My take on Psychophysics

Discussion in 'Physics & Math' started by Reiku, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Reiku Banned Banned

My model has allowed me to create a theory of consciousness as both a physical and non-physical compilation. Even if you do not believe in a physical field for consciousness, at least their is still the physical explanation to the particles we seem to be generated from. My model states that these particles are a 'second existence.' The second era of consciousness began as a 'trapping' of independence. This 'trapping' is made in the physical bodies we exhibit today, created through persona and ego.

The incorporeal psyche of consciousness is found in this first era. This is when independent thought did not occur, but did make up one single independent mind; this source i have come to call God. This single mind may have been able to think independently, and could have chosen today's reality. The idea of a non-material field, responsible for conscious experience is not unheard of. Sheldrake’s theory of the 'Morphic Field' applies to biological systems; however, this theory though is for a species alone. Not as independent individuals.

My idea, is that independence must be caused by a material field of force; i theorize this, because matter can warp time and space. If matter warps the imaginary dimension of space (time), then it might equally warp into the single source of consciousness, allowing consciousness to seep out of matter. This force i have underlined as Gravitoelectromagnetism. Even though Gravity was hardly my theory, and also taking into account that electromagnetism has been known for a while to have something to do with the phenomenon of consciousness, it was totally my idea that a material force was responsible for the cracking of the conscious field. One might say, that i am creating a bridge between Ludvik Bass' theory of only one mind ever present, with quantum mechanics.

Matter warping into mind, and mind warping into matter. This is the way i see it. It is like an inextricable linked loop through the observed and the observer. For this process to work though, there needs to be a physical field, and a non-physical field interacting with each other. And not only this, these fields don't necessarily need to be in the same part of the universe; they could be interacting between these realms of things, from the subspacetime plain, hidden from us. Though, the theory could be left open to other ideas, such as being existent in a hidden universe, curled up in the hypothetical sixth dimension.

To make my model a consistent model, i also brought in the paradoxes of conscious experience; such as the binding problem. I associated this to being apart of a rule called 'Expectation.' It is quite an obvious rule, and shows that the mind has a natural intuition, and binds reality together into how it expects to perceive reality - in a smooth continuous flowing, not as a rough clash of discontinuous flashes. It's actually quite simple to how one might suspect the mind to do this. One reason, is because we are able to mentally bind thoughts together. The binding anomaly actually covers everything we can string together. Not only this, but if mind strings reality together, then reality is based upon conscious experience, and if this is true, then reality is consciousness. Throw out consciousness, and reality does not exist!

This must mean that our universe is interdependent with conscious phenomena. The idea that reality is built up on conscious experience, is an idea that goes back thousands of years. One culture that made use of this where the Red Indians, who believed that spirits where trapped inside of every inanimate and animate objects. I believe in something similar to this postulate. I believe that conscious energy comes in two forms: The active form, which is classed as simply 'Conscious Energy,' and the inactive form, 'Potential Conscious Energy.'

The best way to imagine potential conscious energy existing in everything, is a bit like imagining an electron. When we speak about an electron, we usually refer to the electrons cloud; which is made up of the wave function of probabilities, such as path and location. Now, when the electron enters a metal confinement, it's wave spread's out all over the whole object. The potential conscious field is like that. Conscious energy is obviously the opposite, and it makes every living mobile mass, including ourselves. The physical field can also be seen as a medium - a medium between the technicalities of optical phenomena with the potential field and mind.

I have also talked about the properties of the physical field with quite some detail, and highlighting the importance’s of their effects when consciousness is concerned, such as the electron, responsible for their electronic signals that interpret the senses, and their conduit, electrolytes. I have even brought into the picture, the pseudo ''Psychon Theory of conscious physics'', the idea is novel. I have included however, the exclusion principle as being also a candidate responsible for conscious experience. The idea, is that Fermi-Dirac statistics govern as one of the main principles responsible for individuality. In fact, quantum physics really does hint to this. You just need to understand the nature of the first era, as i call it. There was no individualism, and this could be interpreted as being reflected in Bose-Einstein statistics, where nature tends to fall into a single state; as in the Ludvik interpretation, '''a single mind''.

I have also included Fred Alan Wolf's idea, that the uncertainty principle also plays a part. Whilst i am unsure whether he means this on the physical scale of things, it is how i adopted the theory. Somehow, the uncertainty at this level, creates the certainty found in the scale of conscious experience. The chaos arises order, so-to-say.

