What if one family owned over half the world's wealth and the associated press?

Discussion in 'World Events' started by desi, Nov 5, 2007.

1. desi Valued Senior Member

Rothschild.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

And what is your point?

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. desi Valued Senior Member

I was hoping the bright minds here might have something pertinent to say about it.

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Are you trying to suggest that this one family controls the wealth of Russia, China, Japan, India, South Korea, bla bla bla....

Pull your head out. Yes they have a lot of money but they do not have any control over the Japanese or the Chinese etc...

8. mountainhare Banned Banned

'Snowball' from 'Pinky and the Brain' once owned over half the world's wealth. The horror!

9. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

That's the Republican American dream.

10. mountainhare Banned Banned

What's wrong with that?

11. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

What's your question about them? I ask because it seems if you just post a

name without a question then you have already stated what you thought

and only want us to know.

12. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

The Rothschild's family does NOT own no were near even 0.1% of the world wealth.

13. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Where did you pull this "50%" of the World's wealth from????

14. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Nonsense. That anti-Jewish myth is as old as the hills and as inaccurate as it is old. Have you been visiting some 'hate the Jews' sites recently? It sure sounds like it.

15. desi Valued Senior Member

The question was, what if? It wasn't an open invitation to flame me. What if?

16. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

sorry when you say something that f'ng stupid you aren't going to get flamed. your going to get torched

17. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Then, I would hope that the Citizens living within the Democratic nations where such wealth would obviously be located would in turn vote to return 99% of that wealth back into the hands of the Citizens. This could be in the form of tax and other laws.
    I would hope that Citizens living in Democratic countries would never allow themselves to be under the yoke of a single monarchical ruling family. Simply go down to the voting booth and remove much of their wealth.

Done.

Ask the Rockefeller family about it. Rockefeller nearly monopolized oil, gas, railways and processing plants and this was completely legal BUT the Citizens didn't like it so they did something about it. People retain their wealth at the pleasure of the Citizenry not at our expense.

Secondly, a family like that would NEVER have any significant amount of wealth in non-Democratic nations like China or even within semi-Democratic nations like Russia so it's never even going to happen.

Thirdly, no single family even comes close to owning 1/2 of 1/2 of 1/2 of 1/2% of the world's wealth.

Michael

18. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

China actually has a few billionaires now.

19. Michael 歌舞伎 Valued Senior Member

Yes but they are Chinese billionaires. We have a lot of billionaires. Bill Gates for example. The richest man in the World is Mexican. That's to be expected.

But they certainly don't own 1/2 of the Worlds wealth!

20. Challenger78 Valued Senior Member

Does Murdoch comprise the other half ?

21. desi Valued Senior Member

Don't they control the central banks which basically hold the notes on the world's wealth?

22. Read-Only Valued Senior Member

Wrong again. I'm telling you - best to stay away from those websites you've been reading!

23. desi Valued Senior Member

They seem to explain what is going on better than anything else does. You tell me how banks can make money out of nothing at all and charge interest on it.

There are also many of those sites which say the same thing. Not all is as it appears...

Tonight on nightline they did a piece about Christiopher Reeves. It was a tender portrayal if there ever was one. Very little to no mention of the war, illegal immigration, the plummetting dollar, or plans to attack Iran soon. Now why do you suppose people check out 'those websites'?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2007