Birth control for Middle Schoolers

Discussion in 'Science & Society' started by Orleander, Oct 20, 2007.

1. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

A middle school in Main is now offering a wide range of birth control for middle schoolers. This includes the pill.

At King Middle School, birth control prescriptions will be given after a student undergoes a physical exam by a physician or nurse practitioner, said Lisa Belanger, who oversees Portland's student health centers.

Students treated at the centers must first get written parental permission, but under state law such treatment is confidential, and students decide for themselves whether to tell their parents about the services they receive.

I think parents should be notified, but I keep forgetting that some parents live in the Dark Ages in a constant state of denial. Parents think they want to know, but most would be horrified. They don't want to know and I don't think they would react well. A friend of my son's was having sex and his parents grounded him for a looong time. I got my son condoms.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

those are the ones who end up with teenage pregnancies

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Sam, I was just admiring your avatars and how they change. You have the cutest pussy(s)!

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Aim to please, my dear.

8. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Of course parents should be notified. I find it absurd that most schools won't even give a child an aspirin without parental consent, yet they'll dispense birth control pills to 11 year olds!

Here's a warning regarding birth control pills:
    Now, who can not foresee a situation in which some 11 year old girl is having side effects from the pill and doesn't tell the doc at the ER or her parents she is on the pill? Furthermore, since when is an 11 year old mature enough to make such decisions?

If you must give a prepubescent child birth control, give them a condom. No side effects.

9. Orleander OH JOY!!!! Valued Senior Member

The kids see a Dr or nurse practitioner first. I would have to wonder why something wouldn't be done about an 11 yr old wanting birth control, either sex. But I know there are parents out there who would beat the crap outta their kids if they thought they were having sex. I don't know how you would balance it.
    I remember when a girl I knew got pregnant in 7th grade. She was yanked from her home and her step-dad went to prison.

10. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Why don't they just open up an adult-supervised whorehouse for the little bastards, too?

Baron Max

11. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Just so long as none of those adults are their parents. That would violate the 11 year olds right to privacy!

12. Bells Staff Member

I agree.

If you are going to give a child medications, such as birth control pills, the parents have to give consent. If the school wishes to dispense with birth control measures, it should be condoms. Not only will it prevent unwanted pregnancies, it will also ensure protection from STD's. Something the pill does not do.

I would be curious to know what effects birth control pills could have on an 11 year old girl, who may have just started or has yet to start menstruating. And as you correctly pointed out, some do suffer from adverse reactions from birth control pills, and some are quite severe.

13. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Oh, yeah, sure ...never the parents! And certainly not the teachers, because they'd be arrested for ....looking at the little bastards!

I was thinking of adult supervsion in the form of the local registered pedophiles. It would give the pedos a good paying job, keep them off the streets, and they could teach the little bastards the proper ways to fuck and suck each other. It's would be a win-win situation, huh?

Baron Max

14. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Good plan. Then, the girls could abort the bastard children they conceive. Of course, without notifying the parents!

15. invert_nexus Ze do caixao Valued Senior Member

Not that outrageous of an idea:
    http://www.bigeye.com/sexeducation/mangaia.html