What is the difeerence between Allopathy, Homeopathy and Aurvedic medicenes?

Discussion in 'General Science & Technology' started by plakhapate, Oct 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. plakhapate Banned Banned

What is the difeerence between Allopathy, Homeopathy and Aurvedic medicenes?

Is it not necessary that doctor must know all the three branches?

How can he cure the patient with half knowledge?

why AIIMS does not take necessary action?

Pls comment.

P.J.LAKHAPATE
    plakhapate@rediffmail.com

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Zephyr Humans are ONE Registered Senior Member

Homoeopathy is considered pseudo-science. I don't know what Aurvedic medicine is.

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Herbal medicine

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

"What is the difeerence between Allopathy, Homeopathy and Aurvedic medicenes?"

One works, the others don't?

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

9. superluminal I am MalcomR Valued Senior Member

Yeah, well. It was a shot...

10. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

On December 1993, the University of Mississippi Medical Center had a patent issued to them by U.S patents and trademarks office on the use of turmeric (U.S. patent No. 5,401,504) for healing. The patent was contested by India's industrial research organization, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (C.S.I.R), on the grounds that traditional Ayurvedic practitioners were already aware of the healing properties of the substance and have been for centuries, making this patent a case of bio-piracy.[14]

After a complex legal battle, the U.S. Patents and Trademarks Office ruled on August 14, 1997 that the patent was invalid because it was not a novel invention, giving the intellectual property rights to the principle back to the traditional practitioners of Ayurveda. R. A. Mashelkar, director-general of the CSIR, was satisfied with the result, saying:

"This success will enhance the confidence of the people and help remove fears about India's helplessness on preventing bio-piracy and appropriation of inventions based on traditional knowledge[14]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayurveda

11. Dr. Nancy Malik Homeopathic Physician Registered Senior Member

Allo means opposite. Allopathic medicines have effect opposite to the nature of disease.

Homeo means similar. Homeopathic medicines have effect similar to disease nature.

Ayurvreda is a medical system developed in India hundreds of centuries back and is still used by common people.

It is not necessary for a doctor to know all the three. Actually he is trained in one system of medicine, not all the three, though each system requires 5.5 years of intense education in India

12. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

And belief in a sizeable amount of crap.

13. Dr. Nancy Malik Homeopathic Physician Registered Senior Member

14. GeoffP Caput gerat lupinum Valued Senior Member

Hmm. I'd like to see the placebo effect compared to those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.