_am_that.php

Appearance/assumption/concept/belief/thought/objectification/object are not reality, they are apparition, which can be manipulated by what is real and therefore appear as unreal. This is why we say mind is the container of reality, otherwise it would not be equal to reality and thus be virtually "real". Notice I said "virtually", as virtual reality is the "reality" (able to fit connectively and self-confirgure and respond with "Yes" (immanent mind) or "No" (easily incorrectly percieved reality, which is strictly (assumption/perception, unlike mind which is the absolute and only thing that can be real, God consciousness is connected consciousness that is needed for perception to operate))

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Gustav Banned Banned

hi, welcome
    my name is gustav
    currently 40 times removed from the words you read right now
    who are you?

/cackle

a minefield, baby. a semantical nightmare! think not?

take "thought" out of there or i'll have you removed as a bot
    you have been warned

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. (Q) Encephaloid Martini Valued Senior Member

That's rather spooky.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Cortex,

Nice post. Great example of wonderful gibberish splattered with logical fallacies.

But knowledge comes through thinking.

And assumptions might be right or wrong. It is through the practice of rational thought that we can acquire knowledge.

Each mind/consciousness is unique to each individual having developed from conception.

Each person has their own unique and separate mind. “Spirit” is undefined and meaningless in this context.

God is undefined and meaningless in this context.

Once again we observe that each individual has their own unique identity (consciousness). Identity of any object is a necessary axiom. Every object has unique characteristics that define its identity. The universe is comprised of separateness and hence is necessarily divisible. If this were not so then you would not be able to say “I am” and have that make sense.

Undefined and unsupported assertions.

If nothing existed outside of you then you could not exist since you cannot exist without a supporting environment and you could not have been conceived without an outside environment. If you can say “I am” then you exist and if you exist then there is a necessary outside that supports you.

False. We can also perceive that we often do not know; the third option.

Large set of gibberish deleted since no rational comment seemed possible.

When you say “I am” then you have recognized self and your unique identity and hence admitted you are a separate object and as such must exist in reality.

Unable to respond meaningfully to that gibberish as well.

OK.

No that does not follow and is a logical fallacy. You cannot be defined by a negative. You cannot be defined by what you are not. All that you can conclude from examining others things is that you are not those things. To discover what you are you must examine yourself.

Wonderful nonsense.

”There is only one reality, which is the one we perceive. Reality, he said, exists as an objective absolute and it is the task of our consciousness to perceive reality” – Aristotle.

This feels very much like a variation on the nonsense espoused by Plato.

“Reality, he said, exists as an objective absolute and it is the task of our consciousness to perceive reality, not to create it. Abstractions are man’s means of integrating what is perceived. We perceive what is. A is A, he said — a thing is itself independent of what we may want it to be.” – Aristotle.

IOWs your mind/consciousness does not create reality which is what is being implied, but mind/consciousness can only be used to perceive and to know reality.

God is undefined and meaningless in this context.

8. Cortex_Colossus Banned Banned

9. VitalOne Banned Banned

I am not sure this is actual proof of consciousness, but I agree with your notion that the world has no independant existence of rhe mind...ofcourse there are innumerable realities/universes that exists, we each exist in our own personal universe/reality/space-time

10. Cortex_Colossus Banned Banned

http://home.btclick.com/scimah/anthropism.htm

11. lightgigantic Banned Banned

given that only consciousness is capable of proving things in the first place (ever tried to convince an assembly of microphone stands on some essential truth?) its not clear where the difficulty lies.

12. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

Cortex,

So the issue becomes one of defining the question before it can be answered with yes or no. E.g. is seeing a recorded image of someone actually seeing them? One could argue for yes or no. I'd consider the question sufficiently ambiguous that I would not be able answer with yes or no until the conditions were clarified.

As with the case with many things in life there is often no need to reach a decision or make a choice. The idea that one must either believe that a god exists or believe that a god does not exist denies the option that there is no way to tell and hence conclude the question cannot be rationally answered with a yes or no.