I have also involved the idea that consciousness depends heavily on time. This idea arises out of the proposition that mind is somehow the same thing as time itself. I have extended this theory, by saying that time is obsolete without ''mind-talk''; this is when consciousness interacts with both time and space; including the matter contained within it.

The time we experience, is dubbed by physicists as 'real time'. This time exists only ever in the present, and the illusory of the universe, is highlighted in relativity, and time can no longer be seen as linear. Thus, times future, and times past, really are times present!

The mind of consciousness, because it exists neither here nor there, is able to move past the conventional barriers of time. Because of this the mind can anticipate reality, in unknown ways to the objectively aware observer. Because of the subjective activity, the aware mind can bind reality together quite easily.

The chemical reaction between atoms also plays a fundamental role in behavior, as we know. It governs all spectra of perception, such as the hard definitions of awareness, and unconsciousness. It also determines hate, love, thought, feeling and all known subjective phenomena. It's weird actually. As i believe some wise physicist once said, 'There is no reality, without the perception of reality.''

I have also involved a theory on the nature of God, as i am sure you will have summarized. God is also a physical and non-physical corporeality. [His] is a physical medium, as i have interpreted Him as being made up of Physical Conscious Energy- electromagnetism essentially. This is because He must interact with thoughts and emotions on an intimate level, if the universe is observer-dependant. For this reason, i am i admit, quite disturbed of Einstien’s comment, that he believed in physicists/philosopher Spinoza's God. This interpretation say's that God would never concern Himself with mankind. Though, i believe that we are all pivotal to His existence. And just as there is a ''center of force'' in matter, there might be a source of conscious energy. One thing Spinoza had believed in, was that consciousness was in everything! Thus, if all of this is true, then mind does not necessarily arise from matter, but rather matter being the second environment for consciousness - the second era of it's existence. Then we now ask, does matter arise from mind?

The germination of life is quite spectacular. As we have seen, the universe began around 15 to 20 billion years ago. And this is supposed to be by chance. But no large scale statistical analysis can arise which is fitting for life. Now, 15 billion years later, we can see vast phenomena, that vibrates well beyond reason. We cannot say for sure whether the very beginning of time means the beginning of space, or whether the beginning of space is really a beginning of a new time. This puzzles theorists to this day.

The origin of time, will hold the key to the universe. As time passed into the real time of the mind, the universe began to have real meaning, because the observer describes reality around her in a series of continuous measurements of which information determines the past. In fact, we turn out to be the best machines able to define reality in a series of collapses, unto which consciousness itself arises from. In fact, as we even sit here, is alone proof of a single collapse in the wave function; this ''pops'' the question whenever the mind is aware of it's surroundings.

Another thing i wanted to explore throughout my time round here, was the stuff the universe was made up of; just to make the reading a little more interesting. And this covered quarks, neutron halos, axion properties, pentaquark phenomena, gluons, positron-electron annihilation (just to motion a few) - it was really a quick history of some of the stranger properties of these fundamental bit's we are made from. It's pretty strange actually - the heart of matter (the nucleus) is made up of colorless objects we call quarks, and they in turn create the colorful world around us. It gets even stranger. Reality is made up of quantum numbers, and it could be potentially a sequence of zero-one binary off and on digits, as the enigmatic theory goes.

I also showed that these incomprehensible bits of matter, actually made up an even more improbable picture. I set out to achieve this, by highlighting some hard facts: The vast numbers entailed in the cosmos. Some of these calculations included the little facts to do with the number of particles in the universe (N=10^80), and how many stars are in our galaxy (200,000,000,000,000). This was my way to show the reader the complexities of creation, without resorting to the anthropic principle. In fact, as i presented, we shouldn't actually be here at all. If chance never governed our existences, which more and more scientists are starting to believe it had, then something more specific fuelled the creation of all life on earth. The prospect is called the Anthropic Cosmological Principle.

Indeed, all life is a bit of a mystery; and it is this mystery that concerns me. One must consider a few excerpts to make at least an iota of sense, such as the idea that all of existence is predetermined. You can ascribe this force as somehow God, but in the Bohmian interpretation, it is more specific, describing the wave function as being somehow determining all of existence up to this present day.

