If we all came from Africa, is Eastern Philosophy related to any African philosophy?

Discussion in 'Eastern Philosophy' started by Why?, Oct 12, 2007.

1. Why? Registered Senior Member

If we all came out of Africa, it would make sense that we brought that African culture with us. Does Eastern Philosophy contain any of those African roots?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

And you think that culture wouldn't change in all those millions of years????

Don't you think at all before you post your idiotic questions????

Baron Max

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Why? Registered Senior Member

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

Do you ever read your links?

"As we contemplate global warming today, Wells says climate change played a major role in our history 50,000 years ago. "What we study as geneticist is biological ancestry, and we can get the who and the where and the when, but to get to the how and why of these migrations, we have to start to look at other pieces of evidence and climate is a really important part of it."

Where does it say that humans were here only 50,000 years ago?

8. S.A.M. uniquely dreadful Valued Senior Member

Most Eastern philosophy is less preoccupied with religious and secular distinctions. That is the only common thread you might find about them.

One more thing, in Eastern philosophy the individual is not separate or detached from the cohesive whole of the universe.

9. Why? Registered Senior Member

10. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

No because so-called Eastern Philosophy started in India.

11. Why? Registered Senior Member

But, the Africans arived in India, and then went to China. See my prior site.

12. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

But Indian culture is also very old. Their royal families spent alot of time sitting around thinking, I guess. If there is any connection, it must have been lost to history.

13. Why? Registered Senior Member

But, religious beliefs can last for thousands of years. They are not necessarily lost.

14. ashura the Old Right Registered Senior Member

But just like they can last for thousands of years, they can just as easily be lost. It shouldn't come as a surprise if you find no connection.

15. DeepThought Banned Banned

Why,

I am told that martial arts can be traced back to Africa.

16. Why? Registered Senior Member

Really? Says who? What did they say?

17. DeepThought Banned Banned

LOL.

Why,

I suspect you could easily look this up yourself but I remember 'Nuba Wrestling' being mentioned.

Here's a link:

http://forwardmotion.home.att.net/nuba.html

(PS: These claims do not have much evidence supporting them)

18. shichimenshyo Caught in the machine Registered Senior Member

Lawlz

19. peta9 Registered Senior Member

Why? this theory is incongruent and confusing. It doesn't explain why genetically caucasians are closer to africans. Did you know that? because they separated last from the middle east, specifically europeans.

There were also different "tribes" of africans that migrated out to different areas and that is partly why we all retain our individual looks from our different races even though we evolved into our individual ethnic groups. Did you know that?

That is also why asians have almond shaped eyes and caucasians round. If you look at africans, the different tribes have different looks.

20. Why? Registered Senior Member

What theory are you talking about? All I suggested was that Eastern philosophy may have African roots. What's wrong with that theory?

21. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

We all know that the roots of African culture grew big in Egypt, and they also flowered there. There are plenty of similarities between Egyptian and Eastern believes, like that of reencarnation to name only 1.
    But I donĀ“t really know if there is a common source, I suppose so.

22. Baron Max Registered Senior Member

Hmm, interesting. There's a helluva lot of poverty and starvation in Eastern cultures ...s'ppose there's a link between poverty, starvation, and Eastern philosophy? Like, say, "Oh, hell, we're all starving to death anyway, so let's all just sit around and meditate."

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Baron Max

23. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

There were alot of things you couldn't change. I suppose that would be an incentive to learn to accept the life you are dealt.