Far Right Party Dominates Swiss Election

Discussion in 'Politics' started by madanthonywayne, Oct 9, 2007.

1. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

An anti-immigrant far right party is running some Ads that have the Swiss in a tizzy.

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. draqon Banned Banned

lol....

the black sheep....hehehee

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

The title of this thread is misleading, is it not?

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. cosmictraveler Be kind to yourself always. Valued Senior Member

It is racist to me.

8. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Not really.

From the link above:
    So they are the most powerful party, they are dominating the political debate, and are expected to be the dominant party in the new Parliament. So how is the thread title misleading?

9. superstring01 Moderator

I'll start to worry when I see them booting out the pink sheeps.

~String

10. iceaura Valued Senior Member

Most people don't start to talk about "dominating" at the 25% level.

11. Roman Banned Banned

Depends where you are.
    Or what I'm sticking in you.

12. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

On that basis, then, the thread title is not as misleading as I thought.

Sounds like a worry.

13. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

Often it seems that political trends cross national boundaries. For instance, in the eighties we had Reagan and Thatcher swept into office to enact sweeping changes. The nineties brought Clinton and Blair, both moderate leftists.

We've just had conservatives win in Germany and France. Now the Swiss seem poised to do the same. What does it mean? Perhaps the Democrats aren't in for the walk they expect in 08. Certainly concern over immigration seems to be sweeping the globe.

14. James R Just this guy, you know? Staff Member

I think the US is probably coming to the end of its latest infatuation with the Right. A lot of people are fed up with neocons and religious fundamentalists running the country. Let's hope they are, anyway.

Australia, where I live, will have an election by the end of December, and I'm willing to bet that the Howard government will be voted out.

Blair has gone. His buddy Bush is a lame duck until early 2009. His buddy John Howard will likely go in late 2007.

The immigration fear card has already been played in Australia in a previous election, and Aussies are wise to that scare tactic now. Let's hope Americans get smart, too.

15. madanthonywayne Morning in America Registered Senior Member

We shall see. I think, barring some third party entering the race, the Republicans will keep the presidency.

However, if some third party candidate such as Ron Paul were to run, it would split the conservative vote and give the presidency to Hilary.

Wouldn't that be nicely symetrical, since it was the third party candidacy of Ross Perot that put her husband in office.

And future generations would have the pleasure of learning the order of presidents....Bush, Clinton, Bush, Clinton. How many cycles can we go thru?

16. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

It is misleading but it is a quote from the biased leftist media. The party that put out the ad is the biggest party in Switzerland and not on the far right of the political spectrum there.

17. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

um how will the repubs win all their leading canidates have flaws that will prove to be major in the general election

18. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

Because they are running against that uber bitch Hillary Clinton. I'm not saying she'll definitely lose, but she might.

If the Dems had run someone half sensible like Evan Bayh the election would probably be in the bag already.

19. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

hillary is a strong candidate the repubs can't take her

20. Count Sudoku Banned Banned

Give me a break. Her negatives are already sky high. Given how unpopular republicans are right now the election should be a sure thing for the democrats. It isn't and this is with a bunch of opponents who are all seriously flawed in one way or another.

21. spidergoat pubic diorama Valued Senior Member

Hillary's percieved negatives have been the result of a Republican smear campaign. This just proves how scared the Republicans are and have always been of the Clintons' popularity.

22. vslayer Registered Senior Member

if the republicans were worried about ron paul splitting their vote as an independant then why do they not put him up as the republican candidate. he is far more popular than giuliani and his isolationist and libertatian views will probably win him more than a few of the democrat votes.

23. quadraphonics Bloodthirsty Barbarian Valued Senior Member

Funny how quickly every thread on SciForums becomes about America.