Alcohol poisoning

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by Orleander, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

My son just told me he got invited to a party where there will be drinking. No biggie, he's level headed. I told him to stick to beer or wine coolers because too much hard liquor could kill him.
    Now I'm second guessing that. Could anyone ever drink so much beer/coolers that they would get alcohol poisoning? Is it possible?

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. superstring01 Moderator

I took my boyfriend to a party last night and he got alcohol poisoning. He's a decade younger than me, so I know that he has a fraction of my drinking experience, but I told him specifically NOT to drink Jack and to stick to beer. He vomited six times in my car (I don't know what it's going to do to my leather seats, but it smells like ass in there). I had to carry him from my car to the house... carry, not "assist with walking", but outright carry and/or drag his corpse to my home. The guy fell so many times, I'm surprised he's not in a hospital. The fucker made an ass out of himself in front of six of my co-workers. Somehow, he ended up with serious bruises all over his body, an ugly laceration on his rip cage, a nasty black eye, and a huge knot on his head.

As I type, he's lying on the floor of my living room totally sick. I finally got him to drink some h.o.c. (hang over cure), which is finally staying down.

~String

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

so, did he stick to beer or did he drink the Jack?

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Reiku Banned Banned

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Oh, well... that'll teach your boyfriend to stick to the weed.

8. superstring01 Moderator

No, the fucker drank so much jack that even I would have been ralfing.

~String

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

so can you get alcohol poisoning from beer/coolers? How about wine?

10. Reiku Banned Banned

Hahahaha - that's funny SS - sweet

11. alexb123 The Amish web page is fast! Valued Senior Member

People die of alcohol poisoning everyday it's a common form of death in teenagers.

12. superstring01 Moderator

A person can get alcohol poisoning from any alcoholic beverage. The likelihood of getting it diminishes as the proof goes down. So, in beer and wine coolers, it's far more difficult (I'd almost say impossible-- you'd have to REALLY be a lightweight and REALLY drink a shit load of beer... so much so, that you'd be pissing every five minutes). That said, I won't deny the possibility of it.

~String

13. Chatha big brown was screwed up Registered Senior Member

Alchohol doesn't work until it gets into the blood, which is when people start feeling the effect. Some people have "good" blood, which doesn't easily allow the intake of foreign matter, thus I would think sickle celled individuals or people who generally fall sick easily would get drunk faster. However the biggest contributor to how well you can hold your liquor is experience. FYI drinking through your ass hole makes you drunk exponentialy faster, apparently the rectal area doesn't have defense mechanisms like the oral.

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Awesome story, string.

I went on a stag trip one time with a bunch of guys from the lab - the senior lab tech was getting married. One bar and one stripper bar later he was blasted. I got dropped off a block away from my place; they dumped him on the lawn in front of his building. Apparently he tried to climb up the wall; later he fell unconscious and vomited profusely on himself and everything else, then curled up in the sick. And that was where his bride-to-be found him at five AM.

Ah, those were the days.

15. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

...uhh...I mean:

Alcohol poisoning is bad. Don't do it.

This has been a public service message from Geoff.

16. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

I bow to your greater experience in this area.

17. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

more common in guys than gals?

18. Reiku Banned Banned

Yes. More common in men.

19. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

is it an ego thing? Or women barf more?

20. Reiku Banned Banned

No. Woman have higher immune systems. They can fight off poisens much easier.

21. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

riiiiiiiight

22. Reiku Banned Banned

This is why women have higher life expectancy on many levels.

23. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

really? I thought it was because we aren't as stupid.
    wait, I mean, women are dumb with their hearts and pick the wrong guy over and over. Men are dumb with their bodies and don't go to doctors or do macho risky things.