What did some famous leaders have to say about religion?

Discussion in 'Religion Archives' started by w1z4rd, Oct 6, 2007.

1. w1z4rd Valued Senior Member

I suppose if your people are fighting about religion... they dont ask questions about where their share of the oil money is.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. maxg Registered Senior Member

Interestingly of all those you quoted Marx is the most sympathetic to religion, although technically he was never a political leader (unless you mean the leader of a rather small and not very powerful party).

4. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  5. Adstar Valued Senior Member

Good quote: And pretty much true.

The leaders of this world do find religion useful. Well religion that has been appropriately modified to suit. But their use of religion has in a funny way allowed the Gospel message to be spread. So even in their disbelief they have acted to spread the good news, even if their religious elite agents did not really believe what they where spreading.

How wonderful that God can use even the evil for His greater purpose.

Those that spread the twisted message also spread the true message and they benefit in this world from the false message but never receive the eternal benefits that come from the true message.

All Praise The Ancient Of Days

6. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  7. Vega Banned Banned

Religion is a useful political tool it's a crude but very effective invention.

8. John99 Banned Banned

It is funny that the first quote goes on about religion being useful to the rulers and then gooes on to quote a bunch of rulers.

Besides if anyone believes in myths it is these people digging up obscure quotes. Seneca the younger said what?

The quote itself is a myth. For all anyone knows he could have been an Atheist though. :shrug:

9. kerux Registered Senior Member

Religion

The Bible says:

James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and:bawl: to keep himself unspotted from the world.

10. Photizo Ambassador/Envoy Valued Senior Member

Here's another quote:

11. sandy Banned Banned

Jesus Christ is my favorite famous leader. He said "I am the way, the truth, and the life."

I believe Him. :worship:

12. Wisdom_Seeker Speaker of my truth Valued Senior Member

# Called or uncalled, God is present. - Carl G. Jung
    # This is actually a statement that Jung discovered among the Latin writings of Desiderius Erasmus, who declared the statement had been an ancient Spartan proverb. Jung popularized it, having it inscribed over the doorway of his house, and upon his tomb.

13. ghost7584 Registered Senior Member

Here is what I think about your leaders:

Matthew 15:14 Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch.

14. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

15. Photizo Ambassador/Envoy Valued Senior Member

You ought to thank God for His grace and kindness.

16. Cris In search of Immortality Valued Senior Member

sandy,

I wonder where the myth maker who wrote that phrase really came across it. Or perhaps he was so engrossed in his story telling that it might be his creation. Pity we don't know the names of the authors of the gospel myths.

Not sure though you are wise to follow a quote of a myth maker we don't know, who wrote these wonderful mythical stories.

17. sandy Banned Banned

The author is God Himself. :worship:

You follow the Bible and your life is a 10 in every aspect: mentally, physically, emotionally, spiritually, financially, socially, romantically, etc...

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

Your life may not be perfect, but you have the peace and joy you can only know through Him. :bravo:

18. Medicine*Woman Jesus: Mythstory--Not History! Valued Senior Member

M*W: He didn't exist, so he didn't give us any "grace" nor any "kindness." All the "grace" and "kindness" we gave to ourselves. You need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2007
  19. VitalOne Banned Banned

This is preaching, a pointless thread, oh wait its against theism and favors atheism, so its ok

Please Register or Log in to view the hidden image!

20. pjdude1219 The biscuit has risen Valued Senior Member

my views of religion are in line with the book a stranger in a strange land unedited version

21. kerux Registered Senior Member

wONDER?

wow YONDER!

You will remain wondering because:

Proverbs 21:16 The man that wandereth out of the way of understandingshall remain in the congregation of the dead.

22. kerux Registered Senior Member

But

Buts? Ifs?

First century christians were admonished,

Matthew 5:48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

2 Corinthians 13:11 Finally, brethren, farewell. Be perfect, be of good comfort, be of one mind, live in peace; and the God of love and peace shall be with you.