and Afro-American hispanic (american) mothers are blind!!!

Discussion in 'Free Thoughts' started by spuriousmonkey, Oct 19, 2007.

1. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

Afro-American and hispanic (american) mothers are blind!!!

A shocking study in a peer reviewed medical journals shows that the opinions of afro-american and hispanic mothers is disorted. They think that their children are thinner than that they really are. In other words, they are blind as a bat concerning their kids.

Discuss!
    Cultural influence?
    Excessive emotional damage to repression of the afro-american and hispanic population by capitalist exploiters leading to not seeing the spoon?
    difference in photoreceptor populations?
    Another explanation?

reference:
    Killion L, Hughes SO, Wendt JC, Pease D, Nicklas TA. Minority mothers' perceptions of children's body size. Int J Pediatr Obes. 2006;1(2):96-102.

2. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. nietzschefan Thread Killer Valued Senior Member

CORNBREAD, ain't nothing wrong with that!

4. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. superstring01 Moderator

Mmmmm. I love pernil. Puertorican mothers sure make good pork roast (speaking of pigs!).

~String

6. Guest Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. spuriousmonkey Banned Banned

of course not...
    i concur.

too much cornbread can be bad though. just like everything that you get too much.

Except sex!

8. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Its more traditional types of eating than seeing someone overweight I'd think. If you were to be brought up through many generations of family traditional cooking metholds then you'd only cook the way you have been taught. That goes to show you it isn't the way they see anything, its the way theu were always taught to be. It fried, battered, BBQ,GREASY stuff all the time and you'll be plump so that those around you look the same as you if they eat the same types of foods you do.