Perhaps the real issue is understanding the question is the paramount concern.

I believe the Kung Fu TV series began - I seek not to know the answers but to understand the questions.

13. Cortex_Colossus Banned Banned

http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&q=wheeler participatory universe&btnG=Google Search&meta=

http://www.inlightimes.com/archives/2007/01/greg-braden.htm

14. Gustav Banned Banned

i wish wes was here. he'll show you all you jokers how to think
    you too, chris

15. Gustav Banned Banned

the proof of my conciousness are in these words. the proof of yours, in your words. a shared reality is proved by this discussion.

your own personal reality/universe however is best shared b/w you and your shrink. that is unless you wanna keep it all bottled up and whatnot

16. VitalOne Banned Banned

Well it proves consciousness, but not any true consciousness or awareness existing independently of the brain

The materialist will say it's just chemical reactions, that matter = consciousness

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  17. Cortex_Colossus Banned Banned

I will be sure to respond to this further this weekend.
    Reality can be but one as we know, otherwise it would be perceived as disjoint. But the disjointedness is an illusion because of syndiffeonesis (diference in sameness).

Some definitions;

http://users.erols.com/igoddard/langan.htm

http://www.ctmu.org/ (see CTMU Primer)

The bold highlight explains why we are able to perceive each other as "individual" identities (difference), when in fact we are a holistic identity (sameness/oneness/monic/holistic).

18. Yorda Registered Senior Member

everyone has a unique personality because everyone has unique thoughts. but consciousness is not a thought, it's the same feeling that everyone has... the feeling that I AM.

everyone is the same I AM (god, existence). that's why i can never cease to be, because I AM everything.

it doesn't matter if i lose my memory and my thoughts (when my body dies). my thoughts are not me because they're my thoughts, my creations... they are not me, the creator.

were you not you when you were 1 years old? your personality, thoughts and memories change all the time, so you're a new person every day, but you are always you...

if you are not you in your next life (when you've lost all your current memory and thoughts), then you are not you in this life because you don't remember your past life.

19. Gustav Banned Banned

it has been proved. what it is, where it is, its nature, is unknown. anyone who claims otherwise better come up with a damn good explanation. current status of consciousness? its there. independent of what it apprehends. thats what i know. thats all i know. and that, bugs the shit out of me.

imagine not knowing who and what you are? how the fuck did this happen. its goddamn cruel joke! if i find the shit that is responsible for this state of affairs, why i am gonna get real metaphysical on his ass.

as for the materialists, do not argue with them. just treat them with contempt and disdain. or perhaps if you are a gentle sort, indulge as were a child.

i personally like to slip into my steel caps and stomp them into the sidewalk
    lottsa fun to be had

20. Gustav Banned Banned

you cannot nail it down. i am currently a million times removed from the consciousness that produces the words you are reading. regression however, is a matter of choice. you can remain within the initial dynamic of the experience/ experiencer or regress infinitely. dont (latter). it is a futile and boring exercise

the "AM" is not necessary. i used to stop at "I", but realized that it was produced by something that experiences the notion of "I" thru a process that takes place within our physical selves (brain).

something still doesnt sound quite right there. needs more refining. maybe even junk

crap

the hebrews have a real cool way expressing that. "who are you now?"
    just a soundbite really, semantical bullshit. a distinction of unimport. related to the fields of medicine not metaphysics

crap

Last edited: Nov 10, 2007
  21. Yorda Registered Senior Member

i'm not sure what you're talking about, but when you become more conscious, you can move your consciousness to other bodies. you can see the world through their eyes.

22. Gustav Banned Banned

consciousness exhibits by default, a duality. a distinction b/w the experiencer and the experience itself. until it has been conclusively proven to be wrong, and a viable alternative offered up to replace it. i will accept at face value

law of parsimony and whatnot

23. Gustav Banned Banned

i outta slap you around with a live fish