Another strange interpretation i have included, is the notion that the universe is nothing but an unconscious reality before the first thinking machine. It was when life appeared, more notably ourselves, we can begin to see that we are still nevertheless the universe itself - (based on the notion that we are made up of the stuff of the universe) - and that we are nothing but a universe observing herself. This must mean that George down the street, and the postman who brings my mail, are products of an intelligent universe, that had only just became conscious, 100,000 years ago. Of course, this depends soley on the selfish fact we are the only life in the universe capable of such intelligence. Though, as more and more scientists are becoming aware of, this might be just a failure to understand that life might be quite frequent thousands of lightyears away. As we are informed, life anywhere else in the universe, will be under similar conditions as ourselves; but commander Spock's comment comes to mind, 'It's life Jim... But not as we know it,' comes to mind.

And now, to end, we shall quickly go over what i call the Superdimension Theory - the main theme to everything i have done thus far. The superdimension describes ''those hanging dimensions of spacetime'' which is nothing but the subjective subspace of all reality. Consciousness turns out to be the aware state of this subreality of emotions and thoughts; And if I am correct, is influenced by the zero-point energy field. The introduction of the ghostly reality of mind, actually brings with it a cascade of new interpretations to the works of consciousness in this four-dimensional phenomenon, we call the spacetime arena. The mind can activate the world around it, creating it, as it inexorably unfolds around us, in its surprisingly difficult way. It also turns out, that every mind on earth is intimately related, and our abilities to perform some strange things, such as psychic abilities and out-of-body-experiences seems to be possible.

For me, the human mind of consciousness is the next major endeavor for the scientist to bring into the theory of relativity and quantum mechanics; and if scientists are correct, then a unified theory of everything might be accomplishable, and if it indeed is, then we might even ask if consciousness must fall into the unified theory, to make it whole. If we don't, and continue treating the human psyche as somehow separate to this grand universe, we might find that the successfulness of quantum theory has been in vain

The big bang exploded 15 billion years ago, and it is still in its expansion phase. We are part of that big bang, and no matter how much we think that we are somehow separate of reality, we are in fact very much a part of it - we are rendered helpless to disconnect ourselves from the material world. Even Einstein once said in 1954;

'A human being is part of the whole called by us
    universe, a part limited in time and space. We
    experience ourselves, our thoughts and feelings
    as something separate from the rest. A kind of
    optical delusion of consciousness. This delusion is
    a type of prison for us, restricting us to our personal
    desires and affection for a few persons nearest to us.
    Our task must be to free ourselves from the prison by
    widening our circle of compassion to embrace all
    living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty'

Our good friend Einstein was right - we are bound to the mind-illusion of reality - the world of 'in here', is inexorably the world of 'out there’ and no difference can be found, except in our own ignorance’s. A little thought indicates this might be the flaw of mankind; we plod along through life with very little consideration for the world around us, and just like Einstein said, we must unbound ourselves from the chains of deception and widen our circle of affection. Instead, we hold ourselves dear to our families and few friends, and the rest seems superfluous.... in breaking free, we will not only begin to understand the world around us, but we will also begin to learn about ourselves for the very first time.
    We manifest external reality through our interpretations made in the internal world, and unravel and encapsulate its mysterious pages as it unfolds around us, like some intricate dubious murder mystery - without us, in effect, the universe would be devoid of any such meaning, thus if all experience, all emotion and every thought can be pin-pointed to the internal world of awareness and perception, then consciousness is next to being trapped in a lucid dream, in which none of us can awake from and which the laws of the universe cannot escape... the lie that is the most terrifying in physics, is the truth about the world of consciousness.

'What we are observing is not nature herself, but nature exposed
    to our type of question. Space exists only in relation to our
    particularizing consciousness. The portions of the external
    universe of which we have additional knowledge by direct
    awareness amount to a very small fraction of the whole; of
    the rest we know only the structure and not what it is a structure
    of. Science is concerned with the rational correlation of
    experience rather than the discovery of fragments of absolute
    truth about an external world.'
    Astrophysicist, sir Arthur Eddington

'There is no world at large - only a description of the world which
    we have learned to visualize and take for granted. We live in a
    bubble, the bubble of our perception and what we witness on its
    round walls is our own reflection.'
    Don Juan - from Carlos Castaneda

Reiku :m:

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!